Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:32 am
At Large

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:21 pm
After the Adventure

Jerami was sitting cross legged, on the floor in the main room of the house, working slowly on sewing a new piece of clothing to wear, his fingers moving the needle slowly. He gave a little squeak when he caught himself in the finger yet again, causing him to give pause, lifting the finger up to suck on it. He really needed to focus on the task at hand if he wanted to get this done with his fingers intact but thus far that didn't seem to be going well. He was so distracted after his last time hanging out Drexl. The two of them had done what they always did, that being going on adventures, only the last adventure was just the two of them. Other times it involved others, like Lixes and sometimes Arron, but that time it was with just the two of them.

It had been a lot of fun, with Drexl showing him all manner of things that were interesting to behold. There were the trees that they had climbed, the berry bushes that Bruin loved so much, the silent stream that had the creepy feel to it, and then the pretty pond that they had napped beside. Next time that they went out he meant to be better prepared for it all! He would have some shorts on under his dress so that he could climb trees more easily without fear of flashing people. Not to mention that he would make sure to bring along something to swim in as well since that pond looked so nice! Given the weather of late he felt that it would be quite enjoyable to be able to go swimming in it, sure that it would stave off the heat.

Were he to go swimming though he should probably want to braid his hair tightly, wouldn't he? It would keep it from getting all tangled up as he swam. His hair refused to stay in certain styles, not wanting to become dreadlocks, and he found himself wondering if that bothered his Alkidike mother at times. He had heard that she tried when they were younger but their hair was too fine to get the dreadlocks to stay. Their hair was like that of their Earthling mother, which made it difficult to tame at times, but braids at least seemed to work if only before they were tied off at the end with ribbons. Not a style he would wear permanently, liking the look of his hair when it was free flowing, but it would work well when he was swimming, climbing, or otherwise doing things that might cause it to be tangled.

He started on the project at hand, lifting it up the skirt to look it over, giving it a little shake. He gave a smile before he lowered the skirt back onto his lap before he started to work once more. The skirt was a long, flowing one, one that would reach his ankles, and look quite lovely once it was done. He gave a bit of a smile as he slid a hand against the soft, silky fabric, "This is going to be so pretty." He murmured to himself, quite enjoying the color of the fabric, as well as the feel of it. It was a lovely piece that he'd been lucky to find when some passing merchants had come by with their caravan. It was buried under the rest of the cloth, all of which was quite lovely as well. Any one of those bolts of cloth might have ended up in hands, could have been made into this skirt, but instead he'd dug deep enough to find the deep, blue cloth. It was a color that reminded him of the night sky and caused him to be quite excited over the idea of getting the piece done since he wanted so badly to wear it.

Once it was ready to wear he would show it off to his family first, then maybe to Drexl... though as he thought that he could feel his cheeks coloring a bit. His hands tightened a little bit on the cloth, his antennae twitching, as he thought about the last moment of the adventure he'd gone on with Drexl. It had ended with his friend giving him a... kiss. It was one of those things that had struck him mute with surprise and even now as he thought about it he couldn't help but to get embarrassed. Why did Drexl kiss him? He knew that they were good friends and Jerami dd care deeply for him... but a kiss? Wasn't that a more romantic sort of thing? It was the sort of thing that his mothers did, but not him... at least until that point. So it was his first kiss? To a degree at least. He had been given a kiss, sure, but since he was so surprised by it he hadn't kissed him in return, right? Should he have?

Sighing again he found himself looking around the room, wondering where his family members might be at the moment. He felt that he could ask them about such a thing, right? At the same time he worried that his mothers wouldn't be happy and that his sisters would want to tease him. He didn't want to deal with either of those things, feeling that it would be quite difficult. Especially having to deal with his mothers. What if they decided that they didn't like Drexl? What if they decided that he wasn't good enough to be his friend and shouldn't be giving out kisses? It was something that he was going to have to deal with himself, huh?

He supposed that if push came to shove that he could talk it over with Bruin. He'd at least listen without giving any opinions, nor would he kick up a fuss over such an incident. The brown kinfa seemed to like Drexl well enough, though likely it was because he'd payed the bird off with berries... so maybe he'd do the same? He'd give Bruin some berries and talk to him about everything. While he wouldn't get any real answers maybe he could talk himself through the situation at hand? That was he was hoping for at least he thought to himself as he set to work on his skirt once more.

(( Word Count: 1059 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:37 am
Miny Meta: The Stands

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:47 pm
Miny Meta: Jauhar

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:49 pm
Unwanted Powers

It wasn't one of those things that he'd really noticed right away due to the fact that it was just little things to begin with. Things getting tipped over when there was no wind, swearing that he'd gotten a scrap only to look again and find it gone, as well as a time when there was that splash of water out of no where. It was strange little mishaps at first that Jerami had chalked up to bad luck or perhaps Bruin causing trouble. It wasn't until the incident with his Kinfa that things started to become more clear to him, things that he didn't even want to think about or consider. He was weird enough as it was without adding that into the mix after all! Best that he just ignored it until it went away was his plan, feeling that it was the best want to go about things.

It worked... sort of. Wasn't it easier he told himself, he could just ignore the incidents, chalk them up to being nothing more then a passing phase, and he would continue forward with what he felt was the 'right' path for him to walk. Ever since he was little he wanted nothing more then to be just like his sisters, even if that meant him dressing like a girl so that he could better blend in. It wasn't that he didn't like the way he dressed, in fact he loved it now, and he was even getting good at making his own clothes as well! It proved that if he chose a path and stuck with it then he could do anything! Anything that he set his mind to! A thought process that was momentarily brought up short as his needle jabbed into his finger.

Giving a little grumble he lifted it up to look at the little puncture wound before lifting it up to his mouth, sucking on it to get rid of the drop of blood. By the time he'd lowered it again the wound was gone along with the pain... another incident adding to the list of them he thought to himself before giving a sigh, "N-No... no... so long as I d-don't think about it then it's not a problem." He murmured to himself, forcing his focus solely back onto his sewing again. He didn't want to think about it, didn't want to consider the idea that he might be even more different then his sisters then he already knew that he was. He was the only boy in the family and that already made him weird, he wouldn't allow himself to stray from the path of a Blade! Not just because he didn't want to be different but because he knew that meant... he knew that if he didn't become a Blade he would be rejected by the Alkidike, he wouldn't be able to visit the Great Mother Aisha, he wouldn't be able to pray to her for a lotus were he to ever want a child one day. He couldn't give up on that part of himself just because of the 'incidents'!

Behind him there was a little crash follow by numerous clattering sounds as a earthen jar of candy fell off its perch despite a lack of wind, scattering the sweets across the floor of his room. Turning slowly he glanced toward them, then lifted a hand to rub it against the bridge of his nose. He knew in a way that magic wasn't a bad thing, his Earthling mother had magic after all, it was in his blood, all of the triplets blood, and any one of them could have ended up with it. Why him though? He wanted to be able to stand next to his sisters and be proud... he wanted to be strong like them, brave like them, he'd done his best to be just that, even going all the way to Oba with them despite the consequences. Why was this happening? What would their Alkidike mother think? Would she turn him away too? Would he be seen as weak? Unneeded? Would she look down on him for being unable to be an Alkidike despite having their blood in his veins as well?

Clenching his teeth he leaned over the project he was working on, nearly doubled over, as he tried to catch his breath. He could just ignore the magic, right? It might just go away and then he would be able to continue forward as a Blade alongside his sisters he told himself... but it was something he'd been telling himself over and over again, ever since the first incident, and it hadn't happened yet. Wishing away the magical potential that he seemed to have didn't seem to be an option, did it? Did that mean it was what he was meant to do even if it meant being cast out of the Alkidike? He would have 'chosen' the path of an Earthling after, closing him off from so many things that were 'Alkidike Only'. It was something that brought tears to his eyes and made him want to go and cling to his mothers... but if he did that he would have to explain why he was doing so since he was pretty bad when it came lying to people.

He would... tell them, both of his mothers and both of his sisters, but not yet. He wanted to visit Aisha just once more, then he'd tell them, certain that if he told them first that it wouldn't be allowed. Just one more visit to the Chibale Isles he thought to himself as he sat up, scrubbing the sleeve of his dress against his eyes before he went back to the project at hand. After that he would walk the path laid out before him and face the consequences of it... even if just thinking about them made his heart hurt.

(( Word Count: 982 ))

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:18 am
What is the Worry?

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:01 am
Over the Ocean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:46 am
WE: Creepy Crawlers

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:04 am
Chapter 8: The Grand Market

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:14 am
Growth Solo: The Path Not Followed

(( Jerami goes on a pilgrimage to Aisha, to visit the Great Mother one last time before his life takes him on a path that leads away from her. It's a solemn meeting but one that he needed before he can admit to anyone else that his gift of magic will be leading him down a path that he hadn't planned on when he was younger, that of an Earthling Mage. ))

Jerami was sitting beneath the branches of the Great Mother, Aisha, his aqua eyes closed for the moment as he listened to the sound that was the wind rustling through her branches. There was something so calm and serene about this place, it was almost enough that for a moment he felt as though time was standing still. It was as though he wasn't here to say goodbye to Aisha. The sight before him was one he wanted to burn into his memory because he might never see it again. No... it wasn't that he might not, it was that he definitely wouldn't. If he turned away from the path of the Alkidike he would no longer be welcome among the sisters, meaning he would no longer be welcome on the Chibale Isles. To be fair though he doubted that he was exactly welcome presently by all of those that he'd passed by to get here.

He was the son of Jerarda, a rather powerful and well know Sacred Heart, and he was the nephew of Rishima, an amazon of the same standing. He had a feeling it was only because of his affiliation with the two of them that he was even allowed on the islands. They might very well think that he might followed in the footsteps of his amazing mother and there was that part of him that wished that he could. If he wasn't 'gifted' with the power of magic that he had then maybe he'd of become a Guardian that rode around on Bruin's back while pursuing... well, whatever perfect ideal it was that would allow him to stand among his sisters. It was what he'd thought he would be doing when he was little and had first met the baby kinfa too... but such things weren't meant to be. He felt a little bad since it was a little bit of a lie by omission that allowed him to come here. If they knew he wouldn't be following their ways then he wouldn't have been allowed to come... but that was the point.

Save for Shima he hadn't let anyone else know what he was planning on doing with his life because the fewer people that knew before this journey the better. After he made his peace with Aisha then he would tell others, starting with his parents. He'd need to get aid from his Earthling mother after all since he had no idea where to even start when it came to magic. The only thing he knew about it thus far was that it could manifest itself in frustrating and messy ways, that was it. After this pilgrimage, his first and last to Aisha, he would begin his studies, giving it his all. Since it was a gift that had chosen him then he wouldn't slack off, instead doing his best to become a mage worthy of his Earthling mother who the gift had come from.

The power that flowed through his veins would draw him in a different direction the others that visited Aisha, down the path that his other mother walked. Despite the Alkidike blood in his veins, blood that manifested itself in the form of his antennae and markings, he would walk the path of an Earthling. Lifting a hand to rest it against his chest he looked up at Aisha and said, "I... please, don't think that the path I take is me turning my back upon you because that isn't what I am doing." She had given him life after all. When his parents had come here to plead for a child Aisha had blessed them with a trio of blooms, something that spoke volumes for what she thought of their union. She allowed him to come into being and that was something that he could never thank her enough for.

"I want to thank you though mere words could never be enough. I want to serve you but what I am, the powers I am developing, they are yet another thing that set me apart from your other children. I have to find my own path and it seems it's one that will lead me away from you. It's not due to a lack of love or devotion though." He wanted Aisha to know that, to know that just because he wouldn't be here that it wasn't because he didn't care anymore. It wasn't because he was turning his back on her or his sisters, "If anyone here ever needs me, needs my magic, I will be there. I will offer my assistance, I will heal those who are wounded or ill, even if that is all that I can do to show my loyalty." It wasn't much, but it was something that would be within his means, so he would do it.

Clasping his hands together in his lap he said, "My sisters will follow the path that I cannot and I will give them my full support, to make sure that they are kept healthy and strong. That way they can grow strong and follow after out mother, becoming grand members of the Alkidike themselves." Not just his sisters but anyone that would accept aid from one that was learning the magical arts of an Earthling.

Bowing his head he said, "I'm not the only one out there like myself I'm sure. Those that are loyal, those that love you, to you even if they don't follow the ways of the Alkidike. I will do what I can to look out for them as well. I will never turn away a sister or a brother that needs my aid. I promise." His mind went for a moment to Drexl, thinking on the giant who seemed only get his size and some markings from the Alkidike. One might not even think him born of Aisha but Jerami knew better. It would be those like him, like his 'hero' brother, that he would aid as well. All of those who were Aisha's forgotten children. Forgotten because they didn't serve her as some hybrids did, like his sisters and uncle.

"I am small and not too brave, my magic is still a mess, but I will train hard to do what I can." He murmured, lifting his hands up to rub them against his eyes for a moment before giving a soft laugh, "Before all of that I should probably talk to my mother, Jerarda, huh? She's the sort that feels... larger then life, but I will still do my best. I want her to know what I plan to do and I hope that she will accept me just as I hope that you will accept me."

Giving a bit of a sigh he said, "I think the thing I regret most is that I will never be able to do as my parents did, I will never be able to plead for a child of my own... but that's something that I have come to terms with. I will instead pray that you consider the pleas of my sister in my place if they ever come to you. They are both wonderful people and I know that Shima can get ahead of herself at times but I'm sure in the future when she mellows out a bit she will make a good mother." Giving a smile he pushed up to his feet, brushing himself off of the dirt and debris that clung to him.

"Speaking of Shima she is waiting for me. She accompanied me here, something I am grateful for. She's been a good pillar for me to seek support from these passed few weeks." He would see to it that his magic was put to good use aiding her in the future as thanks... once he got a really good grasp on it that was. Bowing before Aisha he said, "Thank you for everything and... goodbye, Great Mother." Lifting his hands up to scrub them against his eyes again he headed away from Aisha, not looking back, and instead looking forward. He'd join Shima and he'd head home, there was a lot for him to do now that this journey was over. It was but the first step on the path that he'd chosen after all.

(( Word Count: 1374 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:07 am
Reserved for Solo: Getting a Wand  
◈ Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash