Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Questionnaire Box Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:05 pm
Hey there students and even our lovely faculty members~ Have a question? Well stop on by and we'll see if we can help emotion_bigheart emotion_hug

Per Request, here are the most frequently asked questions. This will be updated as we receive more questions 3nodding

Does this roleplay take place within the canonical Pokemon universe/world, with the exception of the newly added Evren region? Does this roleplay take place on the same Earth that has seven continents - Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia/Oceania, Europe, North America, and South America - and is the same one that exists in real life?
Quote:
- real world places exist (cities/countries/continents) and they exist alongside the pokemon regions. I guess the planet is big enough for all these places.
- do not dwell on the location of these places (we won't) because this story will only focus on the Evren region.
- animals do exist, but most of them have died or are kept in preservations. However, animals that are used for food (such as chicken, cow, fish, etc.) are still very much around for the sake of providing food for people. This will also remove the idea that people eat pokemon.

Would employees would be able to catch pokemon as well now that that's available?
Quote:
For the moment only students can catch pokemon. Employees will be able to catch pokemon, but just not at this moment.

Do I have to ask for approval first whenever i want to add new move a pokemon learn by leveling (without rp-ing for training session)?
Quote:
No, no approval is needed for moves learned by leveling up.

Does the library have books that are for fun, like fiction and stuff? And if it does are students allowed to check them out? And if it doesn't, is there maybe a bookstore or library in the city that could be visited every now and then?
Quote:
The library in the academy is supposed to have a large collection of books so finding a book that is about fiction is very possible.

How does a pokemon capture go if it is through the befriending method and not through battling means?
Quote:
It follows the same method as battles, meaning that you must post the minimum requirement of posts and words per post to capture the pokemon.

Is evolution with the only requirement being level good to go when they hit that level or does there need to be a certain friendship level?
Quote:
If friendship is not a factor in their evolution then all you need to do is make sure that they are at the proper level to do so. It should also be noted that evolving is not allowed to happen during a battle. While this happens in the anime we decided it would not happen here.

So I was rereading the battle rules for the upcoming match and this one part confused me. It said no auto hits, but does that still apply with moves that are 100% accuracy?
Quote:
The auto-hit refers to moves that are not 100% accurate such as Zap Cannon, Stone Edge, etc.

Can a minor character eventually become a main character?
Quote:
You can have your minor character become a main character but it cannot be in the same year that the minor character was introduced.

Regarding pokeballs, with the ones received in year 1, would they need to be used by the end of year 1? Or would they be kept going into year 2?
Quote:
Pokeballs don't expire. You can save them until you find pokemon you want to catch but they will not disappear when the years change

What is the regular breakdown of the school week schedule wise?
Quote:
The normal week would go:
Monday to Thursday: Normal day
Friday: P.E. and the second half is free
Saturday and Sunday: Free days

The guild is usually set up where Thursday-Friday-Saturday are RPed, so the end of the week.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:59 pm
As requested, I have a question.

A pokemon's natures I know affect certain stats. However, I was trying to figure how it would affect battles in the rp exactly. I read the battle example and it really isn't explained or used really aside for a mental note. At least that's how it felt to me.

Thanks in advanced for the explanation.  

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:21 pm
murruelecreuset

A pokemon's natures I know affect certain stats. However, I was trying to figure how it would affect battles in the rp exactly. I read the battle example and it really isn't explained or used really aside for a mental note. At least that's how it felt to me.

We have our first question! I just hope I can answer this without causing any confusion sweatdrop

Okay so basically the way Nature affects RP battles is like this: They will help the judges of the battle when trying to determine a winner.

Nature affects pokemon stats. Let's say a Haunter has the Jolly Nature (which increases Speed, but lowers Special Attack) and uses the move Shadow Ball during a battle to attack its opponent. Since his Jolly nature decreases his Special Attack stat then this Shadow Ball will not be as strong as a Shadow Ball from a neutral Nature pokemon or a pokemon with a Nature that increases Special Attack (such as Modest Nature).

The judges of the battle will see this and take into account that even though Shadow Ball is a powerful attack, it is not as strong as it could be. The opponent pokemon would take damage from Shadow Ball, but not as much due to the Jolly nature hindering Haunter's Special Attack. This might affect the decision of whether Haunter could win or not.

Of course there are many other factors that a judge will consider when judging a pokemon battle, but pokemon Natures is one of these factors and that is why they matter.

I hope I answered your question, but if its confusing then please let me know so that I may explain better 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:42 pm
Shadow of Miracles
murruelecreuset

We have our first question! I just hope I can answer this without causing any confusion sweatdrop

Okay so basically the way Nature affects RP battles is like this: They will help the judges of the battle when trying to determine a winner.

Nature affects pokemon stats. Let's say a Haunter has the Jolly Nature (which increases Speed, but lowers Special Attack) and uses the move Shadow Ball during a battle to attack its opponent. Since his Jolly nature decreases his Special Attack stat then this Shadow Ball will not be as strong as a Shadow Ball from a neutral Nature pokemon or a pokemon with a Nature that increases Special Attack (such as Modest Nature).

The judges of the battle will see this and take into account that even though Shadow Ball is a powerful attack, it is not as strong as it could be. The opponent pokemon would take damage from Shadow Ball, but not as much due to the Jolly nature hindering Haunter's Special Attack. This might affect the decision of whether Haunter could win or not.

Of course there are many other factors that a judge will consider when judging a pokemon battle, but pokemon Natures is one of these factors and that is why they matter.

I hope I answered your question, but if its confusing then please let me know so that I may explain better 3nodding

Okay I'm with you so far. Going off your example would Speed be considered a factor? I know Jolly increase the speed stat as well as the move Agility for instance.

Also on that note when using a move like Double Team that increases evasion. Would it be treated like how the nature Jolly would in your example? Where it's just taken into account rather then implemented in the dice roll?

- - - -

Side question that just came to me if your accuracy was decreased is that ever effect with the dice roll? Since tackle doesn't always hit but has 100% accuracy any other time.  

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:59 pm
murruelecreuset

In the game Speed affects who goes first and there are certain moves get increased based on Speed. However, since the battle system is done by turns, then Speed does not really matter too much when it comes to who goes first.

I did have an idea that the faster pokemon would get to start the pokemon battle first, but I figured that rolling for the highest number in the intro post would be more fair? So for the moment, Speed is only a factor that contributes to certain attacks such as Electro Ball and Gyro Ball.

Moves that involve a change in accuracy work like this: Whenever an opponent uses a move that raises accuracy such as Hone Claws then there will be a 10% increase in accuracy. For example, the move Thunder (which has a 70% accuracy) will now have an 80% accuracy.

If an opponent uses a move that raises evasion such as Double Team, then the opponent will lose 10% accuracy. Let's use Thunder again, its 70% accuracy would change to 60% accuracy.

This is how all evasion/accuracy increase/decrease moves will work. The opponent will either gain or lose 10% accuracy and this will affect the dice roll by either making the player roll for a different number or not roll at all if the accuracy changes to 100%

So if Thunder loses 10% accuracy and its new accuracy is changed to 60% (from the 70% it had) then when a player rolls a dice they must get the number 1,2,3, 4, 5, or 6 if they want Thunder to hit.

I hope this answers your question, but if it doesn't then I will continue to explain 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:15 pm
Shadow of Miracles
murruelecreuset

In the game Speed affects who goes first and there are certain moves get increased based on Speed. However, since the battle system is done by turns, then Speed does not really matter too much when it comes to who goes first.

I did have an idea that the faster pokemon would get to start the pokemon battle first, but I figured that rolling for the highest number in the intro post would be more fair? So for the moment, Speed is only a factor that contributes to certain attacks such as Electro Ball and Gyro Ball.

Moves that involve a change in accuracy work like this: Whenever an opponent uses a move that raises accuracy such as Hone Claws then there will be a 10% increase in accuracy. For example, the move Thunder (which has a 70% accuracy) will now have an 80% accuracy.

If an opponent uses a move that raises evasion such as Double Team, then the opponent will lose 10% accuracy. Let's use Thunder again, its 70% accuracy would change to 60% accuracy.

This is how all evasion/accuracy increase/decrease moves will work. The opponent will either gain or lose 10% accuracy and this will affect the dice roll by either making the player roll for a different number or not roll at all if the accuracy changes to 100%

So if Thunder loses 10% accuracy and its new accuracy is changed to 60% (from the 70% it had) then when a player rolls a dice they must get the number 1,2,3, 4, 5, or 6 if they want Thunder to hit.

I hope this answers your question, but if it doesn't then I will continue to explain 3nodding

I totally the dice rolling being more fair. Plus in the anime it seems to never work out that way. lol

Thanks for explaining everything, sure did help. If I come up with anything else to ask I'll be sure to throw it your way smile  

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:01 pm
Are Academy Employees considered a second character? For instance; if someone creates two student characters (or one student and one teacher) would they also be allow to create one Academy Employee character, that is not a teacher? If they aren't considered a second character, I wouldn't mind helping out by playing one of those roles if need be.

Edit: Never-mind, please excuse this post. Through looking over the rules once again, I see now that Employee character are also considered second characters. Sorry about bugging you Shadow of Miracles. You're probably sick of me. I know I would be ><

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:50 pm

small question that i felt might be better placed here than in the ooc chat!
after some very careful reading, i've become very interested in the houses
is there any particular way in which you sort characters, or is it just by random? ' o'

kato the silken

Divine Star

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:05 pm
yandeer

is there any particular way in which you sort characters, or is it just by random? ' o'

I'm 95% sure the characters are separated into houses based on their character types (personalities and strengths mostly). For example; characters that seem to be timid, but amicable enough that they can easily get along with others and enjoy helping out seem to have been placed in the Flygon house. I'm also not 100% if this information is being kept under wraps for plot purposes, but regardless, that's my best guess.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:12 pm
Hitsukei
Shadow of Miracles
Also I'm hoping more people will apply for some of the jobs that we have left.

Are Academy Employees considered a second character? For instance; if someone creates two student characters (or one student and one teacher) would they also be allow to create one Academy Employee character, that is not a teacher? If they aren't considered a second character, I wouldn't mind helping out by playing one of those roles if need be.

Yes Academy Employees are considered second characters. I added these characters for many purposes and one of those purposes was to give players the chance to play a grown up in case all teacher positions were taken.

I'd much rather players RP as these employees rather than have them as NPCs. So I am encouraging everyone to try these characters out.

EDIT

Not at all =D I'm here to answer questions and help my fellow members so please if there are any questions you have then just post them here and I will answer them 3nodding other people might have them as well

SECOND EDIT

This is no longer the correct answer since I have changed it so that academy employee's do not count as a second characters with the exception of teacher positions. I apologies to anyone who might be confused from reading this.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:18 pm
yandeer

The answer is this:

It's a secret wink

How I choose to place students into certain Houses depends on many things which I cannot reveal (sorry sweatdrop ) and the purpose for this is because I don't want players creating students just for the purpose of joining a certain House.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:45 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Hitsukei
Shadow of Miracles
Also I'm hoping more people will apply for some of the jobs that we have left.

Yes Academy Employees are considered second characters. I added these characters for many purposes and one of those purposes was to give players the chance to play a grown up in case all teacher positions were taken.

I'd much rather players RP as these employees rather than have them as NPCs. So I am encouraging everyone to try these characters out.

EDIT

Not at all =D I'm here to answer questions and help my fellow members so please if there are any questions you have then just post them here and I will answer them 3nodding other people might have them as well

I didn't think of it that way, but that's a pretty good idea to have it so that others can still create an adult character even if all teacher roles have been filled. Plus, not being NPCs, these characters would have much more depth to them, rather then just being a character that randomly only shows up when needed.

Also, you've got another good point. In case others might have wondered the same, we've now got that question covered. I'll continue to post relevant questions if they come to me. ^^;

I also want to add that it's a smart idea to keep the conditions for characters falling into certain houses a secret. A very clever way to facilitate character creation :3

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

shadowabyss1301

Fateful Traveler

14,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:28 pm
Shadow of Miracles

Mk, i got a few questions ive been meaning to ask xD a few simple ones.

Will "Releasing" pokemon be a thing?

Also curious about mega stones since those are a thing XD

And thats... pretty much it for now till ya know a evil group shows up. In which case i hope they have a interesting goal and enough spots for people to have a minor evil character xD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:24 pm
shadowabyss1301

You didn't read the rules did ya? =.=

We do not talk about mega evolution including the mega stones >.> this is something I will heavily enforced on everyone. No character in the RP is to bring it up, no one is even supposed to know that they exist and I will make sure it stays that way.

I know I probably sound harsh with this, but if I catch someone uttering or trying to include the mega stones/mega evolutions to their character then I will be having a talk with them.

Just know that at the moment there is no information that I am willing to give out about mega evolution/mega stones meaning no character in the RP will know anything either.

As for your question about releasing pokemon.....truthfully I don't know o.o I never actually considered it haha but I suppose that there would have to be special reasons for why this pokemon would be release.

Because if you decide to release your pokemon then you have lost that pokemon slot and you will not be able to catch another pokemon to replace the one you released. At least that's what I'm thinking at the moment.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

shadowabyss1301

Fateful Traveler

14,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:27 pm
Shadow of Miracles

I read a good chunk, barely scratched the combat section is all xD

And was just overall curious since my mind been out of it thanks to this cold lol.

Thanks for answering and Having no mega stones does not bother me in the slightest since theres like only 3 mega forms i actually like xD  
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff