Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:36 pm
Item Crafting
Clothing, Skirt

Downtime Pt 1 - Failed!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:02 am
Life Changes, Again
WC - 1986

Dem faces a different kind of change when she loses her mother. Not only is she faced with heart break but she has to confront death in a much personal scale.

Sweat dripped off her face as she trained with her swords in the heat. V’demhe had carved out some time for herself so that she could stay sharp. Of course she had also made sure that the little ones were nowhere near her so that they wouldn’t accidentally get hurt. Dem’s blades were a whirlwind of steel. It was a wonder that she didn’t cut herself. As she went through all the moves she had trained over the years it was like second nature to her. They came just as easily as breathing did. Her muscles welcomed the known workouts.

The fading light of the sun glinted off the beads of liquid that speckled her skin. Some even pooled in small areas, like the small dibbet just above her collarbone. When the wind blew she felt a chill race from one end to the other. Dem wanted to push her body to it’s limits and then some. And she was well on her way to doing that. Already she was feeling the fatigue in her limbs and her breathing was coming in gasps. This was her motivation! Just when it seemed like her body was going to give out she pushed it farther. V’demhe was a stubborn one and she didn’t want her body to be anything less than what her mind was. She was a dangerous woman.

A shrill sound on the wind caused her ears and antennae to give a twitch but it sounded like something from nature so she ignored it. Likely a bird or some animals fighting in the distance. Pushing it from her mind she continued on. Another several minutes like that then she heard another sound that caused her to stop.

“Demmy!!” It was a desperate cry from her baby sister.

Instantly she paused in her training and turned in time to see Keket burst out of the tree line. She had tears on her face and she was running with her eyes shut. Clearly the little one had seen her big sister and made a headlong dash right for her. V’demhe dropped her swords before Ket reached her so that the youngling wouldn’t get hurt. “What is it Ket? What’s wrong?” When impact was made she had to put a foot behind her to avoid being toppled over.

“Its mom! Demmy! I dunno what happened!” The hysterical way she cried and shouted her words sent a different type of chill across Dem’s skin.

Her mother was elderly. She had been even when V’demhe was little. For the span of a second all she could do was stare at the ground. Then a choking sob from her sibling brought her back to the present. “Keket, I need to you go get a healer.” When she noticed that her sister was too busy crying to listen she pulled herself away from the little one’s arms. “Ket! Listen to me. Go get the healer. Where is mother?”

Her hand came up and she pointed off to where she had come. “We were walking by the creek.” V’demhe knew where that was so she nodded her head.

“Go get the healer and meet me back there ok?” When she got an affirmative from Keket she took off on foot.

Even though her body was exhausted and wanted to give out she pushed it. If ever there was a time she needed her body to be strong it was now. Puffing out breaths as she ran, Dem pushed harder and made her legs move faster. She needed to reach her mother and reach her now! So many things were going through her mind. Had V’denri fallen? Was she sick? Was it simply old age!? Or had she been attacked by something? Dem hadn’t gotten much out of her little sister so everything was left to the imagination. Aisha! Were her daughters there with her? Were they watching their grandmother die? “Nyah!!” The thought spurred her on even faster.

Weaving through the trees of Matori’s jungle, V’demhe was like a whirlwind of her own. When there was an upraised root she leapt over it without a second thought. Her footing was sure and her body seemed to understand the urgency. “Mother!!” She cried out desperately.

When she spotted her mother on the ground near the water she forced her legs to stop moving and slid in the dirt. Her abrupt stop caused her to meet the ground, sliding on her bottom, right by her mother. V’denri didn’t seem to be conscious. Dem feared the worst then and shuffled so that she was on her knees and gently lifting her mother up off the ground to be cradled against her. “Mother…” Her voice cracked. V’demhe didn’t know what to do. “Mother.. Wake up.” Even though she wanted to she had to resist the urge to shake her.

There was no response to her voice though. Her chest felt tight as she looked over her mother to see if she was injured. There was nothing that she could see. So Dem looked up and around to see if there was any clue as to what had happened. There was only one good thing that she noticed; Her daughters had not been there.

Ears and antennae drooped a considerable amount as she brought her eyes back to her mother. V’denri was still unresponsive. “No. No, Mother.. Open your eyes.” Panic was slowly creeping up on her. It was like her mind was freezing up on her. Lowering her head to her mother’s chest she checked to see if she was breathing. All color drained from her face when there was nothing to be felt or heard. No telltale whoosh of air. No rise and fall of the chest. Wide eyed and feeling cold she sat up and looked down at her mother in her arms. “No.. Mother… Moma..” A new kind of liquid pooled from her body now. Tears.

As she gathered her mother up and hugged her close she felt her body rocking back and forth as tears made their way down her cheeks. Dem shook her head over and over as she tried to deny what was in front of her. There was no way. Aisha wouldn’t take her mother away. Not like this. Not so soon. She had Keket to look after. V’denri was needed. “Aisha!! Ahhhhh!!” She threw her head back and screamed for her Great Mother to hear her. Water filled eyes stared up at a canopy flecked with sky. “Please! Aisha! Do not take her yet..”

Silence filled the air and V’demhe closed her eyes. Was she too far away from her Great Mother to be heard? Was that why her mother was leaving her? A sound off to the side that was suspiciously like breaking twigs caused her to turn her head. It was Keket. And she had brought the healer. However, even the healer knew from looking at Dem that there was nothing to be done. They looked stricken by the thought that they hadn’t gotten there fast enough. When V’demhe shook her head at them ever so slightly they seemed to understand the silent communication. There was nothing anyone could have done.

The healer turned to leave and let the two of them mourn in peace. Keket timidly approached, her eyes wide and glued to her mother. If it hadn’t been for Ket’s presence Dem likely wouldn’t have put her mother’s body down. But she did, gently. Then she wrapped her arms around Keket when the youngling tried to go to their mother.

“Mother!!!” Ket’s cry pierced through the air ad Dem’s heart.

“Shhh..”
She tried her best to calm the girl, stroking her hair as she held her tight. V’demhe didn’t know what else to do. Death was not something she’d had to personally endure. Life, she had gone through. The joys of being given Galene and Masika and then of knowing Keket. That she was familiar with. But this… this was something new to her altogether.

“No! Demmy! Do something! Save mother!” The little girl fought with her sister tooth and nail. “Do something!” Keket struggled against her sibling until she was too worn out to put up much of a fight anymore.

The whole time Dem could only bear to shush her sister and stroke her hair. It was all the comfort she knew how to give at the moment. Feeling and hearing Ket’s struggled made it more and more difficult for V’demhe to remain in one piece. Once the child had calmed down enough to only marginally put up a fight Dem moved back so that she could look at her sister’s face. “I’m sorry Ket. Mother has gone to join Aisha.” The words were final and to the point. Something she wasn’t sure she really wanted to say but she needed her little sister to understand that V’denri was gone. “Aisha will take care of her.” V’demhe forced herself to smile as she nodded her head at her own words. "She will be embraced and loved by our Great Mother.” She had to be the picture of strength in Keket’s eyes. It tore her apart inside but she knew she couldn’t let Ket see her break down.

“But.. I didn’t get.. I didn’t..” The little Alkidike couldn’t get the words to form on her lips.

“I know. I’m so sorry Keket. You didn’t get the time I did with her.” Dem laned down and placed a kiss to her siblings forehead. “I will tell you all about her. Everything I remember.” It would in no way make up for the time she didn’t get with V’denri but it was all Dem could give her. The memories she had of their mother.

The despondent look on her siblings face made her pull Ket close again. They would go through this loss together. With one another, with the girls, and with Virain. Dem would learn how to deal with losing her mother. She would help her sister through it too.

“I’m sorry Ket.” Beyond words! V’demhe had gotten something that Keket had not and she now felt guilty.

