Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:09 pm
Xaven the Raven
I have been taking geology classes in my spare time I can do a geology special thing for outdoors class if wanted, needed.

I don't know that I could do a permanent teacher, but I could definetly do a sub and that lesson. Geology is more than just rocks.

Things I can cover include,

How to tell if an area floods, what to do of you are stuck in a river, what kind of plants grow based off parent rock, and quite a few other things. This kind of knowledge seems helpful, especially for trainers.

Thank you for volunteering, but we already have an Outdoor teacher and unless the current teacher decides to step down then we are not opening the position.

Also, we cannot include a character just for the purpose of teaching one topic. Geology is not a class that we have included in this guild's curriculum, therefore it would just be a one-time only class and it does not make sense to create one character just for a "one-time" class.

I'll admit, it sounds interesting and something that would benefit the students, but it is just not possible at the moment.

Something else I must mention is that I would like for you to focus more on your character. You have been with the guild for some time now and I see you active in the chat and other threads, but I do not see you posting your character. You've been more active RP-wise and I'm happy to see that so I'd like for you to continue and not try to create other characters.

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:27 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
Shadow of Miracles

I wasn't trying to insult you or the crew. Sorry to bother.
I don't think you got what I was trying to say but I do see your point.

I know you weren't trying to, it was just a very vague suggestion and that's probably why the message was lost.

In every guild that has a school setting there are some "must-have" happenings that are always excepted to be seen.

Holidays are a major thing and they are always celebrated one way or another in every active guild on Gaia. So when I say that it is a very obvious suggestion then that is what I meant. Of course, we're going to include events related to holidays and non-holiday celebrations. We don't talk about it or draw attention to it because we want it to be a surprise for everyone.

If you had made a suggestion that included an idea about an event for Halloween or a different celebration or holiday then that is more helpful and something that we can work with.

However, when a suggestion is very vague then its very hard to make a reply and it places the person in an awkward situation. Your suggestion needed more detail.

We wanted to keep things as a surprise for everyone, but yes we do have plans for Halloween. That is why we timeskip to a date that is close to October 31st.

Anyways, I am sorry. All we ask is that future suggestions are more thought out, thank you.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:26 am
Shadow of Miracles
Xaven the Raven
I have been taking geology classes in my spare time I can do a geology special thing for outdoors class if wanted, needed.

I don't know that I could do a permanent teacher, but I could definetly do a sub and that lesson. Geology is more than just rocks.

Things I can cover include,

How to tell if an area floods, what to do of you are stuck in a river, what kind of plants grow based off parent rock, and quite a few other things. This kind of knowledge seems helpful, especially for trainers.

Thank you for volunteering, but we already have an Outdoor teacher and unless the current teacher decides to step down then we are not opening the position.

Also, we cannot include a character just for the purpose of teaching one topic. Geology is not a class that we have included in this guild's curriculum, therefore it would just be a one-time only class and it does not make sense to create one character just for a "one-time" class.

I'll admit, it sounds interesting and something that would benefit the students, but it is just not possible at the moment.

Something else I must mention is that I would like for you to focus more on your character. You have been with the guild for some time now and I see you active in the chat and other threads, but I do not see you posting your character. You've been more active RP-wise and I'm happy to see that so I'd like for you to continue and not try to create other characters.

Thank you.

Sure, i got you. I can also do a write up for the topic

I get the focus on my character thing. I worked 70 hours this week, otherwise i would have posted waaaaay more  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:25 am
I think classes need to have a series of set bonuses, like completing battle class grants characters knowledge of types, out door let's you teach hms (with special written approval required to use them)

This could also gate later areas, as a grotto in the forest might require cut, nighttime pokemon might require flash, and so on. Characters who don't have a poke that could get to those areas could go with a friend, if it makes sense. (Do duo could only carry 1 person, but pidgeott could carry 2)

Also, a garden club to grow berries is an idea I had. Say for every 3 days attendance in the club the char will get 1 Berry at the end of the term/time skip for each Berry they plant)

Sorry if this is hard to follow, I'm at work  

Xaven the Raven

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:11 pm
I stated this in the ooc, but if it's not already planned, an abandoned town dating before ordell was built could be revealed for the halloween event. It could be off limits, so students would have to sneak out to get there.

It would ba a good place for ghost types and such, possibly even fighting types that occasionally appear in a dojo, and could have parts that are off limits like in the city. (Square, temple, dojo, fishermans dock)

My other idea is a little selfish. I'm doing landscapes for practice speed painting, i would love if some could become new areas in the guild  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:10 am
We need an occ forum, not just a thread. That way we can do stuff like make polls about characters and have detailed character plotting threads for small groups

Also, approved character's profiles need to be broken up by house.  

Xaven the Raven

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:29 am
Xaven the Raven

I apologize for how long it took to reply to these suggestions ^^;;

1) We have thought of bonuses in the past but it's hard to give out RP bonuses that aren't an item or something of the like. TMs and HMs are tricky and we do have plans to use HMs like the game uses them to reach certain areas. However that would be in the future so at the moment all I can say is to be patient. My plan was to give students TMs that's tied with the class they were taking but of course they would not be anything over the top.

2) Creating an abandoned town is easier said than done mostly because of how we would have to go and explain it's existence. I have created the lore for this guild and adding a factor like an abandoned town would mean I have to make changes to the lore which I am not willing to do. However there is a Halloween event where you will be able to catch Halloween theme pokemon.

3) A forum for chatting is definitely not needed. We have several forums already and I have plans for creating more. I don't want there to be overcrowding so I'm only choosing forums that are absolutely needed. If you want character polls then you can use your own character profile for that. Discussion of plots between characters can stay in the OOC thread, but if you need more organization then please take it to PMs where you can save messages and manage ideas better. I do agree that profiles need to be better organize so we will work on separating them by House 3nodding

Once again I'm really sorry for my late reply but thank you for your suggestions!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:43 pm
Shadow of Miracles

Once again I'm really sorry for my late reply but thank you for your suggestions!

Life gets all of us, I forgot how much I'd spammed in here... sorry about that. I'm not crew, but I'm good at mechanics and tables, feel free to ask me for help.

Only thing I'd have to say would be the thing about the abandoned town. If the idea interests you, keep reading, if not, just ignore me, I always do.

Depending on how old the history of the region is, how long the town connected to ordell is, and what cultures the religion takes influence from, it's doable. When I say town, it would be an old village tops, with like 5 buildings with a corner still upright.

If the town around Ordell came about as the school was being made, it wouldn't be hard to imagine an old fishing village that was abandoned when the government bought the land for the school. Heck, even if the town had been there through the 80s it's not too far fetched. Given that Ordell is part school, part high security fortress, and part nature preserve, I'd imagine at least a few people werected displaced in its construction.  

Xaven the Raven

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:45 am
Can we get a blurb or announcement asking people to link or post their character photo in the contest list? I'm on mobile, so it's hard to flip between tabs and remember who I was looking for.

Also, the thread will serve as a photo album for the contest in year 1  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:48 am
Xaven the Raven
Can we get a blurb or announcement asking people to link or post their character photo in the contest list? I'm on mobile, so it's hard to flip between tabs and remember who I was looking for.

Also, the thread will serve as a photo album for the contest in year 1

Our Vice Captain, Hitsukei, has been working putting the images together of the contestants 3nodding we will be posting the list in the first page of the Chills by the Count Thread topic.

So please go check it out ^^  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

London the Carbink

Ursine Donator

1,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:12 pm
heart

I'm here again for some questioning suggestion time! I am really in love with the guild and as well as the Questionnaire Box. I have frequently visited the questionnaire box and since I am deeply concerned about the questionnaire box cat_4laugh I would love to propose making a Frequently Asked Questions or FAQs at the first post of the thread. In that way, people could have just take a quick glance look at the FAQs when having a question that is common. The staff of this guild will also benefit from this as they will have more time devoting in the interaction of the characters and other work that must be done. The contents of the FAQs would be the common ones like evolution,
and TMs and other such. I hope you get my point. heart

Anyway, thanks for taking the time in reading my proposal and I hope it will find you well. Bye! cat_blaugh emotion_kirakira

heart

Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces