☾ Isolder Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Lines by kaname423, Color by Phieth)

|| Stat Page ||
Updated: Jan/18/18
Experience || 156

Inventory

Weapons
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Simple Gauntlets || Keen Gauntlets

Items
None

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:26 pm
Stage 3 - 4
3 Ninaeleth Primary Adoption Solo
5 Father Daughter Time
3 Ristadis Primary Adoption Solo

Iroia Vs Isolder Winner Iroia

16/50 rp gp
2/10 exp gp

1 Class Quest

2 Months Time sept 9  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:28 pm
Isolder

Male Shifter pureblood

Appearance || [Medium length hair the front being longer then the back, the bangs split around his face and the tips point toward his chin, Forehead stones: circular pattern tilted on the center axis a little to the right. (north east), ear cuff accessory like his brothers one sat blue and one dark blue feather, well muscled as he will be berserker type when he grows. Dark blue belt sash, dark blue and sat blue arm wraps that climb pas his elbows, stomach wrapped in the same fabric as the arm wraps, feet as well, no shirt, a blue headband sash that goes under his bangs and appears on the rest of his head, two long fabric tails dangling from the knot at the back of his head, crystals must be visible so the part of the band that spans his forhead can be narrow. Wide leather upper arm bands, Blue shorts with ragged bottom edge instead of pants.

Personality ||
Loud – Isolder is only quiet when he absolutely has to be, he laughs loud, talks loud, sings loud.. and off-key, he is a boisterous perky force unto himself. Everyone knows when he is around and in a fight one can always find him shouting at his opponents, if he is quiet he is probably wounded. When told to be quiet he sneers and brushes it off continuing on, maybe it will lead to a scuffle which will also be loud.
Brash – Why overthink something when you can attack it with fist flailing abandon, if your reasonably sure quiet isn’t needed why use it? Why not just jump in and pit your strength against theirs? That is the real test after all. There are times for...tact, (what a dirty word), but that is reserved for friends and family everyone else can talk to the fist. Isolder is very much a jump first think later. Especially if it is not a very serious matter, even then he has a really hard time holding himself back. Waiting serves nothing, nd it has not served him in the past. At times he seems rude and blunt although he has a soft heart...buried in there somewhere under all the hotheadedness. Fights are the best form of fun thus he instigates them when he can. He hopes his opponents are on his level to give him a good challenge since his own brothers are built more slightly then he himself.
Helpful – He greatly enjoys being helpful to those he loves in any way he can and even to strangers if he feels like it. Carrying, lifting, sitting on, giving advice, anything he can do that furthers someone else brings him great joy especially if it’s a brother thing. He is more likely to aid the elderly or healers, than others, warriors are more often subject to play fight behaviour, this gets Isolder into a lot of trouble if he ticks off the wrong person with his games. He adores helping weaker siblings get back at the older ones. Strength came quite naturally to him and he wields it to great effect in such plots. He adores it even more if all of them unite against him in play, makes things interesting and unity among family is a good thing.
Stubborn – Once he had made a decision he can be quite hard to move, but he enjoys when people try perhaps too much. It’s no fun if you just give in after all. If he is bored he may take an opposing role just for fun and switch later. If it is a serious family matter he can dig his heels in rather far in support of the position he feels is right. He is not a often a negotiator and prefers to be on one side or the other. He can be very opinionated at times.
Joyful- He seems to be in a good mood at least 80% of the time, despite his scarred past, he puts this down to only thinking too hard about the negatives for approximately 20% of the time. The issues of the day need to be addressed but not overdone, life is too short to sulk too much.
Family Oriented/Easily Piqued – Say whatever you want about him but do not say a word against his brothers, he will defend them to the last and sit on you for a week to get his point across. They are at the heart of his being family. Family was much more important then your petty concerns. One of the few things that can make him truly enraged is a familial slight aimed at his siblings or his deceased mother. At other times he pretends to get mad so he can partake in a good fight over ridiculous things. Then too those people who are unrelated fall under this same loyal protection when he knows them well enough to consider them part of his family.

History || Isolder had been present for the passing of both of his parents, while he mourned his wonderful mother, the passing of his father brought sadness only because they had lost both parents, while the older boys could recalled the somewhat awful nature of their father Issaly never would, and he hadn’t felt the glowing love of their mother, memories of which Isolder would always cherish. To Issaly there would be a gaping hole where two loving parents should have been and there was nothing Isolder could do to fix that. His mother had died giving birth to Issaly and his father had died in the battle that had scattered the family to the four winds. Issaly would have to settle for a pile of brothers and Isolder would do everything he could to ensure that his two younger brothers had what they needed. Isaris was older, better able to understand at least but they should know that they could always come to him, that is what family was for and that went for any of his brothers. He could not love them more if he tried.
Now that the attack that had killed his father had split the family Isolder went a little mad trying to find his siblings, especially the younger ones, but they seemed to melt before him like mist and the leads he followed never reached them. He had been combing through Jauhar for what seems like forever, bereft of love, companionship and comfort, the deficit of which ruined his normally perky attitude. Where are they? Lost, alone, cold, hungry...worse? He shudders at the thought. He hopes with everything he has that they are somewhere out there waiting under the same moon, may her light preserve them until he can reach their sides to protect them, and so feel whole once more. It wasn’t that he had to be around them all the time but he had no idea if they were safe or not. Best case would be that another brother or brothers had found the young ones where he hadn’t. He kept up his strength because he had to to keep going not because he had any appetite left. He must push himself to find them. They had to be in Jauhar somewhere, but why hadn’t he found them yet? He listened to news with baited breath and only relaxed after he was sure that any problems did not concern his family. Of course there was no good news about them either which was less then heartening. He would find them, they would be okay. He knew it deep in his bones, until such a time as they were all together again he had little time for anything else.
His uncle had helped to develop his protective instincts and Isolder wished that he was around to help guide him on his journey, he had always looked up to the man, cherished his comfort and advice. At times he wished that his uncle had been his father instead, he seemed to be more responsible and definitely more loving and in turn Isolder loved him like a father. Still without his father, he would not have all of his brothers, at least he hadn’t born the brunt of his father’s displeasure and neither had his younger brothers, which was all to the good. He remembered holding Issaly for the first time, tiny squalling and precious, thinking that nothing should ever harm him. Was that what it felt like to be a father? Or simply an older brother with a healthy protective instinct...would he ever find that out for himself? it had been so long, how big was Issaly now? Would he take after their uncle like Isolder had? Ugh, he had to stop thinking about it and just search but he couldn’t help speculating. He missed taking care of Issaly and Isaris’s companionship, Icanthis, Illian and the firm guidance of Istanell. Five brothers, and now he was alone.

Connection || [Isaris and Issaly, older brother to them both.]

Opinion || Isolder loves his brothers dearly and has a strong drive to protect and comfort them if he can, he wants to find them desperately and always has them at the back of his mind from the battle that separated their family, they had no parents now so it fell to the older brothers to take over that role something Isolder does with relish. He wants to be a part of their lives as someone to protect his family as a whole and to be there for when they need to talk or joke or tussle. He sees Isaris as a little older a little better able to take care of himself but still somewhat fragile as he is younger, Issaly falls under his protective instincts.

Memory || Their mother was starting to show the baby that had been growing for what seemed like forever. Another sibling soon to join the family, perhaps this time it would be a little sister. The thought made Isolder chuckle, no matter which it was it would be a beloved cherished sibling, showered with love, but a sister would be nice. The brothers were lounging outside their home when a rustling in the bushes caught their attention. “What is that now? Do you suppose father is back?” Isolder asked. The boys held their breath until a large radaku popped out of the bush. “Ahh its the Male radaku, not dad.” Collective breaths were released as the troop relaxed.
“What does he have?”
“I think he caught a bird.” Isolder walked over to look and the radaku unexpectedly placed the catch at his feet nudging it closer then showing his teeth in what Isolder could only assume was meant to be a smile. “Um thank you.” He patted the large head, the beast was still intimidating even after their two families had made friends with each other. He picked the dead bird up by a foot and it hung there in all lack of glory limp and lifeless. “Well no wonder he caught it look at the feathers on it, all the colors of the rainbow. This poor thing couldn’t hide even if it wanted to.” He offered it to the oldest brother first, and each brother chose feathers from it, the feathers would represent the bond they had with the radaku family and by wearing them it would make them feel more united. Isolder waiting anxiously until it was his turn, alas his older brothers hadn’t chosen his two blue feathers, thank Sherin. Delighted he chose those two for himself and offered the bird to Isaris next. Isaris chose his feathers and Isolder took it upon himself to pluck the rest of the bird. “So our new member can choose his or her own.” He confided in his younger brother, “Perhaps there will be even more of us in the future, I think it would be neat to have a little sister.” he smiled at Isaris. They were the youngest, Isolder as the fourth son closest to his age. Isolder thought that Isaris was too serious looking by far, he ruffled his brother’s hair trying to poke some fun. It worked and setting their feathers aside the pair wrestled happily while an older brother clicking his tongue at this foolishness grabbed what was left of their avian gift and dressed it for roasting. Isolder hadn’t paid attention to which brother it was being preoccupied on getting a good tooth hold on the ankle presented so conveniently in front of his face. After their tussle was concluded, he had let Isaris win, at least that was what he told himself, his brother was more wiry than expected, Isolder went to wash up, upon returning he checked on their mother who smiled at him when he offered her some of the feathers and told her where they had come from.
“Rather a sweet gesture from such a fangy beast don’t you think?” She asked as she chose a feather, placing it in her hair.
“Yes I rather think so, food is their currency much like it is for young men,” he grinned, it had certainly been his currency for a while.
“Isolder...would you like to feel your little brother or sister kick? I think the wrestling outside has excited him.” She gestured to her stomach and Isolder knelt beside her where she sat on her hammock. Gently he reached out a hand and was immediately greeted with a blow from inside. “Strong little thing!” He exclaimed half laughing.
“Yes and you were too, I don’t think I slept at all when you got going.”
“Sorry ma.” He said. It was so weird to feel a baby kick, he had a hard time wrapping his head around it.
“Well you haven’t stopped but it does not keep me up now, thank Sherin.” She giggled and Isolder loved the sound, he had gotten her laugh and his father’s build, the best of both in his opinion.
“Isolder, your strength allows you to help others who can’t help themselves..and I know you will protect your brothers with everything you have and I am grateful for that.” She placed her hand over his on her belly. His mother had been a clever woman and he wondered if she had already been a little sick, a little weaker then, but she hadn’t showed it to him until the last few days before Isaris’s birth.
He had gone back out to the yard and made his ear cuff, he was a little late the others had been made already and the bird was crackling merrily over the fire. He had chatted and relaxed with Isaris and Isolder felt the gravity yet again of being an older brother. Isolder felt very proud when he and Isaris had put their ear cuffs in for the first time. The radaku came back over and put his head on Isaris’s lap. “He likes you,” Isolder chuckled and patted the radaku. “Thank you for the gift, my friend we wear them proudly.” He whispered to his brother, make sure you save a little meat for him in thanks, he was the hunter after all and a fine gift such as this,” he gestured at the ear cuff, “Should be rewarded.” Isolder gave the radaku a part of his share when no one was looking. Feeling at once sneaky but right, in harmony with his decision.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:37 pm
Rp Log
Two Worlds
'Lo There

Little Brother  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:38 pm
Battle Log  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:50 pm
Relationships

Open for all kinds of plots but romance

Family:

Mother: Etheria
Father: Issao

Older Brothers
Istanell
Illian
Icanthis

Younger Brothers
Isaris
Issaly

Former Romantic Interest
Ming'we  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:22 pm
Familiars

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:23 pm
photos

Official Prentice Art = Jay

Tedaji concept = Kana and Satin Doilee  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:38 pm
Prentice Solo 001

Isolder sat beneath a tree sipping some drink that was sweet and tangy, he had bought it at the market but had not heard the name of it before, it was deliscious and he had every intention of buying it again when next he felt parched. His shoulders heaved with a loud heartfelt sigh, things couldn’t get better than this. He had found Isaris and Ming basically in the same day, thus it was time to celebrate. He grinned up at the sky and toasted it. Serin must truly have been watching him today and guiding his path finally. She had probably given up on him finding his own way and had seemed to nudge events so that his story progressed a little faster. And so he prayed to her in thanks for all that she had given him, drink set aside and forehead to the ground. A call came from not far away, it was accompanied by a loud irate hissing noise accompanied by a chorus of grunts and swear words. Isolder picked his head up, what was going on over there anyway? He peeked through the bushes to see a shifter poking a weird looking creature through the bars, Isolder thought that perhaps it was one of the Oban or Matorian creatures because he had never seen one before, “You there, what is that?”
“This? This ‘ere is a Zanteer and a right grouchy one too.” The bloke said spitting at the ground. The Zanteer sneered at the man and Isolder couldn’t blame him for being grumpy seeing as the man had been antagonizing it not long ago. “I’m bringing him to market to sell.”
“Ah,” Isolder said, Well he had wanted a familiar hadn’t he, well this would be the time. “How much for him?”
“Eh, fifteencoin, I got better stuff to sell that don’t complain so much. Isolder had done some work in the time since he had been sick and had about twice that in his pocket. It was still a hefty sum, “Surely if you want to just get rid of him you could bring it down to ten.”
The man looked at the Zanteer which hissed at him menacingly. “Eh, best to be free of his dubious company as soon as possible I agree. I’ll take the tencoin as you say.” Isolder dug the coins out, feeling the beady eyes on him. He handed the coins over and opened the door of the cage,
“ye won’t want to do that!” The man said but the Zanteer calmly limped out, having no beef with Isolder himself.
“Well now he be behaving fine for you mayhap I should take the extra fivecoin after all.”
Isolder saw the wounds on the beast and turned to the other shifter pretending to reach for his pouch. Instead he brought his fist up and slammed it in the other man’s face.
“You had no cause to injure a healthy animal like that, thats a fresh wound, no wonder he doesn’t like you, scum.” The shifter fell knocked out cold and Isolder tugged gently on the lead he held. “Come along, leave him to his headache when he wakes up laddie. He made the grave mistake of thinking I am unarmed, little does he know I want to be a berserker, the only weapons I need are my feet, my hands and my head.” Isolder wasted no time in bringing his new pet to safety.
He knelt beside the creature who hadn’t even bared a tooth at him yet, evidently it was just the one man he had hated. Isolder should have taken his coin back and just stolen the beast would have served that mean brute right, he thought as he dabbed at the wound with a little bit of damp cloth to clean it up some to the whining of the Zanteer. “It’s alright, I’ll take good care of you now, I expect you’ll need a name aye?” He asked and pondered for a while.
“How does Kalith sound? You look like a Kalith.” He stroked the fur on the forehead, marvelling at how soft this furry thing was. The fur was so thick it took effort for him to run his fingers through it, Kalith butted his hand with his head. “Quite amicable arn’t you, even injured. I am sorry for that, not all shifters are so evil, some people shouldn’t be allowed to be around familiars, no matter how they make their living, you probably didn’t do anything to that mean old man and he was content to torture your poor self while you couldn’t even defend yourself. You shouldn’t have let them get you in that cage, your pretty big,” Isolder ran a hand over a well muscled shoulder, “And strong for all that. You have to learn how to defend yourself, bite if you have too. Even I would bite if I couldn’t get my fists up.”
He combed carefully through the thick fur with a comb, looking for ticks or other bugs as well as other wounds, it took him a long time but it was also a good bonding experience for them. He had no idea why the zanteer wasn’t more hostile, he would have been if someone had treated him like that but here they were in companionable quiet while Isolder brushed and Kalith basked in the gentle attention. “I am what I am so I can protect myself and the ones I love, this way I don’t need to depend on a weapon to save me, what happens if you loose it? Then you have no weapon and no hand on hand combat skills and your practically helpless, I prefer to be prepared no matter what. Just wait until I get my gauntlets, it will be glorious. There, all done, I expect we will have to go find you some food, do you eat fish? I think so, you smell faintly like fish.”
Isolder led the creature over to his favorite stream and watched the Zanteer play in the water happily until he was quite drenched. The soggy being instead of looking overly bedraggled like a radaku would seemed to get smoother instead. It must be a very special coat of fur, and to watch him fish was astonishing, “Definitely a creature of Matori, who knows? Maybe one day we will go to Matori and see your species in the wild. Wouldn’t that be wonderful?” He smiled as the green fured one came up with a fish wiggling in his mouth. “Well I hope the gang likes you, I sure do. Will make fishing easier that’s for sure.”
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:15 pm
Isolder snugged down into his ragged blankets, curled up against the solid, warm form of Kalith who obligingly wrapped his tail around them both, he sighed in contentment, now even when he was alone he wouldn’t be. He had greatly missed the touch of his brothers at night and the Zanteer made a good substitute...now the only thing to be seen was whether or not his new friend snored. Oh well there was no help for it if he did, Isolder was positive he would get used to it, he had been alone for too long that was all, but everything was coming together. His eyes slowly drifted shut to the sound of the night time chorus of the Jauharan jungle.
A bloodcurdling scream woke them up in the middle of the night and Isolder and Kalith flailed, trying to get their feet in the confusing mess, it was almost imposible to see in this part of the jungle he would have to find a more well lit place, it could be a radaku attack or a menzuri, he shuddered. He could leap to the trees but that would leave the matorian familiar on the ground, unarmed and in a disturbingly strange place. Isolder wouldn’t leave him, they would just have to fight this one out. “Where did it come from?” He asked the air. Another scream came from the northwest. “Well at least they are still alive.” He began to run, leaping logs and narrowly missing the broad, unforgiving trunks of trees. Adrenaline pumped harshly through his veins and fear caused an uncomfortable knot to form in his heaving chest. A smarter shifter would be running the other way, but that was the cowards way out, that and most predators enjoyed it immensely when their prey ran. He hated that hunted feeling, what had possessed them to sleep where they had on the ground in a small meadow by the village. He should have gotten a room or something, then they would have been snug, if cramped in a bed still, instead of looking for a screaming person in a spooky, dark, and dangerous forest. His only comfort was his brand new familiar bounding along behind him in the odd hop run that was a signature of the species.
“Hello? Hello? What is it? Whats out there?”
“A beast! It scratched me, I think its still around.”
Serin help him it was a little girl. He had to do something, no one should have to be out here alone, most especially not a child. His chest compressed so far he felt like he lost all of his breath. He came to the edge of the clearing, now he heard a growl that was not Kalith, it was close but he had to take this chance or risk loosing the girl to the jungle. He ignored his sensibilities and ran straight for the little one huddled against a tree, clutching her arm. Something had indeed attacked her. He scooped her up and kept running, Kalith hopping beside him. Where to go? Back to the village, he took a hard turn and prayed that he was not running into the maw of the attacker to a fate in the dark that would not be his ideal way of leaving this place. The youngling was clamped around him despite her arm, clinging to unlikely salvation. He raced into town and into the first door that he found open the faces of the family living there curious about the noise, the father had a hammer at the ready but Isolder barreled over them all, Kalith right on top of him and the little girl holding on grimly. Eventually the tangle at the door was solved and Isolder stood panting and wild eyed, girl still glued fast to his body. Kalith circled them restlessly and the family stood there dumbstruck. “Close the door, there’s something out there.”
The father walked back and closed the door. “What was it?”
“Couldn’t tell for sure, sounded like a radaku though, but everything sounds like one in the dark, although I don’t know much else out there that will attack people at night and it can growl.”
The girl wimpered and clutched him tighter, now he couldn’t breathe because of the little girl. “Um, we are safe now, you can let go.” She shook her head and buried it in his chest. “Ahem.” He carefully pried first one arm and then another off of him, she released her legs on her own. Ah Air! He gasped, but bent to look at her arm. “Yup, definitely radaku. Did he get you anywhere else?” Isolder asked. The beast was probably hunting but had been startled by the sheer volume that the tiny shifter lungs could produce in a moment of pure, undiluted terror. It could have just as easily come after him, but he supposed Kalith smelled weird, in that he had probably been pretty lucky. “What were you doing out there? Where is your family?”
She ducked her head. “I was going to the bathroom, they were all asleep.”
“You should have woke one up to come with you.”
“I know, I just thought I could go on my own, be adventurous and bold.”
“She lives a block over from here, I know her family.” The father of the family told him, while the mother handed out tea. She held onto Isolder’s because he had started to shake like a leaf with the after affects of the horrible scare, not unlike the rescuee. She held the cups for both of them, Isolder tasted the soothing herbs and relaxed a fraction with the familiarity.
“Sit,” she commanded, their two children looked about as wild eyed as Isolder felt.
“Nope, I’m never going outside again, never.” One girl said.
“Me either.” Said what must be her sister, they looked alike.
“I want Mommy,” the little girl had finished her tea and started to cry.
Isolder didn’t particularly want to go outside either, at another time, in daylight this would not be so bad, but he hated the dark when he knew there was something out there, he had spent many nights outside in trees, praying he wouldn’t roll off onto the ground and be eaten. It was in his nightmares, thankfully he hadn’t been eaten yet.
“I’ll go with you.” The father said, eyeing the three questers dubiously and hefting his hammer, judging them incapable of defending themselves against whatever monster lurked in the darkness outside. This was why most shifters slept in hammocks, but Isolder had never been more grateful for a house. He nodded silently his usual confidence gone.
The girl clung to him, presumably because clinging to him had worked so well before, but she did walk herself this time. He wondered if he would ever get feeling back in that hand or if the circulation would be permanently gone. They walked down the street warily, nervous but determined. Their impromptu guard got them to the proper house and upon waking the family was very grateful that they had saved their daughter. The bleeding on her arm had stopped and she flung herself into her mother and fathers arms and promptly melted into a fit of hysterical tears, Isolder didn’t blame her one little bit. If his mother was still around he would have done that exact same thing. Night time attacks were nothing to simply shake off, injury and worse could occur and he didn’t want to go out any more then the little girl did.
When the other man left Isolder and his charge thanked him, he waved it off and strode out to his own home.
“Your welcome to stay here the night,” the girls father told him, “Its the least we can do , your er..odd pet is welcome as well. We are most grateful that you saved our daughter.”
“Well, I respect a set of lungs like she has, they told me right where to find her.”
The father’s eyes crinkled when he smiled, “She gets that from her mother.”
Isolder laughed so hard he thought he would break something important and internal.
“Not that funny,” the shifter’s wife said, but she chuckled a little too and ruffled Isolder’s hair. He melted gratefully onto the floor an was soon joined by Kalith.
“There is a bed you know. My husband can sleep with you, I’ll sleep with my daughter.”
“No, this is good, I’m just grateful that there are walls here.” He smiled weakly and leaned his head back on Kalith. The Zanteer placed a paw on him possessively and licked his face.
Isolder was too happy at the moment even to say “Yuck.” He was safe so was everyone else and that was what mattered. He fell asleep just as the mother was going to offer food or drink. It had been a long day before, and an even rougher night.
When he woke his butt was numb from sleeping half propped up, and his large green pillow had moved away. He groaned, denying this absence of comfort and got a lick on the face for his troubles. “Ugh.” He said.
The others chuckled. “Good morning sleepy head, my you looked uncomfortable.”
“It was alright.” He lied, it had been worth all the tingling of reoxygenated butt to have a guaranteed safe place to spend the night. “I don’t think I would have slept outside at all, so thank you.”
“Anytime,” the woman smiled. “Up for breakfast?”
“You bet,” he smiled and creaked his way onto his feet. Kalith butted him affectionately and Isolder scratched his cheeks to get at the itchy parts. “I’m glad you were with me my friend. It would have been a whole lot scarier without you by my side.
“What does he eat?” The father asked.
“Fish, mostly but meat too.”
“Ah, well he can join us, I have some extra meat we can cook up.”
“Thank you your kindness is most appreciated.”
“Not at all you saved our daughter at great risk to yourself.”
“Truth be told I was plumb terrified,” he blushed purple.
“We expect so,” the father chuckled, “But you got her out and safe.”
“Yes,” He sat down to breakfast thinking that nothing had ever tasted so good. At least he had been able to help, if he had been any further away from where she was, who knew what would have happened. He stifled a shudder and found Kalith’s fur beside him. It was a hearty breakfast, the family celebrating their daughters safe return with a plethora of food. At the end Isolder wasn’t sure he would be able to roll himself outside. He just wanted to find a quiet spot in the sunshine to sleep some more for a while. The dreams that night had not been pleasant, still quite full of fear from his ordeal.
He said his goodbyes and tottered outside, feeling like he should be dragging his overladen stomach behind him. There were perks to being near civilization, lots of good food not the least of them. He trailed off to a large meadow with a few people having a picnic at the other end. He collapsed into a heap and curled up for a well deserved nap in full sun, with his faithful Zanteer standing guard. He was not nearly as worried in the light of day. The dread of the unknown being greatly diminished with the return of color vision. He fell asleep to the sound of birds and of Kalith busily grooming the debris out of his thick coat.

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:12 pm
Isolder stood outside the large orphanage in Matori. He figured he would have some explaining to do before he even got to meet any of the children but he felt ready for it. Nervous as he was sure all prospective parents were at the beginning weather it was natural birth, an alkidike blooming or adoption as he wanted to do. He had tried to find his soul mate out there to no avail. He was now at a point in his life where he really thought he would have started a family by now. It was something he had always wanted but it had not happened so far, not with Mingwe his former girlfriend and he had not enticed that shifter well enough to stay beyond that one night where they had both needed comfort.

He knew it wasn't him really, he just hadn't found the right one and if he found the right one after well, then they would have to accept his child as his. He would not carry on biologically, once he took this step this child would be his child in every way but blood. He made that promise to himself and to the child he had not met yet.

Steeling himself he walked up to the sanctuary door and knocked. An older female waterling answered. She looked somewhat surprised to see the shifter there. "Can I help you?" She asked curiously peering at him, scanning him up and down.

He shifted his feet a little, "Well Ma'am I'm here to potentially adopt a child." He said gently. He knew he didn't look like the most reputable of folks but this was a step he would have to go through to get the family he desired. Adoption wasn't the most easy way maybe but he felt it was the right way for him now.

"Yes? Well come in then I'll get some tea started and we can discuss the process and the requirements." She beckoned him into the house, it was quiet as all of the children were apparently outside which was good because if they were around he might get distracted from the important work that was about to happen.

He settled into the proferred chair and relaxed somewhat, this woman had a really calm demeanor that seemed to suck the anxiety out of him. She smiled sweetly and gave him the promised tea.

"My name is Mindara, and yours?"

"Isolder Ma'am." He replied respectfully.

"So what makes you want to adopt from here? We don't usually get many shifters wanting our children. They usually adopt from Jauhar."

"Well I recently moved here and have decided to stay for the forseeable future I don't care so much about race and I admire the great resiliancy of the water people what they have gone through is different but similar to the inequivilencies of the shifter people and the alkidike of Jauhar. I love the land they love and as I am here I feel I should adopt from here."

He paused thinking, "I'm also adopting because of my Mother, she went through incredible pain to keep her sons healthy and happy, and I want to have a daughter to honor her and her legacy. I have been unlucky it seems in love and I feel it is time to start building my family and I would like to do that through adoption. The Matori people are a proud free and beautiful race and I would like to do whatever I can to ensure that the child that I may have doesn't forget their heritage and learns from Matorians as well as I, so while they are young I would raise them here until at least prentice age."

The woman paused and tilted her head. "Well you seem to be here for the right reasons, you don't seem obsessive or predatory and you have met the requirement already of ensuring that the Matorian child know their people and their home province. I just have a few more question for you."

"Where do you live, what do you do and how will you provide for the child?"

"I live in a sturdy Matorian home with plenty of room for two or even four. It has a stable water supply access to many natural resources and is in a very safe part of town. I work usually on commission but I know a few prentices that can help look after them when they are older and I must work. I have built up a large nest egg so that I can be there where I need to be in the early years. They will be my child after all and my Mother showed me that care, love attention and a nutritional diet as well as emotional support bring together a well balanced living environment for a child to grow."

The Matori woman nodded and took down notes. "It is good that you have saved up enough that you will not have to leave for long as well as arranged for trustworthy baby sitters as well. Hmm, can you tell me a little of your own personality so that we can match you with a few children?"

"Hmm well, I have a pretty joyful, easy going nature, I don't yell I usually remain calm, even though I am a hand fighter by trade, it was born more of a love to wrestle than a craving for real violence, I prefer to be gentle and smile and laugh and enjoy life. I adhere to balanced rules, there are of course consequences for actions but the reasons for them are explained well so that the mistakes can be learned from. I enjoy travel as well travel and family time."

"Very good, well you seem a fine candidate for one of our children, I'll keep your application and discuss it with our other directors and we will choose some children for you to meet at a later date."

Isolder nodded and rose to shake her hand before taking his leave to go home, prepare a large meal and pray to Serin that this went through.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:51 pm
Today was the day! He had been invited by courier to return to the Matori orphanage to visit some of the children in the hopes that one of them would get along with him. He was almost vibrating he was so excited as he nearly sprinted back along the path to the orphanage and his future.

When he arrived he caught his breath but was still full of energy, now was not the time to be hyper. He could go in full of energy they would sense it. He took a few deep breaths and refocused before knocking. He was lead to an outdoor area with two boys who looked like twins and two girls; one was playing with dolls and the other looked like she was collecting shells. He was told that these four were the most likely to get a long with him as a perspective parent.

He walked in and watched their reactions. The boys looked at each other and started whispering and giggling. They looked to be a very closely bonded pair, the little girl put down a doll and walked closer to him pausing about 7 feet away for a good look at his newness. The girl collecting shells seemed to look up with some hope then looked back down at her collection.

Isolder breathed, this was all so sudden and exciting. He didn't want to separate the brothers from each other, and he could only handle one youngling at this time, besides he had wanted a daughter to honor his mother and his sister whom he had never gotten to meet.

"Hello there," he said to the girl who had wandered near to him. "What is your name?" He knelt so he was down on her level. She was so very small.

"Hithaerwen, and you? Are you here to adopt one of us?" She asked.

"Yes, my name is Isolder. I like to travel and play and sing, though not well. What do you like to do?"

"Well I like my dolls and walking on the beach and watching the water and helping to cook." She made a bit of a face.

"Whats wrong little one?"

"Well, I wish that we could all be adopted."

"I'm so sorry, I only have room for one, I don't think I could handle four, not right now."

"Well, make sure you talk to the others here, Ildris and Alondis are the boys, Ninaeleth is over there with the shells."

"Thank you Hithaerwen." He moved onto the other little girl, simply kneeling beside her and helping to gather shells, "Here this one is a bright purple."
She smiled sweetly at him and took the shell.

"Thank you." She said. She had a very melodic voice when she did speak. What had these children gone through he wondered. Ninaeleth and Hithaerwen with their respective quietness and utter sense of fairness. It hurt him to think of them alone here, of course they had other kids but no parents of their own. He knew what it was like to loose both parents.

"Do you like the sea Ninaeleth?"

"More than anything sir, its home, but we arn't allowed to swim all that much, and our walks along the shore are pretty short but that is because there are so many of us, we don't have enough people looking out for us."

"Isolder, dear, my name is Isolder. So they need help here?"

"Well, help or fewer kids around." She stacked all the shells in a pile. Many parents had come and gone, she and Hithaerwen had been there a long time. She wondered which of them Isolder would pick, the more out going girl or her.

"Do you have an idea of what you want to be when you grow up Ninaeleth?"

"Not really, Isolder. I haven't really thought much about it."

"How about a daughter?" he asked.

She looked up at him with such hope in her eyes that it really broke his heart. This one needed him, before she drifted away. Hithaerwen would have no trouble being adopted with her outgoing attitude, Nin, Nin needed him.

"Really?" She asked, fear of being hurt so clear in her eyes, warring with the excitement. She had tried all sorts of things to be adopted and had always wondered why the people had never chosen her, so the last few she had just kind of ignored them. Now this shifter boy came and didn't want a boy, he wanted a girl and not just any girl, thought Hitha was nice, he wanted her.

He nodded smiling, offering her his hand.

She stared at him and then hugged him. A full on real hug, and she felt like she was home, had found her place, with this strange looking boy.

She was hugging him, it was a good hug too, not something he would expect from this seemingly shy girl, she was not shy, she had simply given up hope and something in her had told something in him that he was the one that could change her life for the better, that she needed him more than the other three did.

"Your coming home with me Nin, I promise you will always have a family. I will be there for you no matter what, through storms, through darkness, through bright days, all of it. You are my daughter, and I promise you will be the most important thing in my life. Forever."

She was a bit shocked at such praise but she'd take it, she hugged him again. Excited and nervous and not a little shocked that it was her that would be going home this time.

He picked her up her arms still wrapped around his neck, her legs around his waist, she was doing a mighty good impression of a barnacle. "Wait," he said and bent down to scoop up her shell collection and put it in a pocket. They were important to her so he would take them with them. "Can't forget those!"

He strode over to the house to fill out the paperwork and other neccessary things. He waved at the other children being not as big of a coward as he wanted too, it hurt him viscerally to leave them there. But he was not ready for a big family, one was all he could handle for now.

Ninaeleth had fisted her hands into his shirt clinging for all she was worth as if anyone would try to unstick her at any moment. This wouldn't happen, he knew but he also knew why she was clinging like that. He had wished he had someone to cling to for so long when he had lost everyone, it had taken him so long to find his brothers. His heart broke for the children here and Nin, he didn't know her past but he would create a good future for them, and with the threat of those bug mages she would not leave his sight until she was at least a prentice.

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:14 pm
Battle Growth Form

Character Name:Isolder
Class Promotion: [Massif (Berserker) ]
Current Location: [Matori]
Journal: Isolder
RP Growth Point Links:
5 points - Reunion with Ming'we
5 points - The Journey Continues
5 points - Little Brother
5 points - Creepy Critters World Event
5 Points - A night at the pub
5 Points - Remembering Those Who Have Gone
5 Points - The Truth Behind It All

EXP Growth Point Links:
Top This! Iso Vs Sezarra Winner Iso
Ive Been Skewered! Iso Vs Iroia Winner ISO
Blood Runs Thicker Before the Darkness (Isolder and Reillan) Winner ISO
Class Quest Solo: Class Quest
Blurb: In this quest, Isolder is pushed by a near death experience to start taking his plans for the future seriously. He has proven to himself through long term and spur of the moment actions that he would do right by a family should he chose to go that route and its something he really wants to do. Now he is physically and mentally prepared to consider adopting a youngling and starting a family as a single parent. The quest also highlights and reinforces his bond with his Zanteer who will be instrumental in his continual improvement in communication, something that he has at times struggled with due to wanting to keep things light and airy. Kalith is teaching him that sometimes it is good to take things seriously and gravely in the right circumstances.
Items:
Keen Gauntlets and a tumbling jar to add tumbled saphirres to the back of the gauntlets.
Body Type: A little more Muscle/ angular as he is developing but not puff daddy
Preferred Artists: Miss Misnomer Lines with Tas Style 2 Color, Kana Lines, Phieth Color, Kana Lines Uke Color
WIPs: No need

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:00 pm
Isolder threaded his fingers through Kalith's thick chest fur, tracing the pale turquoise lines. He sighed, he had to do this job. He had very little money and he wanted to have some for the future. But accompanying a spice caravan was just so dreadfully boring. No battles, not even any talk and an awful lot of sneezing because something they were carrying just didn't sit well with his nose unfortunately.

They had taken a break for the day at the edge of a small cove and he was just feeling like staying here instead of completing the job. No one was going to attack them for paprika. Seriously there was so much of the stuff around that it wasn't worth the hassle, he didn't even like eating it in food but apparently the Obans adored it and there were some places in matori where the plant that produced it grew well an in abundance. He sighed again, the sound seemingly drug up from behind his sternum.

"Kalith what did I get myself into? Should we have found a cheaper more interesting job somewhere do you think?" He buried his face in the Zanteer's neck and inhaled the familiar scent that laced the fur. This creature was his best friend. He remembered being there when Kalith complained about the rocks of Sauti, his relief at being back in Matori, everywhere he went Kalith came. Made his opinion known but came anyway.

So when the first arrow came Isolder didn't think twice before leaping and pinning the Zanteer to the ground, the arrow struck him in the back instead. He yelled as the air was pushed out of him more like a heavy exhalation.

His familiar of course proceded to freak out and batter off all the attackers by himself while Isolder drifted in and out of consciousness, all he could think was that he had wasted his life for paprika of all things. Well he wasn't bored now.

Isolder woke in a healers bed eyes gummy with crud. He breathed but shallowly, deeper breaths hurt like being kicked in the head. It burned it seared and it felt somehow stretched like the would was drying behind him. A healer woman came in bottles in hand and a roll of bandages wrapped around her other arm like a bangle. He was grateful it was a woman, to him a male healer just seemed strange and wrong.

He tried to croak a "Hello." But she hushed him before he could get a proper sound out. "None of that now shifter," the water tribe woman said as she set down her jars and roll of bandage. "You will not distress your Zanteer so he comes barreling in again just as I coaxed him to eat something after three days. He is weak from worry and you are weak from fighting death, now lets see that arrow wound." She tilted him over gently and unwrapped the bandage. He hissed with pain as it unstuck with scab. He felt sick and very nearly fainted.

"Now now, don't pass out on me please. I'll not have that after you are finally awake out of the healing sleep," she paused while she looked at the wound. "Yes you are lucky this was an old fashioned bow, not a crossbow bolt, or you would have had holes on both sides, if you had survived it would have made a neat scar though."

He stared at the woman incredulously when she went for the washbasin to clean the wound. "Don't look at me like that, you may have survived it, you survived this one somehow didn't you?"

He would have nodded but thought better of it as she started to rid the wound of the old blood. "Soon enough now the magic will take care of the rest but I find that sometimes a little old fashioned healing once the person is out of danger is better." He wriggled uncontrollably as she cleansed the wound and put some nasty smelling green goo on the wound. His nose wrinkled and she chuckled at him. "Only the best boy only the best, and the best usually smells awful as the case is, this is a particularly helpful seaweed and powdered snaptrotter scale mix which heals and seals the wound so it doesn't bleed so easily. But its better for awake patients because it numbs the pain too."

He was now even more exhausted then he had been as she leaned him back down onto the bed...on his face this time. Apparently he had rolled onto his back at some point and that had been what had set the thing to bleeding.

"Any questions and I won't be far." She said before taking her vile herb concoctions and sidling out of the room. He smiled when he saw the big green snout she had to push out of the way to escape his room. Kalith knew he was awake. He was so relieved Kalith was okay, he had done his duty then.

Idly he wondered if the spice caravan had made it, judging from the hefty bag of coin by his bed, it had. Kalith had saved the day and he had saved Kalith. That was how family worked.

Once he woke up again he grunted at the door until the healer returned. "Please can you tell me if Matori has an orphanage?" He whispered, unable to speak much louder.

She blinked at him, "I think you are a little old for adoption my boy but you may stay here until you are well. I am a healer if you haven't noticed."

He laughed, and it hurt terribly. She smiled wryly at him until he explained. "I think it is time for me to start thinking about the future, in the light of my recent experience I think I am ready for the next step in my life.

"And that step would be ...running a childrens home?" She asked and peered at one of his viles. "Maybe I put the wrong plant in here?"

"No its been..." Kalith was concentratedly bumping the door with his broad head. "You might want to let him in, he knows its me talking and he will barrel it down if he has too. He will sniff me all over then he will leave me alone, it is his way."

The healer let in the Zanteer which snorted in frustration at her, why hadn't she done this days ago. He marched right up to his master sniffed at him all over as predicted then laid his head on the nearest leg.

Isolder despite himself was comforted as well.

"I've been considering adoption for a while now and well, I think that now I'm ready to take the consideration seriously. It will take some more thinking but I want to acertain that there is in fact an orphanage nearby."

"Aye there is by the water, you will be free to go in about two weeks until then you had best keep your thoughts here."

"Very well, but Kalith can stay can't he?"

"Yes he can but not when I'm changing your bandages mind, I don't need hair getting places it oughtent be."

That night Isolder craned his neck to look at the stars. This was what Serin wanted for him. It was also what his Mother and sister wanted for him. This he knew in his bones.

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Parent(s): Isolder
Reason for Adoption: Isolder has reached an age where he really thought he would be a father by now with a trusted woman by his side, but sometimes fate is a cruel thing and he finds himself without either. He feels it is time to start a family in order to get to where he wants to be in life and honor the memory of his Mother and sister. He wants to adopt because he knows what its like to loose his parents even if he was a prentice already when he lost his he can't imagine what it would be like to be a youngling with no parents. It breaks his heart and he wants to help them somehow.

He has promised to himself that if he does find the right person for him that he will not reproduce himself, once he takes on an adopted youngling they will become his main focus. He would not mind if his mate wanted children, they could adopt or find a donor, thats not a worry but for him it will be as if his adopted child is his by blood. No matter what.

He is lonely and feeling that something vitally important is missing from his life, he has determined that this missing thing is children. Someone that he can raise and teach and continue his lagacy with even if its not by blood.
Location of Adoption: Matori
Matori is where Isolder has moved to, the place where he finally feels that he is ready to start a family. He admires the Matorian people greatly and understands their hardships, as they were similar to the angst between the shifters and the alkidike in the forests of home. He knows they have been through much as individuals and as a people. He wants to be a part of this story somehow, but as he is a shifter the best way he can be a part of this is to adopt a water youngling. He hopes that they might learn from each other. The point of race has never been an issue for him, he welcomes the interactions with people of different races they make life more interesting.

Current Residence: Matori
Living Situation: Isolder lives in a largish hut a short ways from the sea in a very safe neighborhood. He has built up a large nest egg of funds so that he may look after his adoptee to the best of his ability while she is still young. He has prentices available should something come up and he need to take on a commission job to pay bills, he has planned for this not to happen but is prepared for an emergency just in case.

Relationship: adopting alone
Adoption Requirement: Link
Bonding Requirement: Link

Child Name: Ninaeleth Isolde
Child Gender and Race: Female Water
Child Personality:
1 Family Oriented - Nin is capable of forming extremely strong bonds with people she considers her family, family is of the utmost importance to her which makes loosing her young parents all the more painful for the little girl. Family will always come into consideration for her and she will demand a partner who will be as focused on them as she.

2 Spiritual - Partially due to natural inclination and partially because of her early life experiences Nin is a very spiritual creature, seeing signs from the gods in the appearances of certain animals, getting messages from them and from how the shells on the beach are arranged after the tide recedes. She is connected to the ocean through love but that love is slightly tarnished because it was the sea that broke her parents along its rocks when her father's ship hit a reef. So the sea is home but also a reminder of what she has lost, she sees it as sort of a diety in itself and its mysteries waiting for her to come and discover them. She usually prays at least once a day and will read the signs constantly.

3 Powerful - When one looses control of one's life at an early age, one may seek to rectify it in an adult life. Things must be planned out and communicated clearly to make a plan work, she will train hard to become a good warrior no matter which path she may choose. She will work to maintainn that power through connections, networking, climbing physically and mentally to the top of the heap as much as she can, she will try to do it on her own merits as well.

4 Intelligent - She is a smart little girl with not much left of the screen that forms from parents between children and their world, she will hate to be talked to like a small child, preferring to be talked to like an equal adult, in later years this will translate to equality as a female, beware the chauvenists. She will like to think things through before acting and will be a very good strategist. Due to her past she is a bit more jaded already then many younglings who have not had a similar or equivalent experience.

She will be a bit shy in her youth, coming into more confidence as she gains experience and confidence, after a prentice she should be right on track and more stable than many others her age.

Child History: Nin was born to a young water couple, one was a treasure hunter named Inala and her father was a fisherman call Kolvack. They were both adventurous spirits and raised their daughter in the same manner often taking her with them at a young age on adventures, showing her tidepools as a baby and collecting shells, they did everything together as they were a very close knit family. Nin was closest to her father Kol. He was hers and she had him wrapped right around her precious little finger, her mother seeing their connection hoped for a son so that she might experience something similar to the intense closeness.

As she grew older her parents needed to go out on longer and longer treks to help finance their budding family. Her mother had recently gotten pregnant again and they didn't have much money to begin with so they had to go and gather resources. Her Mother heard of a treasure up the coast line that promised to set them up for two years if she could locate it. They never told Nin what the treasure was but she was excited that her parents would go on a top secret special mission for her and her unborn sibling.

That was until they didn't come back and her babysitter started to panic. When people finally came to the door with news of her parents death, Nin blacked out. How could this have happened to her, no her parents were out there hiding she knew, she raced outside and the babysitter had to sprint to catch her, then they had to keep a constant watch on her because she would find innovative ways to go and look for herself. It wasn't until someone brought back the special shell that her mother had always worn that she believed them.

Her parents were gone, what was there for her on this earth anymore, she had no close family, no sibling, just the memory of the start of one. She was placed in the orphanage and was there for about six months, slowly loosing hope that anyone would adopt her, soon she stopped trying so hard and only glanced at couples who came by too look. That was until Isolder chose her because she needed him the most and reminded him of the sister he had never met just as she had never met her sibling.

◈ Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff