Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Inactive School Ground Locations
[Y1: On-Campus] Track&Field Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:49 pm
·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.¤~Ғαyε Ѵαℓεŕї Ŕħσαđεѕ ~¤·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Location Track and Field Company Chael, Antonio Reyes, Phoebe, Ava

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

To say Faye wasn't nervous about the upcoming battle would be untrue. Yes...she was fighting the urge to fidget and shift around. But fortunately, as students began to fill the empty bleachers, her natural affixation for attention started to surface. Faye stood taller, smiled brighter and took on an air of confidence. Finally...she was getting a chance in the spotlight. Regardless of the outcome of this battle, she would be remembered. Her silent gloating was interrupted by the arrival of a tall, dark haired male adult. The man introduced himself as Antonio Reyes, an employee of the Academy and apparently, now the self declared Referee of the match. Faye puffed up a bit in pride, raising her head and smiling at the Battle Class Teacher as he turned to address her properly, even going so far as to bow slightly. Faye returned the gesture and replied, "A pleasure to meet you Mr. Reyes. I personally would love to have you witness the battle. I would hate to have any mistakes made." Turthfully, Faye was mildly annoyed by the adults prescence. His being at the match meant that any unhanded comments or mud slinging would likely be put to the sword before they hit home. And Faye would have loved to have ground Riverton into the dirt a little more.

Speaking of the colossal jerk....Chael arrived late claiming to have stopped to get lunch. Faye sniffed a bit at him, tossing her hair in her trademark fashion, "I would have thought since you were so eager to fight, that you would have been here first with bells on Riverton. You know that this whole battle thing is completely unnecessary. Really....I wouldn't have pegged you as someone who would overreacted so dramatically. Are you really sure you hair should be that short?" Faye was prevented from saying anything more by Mr. Reyes saying that he wanted a clean and respectable battle. Faye forced her tongue to be still, despite her urge to spit more acid at Riverton. Glancing around, Faye spotted Ava in the bleacher's. Smiling, the blond waved to the fellow Charizard girl. Pheobe was also in the stands, as well as a fairly sizable crowd of students. When Mr. Reyes said that summoning her Pokémon at the beginning of the battle was more appropriate, she just smirked across the ring at Chael in smug satisfaction.

The deadly glare and hulking Pinsir was making Faye very uncomfortable. So she was rather glad to have the Teacher around now. Surly he would keep that horrid Bug for doing any major harm to her. It didn't occur to her to be worried about Amirah, Pokémon battle's was what her Eevee was designed for. That smirk was wiped clean by Chael's next comment about forgetting her name. Faye felt her back teeth grind together as she reached into her handbag and pulled out Amirah's Pokeball, inflating it in preparation, "And people think I'm airheaded for being blond. Must be doubled for someone who has no color at all Riverton. You know full well what my name is...and at the end of this...you'll be repeating it when you're sleeping! Amirah...time to battle!" Faye opened the Pokeball and the blast of red energy. The little fox heard her Trainer's command and eagerly solidified in a battle stance. She was surprised to see that her opponent was Chael's Pinsir. And Nysa did not look like an easy opponent to take down. But if Faye had pride in her reputation and her families name, Amirah had pride in her own smaller species. A weaker willed Pokémon would have looked at the menacing Pinsir and rolled over in submission. Amirah was not that. Amirah was stubborn, proud and above all else....Amirah fought with every last drop of her strength, till she couldn't move and she fainted from exhaustion. Such was her Adamant Nature...fight and fight and fight and once you'd done that....fight some more. Faye had only witnessed glimpses of that side of her Pokémon. It didn't matter that Amirah had little understanding of why this battle was taking place or that she didn't like her Trainer in the same way Nysa liked Chael. This was a battle and she would show everyone that size meant nothing. It was all about heart.

Faye had to smirk a bit at seeing Amirah as she emerged. The little Eevee glimmered in the afternoon sun and was puffed up to make herself look as large as possible. She didn't cower before the much larger Pinsir, rather she stood as tall and proud as her 1'0'' high body possiable could. Faye couldn't help but speak to the little fox, despite herself, "You are acting like a true Rhoades Pokémon Amirah. Good job. Now then....if you're going to insist on this meaningless battle Riverton...so be it. Amirah....began with Tail Whip!" The Eevee looked carefully at the larger Pinsir before her small legs powered her forward. With her smaller size and greater agility, Amirah darted between Nysa's legs. Once behind the Bug Pokémon, the Eevee started to dance in a figure eight around Nysa, even going so far as to jump up in front of the Pinsir's vision. All while circling around Nysa, Amirah dragged her fluffy fox tail along Nysa's carapace, tickling at spots that the Pinisr didn't even know were ticklish and causing the large Pokémon's readied stance to unbalance a bit, opening Nysa up for an easier hit.

User Image
Attire Mint Green Summer Fashion
Mood Anticipation/Proud/Annoyed/Angry
Word Count 906
O.O.C Opening with Tail Whip. Let it begin. XD
X
User ImageAmirah the Eevee • Lvl 5 • Normal • Adamant • Adaptability Tackle - Helping Hand - Tail Whip - Sand Attack

เภשєภt๏гץ
      P O K E B A L L S :
        User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image with Pokedex, Calling, Texting, Camera and Video Availability

M I S C E L L A N E O U S :
        User Image x 5

Tsuki the Fated Wind

SoundVVave

Shadow of Miracles

DJ Double B

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:02 pm
Erkowan
This probably isn’t the best time to tell you that I don’t care. ◓ ◓ ◓

C H A E L – R I V E R T O N User Image

"Apologies. Nysa loathes being kept in her ball so I prefer to keep her out where she can stretch her legs."

"Do I detect a hint impatience? If I remember correctly, you were the one who started this when you called Nysa gross and that I should have her replaced. If you are getting tired of my drama, I suggest you learn to hold your tongue." Chael advised coolly as the battle began. The professor said something about him being green and showing sportsmanship, but the boy simply nodded without actually listening. He could carry himself properly when he needed to, so there was no issue about that.

As to her second rebuttal, Chael gave her a shrug. Having people show indifference to her was a very quick way to annoy her and the boy was simply fighting to be left alone. "Some more advice: speak for yourself. I am incapable of saying something that I never remembered, but it does seem like my name has been on your mind for quite a while. Pardon the sass, but I believe you are displacing your thoughts onto me. Nysa, please use Focus Energy." he said to his Pinsir as she looked at the furry thing shoving its tail in his psrtner's face. What.

Nysa made what Pinsirs could be called a grin and steeled her nerves the same way that her trainer did. If battles were about heart, then the stag beetle Pokemon had that in spades- they had a common desire to both protect one another and a desire to annoy the girl to kingdom come for her transgressions. She charged what energy she had into her horns as she felt her horns getting sharper and her focus tightening to a point where Nysa was watching everything take place at a slower rate. Her heart raced and she felt her will to battle increase, despite her muscles weakening from the Tail Whip attack.

Chael watched the battle unfold as both Pokemon prepared themselves in order to what he could only assume be going at each others throats. Truthfully he had little idea as to what Focus Energy actually did- but it sounded cool enough to to something important. "Perhaps when this is said and done, you'll be wise enough to know that the only thing more foolish than crossing a Pokemon is crossing the trainer they've known for years." Again, the professor's attendance didn't particularly matter to him. One of his weak spits was his family's divorce, but he prized Nysa far above that for helping him get through that. He spoke his mind when he deemed it necessary and the parallel to his first words spoken to her would hopefully drive home that while Chael didn't start feuds, he intended on being a person who finished them.

Outside Pokeball/s: Nysa
    Mood: Very nervous, slightly angry
    Wearing: Flygon Gym Uniform
    OOC: And let the students flip.

Items:
• 1 Pokeball
• 5 Rare Candies
• 1 Pokegear

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Pokemon: Pinsir, Nysa
Friendship Points: 60/250
50 Home-brought Pokemon
+10 Participated in class
Level: 5
Nature: Brave
Ability: Mold Breaker
Experience:
Move Set:

► Vice Grip
► Bind
► Focus Energy
► -

◓ ◓ ◓ Oh well.

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:09 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

While Faye had wanted very badly to spit back at Chael's comments, with a Teacher present, it was probably best to take the backhanded comment her rival suggested. So the blond Heiress did indeed hold her tongue, though she glared across the field at Chael hotly. She was so going to make him suffered for those comments. She glanced at Mr. Reyes, who was observing the fight with interest and a small smile. Faye somewhat wished that she could ask the Teacher how to win the battle, but the dark haired adult seemed just as happy to watch and judge. The crowd seemed to be getting quite worked up though and Faye felt her heart pound in excitement. It felt like she was standing on a stage....which she supposed in a way, she truly was.

Faye had felt a grin cross her face as Amirah sped forward in a blur of brown and white. Her tiny Eevee danced around the much larger Pokémon, dragging her tail about. While Faye didn't understand exactly what the attack had done, as she didn't see any damage done. The Pinsir hadn't stumbled or seem to be in any pain. And Chael's retaliation was just as unimpressive...though....his Pinsir did seem to look tougher now. Stronger somehow. Faye didn't really understand it and Riverton's tone about knowing his Pokémon better made her toss her hair over her shoulder smugly, "I've enough wits about me to take you on anytime Riverton. And your Bug Pokémon too. Amirah....kindly retaliate. Use Tail Whip again."

The small fox had bounced away from Nysa after her first assault, expecting an attack in return. But the Pinsir hadn't hit her, which was honestly a bit disappointed. While she didn't like pain, it happened in a battle. And she accepted that. Hear large ears twitched at the command her Trainer gave before Amirah dashed forward again, tiny pads tearing up the ground as she dipped and danced around the focusing Nysa. Her tail tip flipped along the Pinsir's flank and into her joints. Faye smiled a bit. It was a calculated move on her part. She would not be the first one to shed blood in this battle. If worst came to worst....she could always push the blame back onto Riverton for that.

User Image
Mood Excited/Alert
Word Count 380
O.O.C Round 2
X
User ImageAmirah the Eevee • Lvl 5 • Normal • Adamant • Adaptability Tackle - Helping Hand - Tail Whip - Sand Attack

เภשєภt๏гץ
      P O K E B A L L S :
        User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :

User Image x 5

Tsuki the Fated Wind

SoundVVave

Shadow of Miracles

DJ Double B

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:20 pm
Erkowan

filler
Withholding his tongue, Chael waited for his opponent's turn to be over so he could give out his next command. What did that attack even do? What did either of those attacks even do? He gave a look of disapproval as the Eevee grinded up on his starter. "Listen, the Eevee looks like it's giving my Pokemon a lapdance and I think the move I had Nysa just use made her look like she liked it, so for the sake of not burning my eyes out, let's not ever use those moves the next time we battle." he blurted out. A few of the students watched erupted in laughter, though Chael didn't care enough to notice- simply deciding his next move while Faye did hers. No matter how the battle turned out, the loser would obviously challenge the other again for a battle once they had trained up more a little bit. That much was obvious, so hopefully they'd have different moves by then that didn't make the starters looks like they were about to shack up.

Nysa turned and gave him a look of betrayal. "Oh please. Just use Vice Grip-"

The Pinsir faced him.

"-on the Eevee." Chael was very quick to add.

She turned back around and faced Amirah. Nysa bent in front of the conveniently close Eevee and extended her horns, opening up like a Sharpedo's mouth before swallowing a poor Goldeen whole, and closed them violently without so much as a warning. She didn't do the attack with any flair or drama. The Pinsir was very much unlike her trainer in that sense, but she did share a disturbing lack of hesitation.

OOC: 1-5 Crit, 6-10 disappointing less critical but still awesome...al attack. Also sorry. But forreal. Also if you want to use that for a turning point for less trying to destroy each other emotionally and more just wanting them to piss each other off, emotion_dealwithit because that was gold

Items:
• 1 Pokeball
• 5 Rare Candies
• 1 Pokegear

50 Home-brought Pokemon
Experience:
Move Set:

► Vice Grip
► Bind
► Focus Energy
► -

◓ ◓ ◓ Oh well.

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
Tsuki the Fated Wind rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:24 pm
((Pffffff, forgot to roll.))
but i never forget to rock emotion_dealwithit  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Faye didn't think she'd ever been so stunned in her life. For a few seconds, the blond girl merely stood blinking at Chael in dumbfoundment before the full effect of his words finally hit. Faye's face turned red and her crystal blue eyes sparked with fury as she screeched in rage, "YOU FOUL MOUTHED, GOOD-FOR-NOTHING LITTLE CRETIN!! HOW DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST SUCH A DISGUSTING, DEGRADING PRACTISE TOWARDS ME!! FORGET BURNING OUT YOUR EYES...TRY CLEANING YOU BRAIN WITH SOAP AND FIRE BEFORE YOU DARE TO SPEAK TO A LADY IN SUCH A MANNER!!" Faye was absolutely furious, so much so that she barely heard the distressed cry of her Eevee or the crushing horns of the Pinsir. The sharp spiked deathtrap closed on her little fox with horrid results. Amirah hadn't been quick enough to dodge the attack, Nysa had moved with shocking speed. The massive horned had closed around her middle and squeezed with devastating force.

Amirah screamed in pain, feeling her ribs strain from the pressure and the spike dig through flesh, creating puncture wounds and rivets of blood. But the Eevee was still able to fight, even with the pain of the crushing Vice Grip trying to strangle the life from her. Wiggling, twisting and finally bracing her back feet on two spikes, Amirah wrenched herself free from the compressing horns. Kicking off from the Pinsir, the Eevee back flipped through the air before finding her balance and landing on her feet. Panting hard, the courageous little Normal Type glared across the battle ring at Nysa. The Vice Grip had hurt a lot, but her Adamant Nature would not allow her to back down, no matter what happened. Faye breathed in deeply, shaking so badly her teeth felt like they were vibrating. But she managed to calm down and speak in a more controlled tone to Chael the second time, "You truly have a filthy mind Riverton. Maybe I'm the one who understand Pokémon more than you if that's how you view a battle. Go back to whatever slime, rat infested ally you crawled out of, I think their missing you lovely sense of humor. Amirah...stay strong. Hit that overgrow flea with a Tackle Attack!"

Amirah was so happy to hear that command from her Trainer. While both Faye and Chael hadn't understood the value of her previous moves, the little Eevee knew exactly what to do now. Even with the critical hit having landed, Amirah could see the weakened areas on the Pinsir. Open spots where the larger Pokémon wasn't as well braced or protecting as carefully. And she knew just where to hit. Tensing her muscles, the world seemed to slow down for Amirah as she selected her target. It narrowed to a single, wide open spot and energy flowed through her body like liquid fire. Amirah's small feet tore up chunks of earth, sending clods flying into the air as she suddenly rocketed forward like a bullet. White streaks of energy shot backwards as the Eevee ran so fast she became nothing but a blur of brown and white. Launching herself off the ground, Amirah pinned her ears to the back of her skull and lowered her head, bracing for the impact. All 15 pounds of fur and flesh slammed into Nysa's front carapace with the force of a mini sledgehammer. The echoing, harsh CRACK!! of flesh and bone hitting an exoskeleton sounded like a small explosion. The concussive force combined with the lowered defense sent the Pinsr flying backwards while Amirah nimbly flipped through the air once more to land gracefully on her feet.

User Image
Mood Horrified/Berserk/Enraged
Word Count 600
O.O.C LOL, that was beautiful Tsuki! Congrats on the Critical. Blitzing Tackle Attack in return as well as a thoroughly pissed off Faye.
X

เภשєภt๏гץ
      P O K E B A L L S :
        User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :

User Image x 5

Tsuki the Fated Wind

SoundVVave

Shadow of Miracles

DJ Double B

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:21 pm
(A/N: Okay time out for the both of you. 1) There are currently no rules about critical hits or how that is calculated and just because it is not in the rules, it does not mean you can make one up without even addressing it to me or one of the crew members. 2) Its been a while since I've been an 11 year old, I can't say whether I knew what a "lap dance" was at that age, but nonetheless I am going to ask you both to consider the age of your characters and do not just be throwing words around for shock factor. I'm speaking to you Tsuki, I do not remember reading in your character's profile that your student had an adult's mind because otherwise he would not have been approved. I will let it go this time, but consider this a warning for the both of you.)

Erkowan
Tsuki the Fated Wind

User Image
Antonio Reyes
Are you where you want to be?

The battle was going quite well -in his opinion- and the students seemed to be trying to calculate their moves. Neither of them had actually used an attacking move yet, but instead were raising (in Chael's case) stats and lowering (in Faye's case) their opponent's defenses. That kind of preparation was already quite advance for students their age, but of course he didn't know that the students were using their moves without knowing what the moves did. Either way, the tall dark-haired man was quite happy to referee this battle. Once the attacks started then it would really get heated and a winner would definitely be decided. The students had been or more less quite and "polite" to each other in the sense that neither was trying to play mind games. Even adult battlers tries to psych their opponent out by taunts or other verbal means. Antonio never approved of those kind of methods, but it was something that happened often in battles and it would be one of the many things trainers needed to be able to face. Especially at their young age where emotions drive everything they do, this battle was almost mild. Oh how wrong he would be...

Faye's Eevee had used two Tail Whips which lowered Pinsir's defense by two stages. This would cause any physical attack to do double the damage which was very good for the blonde-haired student. Chael's Pinsir used Focus Energy which was a move that could potentially heighten one of the bug pokemon's attack for a devastating blow. Both students were in favorable positions and it would really just come down to who decided to attack first. Antonio wasn't sure if the students could feel the pressure of this battles yet, but to him this was what made battles so thrilling. All that excitement immediately ended after he heard Chael's comment which was followed by Faye's retaliation against said comment. The adults sighed knowing that he needed to handle this quickly. Antonio raised both flags in the air. "Time Out!"

Once he made sure to have both of the students attention, he stared at them with a stern look. Any child would recognize this look and knew that a scolding was coming. Antonio had his arms crossed and turned his head to look at Chael first. "Riverton, there's a difference between trying to psych your opponent out and being vulgar. Do not disrespect the battlefield by saying such words." Once he was done, he turned his head to look at Faye, "Rhoades, I understand you're upset, but calm yourself. A trainer must always be poise even under strained situations." Now that he was finished addressing them individually, he faced forward so his words were meant for both of them. "I am giving you both a warning. Let this be your first lesson in battle etiquette, do not be so disrespectful."

With those final words, Antonio raised the flags once more and then brought them back down. This was the signal that the battle may continue once more, but Antonio was no longer watching with his usual soft and kind eyes. His eyes were narrowed and sharp as he would this battle like a hawk now to make sure the events would not repeat themselves. He had been upset about the words that were being used and he questioned how a boy that young even knew such a word. However, he shoved those thoughts out the window not wanting to know just wanting to never hear them again from a child's mouth. Both pokemon had now done damage to each other and each attack had been quite deadly. The battle had become and endurance battle now; just who could withstand the most damage?

==========

(A/N: Erkowan, you have two more posts before a decision regarding the winner is made. Tsuki, you have three more posts left. Once you guys have reached your fifth post, please quote me so that a winner may be decided. Once the winner is decided, they will have the final move to be acted out as they pleased. Once again, I do not want the events prior to this post to happen again.)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:42 am
Shadow of Miracles
Erkowan

filler
Chael tried to block out the Explosion move that Rhoades used so eloquently, but her shrieking won the day. He felt his blood boil and he nearly spat out a comment about the people from the place where she had come from not having a sense of humor before the Battle Professor stepped in to intervene to scold the both of them. The boy stood quietly, listened, and held his tongue because he wasn't keen on getting a detention for showing an adult lip. Very well. Nodding afterwards to show acknowledgment, Chael went back to the battle at hand. Oh how he was going to enjoy this.

"Continue with another Vice Grip, Nysa." Chael commanded of his Pinsir, setting her off again on the Eevee. She bounded forward with her snapping horns, closing and opening them brutally. Chael gulped as he saw how vicious his starter Pokemon could be when battling was on the table. He was suddenly glad that he had a means to take her out of situations with a literal press of a button. The Eevee had slammed into her with a sickening crack before the teacher had intervened, but the Bug Pokemon was still standing. Despite its silly looks, that Tail Whip somehow packed a punch alright.

OOC: I apologize for both the critical thing and the vulgarity. I didn't see critical hits mentioned anywhere so I just followed the most recent rules in Gen6 for it on Bulbapedia. I'll let the mods figure out how it works from here on in. As for the lap dance thing, that's on me. We probably went to very different middle schools lol. sweatdrop

Items:
• 1 Pokeball
• 5 Rare Candies
• 1 Pokegear

50 Home-brought Pokemon
Experience:
Move Set:

► Vice Grip
► Bind
► Focus Energy
► -

◓ ◓ ◓ Oh well.

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:27 am

Faye's blood was on fire. First from the excitement of the battle, then from Chael's cheeky comment. She hadn't really understood much of what the other boy had said, but she understood that it was a gravish insult that was meant to be relatilated with rage. But her screaming defence was stopped cold by the scolding and hard eyes of the Teacher. Much as Faye wanted to snarl, snap and throw her famous tantrum, she restrained with a great force of will. It helped a lot that Mr. Reyes forced a pause on the battle, making both of their Pokemon cease attacking so he could speak. She knew that if she looked at Antonio, her eyes would be glaring daggers of white hot anger, so Faye lowered her gaze as she was instructed to control her anger. Taking in a deep breath, Faye struggled to keep from shaking. After a few moments she managed to nod to Mr. Reyes with a tiny smile, "I apologise Kennai. I lost my temper. It won't happen again." To Chael, Faye spared none of her wrath, glaring across the ring at the pale haired boy.

The Pinsir was on the attack again, closing those massive horns over Amirah's body. Try as the Eevee might, she couldn't dodge. Her legs were still feeling numb from before. Faye felt her heart clench a bit as her Pokemon howled in pain, but she was determine to not be the first to fall. Her deep set need to always succeed and never fail came into play as she hollered to Amirah, "Don't you dare give in Amirah! You can win this! Keep fighting! Use you size, your faster than that Pinsir!" Faye's only thought was of winning, she didn't even realise that her words helped and encouraged her Pokemon to carry on through the pain. Wiggling and twisting, the tiny Eevee again broke free of the crushing grip. But it had cost her, she was badly wounded.

Her landing on the ground this time was much less graceful, and she staggered about. Faye was worried she won't pull through, but the little fox's stubborn side proved strong enough to overcome the injuring. Faye smirked in pride, her Pokemon's superior breeding would pull through in the end, she just knew it, "Well done Amirah. Now return the favor. Tackle Attack! As hard as you can!" The determine Normal Type dug deep into her reserves of energy and streaked forward once more in a blaze of fur and fury. Zig-zagging across the field so the Pinsir couldn't track where she was going, the Eevee deeked to the side, coming in behind the much larger Pokemon. It a hilarious and devastating attack, Amirah launched herself at the area where most people would call the Pinsir's rear end, twisting her head at the last minute to ram her shoulder into the small of Nysa's back before darting back to Faye's side of the ring.

User Image
Mood Horrified/Berserk/Enraged
Word Count --
O.O.C Respond was written at work, so i can't get the word count.
X

เภשєภt๏гץ
      P O K E B A L L S :
        User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :

User Image x 5

Tsuki the Fated Wind

SoundVVave

Shadow of Miracles

DJ Double B

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:42 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Erkowan

filler
With a yawn, Chael retorted "If you have any intention of evolving Amirah into anything that doesn't need a stone, then you might want to stop talking to her so harshly as if she doesn't have a choice in the matter." Amirah had something that reminded him a little bit of his mother's Espeon, Cherry. While he wasn't familiar with most 'Eeveelutions', he was at least familiar with his own mother's, having grown up with one. That one needed to be groomed and raised with care... and according to his mother some much needed tanning in the sun. He gave Nysa a sympathetic eye and would have called off the match had the Pinsir not have an equal desire to shut the girl up. Faye had crossed the both of them. This was a dual effort on the both of their parts. "I wonder how harsh you are when you don't have a crowd to judge you." he added in a very neutral, musing tone. How long had she had her starter's company?

Amirah slammed again into Nysa and again Nysa was knocked down as the furry little normal type struck the back of her shoulder. The impact hurt and she gasped in pain before hissing harshly at Amirah, but she bit through the pain for her trainer. While the Eevee had superior breeding, the Pinsir was not green to a fight like Chael and their opponents. She had sent her own fair share of Bug Catchers packing in her days as a wild Pokémon. It was nature versus nurture, and Nysa had every intent of showing that talent bred into someone was useless if not honed to be more useful! She got back up and waited for her trainer's next command.

"Use Vice Grip again, and this time try to send your opponent flying." Chael said to Nysa, sending her again onwards to Amirah. The Pinsir barreled forward and extended her horns with a shaking motion, hoping that if they caught the Eevee, they'd shake her around like an adorable little rag doll in a washing machine. Chael kept a very stoic face when Nysa wasn't being hurt, though he was in fact very worried. If they lost this match, then it would at least be weeks until they could train enough to challenge her again- because he had no doubt in his mind that she'd let him forget a defeat like this. He started to think of drastic solutions because there would be no sane way to deal with that girl in case of a code red.

His first thought was blackmailing with the history of her not going to the Johto University Ball. Chael had the images on the email, though he doubted anyone here was well bred enough to even know what the ball was. Poor saps. He could also just go to a dean and tell them the nonsense that she was doing to him, even though that wasn't how he wanted to 'win'. It'd seem cheap, though he guessed the effect would be the same. That would be a final final measure, saved for when Hell broke loose and he was one or two very poor decisions away from tarnishing the Riverton name.

Once the attack was over, Nysa took a few steps away towards her end of the battleground. Amirah could stand her ground, so that meant there was no point in holding back. Not that she was. While Amirah looked like she met the worse end of a Beedrill's nest, the Pinsir looked no better- looking like she decided to stand still while a group of Linoone stampeded at her.

Mood: Stoic, worrying
    OOC:@Erkowan: I hope you don't mind my taking liberty with the metaphors. sweatdrop

Items:
• 1 Pokeball
• 5 Rare Candies
• 1 Pokegear

50 Home-brought Pokemon
Experience:
Move Set:

► Vice Grip
► Bind
► Focus Energy
► -

◓ ◓ ◓ Oh well.

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:10 pm
Erkowan
Tsuki the Fated Wind

Alright guys, you didn't reach the 5 posts but you made it to 4 posts each which will be good enough 3nodding

the battle is temporarily placed on a hold while the decision regarding the winner is made.

Once a decision has been made, the winner will be declared in this post and he/she will be allowed to make the final/victory post in whatever fashion they desire. Thank you!

EDIT

A decision has been made and the winner of the first pokemon battle in the guild is....AMIRAH the Eevee!

I will now begin to explain the reasoning behind this decision:

First I want to start out by saying the people involved in the judgment was myself and my three Vice Captains. This was not a decision I made on my own and we made sure to properly go over the facts before making a decision.

We made our judgment based on the moves that were used in the battle and how it effected the pokemon. And here is a break down of the moves used in this battle:

Faye 1: Tail Whip
Chael 1: Focus Energy
Faye 2: Tail Whip
Chael 2: Vice Grip
Faye 3: Tackle
Chael 3: Vice Grip
Faye 4: Tackle
Chael 4: Vice Grip

Eevee attacked a total of 2 times while Pinsir attacked a total of 3 times. Since Eevee used Tail Whip twice, this means that Pinsir's defense was lowered by two stages indicating that every physical attack that Pinsir receives would do double the damage. Pinsir used Focus Energy which raised the critical hit ratio by two stages meaning Pinsir's attacks have a 50% chance to do 1.5x damage.

Eevee's ability, Adaptability, raises the power of STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) moves from 50% (1.5x) to 100% (2x). Pinsir's Mold Breaker ability only affects the damage that Pinsir may provide, but does not affect Eevee's attacks in any way.

After some calculations were done, we were able to estimate the power that Tackle and Vice Grip would do when used:
- Tackle = 200 (after Tail Whip, includes STAB and Adaptability boost)
- Vice Grip = 82.5 (after Focus Energy and if Critical hit is successful)
Eevee attacked twice and Pinsir attacked 3 times this makes the total damage that each pokemon did on one another is the following:
- Tacke = 400
- Vice Grip = 248 (round up)

Finally, using a Damage Calculator online we ran some damage tests which resulted in:
- Lvl 5 Eevee guaranteeing a 2 hit KO on a level 5 Pinsir when using Tackle.
- Lvl 5 Pinsir guaranteeing a 3 hit KO on a level 5 Eevee when using Vice Grip.
And these were calculated before adding Tail Whip and Focus Energy

Last Notes: Both players are excellent RPers meaning there was no way for us to judge your battle based on who the better RPer is. Instead we decided to word count your posts to make sure they were the appropriate length. Tsuki, one of your posts was 211 words which falls under the 250+ word minimum required for each post when battling. It did not affect our final decision greatly, but it was something we looked at as well.

If all this was confusing to you then I do apologize sweatdrop but if anything it should show you the amount of effort that was placed in deciding a winner for this battle. If you have any questions then you are free to PM me, however, if your PM is about trying to change the outcome of the winner then I will not respond. Our decisions are final 3nodding

Erkowan your character is the winner of this battle ^^ congratulations. You will have the final battle post to officially end this battle.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:01 pm

Faye glared at Chael across the field as Amirah bounded back to her side of the field. Tossing her hair arrogantly, she sneered at her rival, “I hardly think that you have any place to tell me how to raise MY Pokemon, Riverton. Amirah is enjoying the battle as much as I am. And if I recall, you don’t even have the option of evolving your Pokemon. So really….perhaps you should be paying more attention to your own Pokemon rather than giving me advice on how to rear mine.” Faye didn’t really understand why anyone would want to have a Pokemon that didn’t evolve. As far as she knew, Pokemon grew in strength when they evolved. But maybe that was yet another reason why Chael was beneath her.

Faye didn’t respond to Chael’s comment on her being harsh. As far she was concerned, she was absolutely perfect just the way she was. But before she could snap back, Chael had ordered his Pinsir to attack again. The massive spiked horns closed over her Eevee and squeezed hard before lifting the tiny fox up. Amirah screeched in pain and fear as she was sent airborne. Faye snapped her head up to follow her Pokemon’s sky born figure, feeling her heart clench as she struggled to adapt to this new twist Riverton had through her way. Amirah didn’t know what to do as gravity started to take effect and she started to fall back to earth. Faye thought fast and yelled up to her Starter, “AMIRAH! USE THE FALL TO GAIN SPEED AND HIT THAT PINISR WITH A TACKLE!”

Amirah may not have had the same emotional connection to Faye that Chael may have had with his Pinsir, but she shared a mutual desire. To Win! The little Eevee twisted in mid-air, angling herself towards the Pinsir’s head. The fall back to earth cause her to gain greater speed than she ever could have achieved on the ground. To add more power, Amirah twisted in a helix spiral as she fell. When she connected with Nysa, the CRACK of skull to skull contact sounded like thunder. A crater formed under Nysa as the force shook the ground. Amirah bounced off the gorund and rolled, battered, dirty and barely conscious. Slowly Amirah pushed herself to her feet, looking across the field as Nysa also stood. For several moments the two Pokemon looked at each other. The silence of the crowd stretched on before finally…the Pinsir’s legs shook and she fell to the ground.

For several moments, Faye was too stunned to react. It didn’t fully come to her mind until the crowd started to cheer and whoop. She had WON!! Faye shook off the stun and turned to the crowd, raising her hand to wave to the applauding people. But a pained cry made her turn back to Amirah, who fell to her belly, too drained to keep standing. Faye quickly took out her Pokeball and recalled the tired Eevee. Mr. Reyes was waving her forward, expecting her to shake hands with Chael. The last thing she wanted to do was to shake Riverton’s hand, but it was expected in this situation and the look in the Teacher eye told her she didn’t have a choice. Walking forward, Faye shook Chael’s hand, but smirked and whispered only for him to hear, “You really didn’t stand a chance Riverton. No one can one up a Rhoades…but feel free to keep trying. I’ll enjoy using you as my personal doormat.” Dropping Chael’s hand, Faye turned to the crow to keep waving and enjoying the attention. Ahhh, it was so good to be known.

User Image
Mood Victorious/Prideful
Word Count 608
O.O.C
X

เภשєภt๏гץ
      P O K E B A L L S :
        User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :

User Image x 5

Tsuki the Fated Wind

SoundVVave

Shadow of Miracles

DJ Double B

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:26 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Erkowan

filler
"If all you honestly believe tha-" Chael's rebuttal was cut short by his Pokémon fainting. He sighed and quickly returned his Pokémon back to her Sportball. It seemed that he'd need to deal with Rhoades for a little while longer. No matter, they'd train and fight her again to shut that little blonde up. His heart dropped when he took a final look at his partner before putting her back in his pocket. They had lost, but he'd keep her fainted self away from the gawkers and more importantly, Faye. He looked back up with a newly lit fire in his eyes as he marched towards her. He'd shake her hand and whatnot, it was a fair match after all.

Shaking hands, Chael said just as quietly with a grin so smug "We'll see about that. Besides, it's only fair you won. While my parents never bothered with Johto University Ball, they entrusted me with making connections. How're your parents doing by the way? They are quite lovely." She had read up on him, so it was only fair that he read up on her. See, as far Chael could come up with, her parents were much more absent to her if the Ball was an example of their usual behavior. He didn't miss his parents because of Nysa, but Faye? Oh, he'd like to psychoanalyze more but he'd collect some more information first. First learn about your enemy, then you can jump to conclusions. The point was, he wanted her to know that he was willing to play just as horribly as she was.

This time he spoke in a normal tone. "You won the battle Rhoades, but for the war? The war has just begun. Professor? Where is the nurses' office if I may ask?" His priorities were less inclined to pleasing an audience like Faye was so keen on, and more on results. It didn't matter what other people thought of their squabble. The only thing that mattered was that the nasty little Rhoades girl knew that Chael Riverton would be playing hard ball from there on in.

He turned his back towards the crowd because he didn't really care. They were people who didn't have anything better to do, so he wouldn't give people who wasted time a second thought. Chael simply walked towards the battle instructor to find a place to heal his partner.

Mood: Quiet, seething
    OOC::

Items:
• 1 Pokeball
• 5 Rare Candies
• 1 Pokegear

50 Home-brought Pokemon
+10 Participated in Class
+10 Participated in Gym
-10 Battle loss
Experience:
Move Set:

► Vice Grip
► Bind
► Focus Energy
► -

◓ ◓ ◓ Oh well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:06 pm

Faye was absorbed in the crowd. She waved and smiled to the cheering students. The excitement of the battle was still coursing through her blood, making her skin feel tingly. It was such a rush...so much so that Faye was sorely tempted to bring out her Amirah, just to rile up the students up again. But remember that her Pokémon was injured, Faye choose not to. And Chael's comment about the Johto Ball made her snarl but Mr. Reyes stepped between them before she could snap at Riverton. Just as well she wanted to bask in the crowd some more.

She turned to looked back over her shoulder at Chael, smirking in triumph as she walked towards the students starting to filter out of the stands. Several came over to her, shaking her hand and recalling parts of the battle with awe in their voice. Faye could have spent all day simply soaking in the attention, but one of the students recommended that she get her Eevee healed at the Nurses' Office.

Not wanting to ruin the fame she'd just gotten, the Rhoades Heiress smiled brightly. She wanted very much to stay and keep mingling, but it appeared that the crowd was starting to thin. That was disappointing, but when Faye looked around, she realised that the light from the day was starting to fade. Ahh, that was why. It wasn't because they weren't interested, it was because the days was starting to end. Faye hadn't even realised how late it was starting to get. Or how suddenly tired she felt. The adrenaline from the battle was starting to wear off and the drain affected Fayez more than she wanted to admit. Deciding to move on, the blond girl absorbed herself into the parting student and headed back to the Campus. Her first stop would be the Nurse's Office to heal her Eevee before going back to the Charizard Dorm. She was sure there would be a crowd of admirers there that she could milk.

[Exit to Nurse's Office]

User Image
Mood Victorious/Prideful
Word Count 301
O.O.C
X

เภשєภt๏гץ
      P O K E B A L L S :
        User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :

User Image x 5

Tsuki the Fated Wind

SoundVVave

Shadow of Miracles

DJ Double B

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250