Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:12 am
M O N S T E R S ?

Monsters?
With the recently discovered Yaeli, the land of Tendaji has been abuzz with talk and gossip about their new neighbors. They're odd, they're strange and skittish, their eyes glow - but that can't possibly be true most say - the word on the street is that they're starting to leave their island. Those that had met the Yaeli know that it's an odd thing to hear. They were terrified of the outsiders, why would they leave their safe villages...

Rumors are filling the toxic island where the Alkidikes extremists were banished along with the Matron. Rumors of monsters clawing their way out of the earth with oil black skin and glowing evil eyes that are even weirder than the strange monsters that landed upon their shores just one year ago. The Yaeli say that their gaze can steal the soul of any person dumb enough to get too close and they're vicious beings trying to take their children.

These rumors have reached the main land as well, mostly through the few Yaeli that have decided they would rather face the scary but similar earthling races than to have to find out what the terrifying monsters want with them and their land.

Is there any truth to these rumors or are the Yaelian's seeing things?

Karothdra stared at the scars left behind from the latest war. They had healed quickly and beautifully thanks to some of the best doctors her father could get his hands on. She would of course have them for the rest of her life but they were a welcomed mark on her body. It meant she had experience. They weren’t in glaringly obvious spots, but if anyone ever saw her in less clothing they would be there. Karothdra put her shirt on and closed the clasps for one more look in the mirror. Her father had news to share, she had to be dressed to impress.

The halls of their home were empty, this late in the afternoon everyone had mostly finished their chores and were off on a small break before the dinner service began. Karothdra made it to her father's study, knocked once to let him know she was coming in and entered the room. Her older brother was seated next to her father and was softly speaking to him. He glanced once at Karothdra, nodded and stayed silent as she moved to sit in the other chair that had been left there for her. Her father grabbed the chair and moved it closer to form a little closed group.

“Father, brother.” She nodded to both of them and took her seat.

“Glad you could join us, I’ve received some troubling news from court.” Her father took a letter that was next to him and handed it to Karothdra. “Usually I don’t like to share court information with you, but both of you are getting older now and one of you will be named general to replace me. So long as your work for it.” He glanced at her brother as if making a remark to him. She knew her brother was lazy for such things and had probably been slacking. Without court to back him up and friends on his side, it wouldn’t matter if he had the skills.

Reading over the letter quickly, Karothdra picked up the key points. The yaeli were coming to the mainland. Yael was closes to Oba and the Yaeli leaving was making a lot of military officials antsy.

“We’ve been having quite a few debates on what to do and being careful not to let any of the banished Alkidikes back to the mainland. If any try, we’ll be the first to know and we’ll make sure to send them back of course. However, I’d like you to spend a bit more time in the lower regions of Oba to be my eyes and ears.”

“I’d love to father!” Karothdra’s brother pipped up quickly.

“Alright then it’s settled,” he turned to Karothdra. “You’re going to be up for a promotion soon. I need you to be a bit more involved with things.”

“Of course.” Her brother huffed but stayed quiet.

“I want reports from both of you on your thoughts about all this. There’s also something else I haven’t mentioned that has been left out of the report on purpose.Yaelien’s have been reporting black monsters creeping out of the earth with glowing eyes. Now I don’t know how truthful these rumors are but they are something to consider.”

In her opinion, the Yaeli were nothing but weaklings. Oba was already taking care of a lot of weaklings from the other tribes and now they had another one to help. It didn’t help that most of them landed in Oba, she was sure the city guards were going to have fun picking fights apart. Other Earthlings were one thing, but the Yaeli had glowing eyes and freaked out a lot of the mainland inhabitants with their bizarre looks. She wasn’t too sure why her brother had volunteered so quickly on being able to go to the border, but she was going to have to keep a closer eye on him.

As for the monsters, had a good source actually seen them or was it just the Yaeli? It it was just the Yaeli there was nothing that indicated they should trust them. Perhaps the banished Alkidikes were simply covering themselves in mud and scaring the poor Yaeli off of their own island. She wouldn’t put it past them, it was quite brilliant after all. Karothdra didn’t beleive in stories and fairytales, she needed concrete facts and until such was produced she wouldn’t beleive any of this superstisious stuff they were sprouting about.

“You’re both dismissed, don’t forget to report back to me.” Karothdra nodded and waved to her brother. She needed to speak with her spies.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:41 pm
Let the Tourney Begin!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24858283  

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:44 pm
the stands http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24940671  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:23 am
Death in the family

Growth Blurb
So, it well known that Karo and her brother Tisiru have always been fighting for their father’s attention so they could one day replace him. Karo has never wanted to go to extremes to get what she wanted (a.k.a. beat her brother), however now that her father has been murdered and the suspect is her brother she is now fully willing on killing him to not only take power but also to beat him. Something she was previously not prepared to do before. Also a plot point since now that their father is dead; her brother will be trying to make a move on their father’s seat. Karo must stop him. She also feels she must now kill him and will be plotting out her revenge.

But did Tisiru really kill his father? And what’s up with her mom going all “we need to get rid of him now?” Also what is going on in the household that Karo doesn't know? Who did her father name to replace him?

Those are all things Karo will be looking into plot wise in her next stage and this set it up.

“We’re so proud of you Karothdra, I really didn’t think you’d make it so far in the tournament!” Sorganti said as she sipped some tea and smiled at her daughter.

Karothdra have her mother a leveled stare. Of course her mother of all people wouldn’t think she’d make it to the finals. There was nothing that annoyed her more than knowing that her mother thought of her as some incompetent twit coming in second to her older brother. He’d lost in his second round, how could her parents believe him to be better than her? And that moron was going to be replacing her father?

Tsk. Karothdra put down the cup she’d been drinking so hard on the table the fine ceramic broke.

“Ah Karothdra, please do be careful with the cups. I know you’ve gotten a bit stronger, but control yourself.”

“You know what mother; I cannot fathom how you and father believe Tisiru will make a better head of family. I am better than him in every way.”

“No need to be so angry Karothdra, but there are traditions to follow and he is the oldest.” Her mother shook her head.

“He is weak and will bring ruin to this family! You of all people should know that! How can father think him to be a good general?”

Sorganti sighed, placed her cup down on its saucer. “He doesn’t think him better Karothdra. Many nights he has pondered making you his replacement. Your father is getting old, but your brother still remains a strong force and your father cannot remove him himself…permanently.”

“I’m not killing my own brother, mother.” Karothdra stard at her mother in shook. Her mother had just made it plain as day at the she wanted Tisiru removed.

“Karo, Tisiru is from another marriage. Your father’s first marriage, do you really think I wish to see that little brat in charge of my children? He is no blood of mine.”

“Mother I cannot kill Tisiru.”

“Can’t or won’t?” Her mother sneered at her.

“I cannot believe I am having this discussion with you.” Karothdra shook her head, what in the world had gotten into her mother?

Never before had she spoken so much ill towards Tisiru. Karothdra had always assumed it was out of politeness for her father’s first wife… Even then however, she would not kill her brother. She refused to resort to such methods to get rid of her brother. No she’d much rather do it in a more legal way, to avoid anyone questioning her intentions. She could not lead if people thought her to be a murder, and she so would not kill her brother even if he was the last thing standing in her way of her goals. Perhaps it would come back and bite her later on but she still refused, even if he won she would find a way to surpass him and take what was rightfully hers. What her mother as suggestion was blasphemy and she would not do it.

“Why? Because I’m supposed to be so sensible? Karothdra, your brother will be the end of you if you do nothing.”

“Mother, the only person blocking me right now is father. Not Tisiru.” Karo replied exasperated.

“Then what do you really want?”

“I want to take father’s position of course.”

“But you cannot because both your father and brother are in your way right?”

“Yes, but father will retire one day and all that is left is my brother.”

Sorganti pushed her chair back and stood up. “I must go, but know that your father will never retire dear. Not unless he is forced too. I will see you tonight at dinner.”

Karothdra nodded and reclined in her chair. Why was her mother so angry all of a sudden? Were the family politics getting tense within the home? Karothdra figured Tisiru must have done something to piss off his mother if she was acting. No one was speaking about it however, not that she’d heard anyways. Karothdra would have to ask her siblings later tonight, she was curious was to why her mother had suddenly changed her mind about Tisiru and why she was so willing to kill him.

As the family gathered for dinner, Karo could feel a particular tension within the household. She wasn’t sure what it was but form the look on her father’s face to her siblings, there was clearly something else going on that Karo was being kept out of the loop of. While Tisiru had his usual devious smile plastered all over his face, even she could tell it was a facade and it was hiding something much darker. As to what it was however, Karo did not know but she fully intended on finding out after dinner starting with her little brother.

“So it has been decided,” her father began as he moved back to let the servants serve them food. “I have found my replacement.”

Karothdra’s attention snapped to her fathers. Oh no.

“Of course this will not take effect until I have left this world or am incapable of doing a proper job. There is still much training that needs to be done.” Tisiru glanced at Karothdra, his smile fading. “You have done very well Karothdra in the tournament,” Tolui took a sip of his soup. “You have impressed many people.” He coughed a bit. “And I think it is very clear –“ This time Tolui started a coughing fit.

“Father?” Karothdra leaned forward, worry on her face. “Father?!” Perhaps he was choking, Karo stood and began tapping on her father’s back but the coughing did not stop. Her mother screamed, her brother yelled to get a medic and Karo kept on tapping her father’s back.

Then the general stood up, clasping his throat as he turned red and continued to cough and try to take in air. Karo moved back, stunned and shook rolling over her body and freezing her in place as she watched what she now understood to be her father’s death. She knew the medic would never make it in time, knew that she could do nothing even as her mother began to get hysterical between her sobs and yelling. Her little brother had disappeared somewhere, escaping the chaos that was erupting in the family. Tisiru had left to get a medic, but Karo knew it would not be enough. She watched as her father died. As he took his last breath before collapsing no the ground and begun to shake as foam came out of his mouth.

Poison. Someone had poisoned General Tolui.

By the time Tisiru had made it back with the medics it was too late, her father had already been dead for a good few minutes on their dining room floor. Even when it was pronounced that it was poison that had killed the general, Karothdra already knew. What bothered her the most about it was that she was certain her father had been about to announce her as the one who would replace him.

Then the military came in, mainly high ranking members who began turning the house upside down trying to figure out who had killed the general. Karothdra stayed in her corner, staring at her father’s lifeless body on the ground covered by a blanket someone had placed over him until they could have him cremated. Someone had taken her mother upstairs where even she could hear her wailing from downstairs.

“It’s not me!!! He made me do it! Tisiru gave me the posion!”

Karothdra snapped out of her mind and looked up. Two guards held one of the servants each by an arm as she struggled against them.

“I did no such thing!” Her brother yelled angrily.

Had he known their father was about to cast him aside? Was that why he had killed him? The woman kept repeating that Tisiru had put her up to it, yelling it at the top of her lungs until finally someone covered her mother as she was taken outside. By now the whole city would know that the General had been poisoned. Had it been Tisiru? How could he do such a thing? Karothdra slumped to the ground in the corner, head in her hands as she fought back tears. Her father was gone, murdered by someone in this very household.

Who else could have killed him?

From her stand point, she watched as people came to give their condolences but she ignored them all. Her eyes were trained on her father and she would not remove them from him. When finally they came to take him away and Tisiru reappeared, giving orders as if he was now the head of the household, it broke something in Karothdra. She stood up, fists clenching into tight balls as she moved towards her brother and punched him right in the face. Those around stood back as her fist connected and sent her brother sprawling to the ground.

“If you did this—“ She began.

“I didn’t!” He yelled as he gently touched his jaw. It would bruise in the morning.

“If you did this,” Karothdra moved towards her brother menacingly and leaned down. He moved back from her, fearful she would hit him again. “I will kill you. Do you hear me?” Then she raised her voice. “I will kill you.”

The Oban moved back, straightening herself out and glared down at her brother. She would kill him even if he had done this or not. She didn’t care anymore, she would eradicate her brother from this life and she would do it herself. Karothdra moved away from her brother and followed the men out who were carrying her father’s body outside.

She would kill Tisiru with her bare hands.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:11 am
Travel bound

“Karothdra please, you cannot leave. Our family is in turmoil!”

Her mother was in hysterics. Karothdra was seething. She felt like anger and hate were about to burst her into millions of pieces and kill her brother. She couldn’t take it anymore. She couldn’t stay in this house; she could not face her brother once he returned. She knew he would come back eventually and the moment he stepped foot into their home, if she saw him she was bound to wrap her hands around his neck to kill him. And so, she had decided to pack lightly and travel the world. To seek out the darkest hole and lay there until the world took her.

Her father was dead and she felt empty inside.

“Karo…” This time it was her younger brother, she turned to look at his tear filled eyes as he watched his older sister leave him behind. Her heart stung then, she felt bad leaving him behind but she didn’t know how dangerous her travels would be and thus he had to stay here. She would not forgive herself if something happened to him. Taking a deep breath, she went back to tying her bag. She was done.

“Karothdra you are not leaving this household do you hear me!” Her mother yelled and the Oban girl ignored her.

“It will be worst if I stay.” She finally said before putting the pack over her shoulder and making her way out of the room. Her mother blocked her.

“You cannot leave!” Karo knew her mother was in hysteria after her husband had died but this was no way to act. “You cannot leave us at the mercy of that man!” Now the crying came.

With Tolui gone, it left Tisiru as head of the family and also the one to replace him. She didn’t like leaving that disgusting excuse of man to lead her family but she had to, for a short while at least she had to. She needed to gain control over herself, she needed to plot and plan how to work things out. Karothdra knew he had killed their father even if he claimed innocence. He would not go unpunished but if Karo didn’t get a handle on herself she was going to lose everything she held dear. With her father gone all she knew to do was remove herself completely from the situation, which mean leaving Oba behind altogether otherwise the temptation would be far too strong.

“I will be back.” Karothdra shoved past her crying mother and headed down the stairs to the front of the house. She heard her mother crumble to the floor as she sobbed loudly. Her brother followed quietly behind her, she could hear him trying to keep up with her larger hurried steps. When she got to the door of their home finally, she turned and bent down, grabbing him by the shoulders and squeezing gently.

“You know that I love you right? That I will always love you?” He nodded as the tears threatened to spill across his face.

“I will be back, I promise. You will hold the fort down for me won’t you?” Now her own tears threatened to keep her here.

“Yes,” he said. Karothdra smiled weakly and kissed him on the forehead.

“Good boy.” She pulled him into a tight hug that lasted longer than she wanted but finally she released him. Her goodbyes said, she needed to leave now. Karothdra opened the door to their home and looked around; she knew exactly where she wanted to head to first. She wanted to see the Alkidikes fight.

Words :: 605  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:25 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25036507  

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:34 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25041089  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:54 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25048519  

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:37 pm
900 word solo about some peeps coming to look for karo and she runs away but they chase her  
◈ Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff