❂ Damissan Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Art by Elf Princess Flannery)

|| Stat Page ||
Updated: Apr/02/18
Experience || 151

Inventory

Weapons
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Simple Blades || Keen Blades || Master Blades

Items
Change of Clothes x2

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:26 pm

User ImageCharacter Name: Damissan Mataou

Race: Fire Earthling

Appearance:
      Physical
          - Dark, nearly black-brown skin
          - Shaved head (curly, deep red hair when grown out)
          - Deep red eyes, angular with epicanthic folds
          - Fit and agile build, narrow hips and broader shoulders
          - Full lips
          - Long, straight nose

Dress
          - Loose, airy robes in styles customary for his people, but usually covering most of his body
          - Often ornate cloth even when in 'simple' garb, unwittingly showing off his background despite lack of extravagant styles

Base Traits:recklessproudpampered

Personality:
      Simple
          GOOD
        • hard-working, charming, adaptable
        • optimistic, ambitious, flexible
        • intelligent, curious, adventurous
        • intuitive, empathetic

NEUTRAL
        • outspoken, stubborn, alert
        • opinionated, decisive, resilient
        • extroverted, persuasive, charismatic

BAD
        • spoiled, entitled, egotistical
        • reckless, self-centered, hasty
        • irresponsible, flighty, impatient
        • bores easily, talks too much

Raised noble and under circumstances which lead him to believe himself capable of anything and deserving of everything, Damissan is proud. Coupled with that pride is his natural confidence and extroverted nature. Talking comes easily to him (or did), and his charisma in his teen years was effortless. He was energetic, willing to dive into anything, try anything once, and all with a conviction about him that whatever he did, he would do it best. His adventurousness is tied into that, alongside his curiosity, all evident from a young age, where he would insist that one day, he would travel the world.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Despite those plans, however, for the great bulk of his young life, Damis never set foot outside of Oba's capital. He lived inside of a bejeweled box, pampered, tutored, and exposed all but exclusively to the life of nobility with only bare glimpses of a world beyond it. This fostered a necessarily narrow worldview where, in spite of natural buried tendencies for empathy, he had no exposure by which to understand struggles other than those limited few that he had experienced or witnessed within his metaphorical 'ivory tower'. Inside of that small, limited world, Damissan was accustomed to perfection, cleanliness, and trained to have everything in order. He excelled at that. He maintains a want for that sense of orderliness, even after leaving the places that better facilitate it, and - when his boundaries begin to be stretched - he learns to satisfy his needs for order in smaller ways: precise bathing rituals, exact locations for things within his travelling sacks, carefully made bedding wherever it is he lays for the night, and so on.

Due to his limited background, Damissan initially finds it highly difficult - or near impossible - to relate with persons from a more diverse selection. As he travels, however, grows, and experiences and sees more first hand, many of his more naive presumptions will be chipped away at and mature. He embarks on his journey with the thought that he has experienced great suffering and can, with his newfound knowledge, 'save' all the lessor, ignorant peoples of the world. The world teaches him that he has much to learn and may not ever know the meaning of true suffering - and that that is something he should be thankful for.

Biography/Background: Damissan was raised wealthy, born in the southern end of Oba's capital city of Sulburi with everything he could possibly want for, and then was given more as he grew. With the wealth and nobility came expectations that, at first, it seemed he would meet with ease. He was intelligent, a quick study, and as quick on his feet with a blade as he was with his mind, making it seem almost effortless to please both his family and the tutors he worked under. As he grew from childhood into his early teens, he made friends, excelled, and felt that he had the world under his feet. This attitude, however, eventually crippled him.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Always wanting of a challenge, the ease with which most things came to Damis inevitably went to his head, and his taste for recklessness and adventure lead him to stray down paths, in his middle and later teen years, which would shape him forever. Unimpressed with the lack of challenges in the high life and restless, Damis slipped into the darker corners of noble life sometime around his fifteenth or sixteenth year, toying progressively more with not only alcoholic intoxicants, but designer narcotics, and the beds of a great many people. After skirting briefly along the edges of that life once or twice, he tipped quickly, toppling off the edge until it became him, overwhelming him, and swallowing up everything else. His parents, not wanting to embarrass themselves or their family, continued to provide for it enough to cover the damages and keep his head above water so that he could still continue to put on a gauze of noble pride and stability. Damis' loose tongue, however, and forthrightness in general, left a bad taste in the mouth of several of the wrong people.

Damiss does not, to this day, know precisely what or who was involved and how he wound up, dizzy and feeling half-dead with no memory, in the streets of Orrod sometime shortly after his nineteenth name day. He knows only that, by the time he made contact with his family and received transport home again, he had been missing for a span of several days, and somewhere in the in between - caught between the lingering effects of drugs, nausea, and light-headedness - he felt something. A great, upsurging need for change. Something had spared his life in those hours - days - lost to nothing but the whims of fate, and on his return, he wanted to pin down that 'something.' He vowed to himself, at that point, to extract himself from the path he had fallen down, committed to a change and determined to devote himself again to study. Despite his resolutions, he relapsed on several occasions, but never with quite so disastrous results, and over the course of several months, his family noticed the peculiar shift in his attitudes.

He ceased attending parties. Ceased participation, almost entirely, in anything public, walled himself off in his room, or libraries, or local churches for hours or days upon end, ensconced in books and uncharacteristically silent. He tried, for the better part of a year, to find his meaning in the gods and goddesses preached to his people, the cornerstones of their accepted faith, but even in this pantheon of deities, Damissan felt that something fell short. He searched to other faiths, researched minor religions, and even looked into the Amazonian, tribal faith of the alien Alkidikes. But nothing satisfied him.

Eventually, much to his parents' dismay, he came to his conclusion: there was only one god. This deity, above and beyond the rest - if the others even existed at all - was the Almighty that had spared him. He was in everything, knew everything, saw all, controlled all, and could save all, if He so chose. The more Damissan searched, the more he convinced himself of this single, pivotal idea, a pinpoint energy that manipulated and shaped the fate of all things. One that had chosen to spare him and, at his weakest point, given him a glimpse into something beyond his own mortal follies. Further to his parents' frustration - and embarrassment - Damis concluded soon after that it was his duty, as one saved from himself, to spread the concept of this Almighty to others: to the plebeian populous of Oba and beyond to all the earthling lands, and even - if they would listen - to the Alikidike warriors.

He quickly became something of a laughing stock, among those more inclined to be amused, and a target, among those more defensive of their faith. Damissan, however, ignored all naysayers. He shaved his hair, shed his family name - in concept, if not practice - and vowed himself to celibacy and to take the life of a missionary, dedicated entirely to his newfound faith.

Praying to their own gods that their son would eventually return to his senses, his family funds his travels, including clothes, food, and lodgings along the way, and pays for guards to see to it that, in all his lunacy, the chances are hopefully more against than for him being stabbed in the night for what he says.

Quest

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:33 pm

"You may have heard of me."
| History and Early Life |

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:34 pm

"Our connections shape us."
| Family and Relationships |

FAMILY

| Parents |

Bahati - mother - Oban Noble

Ra'amand - father - Oban Noble

NON-FAMILY
NPC | ◆ Player Character

Hates | Dislikes | Indifferent Towards | Acquainted | Likes | Loves | Mated To

| Oban |

Xilarn || Xilarn is trustworthy, loyal, honorable, and good at what he does - a practiced spearman, and an experienced traveler. My parents hired him to be my bodyguard for the duration of my journey - which I still believe they severely underestimated, but nevertheless - he has been a priceless aid through the course of my travels thus far and I have no doubt at this point that I owe him my life, likely several times over. From what little I've managed to glean from him (he seems to have an aversion to revealing much of anything about his personal life), he is near but not quite twice my age, has a son, prefers men, and is unmarried. He is also, apparently, attracted to me. Things would be simpler, I think, if he didn't insist on vacillating between treating me like a child and inviting me to want more from him.

Xilarn and I became lovers in Yera, Tale. I am not certain when after that I realized I loved him, but by the time I did it was hardly a surprise. Still, I kept it to myself for, I think, a fair amount of time after for the sake of his temperament - and perhaps my own nerves. After making it through his home, however, meeting his son, and traveling on up through Sauti's crags and towards Zena's capitol, I couldn't avoid discussing the developments in our circumstances further, at least in so much as my feelings for him were concerned. To my great relief, his are convincingly mutual as I might have hoped, but Zidel is still in front of us. I cannot recall ever being happier, but still I wonder where exactly our paths will take us in the days to come. Even if it is within my capacity, I cannot avoid my parents forever. I like to imagine that by the time I return, they will be pleased enough to know of my well being and happiness that they will not trifle far beyond that - but however unrealistic, it is a concern for another day. In the time between, I have the space between Zidel, Matori, and home to convince this man to marry me.

Ziari || Xilarn's cousin, Ziari, is a beautiful young woman who I had the fortune of meeting her on our way into Neued. She seemed friendly and pleasant to be around, certainly more open about things than her cousin.

Shalvesta || I met Shalvesta in the streets of Sulburi early on in my attempts to spread my faith. After unwittingly riling several drunkards and nearly getting myself knifed, she stepped in and provided a hand in sending them on her way. Though she was rough around the edges, she seemed more willing to talk after tensions died down and was one of the first persons to actually listen to what I had to say without immediately dismissing it.

Shesha || I met Shesha in the last social event that I attended in Sulburi before beginning my travels. He was a pretty thing, very ornamented and poised and clearly familiar with and comfortable in the atmosphere of noble lifestyles, though I suspect he came from somewhere lower than he is now. Regardless, he was exactly the type of man I would have been eager to take to bed with me at the end of the night in days past. Leaving that night without pursuing him felt like one of many beginnings to the new path I have set for myself.

| Matorian |

Abie || A fish boy Damissan met at market.

| Shifter |

Dris'rynne || A shifter woman and bandit leader Damis came to know briefly just before leaving Oba's borders.

| Alkidike |

Yitzah || A strange alkidike woman who was very out of place in an Oban market.

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:35 pm

"There is no path too far astray to find one's way back."
| Comprehensive Roleplay Log |

Solo | PRP | ORP | World Event | »→ Hunt | Battle

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:37 pm

"Mouths lie. Blades do not."
| Hunts and Battles |

»→ Hunt | Battle

User Image  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:46 pm

"My God guides my footsteps."
| Growth and Progression Reqs |

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prentice »»» Stage Two ::
        - 1 Set-up Journal [ ]
        - 1 Month's Time [ ]
        - 3 Journal Entries (one of which must show class affinity)

- 3 RPs
            -
            -
            -

- 1 Completed Class Quest [ ]

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:47 pm

"Who are we to determine the will of the Almighty?"
| Plots and Plot Thread Navigation |

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:48 pm

"You'd be hard pressed to find a better model."
| Art of Damissan |

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:48 pm
User Image

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Miss Chief aka Uke