Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:51 pm
Prairiefox
Klayko

Thank you for the suggestions and we understand many of these issues already.

However- while we were going to make an announcement when it was completed- the captain and crew have been working on a renovation this past week and a half on the rules, cover page and anywhere else that's needing updating so that they can be better understood as well as look neater.

Due to our busy work schedules it's been hectic to say the least but the updates are going to be posted soon and like I said an announcement will be made to make everyone aware of the changes. Thank you for noticing these problems but don't worry we're on top of it like King Kong on the Empire State Building (best metaphor I could come up with...)

lol that's great ^^

It was just some things I noticed the night before and was told to offer suggestions. I look forward to roleplaying and see what you all plan to do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:53 am
I've been thinking about this for a while so Imma put it here.
An event where families of students come to the school (like a Parent Teacher Conference or an Open House or Family Night (since its a boarding school) would be a really interesting arc and get some good rp opportunities (especially for those who have family drama at home)  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:55 pm
Thank you for your suggestion. A money system has always been on our thoughts, but at the moment this is a future endeavor. The simple answer is that it is too soon to introduce any kind of money system to the guild.

The students are just starting out and they're very young and rather than the students receive money, we hope for students to earn money by doing jobs. Again this is an idea that is best saved for the future when the students are allowed to make money.

Also, besides just creating the money system, a shop would need to be set up and that is a long difficult process as well because the Crew would need to discuss what items would be allowed to be sold (no Pokeballs) and the prize as well as the quantity and such.

We have plans for discussing a money and shop system in the future but at the moment we are only focusing on things for this academy year.

Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately it is just too early to begin thinking about a system like this and we might not get around to it until next year.

SoundVVave
So a small idea regarding maybe a campus store AND a way to give the students money to buy pokeballs~

Money:
So there's a boarding school near here that has the rule that you aren't allowed to leave campus unless you have the grades. The idea is that once the student shows good behavior (showing up to class and all that), they are allowed to be sent money to buy things from campus (maybe shops from the city). These things aren't necessities, which is something the school provides, but more extras.
To keep it fair, a student is only allowed to be sent a set amount each time skip. This is so everyone gets the same amount and no one needs to go study the wealth status of all the students XD

School Shop:
This place could sell basics (pokeballs, berries for the pokemon to hold, maybe some items) and maybe even an occasional rare item. Limited stock or have it last like a day or two.

Shadow of Miracles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:57 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
An event where families of students come to the school (like a Parent Teacher Conference or an Open House or Family Night (since its a boarding school) would be a really interesting arc and get some good rp opportunities (especially for those who have family drama at home)

Thank you for your suggestion. This is a very good idea that we have thought about doing and we will definitely do something like this next academy year. Unfortunately, it is not something that can be achieved this academy year.

Also there would need to be some rules established regarding making a post as a parent.

Nonetheless, there will be a chance for the parents to appear in the academy.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:14 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Thank you for your suggestion. This is a very good idea that we have thought about doing and we will definitely do something like this next academy year. Unfortunately, it is not something that can be achieved this academy year.

Also there would need to be some rules established regarding making a post as a parent.

Nonetheless, there will be a chance for the parents to appear in the academy.

Thank you for answering 3nodding
I have some plot ideas for my characters so this helps me adjust them so that they run smoothly with the overall plot.
I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us~  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:18 pm
Shadow of Miracles

Thank you for replying to my suggestion X3  

SoundVVave

Anxious Marshmallow

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:32 am
1. I'm digging the new rules thread. It's a lot more organized
But with the move request form, it's never specified where we post the request. Unless we just PM them? That should be clarified, I feel.

2. You guys mentioned you're redo-ing friendship points, but the guide to them in the rules seems to not have changed? How are friendship points working now?
Edit: I realized that's more a question than anything. My bad yo  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:53 am
I'd be kinda cool if the teachers could be involved in both catching and battling. Like maybe have a double battle kind of tournament where a teacher from each house could participate ( like a battle between the houses) My old high school used to have this basketball game where the faculty could participate just for that one game and it was pretty fun.
If not...could there be a way for Harvey's Monferno to evolve?  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:43 pm
DJ Double B
But with the move request form, it's never specified where we post the request. Unless we just PM them? That should be clarified, I feel.

2. You guys mentioned you're redo-ing friendship points, but the guide to them in the rules seems to not have changed? How are friendship points working now?

Thanks for pointing that out! Actually you do PM the form to the captain ^^

As we go through the friendship points and our logs we will give an announcement giving a proper explaination ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:02 pm
Prairiefox
DJ Double B

Thanks for pointing that out! Actually you do PM the form to the captain ^^

As we go through the friendship points and our logs we will give an announcement giving a proper explaination ^^

Ok cool, thanks!  

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:23 am
The next theme for rares needs to be swords.

Scyther, ralts male, pawniard, honedge, kabuto (?), kricketot

Farfetchd maybe, and if I'm missing any, someone let me know

Shadow of Miracles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:59 pm
Xaven the Raven

Shadow of Miracles

The rare sightings have already been chosen but thank you for your suggestion. We may do something similar with a sword theme in the future.

Also please do not requote me. I will answer when I am available so please be patient, thank you  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:26 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Xaven the Raven

Shadow of Miracles

The rare sightings have already been chosen but thank you for your suggestion. We may do something similar with a sword theme in the future.

Also please do not requote me. I will answer when I am available so please be patient, thank you

Sorry about that, couldn't remember if the etiquette was to quote or wait. It's been a while since I was in this part of the guild  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:13 am
Here are some things

1) My school did this thing called a club rush where each club would get a booth, it was also themed like one was set up like a carnival with games, another had a Valentine's Day theme.
Each club got a booth so students would learn about it and see if they wanted to join.
I know we just did a festival but I figured I'd put it here.

2) House battle tournament.
I have this idea of having the houses compete against each other. It'd get everyone in the houses to roleplay with each other and battle. ( I know you guys are trying to get us to roleplay outside our comfort zone/with people we don't usually roleplay)...any kind of competiion between houses would get this done I just figured pokemon..battle.  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:07 am
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
Here are some things

1) My school did this thing called a club rush where each club would get a booth, it was also themed like one was set up like a carnival with games, another had a Valentine's Day theme.
Each club got a booth so students would learn about it and see if they wanted to join.
I know we just did a festival but I figured I'd put it here.

2) House battle tournament.
I have this idea of having the houses compete against each other. It'd get everyone in the houses to roleplay with each other and battle. ( I know you guys are trying to get us to roleplay outside our comfort zone/with people we don't usually roleplay)...any kind of competiion between houses would get this done I just figured pokemon..battle.

1) Something like that is best done at the beginning of the Academy year where all clubs would want to promote their club. At the moment it is too late to make something like that happen. Clubs are still welcome to promote themselves but only as far as putting up a flyer nothing like make a booth.

2) House games/tournaments are a staple in every Academy setting. However, we just finished a tournament which lasted the whole summer. This has resulted in some delays to the plot and a new system for real life days vs rp days currently being developed. In other words there will be no more tournaments for the rest of the Academy year.

Thank you for your suggestions. At the moment we want to focus on the plot and returning to that school feeling so no major games or tournaments will be happening except events that relate to plot or holidays such as Christmas and etc.  
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff