Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nevermore: A Tale of Knights

Back to Guilds

A Modern Fantasy Role Playing Guild 

Tags: Knights, Fantasy, Magic, Fighting, Role Play 

Reply Nevermore Main Forum
Out of Character Chat Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caymi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:50 pm
Makako-ma

Just for the record this is my last post to you, because I've come to the conclusion that you like to simply see yourself type. So this "argument" is kinda pointless and has about as much depth as a sponge.

Never once did i threaten you with a ban. You assumed again

I did give you a leave, make a suggestion or leave if you are unhappy. Which you chose none.

I wouldn't touch you with a 10-foot pole when it came to running a guild.

Once again you assumed i didn't want your opinion. Or possibly you are to dense to realize that i gave you an option of either "Stop posting, or make a suggestion"

Because its ok for you to think im being passive aggressive and not vice-versa. A Tier Logic

Chatting as a non crew doesn't mean anything, normally i'd take anyones opinion just as seriously. But i think i've made an exception this time.

"its only bad cause we suggested it" is a load of BS and quite honestly i find it laughable. I was just telling you to stop being annoying. Once again...either stop posting passive aggressive comments or suggest something to fix it.

"I am aggressively casual-conversationing"

thats hilarious...cause its almost like...another way of saying passive aggressive, who'd of thunk that'd you would even admit to it.

See doll, this is what me being rude or threatening is like, a completely different tone and sentence structure. In which case THEN you have the right to "stand your ground"

I won't even get into your post for Ren.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:45 pm
Rengato
Before addressing what you call your "Actual Suggestion," I would like to address what is blatantly testing my patience. Why, when you stated you would only give your suggestion in a short, concise manner, would you post a couple paragraphs worth of mocking our front page, system, and idea for our Knights? Why couldn't you just leave it as a simple suggestion? I asked you a simple question, "what is your suggestion?" Instead I get this over-dramatized crap which amounts to me just feeling you want us to be incredibly upset with you.

I wasn't asked for a concise answer.
If that makes you feel like I want you to be upset then I would like to suggest it's you who wants to be upset which is part of why I didn't want to make my "suggestion" in the first place.

Quote:

Literally, your post reads like "I'm gonna give my suggestion, but let me give you a piece of my mind."

The alternative is just giving you a suggestion without context so I can be taken out of context anyways and left with no grounds on which to defend myself knowing full well that before you took something in the most infuriating context possible.

Quote:
It is like you want us to react negatively and aggressively towards you. I don't even understand why you feel the need to provoke me before you even make your suggestions known.
if you think that was provocative then I don't think you really wanted a suggestion.

Quote:
In fact, it was difficult to read your suggestions for the simple fact that your first spoiler tag practically enraged me. Mostly because I felt like I was reading, and yes this is meant to be insulting, a child's complaint because college-level material is too difficult for them. Not to say that our content is incredibly difficult to understand. No, it's actually rather simple. It's even easy to find the Lore and Worldbook. It's literally the first thing that you see in the threads on the main page. You see it before you find the OOC to complain about how hard it is to find it. It is literally the only announcement on the main page.

You're confusing intelligence with efficiency. Do you want to show the world what a great and wonderful writer you are or do you want to encourage people to pick something based on different incentives. This is why I did all that typing and went into detail on what problem precisely I was making a suggestion for.

This is actually a common logical error people make when designing thigs. Yes, a handle designed to be pulled will be pulled instinctively by intelligent people and yet often on even doors to places where college students linger there will be a push or pull sign to keep people moving just as there will be signs leading to other signs. In games they will make getting into the game simple and clear and leave the complexity where it can later be picked up. If you find this concept insulting then you are an amateur game designer and have no business taking jabs at my intelligence regardless of your design prowess.

Quote:
My point, however, is why would you make me angry before reading your suggestion? Why not tag that on at the end so that I can get angry after I go "Oh, these sound like reasonable suggestions." Instead, you seem to want me to explode before I get past the first couple of lines. You're aggressive, you like to test patience, and personally I think you just like this drama, which I personally don't care for. So, please, stop trying to push our buttons, because we've let you push them quite a bit.

When I encroached upon your personal time and you were unwilling to accommodate for whatever reason I stopped. Now I'm here having a conversation with two others and you asked for something from me under uncertain terms. You asked me for a suggestion not to be dazzled or have your butt kissed. Again, the only reason this is insulting is because you choose to let it be. Like I said, you don't need to "fix" any of this. It might not be worth doing. Or maybe it is. Maybe writing in Shakespearean verse would help but there's no need unless your goal is actually to impress with Shakespearean verse.

Quote:
Now, my actual response to your actual suggestions:

1. Yeah, the homepage sucks.

That's your opinion don't make it sound like mine

Quote:
We literally spend all our time and resources working on what's in the guild currently rather than focusing on that homepage. We also try to keep up with posts and schoolwork because every time we, as Captain and Vice Captain, stop posting our guild magically dies. Every time. If you would like to build our homepage as it fits our lore, however, then we would surely review it and possibly use it, as we have not had time to make one.

Sure. I'll try and make a map as well or was there already a map somewhere?

Quote:
2. Our lore is expanded through story content, and it's meant to be found by the players. Half this guild is a game. That's just part of it. More lore gets added to the lore book as time goes on. That is why this is the Lore and World Book. It has everything in it. We have a lot of content, and this is a literate to semi-literate guild. As such, we will provide literate-level content for people to use at their leisure. This is a world we have built, not something we are borrowing from some anime like other guilds. We need this massive tome of knowledge to keep the guild characters consistent.

There's no need to reinvent the wheel, just drive somewhere new. Your world possesses many creatures borrowed from many lords and uses a classic sort of tale. The most unique thing here is you yourself and the games system when all parts are considered together. That said, as your lore expands your system appears to grow more complicated. Literate or not if the system is complicated then exploring new avenues is discouraged and you're better off sticking with what you know. This further complicates itself when the game actually does become more complicated each time the lore expands and everything you had before no longer applies.

To think you'd have to reread the same very long thing over again to find small differences can be discouraging even for a literate person which is why I suggest separating what is merely added to from that which can be completely changed or patched up frequently, especially when new players have to dredge through all that while their friends advance without them. As you mentioned, you have a life and thus complexity and anything else that works against streamlining all things is not your friend especially if the guild is doing things you don't want it to do.

Quote:
3. I am not copying other media for our race and magic system. Period. Unless you want to suggest a magic system that you have created that is superior, then no. While characters and such are great to be based off characters from anime and inspired by them, our guild's magic was mostly molded, by hand, by me and Weeamoo. We take pride in that our guild's story, background, and a majority of its content is original with very limited inspiration, those inspirations being Fate/Stay Night, Dungeons and Dragons, and Kill la Kill in regards to the Armaments.

Your race references come from Tolkien, Shinto, Scandinavian, and other Korea
You mentioned your magic system was like that of the air ended series?

There's more to originality than rejecting all influence. That's just stubborn self torment. Also I wasn't asking you to copy them I was asking you to borrow the involved techniques to create something. To make a unique sculpture you don't have to invent a new kind of clay or clay sculpting technique, you need to create a new shape and story for that shape. The rest is just overdoing it and probably not something any normal person has the time for.

I bring up magic soecificially because you actually have a similar concept that could be used to further simplify yournmagic system without completely tossing the current one you worked on in the trash.

Quote:

4. We have an NPC creation thread already for anyone in the guild to use to make an NPC for their own purposes. Most of the NPCs are also free-reign to use as well. You can find it in the profile thread. Additionally, Knights are not meant to be romantic. They're meant to be enslaved creatures that are mostly mistreated by society. If you want them to be romanticized in your character's personal story, that's fine. To most of the races of Yainder, however, they're on the bottom of the food chain.
you're misunderstanding something here.

But never mind the rest of the misunderstandings.. why get upset if I mention there isn't much incentive to make a knight when you don't want them to be romanticized? Or do you understand what I mean by this term? David vs Goliath was romance, kunta kinte being whipped until he said his new name was romance, romance doesn't have to involve love at all but if you want people to be attracted to something that will probably be an attractive way to sell it. However lowly knights may be drama, romance, and comedy can help to sell people on the role of you care at all about getting someone to take that role as suggested by the announcement I saw.

Quote:
5. Bond Abilities are only for the Knights, as it's in their profile. A Mage doesn't get to use the Unison ability, as they have magic. It's attached to the Knight's profile because that is the Knight's reward for bonding with a Mage. Sorry if you misunderstood this at any point. There are already penalties for Knights that bond with opposing Natures/Affinities. Finally, the permanence of the Knight bond is entirely reliant on the Knight. Literally, they have the most power in their "relationship" because they can end it at a moment's notice. That is why we literally state that a Mage has to treat their Knights well or risk losing them. This is not some anime where the bond level increases so they get a new magic weapon like Negima!? or something like that. Knights get what they get, and they can get more through playing our RNG system in the Unexplored Region which has, for the most part, gone untouched by our members.
I didn't misunderstand anything. I did just forget something since I didn't want to go through a pile of system notes trying to find it. You say knights are like captured dogs but have all the power once captured. They sound pretty troublesome... like I said, you don't have to fix this but if you want more knights and emphasis on the bonding maybe you should change these things. If you don't want to change anything then there was no need to ask for a suggestion in the first place when I didn't want to give one.

Quote:
Now what are the rest of your complaints so I can address them? I agree with you on the homepage, and I'm willing to work with you on Magic if you can provide a custom, better system for it.i

I'm not complaining. Or I don't intend to. I find you needlessly hostile however and don't feel like doing anything is going to change that. You also seem like a very vengeful person...  

Makako-ma

Alykia

Confident Dreamer

25,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Skill Up 50
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:10 am
Oh no...I had a feeling something like this might happen...

This is kind of off-topic...but did you watch that video to the end? How can you not laugh at them making pervy sounds when they are combining? hahahaaa

Er anyway...I only skimmed the conversation if I were to be honest...but I must confess that I was hesitant to join. I don't remember all the reasons (I know one reason was because I wasn't sure if I was inspired to create a character yet--talking to Wee through PMs helped), but I do know that there was a lot to go through and I felt like the organization was a bit off. Or maybe I'm a weirdo...I read how it was ranked F to SS after figuring out it was probably the case when looking at profiles. I mean I didn't make a mage/knight first either...probably in part because it was more work (and I wasn't confident with creating spells and ranking them since we were pretty much allowed to do anything it seems...which is awesome but nerve-racking at the same time haha).
Anyway, I know you guys have been working on changing things to make it better and that's great. I'm pretty sure I read everything lore/etc related by this point...and I don't have suggestions because I'm basically going from memory. But if you want me to make some or explain better I can relook at everything.
Personally, I am not bothered too much...but that's just me. I ended up reading it all and creating things the best I could so it's fine. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:52 am
Alykia
I ended up reading it all and creating things the best I could so it's fine. ^_^

This is all we ask for, so you're gucci^w^
I'm working on a profile post meow just trying to finish up hw first.

Weeamoo
Captain

Rengato
Vice Captain

Cunning Businesswoman

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:32 am
Alykia
Oh no...I had a feeling something like this might happen...

This is kind of off-topic...but did you watch that video to the end? How can you not laugh at them making pervy sounds when they are combining? hahahaaa

Er anyway...I only skimmed the conversation if I were to be honest...but I must confess that I was hesitant to join. I don't remember all the reasons (I know one reason was because I wasn't sure if I was inspired to create a character yet--talking to Wee through PMs helped), but I do know that there was a lot to go through and I felt like the organization was a bit off. Or maybe I'm a weirdo...I read how it was ranked F to SS after figuring out it was probably the case when looking at profiles. I mean I didn't make a mage/knight first either...probably in part because it was more work (and I wasn't confident with creating spells and ranking them since we were pretty much allowed to do anything it seems...which is awesome but nerve-racking at the same time haha).
Anyway, I know you guys have been working on changing things to make it better and that's great. I'm pretty sure I read everything lore/etc related by this point...and I don't have suggestions because I'm basically going from memory. But if you want me to make some or explain better I can relook at everything.
Personally, I am not bothered too much...but that's just me. I ended up reading it all and creating things the best I could so it's fine. ^_^

I admit we're pretty disorganized. That's mostly cause half the time we're all chickens with our heads cut off. XD

And yeah, we've been trying to improve that greatly. That's why Weeamoo made the super-detailed profiles with proper rankings and spells pulled from everyone's profiles. They're meant to sort of be a guide for how to build Mages and Knights while crediting everyone for trying hard to make one. You guys are doing great. ^^

I admit that our guild looks pretty intimidating. I put way too much effort into trying to make something incredibly unique and it sorta made it a complex web of things. That's my bad, lol. We're trying to arrange everything now in a more interesting way that will capture people's attention. We're always open to suggestions for how to clean things up though and streamline things though. And we're even open to allowing people to improve the homepage if they so desire. Just write something up and we'll look over it and incorporate it if we can. ^^

As for that video, I saw "Aquarion" or "Aquarios" and realized what it was. As such, I kinda didn't watch it, lol. Not trying to be a jerk or anything... but I kinda expected her to post something not appropriate given certain factors up until now. That's also why I knew what she meant by "romantic" when she posted that. Clever wordplay won't wipe away the image she painted of Frynessa when she first showed up. ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:34 am
Alykia

TLDR:
You're fine, and we're willing to hear you out as well as other guild members. XD  

Rengato
Vice Captain

Cunning Businesswoman

Alykia

Confident Dreamer

25,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Skill Up 50
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:38 am
Weeamoo
Alykia
I ended up reading it all and creating things the best I could so it's fine. ^_^

This is all we ask for, so you're gucci^w^
I'm working on a profile post meow just trying to finish up hw first.

Homework...boo...unless it is the fun kind? haha  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:43 am
Rengato
Alykia

TLDR:
You're fine, and we're willing to hear you out as well as other guild members. XD

I made a roleplay once...well, I came up with the idea and my friend created the thread or whatever. I trusted her to do all that...and I suppose if I did it I might have caught something that we didn't think about at first. Maybe. haha
Anyway, when people started applying a couple issues arose that we had to add in/deal with. So I get it...probably happens to everyone at some point.

Personally, I tend to overthink everything that could be related to the roleplay I'm making...and then never post it for people to join...because I'm afraid it'd tank. Silly I know. My friends usually love the ideas and get all excited about it so why wouldn't others?

Anyway, I might look at the organization or whatever later probably. haha  

Alykia

Confident Dreamer

25,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Skill Up 50

Weeamoo
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:30 am
User Image

Going to class. I'll be back in six hours.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:33 pm
This has been quite an interesting thread, hasn't it?

Heh..... well... I had a question, but wasn't sure how to ask it, but it definitely refers to character direction and whether I should apply Quela as a teacher of the school. What does everyone think?

(If I did, I'm thinking of having her teach Transmutation.) [She'd definitely struggle to overcome talking to a large group, or learning how to teach.]

Edit: On a side note, does the academy need a P.E. instructor or combat coach?  

Rihenian

Eloquent Counselor

14,900 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:40 pm
Rihenian

Heh..... well... I had a question, but wasn't sure how to ask it, but it definitely refers to character direction and whether I should apply Quela as a teacher of the school. What does everyone think?

(If I did, I'm thinking of having her teach Transmutation.) [She'd definitely struggle to overcome talking to a large group, or learning how to teach.]

That may be cool. My bard is actually one practitioner of Transmutation. owo  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:19 am
Rihenian

Edit: On a side note, does the academy need a P.E. instructor or combat coach?

You should doo it~
Although why would she? Now that I think about it. She does have a business after all. She doesn't seem to be one for teaching either. I guess I'm just saying that the reasoning needs to make sense. haha  

Alykia

Confident Dreamer

25,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Skill Up 50

Rihenian

Eloquent Counselor

14,900 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:35 am
I do like the idea of being a teacher.... but the more I ponder, the more I feel it doesn't seem like Quela's first choice. I think I'll create another character, who will most certainly be a teacher. smile

Perhaps either Necromancy or Evocation.... But then again... Transmutation cam be fun.

I already have an idea!!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:47 am
Rihenian
I do like the idea of being a teacher.... but the more I ponder, the more I feel it doesn't seem like Quela's first choice. I think I'll create another character, who will most certainly be a teacher. smile

Perhaps either Necromancy or Evocation.... But then again... Transmutation cam be fun.

I already have an idea!!!

I wonder what kind of magic Pavel would want to learn...by the way, I wonder how they would figure out affinities? hmm

I'm glad you figured it out. Can't wait to see whatcha make~  

Alykia

Confident Dreamer

25,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Skill Up 50
Nevermore Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash