Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Inactive School Ground Locations
[Y1: On-Campus] Library Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X Kaos X
Vice Captain

Anxious Character

45,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Wednesday, 15th of December░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂
GoodMorning░ ░

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:49 am
User ImageNICKmmwilliams
mm >>tUser ImageUser Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nick made his way into the library for cleaning. He had been on high alert watching for others in the halls, but it appeared all of the students had gone to the daycare. "Morning," he called into the stacks, assuming the young librarian was hidden somewhere in them. He kept an eye out for the meowstic who had been helping the last time Nick came. He pulled a feather duster off his cart and lifted a small stepladder easily in his left hand. He set up at the nearest shelf, stepping up so he could reach the top of the shelves, and started dusting from the top down. He wasn't particularly concerned with whether it was a very "manly" task or not. "Read any good books?" he asked; he enjoyed cleaning the library since it meant good company. Especially over the quiet of the halls or classrooms after everyone had left.

ooc: hmm, do you suppose Aislin would clean the stacks? I don't want Nick stepping on his toes if so but I just couldn't help but want to pull out a feather duster lol. I guess Nick could actually come every day or every other day to get dust.

User Image
                  Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
                  User Image
                                    N I S C A the Xatu
                                    An odd bird, Nisca usually chooses to remain in Nick's room staring out the window all day. Seems to be the most in tune with what her trainer is thinking.

Gender: Female | Level: 30 | Nature: Timid | Ability: Magic Bounce
                                      Held Item: n/a | Experience: 0/1000
                                      Move Set:

► Air Slash [75] | Flying | Special | 30% chance to flinch | 95% Acc
                                          ► Roost | Flying | Status | Recover half HP and lose flying type for turn
                                          ► Ominous Wind [60] | Ghost | Special | 10% Chance to raise all stats one stage | 100% Acc
                                          ► Confuse Ray | Ghost | Status | Confuses Target | 100% Acc

Friendship Points:
                                      User Image

User Image
                                    S A I C I N the Cinccino
                                    A mouse with a bit of a superiority complex. Saicin is only helpful when Nick is the one asking.

Gender: Female | Level: 30 | Nature: Serious | Ability: Skill Link
                                        Move Set:

► Tail Slap [25] | Normal | Physical | Makes Contact | Hits 2-5 times | 85% Acc
                                            ► Swift [60] | Normal | Special | Ignores changes to accuracy and evasion | 100% Acc
                                            ► Rock Blast [25] | Rock |Physical | Makes Contact | Hits 2-5 times | 90% Acc
                                            ► Sing | Normal | Status | Puts target to sleep | 50% Acc

Friendship Points:
                                        User Image

User Image
                                      C O L M the Braixen
                                      Independent but loyal to Nick, Colm only pays attention to something he finds interesting. He likes to tease, but can lose interest easily.

Gender: Male | Level: 30 | Nature: Sassy | Ability: Magician
                                          Move Set:

► Fire Spin [35] | Fire | Special | Traps target, causing 1/16 max HP as damage for 4-5 turns | 85% Acc
                                              ► Psybeam [65] | Psychic | Special | 10% Chance to confuse | 100% Acc
                                              ► Ember [40] | Fire | Special | 10% Chance to burn | 100% Acc
                                              ► Magic Coat | Psychic | Status | Reflects any move causing status conditions back on the attacker the turn it is used (Priority +4) | 100% Acc

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
                  P O K E B A L L S :

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :

M I S C E L L A N E O U S :

Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:13 am
TheWhiteDragonfly
]

Amaze and Astonish
Blow us all Away

Aislin Montero
-Multilingual Librarian-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]

Aislin had been stocking the librarie's shelfs with the takback cart when he heard a familiar voice. Taking out of the books from the bookshelf so he could actually see and talk to Nick, he smiled.
"Alo" he said before thinking about the question of whether or not he had read any good books lately.
"I re-read The Prince and the Pauper a few days back" he said taking out a book and checking the number stamped on the side. History. Now how in the world had that gotten here. "Not sure if it counts as good, but I certainly liked it. It was my favorite as a kid"
After his episode at the lamia district, Aislin had found himself keeping only the company of his pokemon. He had been running low on energy and had spent most of the week either at the library or at his room.
He was just now starting to break out of that, and had started cooking from scratch again-although whether that was a good sign or not he still wasn't sure. He had also started keeping up with battles. His family wasn't very into trainer culture but Ash sure was. He had been a battlehead in his childhood and had even joined a battle club of his own back in school.
It was defienetly a good sign that he had the energy to be enthusiastic about it.
"Oh I'm starting this horror thriller but...it's in Spanish.I've mostly been reading training manuals since the televised tournaments picked up again. " he said dropping the book back on the cart. Equis, who was lounging there, slowed it's fall and placed it down gently.
"What about you mon ami? Read anything good? Or are you here to find something good? I can help with that." his smile, went from friendly to suggestive and he batted his eyelashes at the janitor "or did you come here cause you love spending time with me? It's okay to admit it. I'm pretty adorable"

P O K E M O N
      ► P A R T Y
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        Pokemon: Togekiss
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Level: 30
        Nature: Timid
        Ability: Serene Grace
        Experience:
        Move Set:

► Air Slash
            ► Nasty Plot
            ► Roost
            ► Thunder Wave

Pokemon: Meowstic
              Friendship Points:
              User Image
              Nature: Bold
              Ability: Prankster
              Experience:
              Move Set:
                  ► light screen
                  ► reflect
                  ► Thunder Wave
                  ► Psychic

Pokemon: Lileep
                    Friendship Points:
                    User Image
                    Nature: Calm
                    Ability: Storm Drain
                    Experience:
                    Move Set:

► Stealth Rock
                        ► Giga Drain
                        ► Ancient Power
                        ► Toxic

Oh I'm sorry, am I talkin too loud?
Sometimes I get overexcited, shoot off at the mouth
I promise that I'll make you all proud

ooc: jfc Ash this is why we don't take you places emotion_facepalm

I love these two as budding friends so much. This is my favorite interaction right now lol.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:05 am
User ImageNICKmmwilliams
mm >>tUser ImageUser Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Prince and the Pauper, huh?" Nick continued cleaning the shelves, but now he was remembering the sunny streets of Olivine City. "You might be surprised, but I liked that one too. Pity it couldn't be real." As a kid, he'd imagined switching places with some prince plenty of times. Those kinds of books hadn't appealed to him long though: reality hit sooner rather than later.

Nick chuckled to himself. "This keeps up and I might have to have you teach me Spanish yourself." It wouldn't be a bad skill to pick up. Aislin mentioned he'd been watching the televised tournaments- he really did like battling, didn't he? Nick wondered idly what Aislin's skill in battle was.

Nick stepped down to the floor and turned to find Aislin battling lashes. He had to admit, the kid was definitely a heartbreaker with that face. Nick couldn't help passing by to ruffle Ash's hair on his way back to his cart, "Sure, kid." He wanted to see Aislin's reaction but his own face was to his cart as he pulled out a cloth to wipe down the tables where the students worked. "I haven't had time for reading recently," he said, a strange look on his face. "I wouldn't mind a suggestion. Mystery?" The brief shadow that had passed over his face disappeared.

User Image
                  Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
                  User Image
                                    N I S C A the Xatu
                                    An odd bird, Nisca usually chooses to remain in Nick's room staring out the window all day. Seems to be the most in tune with what her trainer is thinking.

Move Set:

► Ominous Wind [60] | Ghost | Special | 10% Chance to raise all stats one stage | 100% Acc

Friendship Points:
                                      User Image

User Image
                                    S A I C I N the Cinccino
                                    A mouse with a bit of a superiority complex. Saicin is only helpful when Nick is the one asking.

Move Set:

► Swift [60] | Normal | Special | Ignores changes to accuracy and evasion | 100% Acc

Friendship Points:
                                        User Image

User Image
                                      C O L M the Braixen
                                      Independent but loyal to Nick, Colm only pays attention to something he finds interesting. He likes to tease, but can lose interest easily.

Move Set:

► Fire Spin [35] | Fire | Special | Traps target, causing 1/16 max HP as damage for 4-5 turns | 85% Acc
                                              ► Magic Coat | Psychic | Status | Reflects any move causing status conditions back on the attacker the turn it is used (Priority +4) | 100% Acc

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
                  P O K E B A L L S :

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :

Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
              Ahh, I knoww ;w; this little flirt tho <3

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:20 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
]

Amaze and Astonish
Blow us all Away

Aislin Montero
-Multilingual Librarian-

Aislin couldn't help the flash of irritation that passed him -he almost pouted but he didn't! Okay!- when Nick called him kid and ruffled his hair.
"Dude, I'm 25" he muttered. "that's like...basically middle age"
That was not the exactly the kind of attention he had been hoping for.
But I mean it was nice.
But still.
When Nick said he had read The Prince and The Pauper he perked up. Taking a moment to think when he said it was a pity it wasn't real.
"Not completely no. Mark Twain often wrote about the struggles of poor children. He considered himself a chronicler of the grim realities of life and often critized them and how we respond and sometimes create them.But!"
At this Aislin jumped down from the ladder, managing to land on his feet ( lucky he remembered to bend his knees or that would have hurt) "he also wrote...happy endings? Tom Sawyer got to run off with Huck. And the Prince learned how to treat people decently and the pauper and his family were well off" he stopped, took a moment to think, of the grimness he had seen in his life-not much in comparison to others but still pretty...well, grim- then shot the older man a grin "I think he's onto something y'know. There's always reason for hope"
He raised an eyebrow when Nick mentioned he might want to learn Spanish. "We can set up private tutoring" he mentioned picking up a book from the cart and examining it. It was a book on...grief counseling? Now why would an elementary school have that here?
I think I read this one, he mused. Way back when. Good author. Horrible subject.
"I can show you the way around my native tongue" he offered tossing the book back in the cart.
"That's understandable" he said starting to push the cart when Nick said he hadn't had time to read. Working as a handyman had to be streneous. And Aislin imagined the hours weren't exactly regulated. "I don't sometimes either if you'd believe it" he added the last part almost as an afterthought. "Sometimes...life just gets busy no?" he perked up again when Nick asked for help. "Qui? Mou? A mystery?" he said, eyes scanning the vast library as though he could see every serial number.
He couldn't but he had memorized them.
"That would be...west wing, lower section. Fiction? And do you have a preference for pokemon in the stories?"
Equis was already levitating some books, making them float over to them for Aislin to look at. Leaning against the cart, the librarian studied the selection before looking back at Nick with a lazy grin, waiting for a response.

P O K E M O N
      ► P A R T Y
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

► Air Slash
            ► Nasty Plot
            ► Roost
            ► Thunder Wave

Friendship Points:
              User Image
              Experience:
              Move Set:
                  ► light screen
                  ► reflect
                  ► Thunder Wave
                  ► Psychic

Friendship Points:
                    User Image
                    Experience:
                    Move Set:

► Stealth Rock
                        ► Giga Drain
                        ► Ancient Power
                        ► Toxic

Oh I'm sorry, am I talkin too loud?
Sometimes I get overexcited, shoot off at the mouth
I promise that I'll make you all proud

ooc: this boy is somehow both "happy and pure" and a "sinnamon roll" all at once.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:45 pm
User ImageNICKmmwilliams

Nick chuckled to himself. Well, yeah, but... if Aislin considered himself middle aged... "Oh? Then what do you consider me? An old man?" He was glad the librarian had ended up being someone he could joke with instead of old and stuffy. He wasn't sure if Aislin was flirting or just acting normal around him, but Nick didn't mind.

Aislin began talking about Mark Twain. That must be the author of the book. Nick had never really thought much beyond the book itself, but the way Aislin was talking about the meaning behind it, it reminded him of... well, it made him smile.

