SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:42 am
Brother Bonding Time

Drexl spends quality time with his younger brother.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:43 am
A Day Out

Drexl cuddles his long time crush, Jerami.

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:44 am
-Class Solo-
Tiny Little Beast

Drexl decided to be a Rider a long time ago. As his younger brother talked of being a hero like their Dad and saving those in danger. Drexl wondered who...or what would protect his brother’s back. As a child he looked into it and found that the mounted warriors were called Riders. These beings were protectors, messengers, guardians....pretty much everything his younger brother wanted to be. Yet. Lixes wanted to go for a heavy arm class. That was fine to Drexl...he could go for the warrior who would protect the hero from behind. He had seen a small battle battalion once during a parade procession, the foot soldiers came out looking confident...mostly. The younger members seemed a bit off. Though that was quickly dealt with as the big war mounts came after them. The older soldiers looked confident. Drexl was curious as to why...then he saw the mounted warriors.

The rather large beasts they were on he couldn’t name due to his age. He supposed they weren’t native. If the whispers around him were any evidence to support that thought. That being the case, Drexl sought to know more of the mountable beasts for the warrior classes. Jauhar’s beasts were varied. The mount was the loyal Radaku. That he knew from his raising with Pyre. The youth kept at his studies of the different mounts. There were checks and balances to all of them. Different goals he could see himself achieving with different beasts.

Tale offered for him the Kinfa. Which would be rather long of a wait. If only due to the fact that from what he learned through those that owned one of those rare glorious birds. That they took quite a while to train and be able to ride. He opted out of that one, if only because he wasn’t in the mood to wait a long while. Sauti offered mere companions, he heard of a beast a while back that was used as a mount. Though rumors circulated that they were either falling out of fashion or falling out of existence. Either way. Drexl was told they weren’t in high use any longer. That was just fine for him. The youth recalled further research into the other mounts…

Oba. The militant tribe to the East, they had a few impressive ones. The powerful Janarim, Drexl hadn’t seen many of those in common day interaction. Perhaps for the less than savory aspect of their society. Drexl had seen a few well treated, but the war left a lot of emotional scars. That the youth knew earthlings would take out on a beast. The other mount was then Xaraan, a rather large bird used mostly in racing as well as for messengers. Drexl had seen those before. Not really up his alley. Then there was Oba’s neighbors, Matori. From there, Drexl was aware of the grand Bushi as well as the slightly more intimidating Snapptrotter. The Bushi was impressive and for a while Drexl considered going after one...then he decided against it. The Snapptrotter was pretty cool too, but Drexl didn’t want to put a creature of water in the forests.

Then Drexl’s attention came to the new island that no one had much info on. The tales of the beasts from there had his rapt attention. Now, granted...it was easy to get his rapt attention. Drexl was a curious sort of youth. As timid as a startling piece of information will make him. He still wanted to know, as he looked into the island. He found out about only one possible mount. The Limbara. All of Drexl’s research told him of a large massive creature that resembled a rock to a vast degree. Though...it had teeth...and powerful claws when it managed to get a slam on you. That sounded like a good protector sort. Drexl’s only issue…

Getting one.

The youth lounged back in one of his favorite trees as he thought over just how he was going to get ahold of said beast. It wasn’t going to be easy. Yael was newly discovered. Their beasts weren’t really being exported, from what he heard...they were pretty vicious. So what--he jumped as his thoughts were crashed by a sudden sound off to his side. The youth shot up as he looked over into the forest floor. He tilted his head as he heard more noises. Someone was chasing something? He shifted to wait and watch.

His waiting was rewarded. The youth blinked in shock as a small...odd beast bolted into his view down the path. That was...was that an infant?!? Infant what? He tried to get a good view but couldn’t as the poor thing was running with all the speed those tiny legs could carry it. Drexl dropped quickly to the lower branches before taking off after it. The voices he heard following it were human...crap. Was the little thing being hunted?!? Oh, no it wasn't.

He dropped lower as he saw the tiny little beast more. It looked like the rumors of a Limbara. Despite that fact, the more pressing factor was the incoming humans. Drexl dropped to the floor keeping up in a dead run with the little beast. As they got closer to what he knew was a hidden cavern entrance, one which he knew he could scale a large tree to get to. The youth sprung out. Grabbed the tiny thing and quickly got halfway up before a rather intense bite claimed his arm. He repressed the pained scream in favor of using the pain to full his body up to the top. He let the tiny beast go as he hid out of sight. He heard the voices carry on past him. Glancing down to his lap where the petrified tiny beast laid stock still.

Drexl took a deep breathe as he started to softly hum. A gentle stroke with his free hand as he kept that soft hum. The tiny beast started to slowly relax. Drexl smiled despite the pain he felt. He knew he had something in his side bag for such a extreme thing. Good thing he was a worry wort. He managed to move his arm, slowly, out of the grasp of the tiny jaws. Letting the little beast just lay in his lap as he quickly tended to his arm. He figured it would scar, the infant’s jaws weren’t too strong just yet. Good for him. He looked back down to the infant as he slowly looked over the tiny beast. From what he researched. This indeed was a Limbara, fantastic. The youth looked at the little beast. Pausing as he saw that it was awake and now staring right back at him.

Drexl smiled. “Hey there, little one.” as soon as he spoke it skittered to a corner. Drexl blinked then sighed deeply. It would take him the better part of three months to gain the tiny beasts trust. It was so meek that Drexl started calling it ‘Mique’...when he was able to the youth managed to bring his tiny little beast back home.

Which was a different sort of experience entirely...

Word Count: 1200

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:50 pm
Solo
Heart's Reflection

Drexl found himself sitting in a tree as he thought about everything and everyone. He had a book open in his lap, but he had long stopped paying attention to the words. It was just a book about local plants anyway. Something he randomly picked up to see what was toxic to beasts and what wasn’t. Now that he had read a good portion of it he found his mind wandering away from the topic in front of him. That was fine by him, when his mind wandered he got some of the best ideas. Like for instance, what sort of dress he should be on the lookout for. After all, Jerami always could use a new dress or two for different occasions. Drexl felt the need to spoil the other hybrid just a bit. He wasn’t proving anything, he just...wanted to. Jerami was special. Jerami was to be cherished. Jerami was...Jerami was…

“Mine.” he breathed out. Jolting up as he looked around to make sure no one heard that. He liked Jerami that was for certain, the other hybrid had always been at the forefront of his mind. His thoughts usually in some way running around to link his choices back to Jerami. Like his choice to be a Rider, that was in part largely for Lixes...yet at the same time. He smiled softly. He found a way to link it back to Jerami as a way for the other to have company if he wanted it. Drexl would make sure his beast was more than willing to listen to Jerami, at least that was a goal he hoped to reach at some point. An extra method of protection for the other when Drexl wasn’t able to be near him. The thought of having more than one beast to do so was tempting.

For now however, just one to start with would be enough. For now. He could always gain more as time went on. The idea that Jerami would fall in love with another never crossed Drexl’s naive mind. Though...it tried. He would feel that fear creep up his spine then squash it down without a thought. He couldn’t fathom...nor withstand that thought. As messed up as he knew that was. He could be a little selfish every once in awhile. The illusion that he could be perfect for Jerami was something he was trying to keep up with lately. He sighed as he shifted his position to sit more comfortably in the tree. Eyes focused on the nest high above him. His ears perked as he heard infant sounds. Not wanting to disturb the parents he slipped out and landed on the forest floor.

Starting a nice walk to figure out where his mind wanted to be at this moment. He kept his eyes peeled for anything that wanted to try to surprise him in the mid-morning light. He didn’t think so as most of the predators were well within the Forest and not so much out here. As he walked the youth hummed in his thinking. There had to be something---ah! He blinked before he took off at a brisk pace to the river he found his arrowhead. The youth had gone back there many time to find small trinkets here and there. Mostly things he brought home to put in a box he found at the river. A part of him wondered who owned these last. As he neared the river he smiled at the familiar sounds. Slowly working his way down he found what he was looking for.

It was an old trunk that was tucked away among tree roots. It looked as if the tree was slowly taking it in. Drexl knelt down and looked up to the tree. “I’m only going to see what’s inside as usual.” he explained with a chuckle. He managed to pry it open a few times, finding just as easy as then he looked through. There were some tattered dresses. He pulled those out to take to Jerami to perhaps mend. Then saw a small box. He reached in and opened it to find a rather pretty stone ring. He stood and let the trunk close. Eyes focused on the ring he put it in his belt pouch as he thought about when he should present it to the other. He figured he would soon...

Word Count: 733

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:51 pm
Growth Solo
My Tiny

Drexl had spent the next few months bonding with his new little beast. Mique was rapidly responding well to Drexl’s kindness. The youth figured that whatever had him before wasn’t exactly the nicest if the way the tiny thing reacted to loud noises was any indicator. Drexl was currently just sitting under Mique’s favorite tree reading something that was given to him by an elder. It was a book on the basics of beast raising, perhaps something that vaguely applied to his new little beast. Though, he figured he should have a start somewhere. The youth tapped the page he was on as he looked up at the tiny little thing. “Mique.”

He smiled as the beast perked up and rose its head to look at him. He reached out to scratch the tiny little beast behind one ear. Chuckling as he heard a rather satisfied sigh before his little beast laid its head back down. Drexl rolled his shoulders as he looked back to his book. Caught entirely up in the words and advice the book offered him. He didn’t hear the footsteps as two males walked up to him. Drexl blinked as he looked slowly up. “Can I help you?” his tone was even.

The two males were different tribes. The bigger of the two, in all ways possible, looked to be Fire...or was it Leaf. Ah, Drexl thought to himself. That one might even be a Leaf/Fire hybrid. That was interesting. Well, would of been. If not for the glare he seemed to level at Drexl. The youth then glanced to the other. A pure blooded Shifter, smaller in many ways than his companion. The two both glared now that Drexl looked at them. He felt something shifted him forward as Miqwe backed to hide behind him. Instantly the youth felt something click. The voices...when he first saw Miqwe...these two…

He glanced to the lance that his Father gave him earlier that week. It was to act as sort of a guide for Miqwe and him, to help get branches out of the way as he rode Miqwe when his tiny beast was big enough. He looked back up to the two males, already content in the knowledge that the lance was sharp as he had cut himself on it within the first two hours of handling it. He closed his book with a heavy sigh. “I’ll ask only once more before I strike out in defense. Can. I. Help. You?”

The supposed hybrid spoke first, tone deep though familiar as one of the yellers. “That little beast was apart of our cargo. We’d like it back or you pay in your hide for stealing.”

Drexl felt a twitch above his right eye as his hand flexed towards the lance. “I’m sorry. I can’t return him...nor can I use my hide to barter for him as my Father’s might take great offense to that.” He slowly rose, his lance in his right hand as he stood to his full height. Thanks to him being on a small hill he was more than tall enough to see the fear flicker in the two. “If that’s all you have to say, I’m sure we can go back to your boss and I can barter with something a bit more reasonable.”

The two males both took a few steps back as Drexl let out a slow sigh. The shifter spoke then. “F-fine! We’ll take you back to the boss! The beast---”

“Stays at my side or my lance finds yours.” Drexl cut in almost instantly. Later he can have a panic attack about how he was handling this, right now. He had to remain firm. He had to remain in control of these two with fear. It was a horrid tactic, but one he found worked as people tended to see his height as a fear factor. It was a indicator of his Alk blood, thus the barbarian trait his sisters had was a classic assumption that most took him to have. He wasn’t going to try to dissuade these two. This was for Miqwe’s sake, these two could not lay hands on his tiny beast ever again.

He’d make sure of that himself.

As the duo walked, Drexl kept a good pace behind them. Miqwe made a series of soft whimpers and such as they walked. Drexl lowered his hand to rest on the peak of his tiny beast’s back, rubbing circles with his thumb. It was a habit he had developed to help soothe Miqwe during loud noises. He supposed it worked as his tiny beast calmed till Drexl barely heard the softest of whispers out of the tiny thing. That was good, if he showed that Miqwe was tamed by him perhaps their Boss would be more inclined to openly barter. They got closer to the outskirts of the settlement, Drexl picked up a few landmarks that alerted him to their location. Okay. Good. He knew a few people that would most likely jump to his defense or get his Fathers if things got bad.

Which he prayed to Aisha or anyone willing to listen, that that would not be the case.

The trio, plus tiny, soon came upon what Drexl knew to be a beast trader. His hand flinched over Miqwe’s back, the small beast let out a beastial whimper as it stepped closer to Drexl’s side. The duo came to a stop as they spoke in hushed tones with another male. The new male was a full blooded leaf who said rather loudly. “What do you mean he wants to barter with the boss?!?”

There was a tangible silence that followed that statement. Drexl glanced down to Miqwe, almost ready to bolt with his tiny beast and be called a thief for the rest of his life. Their reactions made him think that his Mama had family here after all. Though the group looked toward a figure that had been reclining on a few cages, Drexl was more focused on the reactions of the beasts. The bigger ones seemed nervous while the smaller ones just flat out hid. Drexl steeled himself as the sound of someone humming had his attention on the figure that was on the cages.

The figure that rose up was well..Drexl blinked. He saw Fire...he saw Shifter and then some Water...then he blinked in pure shock. The guy was no older than he was!!! Their Boss was just out of their Parents nest!!! Drexl jumped a little back as the male landed. He stood a little shorter than most around him, that wasn’t a big deal. If the whip at his side was anything to argue with. Long dark braids cascaded around his torso, his skin pale speckled with the water tribes markings. The markings were darker to offset and stand out. Though his eyes were a bright silver, his eyebrows followed the water tribe. While a light placement of stones per the trait of the Shifters graced his frame.

The youth walked up and paused. “You’re a lanky Radaku aren’t ya?” he stated as he looked up till he met Drexl’s eyes. “Ah...not a Radaku.” he glanced down to Miqwe. “More like a Limbara.” he looked back to Drexl. “A’right. What did my boys do this time?”

Drexl blinked. “They accused me of stealing. While..in part that is sadly true. My meeting with my tiny beast, Miqwe was under dire circumstances. I heard yelling and saw a poor terrified infant running for its apparent life…” he explained. During his explanation Miqwe let out a series of soft distressed sounds. Drexl had knelt to stroke the infant till he calmed. Never taking his eyes off the ‘Boss’. “It’s taken me around three months to earn this little one’s trust. I don’t doubt you treat your beasts well---”

“I try, but some of my boys are a bit harsher than they should be. They think they know beasts better than me because I’m taking over for my Pa.” The other youth cut in. He crossed his arms. “I am going to report this back to Pa by the way.” he said with a pointed look to the duo. Then turning his attention back to Drexl he sighed. “Limbara’s are rare around here right now, their extremely difficult to catch in their home truff and hostile as all get out when you corner them. That being said, their price is high. The little one there was a part of a small group of infants. Most of which we’ve already sold.” he pointed to a large cage were two infants much like Miqwe slept.

Drexl made a face as he looked down at Miqwe. “What do you want?” he looked back up at the other.

The youth blinked. Then leaned forward to kiss the other male for a moment, pulling back he licked his lips. “That worked for about half…”

Drexl’s face flushed bright red.

The youth chuckled. “I think that large strong body of yours can work off the rest right?” he winked as Drexl stood with a jolt.

Drexl blinked. “A-ah...right..yeah. Work off the rest.” he said nervously as he hid a little more behind Miqwe. The small beast gave him a look that clearly said ‘This is the worst possible thing you can be doing right now.’

The next few weeks went by in a blur, well...that’s what Drexl wished he could say about them. Truthfully he hated to explain to his parents that he had to work off Miqwe’s price...more for the fact that he felt like he just made his tiny beast into an object and less of the tiny soul he was. That and...the Boss was one to let his thoughts be known. However he was also one to let his anger be felt. His whip was used to scare more earthlings than it was used to scare beasts. In a sense, Drexl respected the Boss for how the youth treated his beasts. At the end of the two weeks, Drexl was told the most amazing thing ever.

“Congrats, dear lanky Limbara. You’ve earned your infant.” the Boss told him at the end of a long work day. Drexl smiled as he chuckled in relief. Though the chuckle was short lived as he felt a hand on his side. The youth was quick to jump back and away. The Boss laughing deeply as he did so. “Gotta keep on your toes, lanky Limbara.” he winked. “This Snapptrotter will eat you up.”

Drexl went home that day then spent the rest of it cuddling Miqwe.

Word Count: 1781

Lesson Learned
Drexl learned that not everything is as it appears to be. While the two he met were rather...harsh. Their Boss was a complicated combination of both harsh and kind. He's not used to people appearing one way and acting another.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:22 pm
Rider Solo
Dealing with the Tiny

Drexl chuckled as he leaned back in the tree. Watching a few other riders with their young mounts he looked down to his Miqwe. The young limbara was much bigger than he was the day Drexl brought him home. Then again, so was Drexl. He shifted to sit as he looked down to the young beasts form as Miqwe laid out under his branch. Drexl hummed in thought. Here he wanted to be able to protect his home with his mount at his side. He remembered all his dreams from when he was a child, all that time he spent researching what mount he wanted. The youth chuckled as he looked to Miqwe.

“So...what do you think about becoming a proper mount, Miqwe?” he asked the beast as if the tiny soul could understand him. There were times that he felt he did. Honestly. Such like right now, as the tiny beast turned to fully look at the human before nuzzling into Drexl’s side, once Drexl lowered down to squat next to him. Drexl smiled as he ran a hand over Miqwe’s back. “Is that a agreement?”

Miqwe toddled to stand in front of the male. Nosing Drexl’s boot as he then started towards where Drexl knew that he had kept the barding for the Limbara. Chuckling he stood to walk after the beast. “Okay, okay...let’s get you all saddled up.”

Drexl fetched the leather straps and the saddle he found some time ago while working with the Boss for some experience with beasts. After a few days of fiddling with them, he fashioned what he considered a good training saddle for his tiny beast. The Boss thought it was a good attempt. Drexl knew that he would need to work for a proper saddle for his tiny beast, but that was a issue for a another time. As he turned to Miqwe the tiny beast started to look a little unsure. Drexl took a moment to stop, setting the items down before he walked to his beast. “Miqwe…”

He knelt down to sit in front of the large head. Even if Miqwe was called ‘tiny’ the beast was far from it. Drexl had no fear of the tiny beast turning on him, if only because he knew his tiny beast. Miqwe wasn’t viscous. He was timid, he was kind. He wasn’t a monster like some parents would like their children to believe. He had seen points and heard whispers about Miqwe when they went about town. It’s why he avoided going there when it wasn’t necessary. He started to slowly stroke Miqwe’s sides as he let the limbara lay his head in the Rider’s lap. Drexl hummed softly, off tune as it was. He took a few minutes before he picked up one of the straps. Holding it up for Miqwe to inspect. “Okay, here’s the deal...I’m going to put these on you. This is to allow me, as your Rider to stay on your back without falling.”

Miqwe sniffed at the leather straps. Drexl made sure that he had these things with him for some time before allowing them anywhere near Miqwe, just as a thought that his tiny beast may want his scent near him. Drexl hummed as Miqwe settled himself on top of the barding. “See, its not going to hurt you…”

Miqwe gave his owner a long suffering look before snorting at the earthling. Drexl blinked, not honestly used to Miqwe being a brat like this. The big male hummed as he stroked the fleshy sides of the lumbering beast. After a while, Drexl stood and started to see about saddling up the limbara. Miqwe was fine with it all. Instead of instantly leaping on his back like a fool. Drexl started out by placing lightweight bags over the saddle. “Here, we’ll get you used to carrying weight by helping to transport goods to the house. That sound good to you?”

Miqwe huffed again at him. Drexl chuckled as he nodded leading the future mount off back towards their home...

Word Count :: 678

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:12 am
What Now?!?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:13 am
Hello Again

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:15 am
You Did WHAT?!?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:20 am
Can You Fix Me?

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:21 am
Checking In

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:14 pm
Growth Solo
Bottling Things Emotionally Never Works

There was little that did not worry Drexl in his life so far. Very little that did not worry him. The male would find himself constantly at odds with his own mind as he merely sat on a branch or was walking between his bedroom and the kitchen. There never seemed to be a moment of silence when you were your own worst enemy. He sighed as yet again, he worried over every little thing that occured over the course of the day thus far. He was out and about with Miqwe. They were with the Boss and his crew. Drexl was out here merely to get more experience with handling large beasts, Miqwe was out to get used to crowds.

The Boss watched Drexl for a few moments, Drexl was highly aware of the other’s stare on his back. It really was not helping his natural instinct to just panic over every little thing. As Drexl felt his irritation finally peak at the stare he turned only to jump back about two feet as the Boss stood there behind him. The words, “What’s your deal?!?” came from both males at the same time.

Drexl blinked first. “You’re staring.”

The Boss did not blink. “And you’re tense. What’s wrong now, lanky limbara?”

Drexl quirked an eyebrow at the smaller male. “I’m always tense.”

There was a long sigh as the Boss rubbed his temple. “That...is far too much of a truth that I can not even begin to tell you how tempted I am to smack you.” He inhaled before continuing. “Come with me. I can not have you hurting yourself and dealing with the parents in the aftermath.”

Drexl slowly followed the shorter male to a tent, glancing over as Miqwe toddled after them. He reached out, out of sheer habit, to keep one hand on his tiny beasts head. Once they were near the tent, the Boss held open the tent flap. Drexl looked to Miqwe. “Is he allowed in?”

The Boss nodded. “Yes, there’s more than enough room. Go on. Both of you.” he ushered them both inside where Drexl froze at the sight of the large dark beast. The Boss chuckled behind him as he went to sit down. Drexl couldn’t identify what this beast was, but it sorta intimidated him. “Relax...Iffy is the least of your worries. Lex is the one who's trying to sneak up on you.”

Drexl jumped to look behind him at the Snapptrotter who was indeed creeping behind him and Miqwe. He narrowed his eyes a little before leading Miqwe to what he hoped was a safe place. Once the two of them were settled, the Boss wasted no time in staring at him again. “So...what’s wrong?”

Drexl blinked. “Nothing.” he answered without much thought. He kept his body closed off and didn’t meet the Boss’ eye. The younger male sighed.

“Drexl. Contary to popular belief. I do not like being a bad guy. I will start picking on you. Reading people is a skill my Pa taught me, it is a skill I pride myself on and I read you almost daily. Something’s bothering you. Something big if your already closing yourself off from me..” the younger said as he moved to sit on a pile of pillows across from Drexl. The Snaptrotter, Lex, stretched out on the longer pillows behind him.

Drexl shook his head. “It isn’t any of your concern---”

“Journen.”

Drexl blinked at the cut off. “Pardon?”

“My name...it’s Journen.” the boss, Journen, said with a smile. Drexl paused. No one in the crew knew his actual name, they all knew him as either ‘Boss’ or ‘Kiddo’ as per his Pa’s visits. He looked down to his lap.

“Why tell me?” he muttered.

Journen shrugged. “Tired of being called, Boss by someone I want to be friends with. I respect what you’ve done with your tiny there. I respect what your Father’s do and have done from the stories you’ve told me. I want to know what’s bothering you as a concerned friend.” he chuckled. “Don’t be so shocked...sometimes it’s good to talk to people. It’s good to trust.”

Drexl sighed. “Right...Boss...everything is fine.” he was not going to relent now. He heard a long sigh, this time from something with a bigger set of lungs. He slowly looked up to the large beast. Miqwe nuzzled into his side.

Journen blinked as he nodded. “Fine then...rest here for a bit and then go home. If your not here mentally, you’re not safe. I don’t want to deal with someone who is not going to focus on handling the beasts properly. You will hurt them, you will hurt yourself.” his tone was stern. Final.

Drexl nodded then settled into Miqwe as he felt a sudden surge of fatigue. It was a few hours later after a short, restless, nap that he set out with Miqwe. The lanky male was not paying that much attention to their usual route home. He was thinking about everything going on back home. His fight with his brother, his doubts about everything, his fear about losing yet another sibling. It was all circling in his mind. Things he couldn’t control, he knew this. It still plagued him however. That fear of knowing what the risks could result in. As he walked the youth didn’t see the Menziri Spider that was slowly creeping up on his left side. From a large tree across the river.

It took a mere second before Drexl felt the smack of the tree. He would of crumpled if not for the web that stuck him there. He shook his head before he looked up in time to see the monster go for his tiny beast. The scream that ripped itself from his throat as he saw the manables almost sink in was drowned out by the roar of a new beast. Drexl’s mind was blank as he watched Iffy smack the spider back across the river. A long serpentine body coiled itself back up as Journen slashed Drexl from the tree with the curved sword he seemed to always carry, but rarely use. Drexl was shaking as he felt Journen grasp his face to look at him.

“Oi!!! Get a hold of yourself!!! See...this is why I wanted you to talk earlier!” Journen ranted as he turned to the shaking Miqwe. “Iffy. Make sure that monster didn’t bite the little guy.”

Drexl sank to sit as he started to get his lungs back in his control. Journen crouched down to look him in the eye. “Now...my point made and proven. What is wrong, Drexl?”

Drexl looked to Journen. “You...you followed me out here?” Journen nodded. “Why?”

Journen sighed before flopping down to look Drexl square on. He glanced back to the retreated spider as Iffy let out a barking sort of roar. He looked back to Drexl. “Why not? I knew you were not yourself. It worried me to see you like that. Whether or not you consider us friends, I do. So. I look out for my friends.”

Drexl blinked before he felt the tears come. Leaning his head on his knees he broke. It all came out in broken words and shattered breathing. His fears, his doubts...everything. At the end of the hour long venting. Drexl looked back up to Journen who had listened to everything with a warm silence. “That’s all of it.”

Journen reached out, then flicked Drexl on the forehead. “You are worrying about too much. Nothing can be decided on the past. It’s decided in the present. The past is what teaches us how to handle the present, while never preparing us for the future. That’s how life is. You take it one day at a time and never truly have your Fate set in stone. As for all of that...I hear a recurring thing of comfort there. This...Jerami. Seems that when your with him, you forget your fears. That’s good. Keep that one.”

Drexl blinked as he rubbed at his forehead. “You are weird.”

Journen smirked. “I am. Good thing too, or else all you normal people wouldn’t have any fun at all.” he chuckled as he stood up. Helping Drexl stand next. “Now, I’m escorting both of you home. Let’s go.”

As they walked to Drexl’s home the youth inhaled slowly. “Thank you, Journen...you’re a friend I wasn’t expecting…”

Journen nudged his shoulder. “Those are the best sort.”

Word Count :: 1422

Lesson Learned
Drexl always kept the deeper issues in. He didn't want to burden his family with them...he's witnessed that letting everything build and cloud his mind is not for the best. He could of lost his tiny if not for someone actually looking out for him. He knows now, keeping things bottled...will not end well.

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
◈ Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers