Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:36 pm
Some sort of queue for pokemon that are coming up so it doesn't feel like getting a pokemon now might come at the expense of a chance at pokemon you really want later. Call it something like "Migration Charts" on the pokegear or something.

While I know the rares are meant to be a surprise, quite a few people haven't caught pokemon because nothing feels safe right now, we have limited slots, and if you catch your 2 pokemon now, only for a rare to come up at the end of the year, there is not assurance that pokemon will come back, and it might be one you really wanted.

I also understand the approach of not wanting players to plan teams, which is totally fair. Honestly, I try not to plan when it comes to this because the characters are supposed to be learning about pokemon, not hunting down like some sort of min maxxer in a dnd game.

but at the same time, a little heads up would be nice. That is all.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:04 pm
Xaven the Raven
Some sort of queue for pokemon that are coming up so it doesn't feel like getting a pokemon now might come at the expense of a chance at pokemon you really want later. Call it something like "Migration Charts" on the pokegear or something.

While I know the rares are meant to be a surprise, quite a few people haven't caught pokemon because nothing feels safe right now, we have limited slots, and if you catch your 2 pokemon now, only for a rare to come up at the end of the year, there is not assurance that pokemon will come back, and it might be one you really wanted.

I also understand the approach of not wanting players to plan teams, which is totally fair. Honestly, I try not to plan when it comes to this because the characters are supposed to be learning about pokemon, not hunting down like some sort of min maxxer in a dnd game.

but at the same time, a little heads up would be nice. That is all.

What we currently have is fine.

The whole point of limited Poke Balls is to avoid players creating an army of Pokemon. If you have a pokemon in mind then simply be patient and wait for that Pokemon to appear.

Many people have created their Dream Team and we take that into consideration when we give a new list of rare Pokemon.

Thank you for your suggestion, but it is denied. The simply answer to this problem is to be patient, no one is pressuring anyone into catching Pokemon; that is all your choice.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:39 am
Shadow of Miracles

fair enough, thank you for the response  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:28 am
Xaven the Raven
Shadow of Miracles

However, I do like the idea of a migration chart.

We wouldn't say what pokemon are arriving but maybe there's a storm coming and it's pushing more water pokemon to appear in ordell

So the chart would say what type of pokemon might appear more.

We will be using that idea and making changes to adapt it to our guild system so thank you for your cooperation 3nodding  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:59 am
Shadow of Miracles
Xaven the Raven
Shadow of Miracles

However, I do like the idea of a migration chart.

We wouldn't say what pokemon are arriving but maybe there's a storm coming and it's pushing more water pokemon to appear in ordell

So the chart would say what type of pokemon might appear more.

We will be using that idea and making changes to adapt it to our guild system so thank you for your cooperation 3nodding

I'm glad something was usable in all that, and i look forward to it. With the use of drought/sunny day in the campsite, it might be a good chance to implement it, or with the next weather class  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:04 am
It'd be kinda cool if down the road we had subtopics for the different regions. Since students at most boarding school have the option of returning home during breaks and holidays. The topics could further become locked during the school year so that it doesn't retract from the academy rps.
This would again give good rp-ing opportunities ( I'm already plotting with some of Marcus' friends to have them visit during the summer and such >> )  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:24 am
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
It'd be kinda cool if down the road we had subtopics for the different regions. Since students at most boarding school have the option of returning home during breaks and holidays. The topics could further become locked during the school year so that it doesn't retract from the academy rps.
This would again give good rp-ing opportunities ( I'm already plotting with some of Marcus' friends to have them visit during the summer and such >> )

This was always the plan down the road. However because of over crowding this idea will take some time to do. You may not see this until 2nd or 3rd Academy year. Like always we ask for patience but this is not an immediate concern for us  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:55 pm
Maybe it's because I really want a bagon for Marcus but um..cave setting? Like it could be a cave somewhere in the forest or something like that, that way it'd make sense and rock pokemon, as well as cave pokemon could be caught.

Also maybe a lake to fish for pokemon or a shore ( since the school's near the ocean) or both for fresh and salt water types respectively. Fishing could just be a simple number generation game..like how we catch the rares.  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:25 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
Maybe it's because I really want a bagon for Marcus but um..cave setting? Like it could be a cave somewhere in the forest or something like that, that way it'd make sense and rock pokemon, as well as cave pokemon could be caught.

Also maybe a lake to fish for pokemon or a shore ( since the school's near the ocean) or both for fresh and salt water types respectively. Fishing could just be a simple number generation game..like how we catch the rares.

Just because we create a cave, that does not mean that Dragon Pokemon would be available for capture.

There will be more threads created where more Pokemon will be available to catch. There was always a plan to include a Lake as well several obvious locations for Pokemon, but these things take time so please be patient. I can assure you that we have thought of nearly every possible location for finding new pokemon so these kind of suggestions are not needed.

Also please be more considerate of others. If you make suggestions for the purpose of helping your character (which you have clearly shown in this suggestion) then it will be denied.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:50 am
Shadow of Miracles
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Just because we create a cave, that does not mean that Dragon Pokemon would be available for capture.

There will be more threads created where more Pokemon will be available to catch. There was always a plan to include a Lake as well several obvious locations for Pokemon, but these things take time so please be patient. I can assure you that we have thought of nearly every possible location for finding new pokemon so these kind of suggestions are not needed.

Also please be more considerate of others. If you make suggestions for the purpose of helping your character (which you have clearly shown in this suggestion) then it will be denied.

I was going by bulbapedia ..though I'll give you that Bagon is rough terrain/mountain...I just couldn't picture mountains that close to the shore.
I wasn't trying to 'help my character' ( I'm actually unsure of what you mean by that) but more thinking of other people who also wanted to catch dark ghost and steel types and was thinking of a place that would make sense and would be realistic to the setting)
I'm sorry that it didn't read that way sweatdrop but thanks for answering ~  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:12 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

"Maybe it's because I really want a Bagon for Marcus but...cave setting?" this is what I meant by helping your character. You started your suggestion by mentioning that you wanted an specific pokemon for your character so you mention a cave in hopes to find that pokemon for your character. This is helping your character first and helping others second.

The thought of thinking of others came after so it was not the main focus of your suggestion. I have already mentioned that we have thought of several threads for catching more pokemon and that all we ask is for patience.

The rarest type or hardest type to find are usually dragons and fire pokemon. So these will be often times difficult to obtain and not readily available  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:44 pm
I have been taking geology classes in my spare time I can do a geology special thing for outdoors class if wanted, needed.

I don't know that I could do a permanent teacher, but I could definetly do a sub and that lesson. Geology is more than just rocks.

Things I can cover include,

How to tell if an area floods, what to do of you are stuck in a river, what kind of plants grow based off parent rock, and quite a few other things. This kind of knowledge seems helpful, especially for trainers.  

Xaven the Raven

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:32 pm
give aways and events for halloween and holydays.
A lot of other guilds do this, and they're usually a hit and keep people active.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:39 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
give aways and events for halloween and holydays.
A lot of other guilds do this, and they're usually a hit and keep people active.

We just finished the Lamia Festival where there were at least 3 different give aways and people walked out with 5+ items (at least the ones that actually participated).

Doing another give away when we just finished doing like three give aways is not a good idea.

Thank you, but we have some plans ahead to keep things fun for everyone.

And yes they will include holidays because it is a must in every school setting  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:54 pm
Shadow of Miracles

I wasn't trying to insult you or the crew. Sorry to bother. I never thought my simple idea would offend any of the crew or insult their creativity. I'd like to apologize for that since you pointed out that I did and everyone in this guilds been so nice.
My ideas are never to just do at the moment, they're usually for stuff down the line. I just write them down because I tend to forget them otherwise...I'm not really saying to do them right now.
What I meant with the giveaway is something other guilds used to do. They would just theme something ( so like for halloween we'd get a pokemon that was orange or black...or themed hms...stuff like that..not with participating in games either it'd just be like the giveaways you do after timeskips. It'd get us to rp more because...we just got all this cool s**t so of course we wanna try it out..it'd also be themed for other days like Christmas, labor day, ect..there's actually a lot of ways to get creative with it.
I don't think you got what I was trying to say but I do see your point.And again I never meant to insult anyone's creativity..or insult anyone period.
Again I'm really sorry~ (I hope this explained things a bit better.)  
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff