http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24642221  

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tasinei rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-8)

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:54 am
S P R I N G . S H O W E R S

Prompt
After the frigid chill of the harsh winter had left Tendaji, it seemed that most were happy to just return to their normal routines, though the normal routine didn’t seem to be what the weather had in mind. It wasn’t long before almost everywhere noticed the way that the winter air had seemed to push precipitation onto the land in its place. Rain flowed seemingly non-stop, reaching all the areas of Tendaji, even frozen Zena saw its share of rain, though the temperatures were still much too cold to support such a thing and rain turned to hail, which froze over the ground.

The critters of Tendaji only wanted to seek shelter from their flooded homes and the wet downpour that surrounded them. They found their way into homes, huts, sheds, anywhere that could stay dry - and preferrably warm.

4, 1
5 Zore

This much rain seemed like a curse to most, but for those of Oba it was a gift. Usually having large quantities of water was reserved for the rich, but even the poor now could take part and keep water for themselves. Karo watched the courtyard behind her home with a sigh, there was nothing to do stuck inside. There were only so many people she could fight in the household and with her mother around it was impossible to even train. It was like being stuck in some kind of weird limbo and just because it was raining didn’t mean it was colder.

There was a knock and Karothdra turned to see her little brother running inside towards her with a large smile on his face.

“You want to come play a game of chess with me?” He beamed at her once he’d reached her lounging chair.

“Of course little brother.”

Pulling herself up, Karothdra left her door open to the courtyard and follow her brother out and into one of the living areas of their home. He’d already set up the chess board, knowing she would agree even if this wasn’t one of her best games. Even though her younger brother was the youngest in the family, Karo often thought he was probably smartest than even the eldest of their siblings. He easily beat her three times in a row; they were on their fourth game when there was a large bang from Karothdras room. They both paused and looked at each other.

“Stay here.” Karothdra looked around and crept out of the living room and put her back to the wall. Her brother joined her and she told him to leave but he shook his head. Rolling her eyes Karothdra looked down the hall. The house was quiet again so the Oban moved slowly into the hall. She wasn’t sure where the noise had come from but she wanted to stop by her room for a weapon in case someone was trying to rob them. If there were criminals in the house, they had certainly picked the wrong one to break into.

Moving with quick light steps, Karothdra entered her room and froze. Her little brother shoved past her and started laughing loudly.

“Look at all the zore!”

“Quiet yourself.” Karothdra shoved him back and stared at the five drenched zore that had settled themselves right on her lounging chairs.

“Go get a servant or something so we can get them out of here.” Her brother left giggling while Karo entered further into her room. She shook her head in dismay; she was going to have to get everything they touched cleaned.

Picking up a pillow, Karothdra aimed and threw one at one of the zore. She hit it and it turned on her, squawking and taking flight to land on top of her bed. It was leaving dirt and other unpleasant things on her bed and Karothdra swore under her breath. Her brother was back soon enough with two of the male servants of the house.

“I want them out of my room as soon as possible. Try not to break anything, when it’s done I want the maids to clean everything. They’ve already caused enough trouble as it is.”

The two men nodded and got to work. Karo stuck around for a bit to watch them and was highly amused by what she saw. The men struggled to grapple a zore, the bird kept hitting them in the face with its large wings and trying to fly away. They finally managed to trap it under a blanket and threw it out the window. As it took off it tried to re-enter and get away from the rain but Karo was quick enough to go and close the doors.

“Stay here and help them open and close the doors.”

“Why do I have to stay here?”

“Because I said so little brother. I’ll be back.”

The young Oban sighed loudly, rolled his eyes and went by the door. Karo on the other hand left and headed down to the kitchen to cook something up for lunch. The cook was out getting groceries so she fixed her brother and herself a little something. She also grabbed a tray with drinks for the two servants who were helping with the zore. By the time she’d returned they were throwing the last one out the door and were appreciative of the drinks she’d brought them. The left with a thank you to fetch the maids of the home. Karo handed her brother her food and dragged him out for another chess game.

Word Count :: 773

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:15 pm
B R U T E

Karothdra swung the door to the family estate so hard that it swung all the way back and almost hit the wall. Her eyes roamed across the entrance of her home, servants paused their business as they watched the anger flashing in her eyes. Even though they could see the fires of anger they also knew Karothdra was probably the only family member that treated them with more respect than anyone else. She was not vile or disrespectful to them; she was getting the short end of the stick as well, so they knew the anger would subside once she was in the fight pit.

Taking a breath, Karo headed to her room. She passed her older brother on her way there; he meant to stop her but upon seeing her features closed his mouth and kept walking. Once in her room, Karo began to undress. The dress she wore was delicate and she was careful not to rip anything or her mother would surely have her head. Once she had stripped, Karo took to her old training clothing and began to wrap both feet and ankles together before starting on her wrist and hands. This was going to be an intense training session.

The fight pit as all the servants called it was a sort of court year that was two stories high and only wide enough for some tatami mats to train on. If one wanted to watch they could do so from the second story and they would have the best seat. Karothdra entered the ring and began to stretch. She needed to get the days kinks out of her body and start waring up those muscles for the real training that was about to begin. Tisiru walked in, the half brother she was always fighting with, and grinned at her.

“The servants are all blabbing about how you came back home so angry little sister. How was your day?” His words dripped with sarcasm as he too began to stretch.

“You should not be worrying about what the others say and more so about yourself in this ring with me.”

Phaeb was the eldest brother, he was the one who would be taking over the family name and taking care of their parents as they grew older. He would inherit everything leaving the other male children to find their own paths. He was not a fighter and a much better politician than his father. Tisiru was the eldest brother after him; he wanted his father’s position as general and also happened to be just as good a fighter as their old man. Ysayu was the other brother after him, a sailor by heart he had left the family young to join a good captain. They rarely saw him unless he was in port.

The three were all of Tolui’s first three sons and the only children he had had with his first wife.

He had then married Sorgtani and had had two more children. Karothdra and then his last son Zadahi of whom was the youngest.

There had always been competition between Tisiru and Karothdra as both were quite good at their art and wanted the same position. As a daughter however, Karo was stuck with having to leave the family and hope to secure something good in their name. She of course had other plans for herself; she wanted the general position and if that meant beating her brother to a pulp she was going to do it. He was a little pest anyways and she knew she was far better than he was. And she was going to prove it.

Gazing up, Karothdra spotted her father and mother by his side looking down at them. Her mother was probably throwing another fit, not that she cared. She wasn’t exactly close to her mother despite the older Obans attempts at befriending her daughter. There was little time to keep her eyes on them however, her brother threw the first punch her way and she easily blocked him and retaliated with a well aimed punch to his ribs. This was a dance she knew well, this was the dance she was familiar with. They weren’t going to take this away from her.

“You raised a brute.” Sorgtani commented to her husband as she watched Karothdra from above. Even she could not deny her daughters skills at hand to hand combat. Even now she could tell Tisiru, even though more experienced, was no match for her.

“I raised an intelligent young woman. If she were a man, she would be the one to be granted the position of general. I have a feeling she is scheming to become a guard.”

And indeed Karothdra had been scheming to become a guard. While the other girls spent their free time chatting away in parlors about men and sipping tea, she spent her time watching the other guards and their techniques. Usually she practiced them when no one was home so they couldn’t catch her but she was going to give her half brother a taste of his own medicine. He thought he could beat her because he was a guard and was hoping to catch her off guard with move she did not know. Well, as he began to move from simple things into the more complex lessons f the guards, she increased her speed to not only match his but exceed it.

Karothdra easily dodged his kicks and countered his punches. At one point during the fight she got him square in the face and sent him sprawling to the ground. She knew he was done att his point and she was not one to beat a dead horse.

“As I said Tisiru, better watch yourself. I am coming for you. I will be a guard.” Karothdra turned her back to him, glanced up at her parents and exited the room. It was time to soak in a nice hot bath before dinner; she smiled at the thought of seeing her brother beat up at the table.

They all would know it was her.

Word Count :: 1, 016

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:03 pm
G U A R D I A N

Trailing behind the Queen Mother all day was starting to wear on Karothdra. She barely had to put any effort into the whole thing now a day. Even now as they roamed some of the merchants through the streets, Karo was looking around and couldn’t be bothered with any of the fine fabrics the others girl were looking at. Instead, her eyes were focused on the crowds; many knew that he queen Mother was shopping today and the guards looked about as board as she did. Still, she kept a close eye on the faces until she narrowed her eyes at one individual in particular.

Like a shadow moving through the crowd, Karothdra spotted him and the dagger in his hand. He was cloaked and one could not see his face it was so well covered, Karothdra began to move towards the Queen mother as she’d moved on to the next stall. The man spotted her and began to run, pushing through the crowd now to reach his intended target. The guards were sluggish, there was no way they’d make it in time but she was and she was going to make sure he wished he’d picked another target. Karo increased her speed.

As the man raised his dagger to stab the Queen Mother in the back, Karothdra grappled the man’s wrist, twisting and countering the fist that came flying towards her. They were locked in combat now and screams were erupting around them as Karothdra tried to maneuver him into submission in her restrictive dress. She needed pants, why did she have to get stuck in this dress? The man managed to land a punch to her jaw which knocked her and then gripped her shoulders to knee her right in the stomach. Karo took a sharp intake of breath before falling to the ground clutching her stomach.

The guards were almost upon them and the man fled from the scene, blending back into the crowds and disappearing like a shadow. The guards went after him while someone helped Karothdra back on her feet.

“Are you well?” The Queen mother asked and she nodded though her pained expression was probably telling another story.

“Let’s go back so you can see a healer.” It was rare that Karothdra met someone who’s’ skills matched her own, though she was sure the hit to the face she’d taken was going to bruise horribly. The other ladies in waiting and the Queen Mother all got into their carriage and they went back to the palace. Her father would surely be contacted about this and indeed he was waiting by the entrance when they arrived.

“Father I am fine.”

“Queen Mother.” He bowed to her.

“General it is so nice to see you; I hope the messenger was swift in delivering the news to you about your daughter?”

“Indeed he was, it is why I am here to pick up my daughter. I hope you do not mind if she takes leave from your side for the rest of the day.”

“I do not, your daughter did save my life after all. Although General, I wish to see your daughter for dinner privately if you do not mind.”

“Not at all Queen Mother, I will make sure she is on time.” He bowed again and waited until she had gone to turn to Karothdra.

“Your mother shant be pleased. I suppose I should be happy that I taught you to fight so well. Let’s get you cleaned up then back here so you can see the Queen Mother.” And with that he helped Karothdra into the next carriage. Thankfully her mother wasn’t home and the servants took care of getting her cleaned up as the healer checked the deep purple bruising that was starting to form on her face and stomach. She would be sore for a few days he said, but she would live. And as such, she was sent back to the palace to meet with the Queen Mother.

The old woman was sitting in one of her water gardens sipping some tea, she motioned Karothdra over to sit by her and tea was presented her.

“How are you? I see your face took the brunt of the hit.”

“I am well thank you. The healer says I will be fine.”

“I hear you are un happy as my lady in waiting.” The Queen Mother fixed her with a stare.

“It is not the ambition I was hoping for.”

“What did you wish for Karothdra?”

“Well, if I were to be completely honest…” Did she tell the truth or spew what her mother told her she ought to say. “As you know my father is a General and he has taught me well. I wish to hold the same position as him. I wish to be a General for Oba.”

“Your skills are quite impressive, I can attest to them. I have heard your mother is quite disagreeable to your choices.”

“Yes well, my mother has been disagreeable for as long as I can remember.”

“What do you plan on doing next?”

“I want to be a guard. I will be a guard. I am just buying my time until it happens. I want to get married one day, I really do. But I must do this as well. It’s certainly not like my brother would make a good general, his skills are clearly lacking.”

“But your brother is already a guard is he not?”

“Yes, but it doesn’t make him a good one.”

“Well I certainly would feel safer with you as a guard; you did save my life today. I wish I could help you, perhaps I could speak to – “There was a knock on the door. “Come in.” A servant walked in and bowed.

“Your presence is request Queen mother.”

“Thank you, I will be right out. It was nice speaking with you Karothdra, perhaps we will speak again.” And with that her meeting was over and Karothdra didn’t know how to feel about it.

Word Count :: 1, 006

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:22 am
D I D . Y O U . K N O W ?

Prompt
Word spread fast in a place like Tendaji. Surprising when the people were so spread out, but now that there was more traveling it was a growing rumor mill spreading word as fast as earthlings could move. It was little secret that a group of Alkidike were starting to cause problems in Tendaji. The extremist Alkidike felt that it was high time that Jauhar was taken back from the shifters and the alarming growth of others that were settling into their land.

There were growing accounts of ambushing in the jungles of Jauhar, where shifters and other earthlings were being beaten and sacked for their things before being threatened to leave Jauhar… and there was only so much these poor people could take before they fled the scene and packed their bags. What would happen if the Alkidike decided to spread out further than Jauhar and became a threat to all earthlings?

They were still rumors, and nothing could be proved, but many were beginning to cast a disapproving gaze toward the Alkidike and a weary eye to Jauhar’s borders...

Karothdra covered her mouth as she yawned going down the stairs. Breakfast was smelling quite good this morning, she`d have a quick bite before heading off to run some errands for the Queen Mother. Her whole family was already seated when she arrived and the fire earthling slide into her seat with ease.

“Good morning Karothdra.”

“Good morning father, mother.” Kaorthdra plucked a few fruits and some bread to put into her plate and munched no a few pieces of meat.

“Any good news this morning?”

“Well, the Alkidikes are making everyone a little antsy. I think a war council may be held soon. Of course, this is all rumors. Though there is sometimes a seed of truth under all the lies, we don’t exactly have the best relationship with the other Earthlings so information is still being gathered. Spies say that they’ve been ambushing other Earthlings.”

Karothdra made a face; she thought the Alkidikes were with the Earthlings. If they were turning on people they could start an all out war, which meant the fire Earthlings would be going to war soon. Karo shifted her gaze to her father innocently.

“What do you think will happen? Do you think the king will get involved?”

“Karothdra, you should be worried about finding yourself a husband, leave the men to their devices.”

“I’m only curious mother and being polite with conversation.”

“We all know your plans Karo, no need to chide your mother about it.”

“Watch your tongue Tisiru, I might just beat it out of you again.” Though her tone was good natured, he knew the threat behind it.

“Alright, alright children. Tisiru you have lessons to attend and Karothdra I am sure the Queen Mother is waiting on you.”

“Oh course father.” Karothdra excused herself, gave her father a kiss on the cheek and left to run her errands.

Like her father had said, people were buzzing with rumors as she walked down the streets and Karothdra was very tempted to stop and listen. She knew she couldn’t and kept on going, check on the tailor for the dress that had been ordered and then headed to the palace. Even there the whole palace was buzzing with the same rumors. Though the Queen Mother refused to speak of it, when the ladies in waiting were sent to lunch that’s when the chatter exploded. That’s all they spoke of that afternoon.

“Have you heard? Alkidkes are attacking the other earthlings!”

“Don’t get too excited, they have apparently just stuck to the borders of Juahar.” Karothdra chided the other girl in between bites.

“Still, what if they decide they want more? What if they come after us!”

“I am quite sure we are more than capable of taking care of ourselves. The other Earthlings will be asking us for help, I personally don’t think we should help them.”

“Why not?” Karo asked.

“Because, they were just at our borders wanting to start a war. Why should we help them?”

And this was why Karothdra hated ladies in waiting. They knew nothing of war.

“It’s not that simple; if we don’t show our strength then they may very well come after us at some point.” That seemed to make the girl pensive for a bit, if they did not help the other Earthlings they would surely be next. Better to help crush them now with the other Earthlings then risk getting crushed. “In any case, how many of you have seen an Alkidike?”

“I’ve seen one once in passing.” One girl pipped up excited.

“I’ve never seen one.” Another said a little disappointed.

“What about you Karothdra?”

“Oh I’ve seen one. I’d very much like to fight one.”

“Fight one?!” A girl screeched next to her.

“You bet, they’re known to be some of the best warriors out there. Why wouldn’t you want to fight one?” All the girls gave her an odd look and Karothdra was reminded that they were all waiting for a husband while she was waiting to be a guard.

“In any case,” a girl continued. “I wonder if they will close our borders. I was looking to a bit of vacation time outside.”

Karothdra finished her food and listened to their idle chatter in silence. Talking to them about important things was like talking to a wall, it was impossible. Once her food was done, she packed up and left them. The Alkidikes were a serious threat and needed to be taken very seriously. Karo was going to keep her ear to the ground and see what happened.

Word Count :: 761

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:55 am
B E L I E F S . A N D . V A L U E S

Prompt
Summer was drawing closer and closer and the different villages around Tendaji were beginning to plan their summer festivals. It was a tradition in Tendaji - to celebrate the Gods every year in the summer when spirits were high and food was at its most abundant.

All the races had their own gods to celebrate, whatever those might have been, and every person had their own feelings one way or the other.

What did they mean to you? With the summer fast approaching, it must be somewhere (no matter how small) on everyone’s thoughts. And what are your thoughts on the other culture’s gods?

Fire: The people of Oba believe in a whole pantheon of Gods and Goddesses, partitioning all parts of life to a god such as birth, death, fishing, ocean, a king and queen of the gods, etc. There is always a different name to pray to depending on the situation at hand. The major players in their pantheon include:
Nerad - King of Gods, god of judgement
Essd - Queen of Gods, goddess of life and death
Drach - God of storms and rain
On’os - God of time and fortune
Lenoxe - Goddess of fishing and feasts
Kiyom - God of wood and lumber
Hatald - Goddess of fertility, marriage, and women
Jonal - God of men and war
Ubeli - Godess of the moon and ocean
Atun - God of the sun, forging fires, and desert

Karothdra’s mother was what one called a religious nut. The women prepared weeks in advance for the summer festivals and she dragged the whole family into her activities. Her father laughed it off but amused his wife none the less, the eldest avoided her like the plague, Tisiru was sparred as was her younger brother but not Karothdra. She had no choice but to follower her mother as she preformed her own little rituals. It was for Karothdra the biggest was waste of time she had ever experienced in her life. It was during these times that she truly wished she was married just so she didn’t have to deal with these things.

This year though was bound to be a little more interesting than other years. There were more foreigners within the borders of Oba which meant gods and goddess were going to be mixing and different things were going to be happening. From her point of view, Karothdra couldn’t care less about the other gods. She felt the other Earthlings should be conforming to the Oban gods since they were within their borders. People were going to be people though and it wasn’t like she could do anything to avoid it and in any case it would be rude if she shared her opinion out loud.

“I will need more of that number.” Karothdra stood by her mother’s side as the older Oban looked for good wood. This was for Kiyom, god of wood and lumber. Her mother liked her father to carve a few different things to worship the god. Then to pay their respect to Atun her mother liked to burn some of the pieces and then stop the fire with some sand. Though usually this was only done on the day of the festival, but her mother liked to have everything prepared. “Yes, yes send it to the house.” The woman waved her hand to dismiss the man.

“I’m going to get you an extra special idol of Hatald this year.” Her mother said.

“Mother!” Karothdra screeched.

“Oh for the love of Nerad, Karothdra. You are a woman; you need to be fertile if I want some grand children sooner than later.” Karo sighed loudly. “Stop slouching and pick up the pace. I still need to pick out a few items for the other gods.” She groaned but did pick up the pace to catch up to her mother.

It took them all day to pick up most of what her mother needed and even then there would still be more to be done in the coming days. Once home Karothdra had collapsed in the parlor and sighed heavily.

“Mother’s antics are going to kill me.” Karo rolled onto her stomach to watch her oldest brother reading in the corner.

“Yes well, you’re not the one who will be stuck with her. My future wife, who sends her greetings by the way, will be.”

“Yes, yes I know. We went to buy idols of all the gods today and you want to know which is the biggest she bought?”

“Do I want to know?”

“She gave me a Hatald idol, the largest I have ever laid eyes upon. I think I know what I will be giving your wife as a wedding gift.” They both burst out laughing. “I bought myself a small Jonal idol."

“Ah, the god of men and war. A good choice if you ask me, perhaps you will attract a husband that will be in the military.” He gave her a snarky smile.

“Oh shush it you.”

“Don’t let mother catch you with it. You know she’ll take it away.”

“I know.” Karothdra said with a soft sigh, she’d bought the idol after feigning that she’d forgotten something inside. Then she’d bought it and hid the idol in one of the folds of her clothing. Her mother never suspected anything thankfully and she’d been able to smuggle it into the house. “In any case, do you know if Ysayu will be ported for the summer festival?”

“I’ve not a clue she has not mentioned it, why?”

“She bought extra idols of Ubeli, Lenoxe, and Drach. They were small enough to link into a pendent. I don’t see anyone else needing the trio. We haven’t seen him in a while so I was just wondering if he planned on surprising us.”

“I’ve no idea.”

“Alright, well brother. I look forward to your wedding day.” Karothdra stood up, stretched and left her brother to his reading. Now she had to find a hiding spot for her idol.

Word Count :: 764

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:32 am
fight in the market place

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24686825  

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:15 am
Add quest : http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24700225  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:17 am
infamous
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24725729  

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:41 am
Chapter 7: Rising Storm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24729197  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:35 am
.|| Chapter 7: Rising Storm ||. THE TIME HAS COME...
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24738721  

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points