Nick was half-focusing on the tables he was rubbing down but at the sound of Aislin's feet thumping to the floor he glanced up. He hoped his face got across the "and you say you're not a kid" thoughts running through his head. He was still athletic, sure, but damn if he was going to be risking a knee injury if it wasn't necessary. Aislin's ending point about hope made him pause. He honestly wasn't sure how he felt about it...maybe that it was nice to think of, though he didn't really believe in it. But, did hope make someone lazy and lead to disappointment, or did it provide motivation? "Mm, perhaps. Hard work, that's what never lets me down."

Nick wasn't sure if Aislin was joking about private tutoring, but if he could manage it with their schedules he would hold him to it. With whatever little time he would have here. It would be something to do when he couldn't sleep, at least. He chuckled to himself at Aislin's comment about life getting busy. "That it does." He didn't feel bad about being amused.

Nick was impressed by that meowstic's helpfulness. Just while they were talking, it had easily fetched a few possibilities. His eyes trailed after one floating book until it reached Aislin, leaning against his cart. Now there is someone comfortable in their own skin. He tucked the cloth he was using into his pocket and pulled out a dry one to make sure the table wasn't too wet. "Pokemon? Hmm, no preference.
    Except...make it one that isn't obvious."
    He had a feeling including pokemon might result in any "mystery" being exceedingly obvious. Hopefully Aislin could pick something that worked.

User Image
                  Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
                  User Image
                                    N I S C A the Xatu

Move Set:

Friendship Points:
                                      User Image

User Image
                                    S A I C I N the Cinccino

Move Set:

Friendship Points:
                                        User Image

User Image
                                      C O L M the Braixen

Move Set:

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
                  P O K E B A L L S :

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :

Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
              Ho ho, Nick doesn't mind ;D He was totally messing with Aislin with that head rub haha

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:32 am
TheWhiteDragonfly
]

Amaze and Astonish
Blow us all Away

Aislin Montero
-Multilingual Librarian-

Aislin couldn't help but feel like a kid caught up in his own trap when Nicks asked what him being 'basically middle age' meant for him.
He certainly didn't consider him an old man.
He recovered quickly however.
"I consider you a person of interest mon ami, but that is as they say neither here nor there"
He looked up in interest when Nick said he trusted hard work. Now that was interesting, did he not put much stock in hope?
I mean it sure as hell beats pixie dust. He thought as he mulled this over in his head.
He actually hesitated, not sure for once if he wanted to say what he thought on the subject. It had always been apparent to him that he and Nick came from different walks of life. Aislin wouldn't lie and say he didn't have it easy. His family was loaded, he had worked for his grades but with his aunt working in the school district he had also gotten his foot in on the door, and he never had to worry about providing for anyone save himself.
He was literally working here because he wanted to. Nick on the other hand didn't seem to have had such an easy time.
Still...
"I think,,,work is what keeps you living, it keeps you alive" he said looking down at the cart, eyes roaming the books but not really seeing them "but hope...hope for a better tomorrow....that's what makes life worth living and staying alive for."
He knew a thing or two about being hopeless after all.
When Nick said he would rather not have pokemon make things too obvious,
he signaled to Equis again, the psychic type took some books back and floated over some new ones. With a decicive air, Aislin plucked 3 books out of the air they were floating in, while Equis took the rest back to the shelf.
"Read these three, then tell what you think, and based on that I can find you more" he told the janitor with a smile "I'll check them out for you, come on"

P O K E M O N
      ► P A R T Y
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

► Air Slash
            ► Nasty Plot
            ► Roost
            ► Thunder Wave

Friendship Points:
              User Image
              Experience:
              Move Set:
                  ► light screen
                  ► reflect
                  ► Thunder Wave
                  ► Psychic

Friendship Points:
                    User Image
                    Experience:
                    Move Set:

► Stealth Rock
                        ► Giga Drain
                        ► Ancient Power
                        ► Toxic