“Demmy… will I have to live with someone else? Will the elders put me with another Alkidike?” Those quiet words had Dem freezing in place. She hadn’t thought about that. Would they take Keket away?

Instantly she shook her head. “No, Honey. You will stay with us. I will protect you and love you just as our mother would want.” Both mothers. V’demhe couldn’t accept that Aisha would take her sister away from her too. That wasn’t how she worked.

When it seemed like she had calmed her sister down enough she let go and shifted her focus back to their mother. V’denri’s body needed to be tended to. And she would need to be taken back to Aisha. V’demhe thought about the trip and wondered if her mother’s remains would make it there before they started to decay. Or could she hold the ceremony here and send her off into the water? Aisha would not be nearby but hopefully the Great Mother would understand. V’denri deserved to be sent to her looking as beautiful as she did now, not later. On top of all of that.. She had to explain to her daughters that they no longer had a Grandmuma. It was going to be a long night.

But first she needed to make sure that her mother had a sending off befitting an Amazon warrior in the service of Aisha. Dem would show Aisha what a loved woman she was getting back. As well as the heartache that was caused by V'denri's departure. The pain was more than anything she had experienced before and she had been shot with a crossbow in the chest as well as sliced open in the back. Physical pain, she decided, was nothing in comparison to what was balling up inside.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:16 am
Item Crafting
Armor, Bracers

A pair for luck - Fail

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:17 am
Item Crafting
Armor, Greaves

Try this - Fail

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:25 pm
A child on her own
WC - 1104

The trip to Oba for the tournament hadn't been all that bad. She'd gotten to fight against a fellow sister. And while she did lose in the first round she didn't feel weak for it. There was a small nagging of pain in her stomach from the slice she'd received during her battle, Dem had ignored it while shopping with her daughter but now it did sting a little. Since Masika was walking ahead with her friends and her brother, Draven, she took the time to pause and check on her wound.

V'demhe poked at her bandages lightly and hissed when the stiffness in them caused a sharp stabbing. Apparently it was time to change them already. Heaving a sigh she reached for her small blade rather than over doing it with one of her dual weapons. Once she had it in her right hand she used her left to lift the edge of the wrap so that she could slide the knife in between it and her skin. With it in place she twisted and watched as the sharp edge cut through the bandages easily. Her dark eyes followed the healer's work as it fell to the ground then came back to look at the wound it had once covered.

“Are you otay misses?” The childish voice of a youngling reached her ears.

In fact she froze for a moment as her long ears twitched in response to the small sound. V'demhe looked up directly in front of her and saw nothing, so she looked to the left and again, no child that seemed to be speaking to her. That only left her other side and behind her.

“Otver here.” Again the child spoke to her, trying to get attention.

Dem turned to her right and gazed into an alley. There, covered in sand and dirt, was a lonely youngling. Instantly her motherly instincts kicked in and she looked around for the parents of the little one. Regardless of whether or not she shared a tribe with this one she was concerned. Something could easily happen to the poor thing if they had no one to look out for them.

“Where are your parents?” The Alkidike didn't want to be rude but that was far more important than whether or not she was alright.

However, once her question was heard and she saw the expression of the child she regretted asking. Clearly the little one didn't know. Or had none. So she quickly put her knife away and took the few steps needed to close the distance between them. Not wanting to seem as though she was towering over the child or being oppressive, so she knelt down to the little one's level and offered a smile.

“Do you have a name?” Aisha's roots she certainly hoped so. If not that meant that either they had never been named or they hadn't been old enough to remember what their parents had called them.

Her fears were recognized when the youngling lifted their shoulders in a clear unsure gesture. Had she not been right in front of them then she might have uttered a curse of some sort right then and there. It took all she had to bite her tongue and not start swearing at any adult that passed the child without trying to help them. Still the name issue had to be resolved.

“Hmn, can I give you a name then? This way I have something to call you?” Dem wanted to just outright name the child; to give them something that belonged to them.

“I guess.” The tiny voice came again.

That uncertainty broke V'demhe's heart. For someone to not want something that would give them a place of belonging made her want to wrap her arms around them and hold them close. Since she didn't know how this child would react she kept her arms to herself. Plus, she didn't want to get her blood on the youngling.

“You are a pretty little girl, so why not Valharii?” Dem wanted to give the girl a strong name to match her will to survive without someone watching over her.

At receiving a name the girl brightened and placed two fingers in her mouth to chew on as she smiled. V'demhe cringed and reached out to pull the fingers away and shook her head. “Don't chew on your fingers little one.” Not only was it unsanitary but she could hurt herself.

“Sorry misses.” A look of shame instantly came over the young girl and she looked away from the Alk.

“Oh no, I'm not angry with you. I just don't want you to hurt yourself.” The way the youngling reacted to the small reprimand made her wonder if she had been yelled at often or even abused. If the latter were true then she'd want to abuse whoever had done it. “Valharii, are you hungry? I'm hungry. Would you like to eat with me?” Dem changed the subject for both the child's sake and her own.

The mention of food had the little hybrid girl nodding her head emphatically. “Yessss!” Her glee was un-containable.

With a reaction like that V'demhe had to smile as well. So she held her hand out for the youngling to take but was almost knocked over when she rushed passed it to hug her. The sudden pressure on her wound made her suck in a breath of pain but she wrapped her arms gently around the girl. “Easy, you'll get blood on you.”

Valharri, the little girl, pulled back and dropped her eyes to the open skin then at her already ruined shirt. It didn't seem to matter to her but she gave a worried expression when she noticed that some of her dirt had rubbed off on the woman. “I didn't meant it.”

The way the child apologized over the small things made her truly want to wring someone's neck. But she waved it off and picked the small girl up. Moving her to the side so that she was balanced on her hip Dem stood and put her other hand over her wound. “I think first we need to find my daughter and see about cleaning this cut and patching me up. What do you think?” She chuckled and gave a wink to the little one in her arms.

“Misses is hurt and needs made better.” She stated firmly as she nodded her head.

So it was with that decree that the two set off to find Masika and see about getting Dem's wound re-bandaged.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:00 pm
A decision to consider
WC - 1013

She had introduced Valharii to Masika and things had gone smoothly. Truly she was blessed with loving children. It seemed her waterbug had been just as concerned about the little girl as she had been. So now she sat, waiting for Masika and her friends to finish up their shopping, with Valharii sleeping in her arms. Or more accurately the girl was draped over her and clinging tightly. It was as if the little one thought that Dem would disappear if she didn't hold on. The thought made her worry about what would happen when she would have to return to Matori.

She couldn't just set the girl down somewhere and walk away. Physically, yes, she could. But there was a strong motherly instinct that screamed against the idea. Even if she hadn't been a mother already she couldn't see herself doing such a thing. So what were the remaining options? Trying to find someone to take the child in? V'demhe knew no one in Oba. There was Eleina, her daughter's friend, but she couldn't just hoist the youngling at her and be like “Here, home this.” Though, her eyes dropped to look at the sleeping girl, Valharii did share a general likeness with the other hybrid. They both had fire and water attributes. Though she was amazed with the fact that the smaller of the two girls had more prominent water markings on her skin.

Valharii whimpered in her sleep and that spurred Dem to reach up and stroke the girl's hair as she shushed her. Whatever was going on in her little mind had clearly scared her and V'demhe hated that even while she was safe in her arms the child felt that way. She slowly started to sway to and fro to help sooth the child back into a peaceful sleep.

There had to be something that she could do to help the girl. It was a shame she couldn't simply take her home with them when they left. Or could she? V'demhe had more or less adopted Draven. He was part of the family even though she had not beseeched Aisha for him. That boy was her son no matter what anyone else said. And she had a fierce protective streak when it came to her children. Valharii would certainly be well cared for if Dem were to bring her into the family. But there was the fact that Virain was not there to give his opinion about the situation.

Truly, the Amazon hated making family decisions like this without her mate there by her side. It effected him as well. Another mouth to feed and make sure was clothed. Since she wasn't sure what to do V'demhe started to chew on her lip ring. It was a habit she'd developed as a girl and still continued to do today. The Alkidike did it whenever she needed to think about something serious. It was a dead give away for her really. One that said, “Hey I'm over here considering something important.” If ever there was something that could be called such it was this. Not only would it change the child's life but it would alter that of her families life as well. Could she do that without first speaking to them all?

Masika had seemed okay enough with the idea that she didn't worry about her. Draven was surely not going to have an objection. Though if he did then Dem would sit down and listen to it. Never would she want him to feel that he was less than any other member of the family. How would Galene feel? Would her other daughter be alright with having a younger sister? One that was so different than her? And Virain? Would he be alright with such a turn of events?

With her twin girls being so different from each other to begin with she didn't think that Galene would have an issue with the way that Valharii looked. She might worry about not getting enough attention though. Not that Dem would ever ignore one of her babies. They were Aisha's gifts to her. Even Draven. Aisha had made sure that he was put in her path. So that left Virain. The mate that had captured her heart. V'demhe could only hope that he would want her heart still after she took in a child that was in need.

That was decided then! V'demhe would take Valharii with her when she made the trip back to Matori. Of course there was a lot to be done before they set out now. She needed to find a place to wash the little girl up and also get her new clothes. The dirty rags that she was in now wouldn't work for travel. And since Valharii seemed a bit light to her she wanted to see about getting the girl a decent meal in her before they set out to anywhere. When Masika came back she would let her know about the choice she was making then ask her for a little help. Since the child was clinging to her and sleeping, for what could be the first time in how long, Dem doubted she would get any actual shopping done if she went. So her daughter and her friends would get to go shopping yet again after they returned. Something that would surely make them happy.

V'demhe chuckled as she shook her head. Now that Valharii had calmed down in her sleep Dem moved her hand down so that she could rub at her back. The mother kept swaying, not wanting to risk waking the sleeping youngling. From now on she would ensure that Valharii's nights included this. A tight hug from someone that cared for and loved her. Safety. It was what all children deserved and she would make sure this one had it too. Just as her girls had. Just as she gave to Draven. Though the older boy didn't get rocked to sleep. He was a bit big for that. Though the idea was an amusing one.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:13 pm
A Summons
WC - 1268 [4 pts]

Something odd was happening. Word had been sent out that she and those of her tribe were being called in early. V'demhe thought that it was strange at first but the more she traveled toward Chibale the more she realized the reason behind the call. It seemed that something sinister was afoot and it spelled disaster for Tendaji. Not only that but the rumors she was hearing of disappearances made her on edge. The number of disappearances increased as she passed from town to town.

The Alk made sure to be extra alert now that she knew the dangers that they were facing. Of course she had nagging thoughts in the back of her mind about all of her children. Were they okay? Should she go back for them? Would they learn about what was going on? Dem took a deep breath as she had to convince herself that they would be alright until she got back. Ignoring the summons of the mystics wasn't a good thing to do and she didn't want to explain to Aisha her selfish reasons behind it. So V'demhe trekked on.

By the time she finally made it to Chibale she was one of the last few to trickle in from across the land. In the past that would have been something that made her feel ashamed but now it didn't. Dem was getting up there in years so her slow pace of travel was just a fact of life for everyone to accept. The good thing about being one of the stragglers meant that she didn't have to wait very long for the elders to start talking to everyone present. When the tall alkidike moved her eyes over to where the mystic was she caught sight of the youngest to join those ranks. She was sure that the girl's name was Dani? Danita? Something along those lines. The name wasn't all that important right now, what she was more interested in was that the disappearances were being mentioned.

As Yansa spoke and mentioned that they had investigated each rumor Dem arched a brow. That meant the rumors had enough merit to cause the elders to want to look into them. Or there were enough of them to give them pause. However, when she found out that the rumors were true she gave a small hiss. If she'd known that sooner then she'd have gone looking as well. Not that she thought she'd find anything more than what Yansa said but.. it would have made her feel like she was doing something more for her people.

"Who would take our sisters?" She spoke aloud and with confusion.

The Eshe moved forward to speak and the crowd grew quiet. V'demhe gave the elderly woman her full attention and waited for her words. Each of which she agreed to, along with many others. Yansa's added words made her snort, though, since she didn't think traveling with someone else would make too many of the sisters happy. After all, the alks were a strong, independent race. Most were wandering around when they were young. So when some of the sisters spoke out against the idea all Dem could do was chuckle. Surely the elders should have known that was going to happen. But as things continued on voices grew louder and seemed to mimic the sound of another argument from years ago.

It was enough to make her pay close attention. When someone from the crowd shouted about the earthlings doing it V'demhe couldn't help but bare her teeth. "Careful sister." She had mated with an earthling and her kids were either half earthling or full earthling. So blaming earthlings was something she wouldn't stand for. She would even go as far as to put a sister down if it got out of hand. Dem didn't play around when a threat to her mixed family arose.

Then the fingers were being pointed at the traitorous alks that had been exiled. Dem wasn't so sure she liked that idea either. After all, Aselia was one of those. V'demhe hadn't given up on her yet. In truth she wasn't so sure that she could. So much had been done to save her as a bloom. She couldn't be evil. Not to such a deep degree.

Then more shouting and another alk took center stage. Condemning the hybrid who had spoke up just moments earlier while Dem had been lost in her thoughts about the other mystic. V'demhe had pride, sure, but she didn't damn hybrids. Her daughters were hybrids and they were just as much daughters of Aisha ash she was. Why did no one else see that? If they came from a bloom then they belonged. Ready to voice that opinion she moved closer toward the sister in question but felt the hush fall over the crowd. Eshe had moved forward once more. This was indeed rare.

Questions were blurted out one after the other and then the mystic seemed to be communing with the Great Mother. They would finally have answers! Or at least they thought they would.

The sound that filled the air and caused the hairs on the back of Dem's neck to rise drew everyone's attention. What they saw, what met their eyes, was a sight that no one wanted to see. The Dretch. Vile creatures. Cries went out and warriors moved. V'demhe was among those that surged forward to defend the others, her blades drawn and at the ready. But she did as the others did. She hesitated in getting too close.

She felt a pull to help the sister that was being held and when the spear took off the veil she glared at the creature. Then it was game on! The alks moved in as fast as they could but when it looked like they might win the Dretch and the sister were gone. Yansa let out a cry of defeat and others seemed to deflate but V'demhe glared even harder at the spot where the sister had been.

"I guess that answers the questions of who took our sisters and how they left no trace." While her comment would give no comfort it would at least give a certainty to the unknowns.

When mention of the scrolls was brought up she turned her head to look at the elders. Dem was no scholar so she would be no help there. But something that Eshe said made her look up. Those who were exiled. They were sisters. It made her wonder if any of them had been taken as well. If they had they may wish to learn how, if one of the Dretch had not revealed themselves to them. It would be bad if they thought that it was the work of those who remained behind.

Before more could be said on the matter, and before she could be saddled with a traveling partner, V'demhe took off. One, she needed to find her children. Two, she had to try again to reach the exiled sisters. They might have extreme views but they were daughters of Aisha! They needed protection just as much as those who still lived on the isles! Not only that but maybe this time she could finally find Aselia and talk to her, see if maybe her views had changed. If there was a way to redeem her and those who had left. V'demhe had never lost hope in them. She had always thought they were simply misguided but that Aisha would bring them back into her fold with pen arms. Maybe this was that way.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:03 pm
Resignation to the fact
WC - 1041 [3 pts]

V'demhe hadn't been home to the isles is such a long time that she hadn't quite left when she'd slipped away from the gathering of sisters to figure out what was going on. Instead she had made a trip to see Aisha. The sight never ceased to amaze her. Their goddess was truly beautiful and provided so much for them. In fact she could still remember when she and her husband, Virain, had come to Aisha with their pleas for a child. They had both been so nervous.

Dem was worried that her lover would be harmed during his trip to this sacred spot but no one had dared to touch him. She would have readily cute off the arm of anyone that tried to hurt him. He had been so much for her. He still was. Virain was her heart. It didn't matter that he was gone now, he still held her heart.

As she stared at the place where they had sat beneath Aisha's leaves she felt prickles at the backs of her eyes and knew tears were starting to form. Before she even had a chance to blink or close her eyes they dripped from the bottom lids and onto her cheeks. An uncontrollable response to the emptiness of her heart. Dem missed Virain. She wanted him and her other daughter back more than anything in the world but she knew by now that if they had not been found or returned on their own that there was little chance they would return in the near future.

A strangled sound of heartache escaped her and she moved toward the spot she had been staring at. It held one of her most precious memory. The moment that she and her lover had had such faith in one another that they had called upon Aisha to bless them for the rest of their lives. When she reached that spot she stopped where Virain had sat and lowered herself to the ground. At first it was to tell herself that she would never lose those memories but the tears grew more bountiful. V'demhe placed one hand on the ground and the other to her chest where her heart ached. [clor=darkgreen]"Virain... Galene..." A gut wrenching whisper of pain spoke their names and she sat for a long time afterwards in silence.

When a few hours had passed and her tears were dried and only the sound of rustling leaves could be heard she took a deep breath and raised her head to look at Aisha. Her pain was known by her goddess, she knew that, not only did she believe that Aisha could sense it she had just displayed her grief at her mother tree's very feet. A breeze moved her braid along her back and kissed the salt that clung to her cheeks, coaxing her to shift her position and lower her head to the ground. Once she was humble enough she lifted up just enough to speak to her goddess.

"Aisha.. if it please you to help the ache I feel from their absence.. I beg you to bless me with a child in his image. My sweet Virain was worthy of you once." Dem knew that her plea would likely fall on deaf ears since Virain's voice was not added in. She would not get a bloom like she had gotten before. There would be no other waterbug gifted into her life. Still... she had to try. "He is gone from me, Aisha. I cannot find my love but surely you can tell I am sincere. Grant me another child like him so that my pain will lessen." Her hands gripped the grass in front of her tightly as if she were grabbing onto her mother's robes, though she did not pull. Instead V'demhe rested where she was, the ache in her heart laid out before Aisha, and stayed vulnerable as she waited for some sign that her great mother had heard her cries.

In truth she did not think that her mother tree would respond to her. Not only did she lack her mate, the very one she wanted to have a child made from his image, but there was something weird going on in the world and it might not be safe for blooms. Let alone a youngling. Not that she couldn’t keep a child safe, she had been doing so for many many years and not just her own but those she chose to adopt. In the long run she guessed she could always adopt more kids who were in need but they would not be like her Masika and Galene. They would not have traces of Virain in their looks. V’demhe never looked at her other children differently but she knew deep down that wished for her mate to return to her. The family she envisioned having with him was too far out of reach now so she wanted to make more of a family that fit her.

She felt selfish for even asking for another child since she had so many already and there were more out there that had lost parents due to conflicts but Dem couldn’t help it. Being home, being back on the isles, and seeing the very place where she and her lover had begged for the start of their family, for the validation from Aisha that they were worthy… it all came back to her and made her want to seek the very same blessing again. Perhaps it was wrong of her but she couldn’t help the strong pull that she felt. After all these years without Virain she wanted to try and heal the gap that was left by his absence.

V’demhe rose her head once more to look at her mother tree. “Please, Aisha, end my suffering.. Grant me a bloom with the likeness of my lost lover.” In this private moment she felt a sense of weakness that she had never felt previously and knew that if it were seen by any of her sisters they would likely look down upon her. Still, after giving one last vocal plea Dem closed her eyes and lowered her head back down to deal with her feelings in silence.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

◈ Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas