Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nevermore: A Tale of Knights

Back to Guilds

A Modern Fantasy Role Playing Guild 

Tags: Knights, Fantasy, Magic, Fighting, Role Play 

Reply Nevermore Main Forum
Out of Character Chat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rengato
Vice Captain

Cunning Businesswoman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:02 am
We Could Be Villains
Rengato

We have someone already doing an internship or apprenticeship of sorts, so that is entirely possible. Your Knight's squire thing brings up an interesting point that that I think Living will hate me for thinking about soon enough. XD
So I thank you whole-heartedly on that front good person.

Hey, whatever I can do to help. o/

You can just call me Kat or Villains. Either works.

I guess now I just need to find a pair to buddy up with? I'd hate to make a character, just to have to ret-con 50% of the content.

You can if you want, or make the character and have them pair up with someone later on in-RP. It's really up to you. I'm sure there's Mages foaming at the mouths to get a Knight at this point since they've overpopulated the guild. And if you make a Mage that would make my day, just follow the first three Mages' examples of a good Mage to make. And Jammer, they did a pretty good job making one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:26 am
Rengato

You can if you want, or make the character and have them pair up with someone later on in-RP. It's really up to you. I'm sure there's Mages foaming at the mouths to get a Knight at this point since they've overpopulated the guild. And if you make a Mage that would make my day, just follow the first three Mages' examples of a good Mage to make. And Jammer, they did a pretty good job making one.

Oh, don't tempt me. Believe me when I say a Mage would be the comfortable choice.
Even if my usual genre is SciFi. =w=;

Maybe a Knight would be the best choice, just to ensure the numbers aren't too off.

Also, since I was sent an invitation, do I still need to provide post samples/portfolio work? I have both, but I haven't written on Gaia extensively in a few years, so those specific samples are a tad old at this point. Not to say they're not still solid, but you know how writing evolves over the years.  

We Could Be Villains

Adorable Sex Symbol

Rengato
Vice Captain

Cunning Businesswoman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:38 am
We Could Be Villains
Rengato

Oh, don't tempt me. Believe me when I say a Mage would be the comfortable choice.
Even if my usual genre is SciFi. =w=;

Maybe a Knight would be the best choice, just to ensure the numbers aren't too off.

Also, since I was sent an invitation, do I still need to provide post samples/portfolio work? I have both, but I haven't written on Gaia extensively in a few years, so those specific samples are a tad old at this point. Not to say they're not still solid, but you know how writing evolves over the years.

If you were sent an invite then it was probably because you're either on my friend's list or you've been in another guild we made. So you're good in that department. ^^

And making a Knight would be a good idea. Just do me a favor and follow Johto and ONLY Johto's example. That is really the best Knight that's been made so far. I made an incredibly stupid one as a joke but satire is lost on most people. Just try to be unique with your character if you can. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:52 am
Rengato

If you were sent an invite then it was probably because you're either on my friend's list or you've been in another guild we made. So you're good in that department. ^^

And making a Knight would be a good idea. Just do me a favor and follow Johto and ONLY Johto's example. That is really the best Knight that's been made so far. I made an incredibly stupid one as a joke but satire is lost on most people. Just try to be unique with your character if you can. ^^

Oh, I suppose that makes sense. o:

Alright, I'll do some reading up and get a profile in to be evaluated. c:

Edit: Also, as to ranking abilities, is there a scale posted somewhere? I can't seem to find it.  

We Could Be Villains

Adorable Sex Symbol

Rengato
Vice Captain

Cunning Businesswoman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:13 am
We Could Be Villains
Rengato

Oh, I suppose that makes sense. o:

Alright, I'll do some reading up and get a profile in to be evaluated. c:

Edit: Also, as to ranking abilities, is there a scale posted somewhere? I can't seem to find it.

Rankings are based on a person's own judgement usually, but there is a process to it. It's based on the level of mastery of a skill, the power of it, the level of complexity that goes into it (such as how many abilities/actions are required to pull off the ability), the utility of the scale, and a few other smaller factors. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:54 am
Rengato

Rankings are based on a person's own judgement usually, but there is a process to it. It's based on the level of mastery of a skill, the power of it, the level of complexity that goes into it (such as how many abilities/actions are required to pull off the ability), the utility of the scale, and a few other smaller factors. ^^

A being highest ranking, and F being the lowest?

Also, I got my profile up, lacking in rankings, but otherwise done. I hope it's alright. >_>;  

We Could Be Villains

Adorable Sex Symbol

Corvus Serpens

Dangerous Survivor

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:11 pm
Ok, I am building my knight... I like the style this guild has thus gar. I am just confused on nationalities and the such... Ethnicity is one I guess. I seenjoy white and then ithe skips to nationalities. So is it the color of my characters skin, or is it a European Asian region, or is it an area for the land in the guild rp...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:27 pm
Corvus Serpens
Ok, I am building my knight... I like the style this guild has thus gar. I am just confused on nationalities and the such... Ethnicity is one I guess. I seenjoy white and then ithe skips to nationalities. So is it the color of my characters skin, or is it a European Asian region, or is it an area for the land in the guild rp...

It's basically whatever the player finds appropriate. That part isn't 100% important, just for the sake of knowing. It doesn't take place on actual earth, but it simply helps for purposes of RPing. Car million and Eldrin are the current known kingdoms, but we'll have others with different cultural themes at a later point. We'be left the Guild room to grow.

Weeamoo
Captain

Corvus Serpens

Dangerous Survivor

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:33 pm
Ok, thanks, I didn't mean to sound skeptical, merely curious. I am hoping I make a good enough character. Do I need my knight to have an affinity?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:34 pm
Living Eternally
Corvus Serpens

It's basically whatever the player finds appropriate. That part isn't 100% important, just for the sake of knowing. It doesn't take place on actual earth, but it simply helps for purposes of RPing. Car million and Eldrin are the current known kingdoms, but we'll have others with different cultural themes at a later point. We'be left the Guild room to grow.

I should quote. My bad.  

Corvus Serpens

Dangerous Survivor

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

killer-wolf-kun

Hardcore Loiterer

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:44 am
Hallo o:  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:24 am
Corvus Serpens
Ok, thanks, I didn't mean to sound skeptical, merely curious. I am hoping I make a good enough character. Do I need my knight to have an affinity?

Quotes aren't entirely necessary. The Crew is watching the forums, no big deal.^w^ Sorry about the late reply, however.
Yes, every character needs an Elemental Affinity, and for more information on those, you can check out The Lore and World Book; however, it doesn't have to be super-relevant to your character, either, but it'll help later for abilities when you get a mage.

Weeamoo
Captain

Rengato
Vice Captain

Cunning Businesswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:48 am
We Could Be Villains
Rengato

A being highest ranking, and F being the lowest?

Also, I got my profile up, lacking in rankings, but otherwise done. I hope it's alright. >_>;

Actually, SSS is the highest, but no one right now should probably go above A unless they're trying to be ridiculous and show how much of a MANLY MAN they are. Like I said, I made my character stupid as satire, which some people don't get. But yeah, the higher the letter the weaker the skill is, though I doubt anyone will go lower than E cause, why would we even bother counting a spell as being known if it was lower than E? XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:24 pm
Rengato

Actually, SSS is the highest, but no one right now should probably go above A unless they're trying to be ridiculous and show how much of a MANLY MAN they are. Like I said, I made my character stupid as satire, which some people don't get. But yeah, the higher the letter the weaker the skill is, though I doubt anyone will go lower than E cause, why would we even bother counting a spell as being known if it was lower than E? XD

Okay. I'll assign some letters to my spells, and see if they work. Shot in the dark. :B  

We Could Be Villains

Adorable Sex Symbol

Corvus Serpens

Dangerous Survivor

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:57 pm
Is there a popular place to start or does it not matter...?  
Nevermore Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff