Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Downtown Soleil
Sucre's Refinements Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Illusia

Lady Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:14 pm
INN EAGAN

Cold Weather ║ Married ║ Human║ 21 ║ Sucre's Manager

User Image

▇▇▇▇▇▇ ✖ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ✖ ▇▇▇ ✖ ▇▇▇ ✖ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ✖ ▇▇▇▇▇▇

Hearing the door close behind him, Finn took a deep, calming breath as he sauntered into his place of business. It was left just the way he had it yesterday. At least there wasn't too much that needed to be done. He was sure he'd find something, but now that hey were open, he'd probably have at least a few customers to keep him company. He was sure to get a visit from Bree once she went to the doctor's. Walking into the back, he set down his keys, helmet and jacket, turning up the heat in the store a bit so it would be comfortable for the customers when they came in. Maybe even Jacob would be happy for him when he went with her; and wouldn't want to rip his face off. Would Ty congratulate him? A soft sigh escaped his lips as he thought of the man.

Walking back out of the back, he sat down in his chair situated behind the counter and took a moment to relax in the peace and quiet of his store.

((OOC; ))
Quote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:56 pm
INN EAGAN

User Image

Finn had gotten up off his chair long ago. It was lunch time and he would probably leave soon to get something to eat since Bree wasn't coming by. He hoped Jacob remembered to take her to her appointment. Actually, he mostly hoped Bree remembered! If she didn't want to do something she was ridiculously forgetful about it. He had a few customers here and there, but nothing that really made him need to get up and move around. Still, after a family came in with their young son and bought some candy, he got up and walked to the back once he had rung them up and they left. Grabbing the broom, he opened his store door, keeping it open with his chair that sat behind the counter, he began sweeping the floors to try and clean his store from all the dirt that got tracked inside from the rainy weather.

((OOC; I only tagged you because you said you wanted to find Finn >.> And I stalk you sometimes ))
whiters4
Quote:

Lady Illusia

Lady Gatekeeper

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:37 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
✗ Finn
✗ Sucre's Refinements
✗ Is in human form
✗ Link to journal: none currently
Wearing/Driving
✗ Inspiration for newest work: Long Time Coming
✗ Today's deadline: Review email of latest suggestions and criticisms of book draft

═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═ ║═
AntisocialXxxTempermentalXxxBachelorXxxRomance Author

Tyrese kicked his feet through every puddle he walked through, shoulders hunched and head kept down as he shuffled along like a child guilty of something. He would sigh periodically, tiredly, before looking up at the gray chilly sky for several seconds and tucking into himself again. He'd driven the whole town when looking for the toy store hours ago, so he'd had the chance to notice a candy store along the way. Hopefully this was the very same Finn worked at. He did say Sucre's yesterday, didn't he? Well, he would know within a few seconds so there was no backing out now.

Behind the storefront window he saw the brunette sweeping the store, slowing his pace to debate if he would be getting in the way. He felt oddly nervous about all of this. With another sigh, he dodged around the chair keeping the door open and walked inside. He cast the ex-athlete a reserved look before grabbing two bags of sour patch kids and a bag of skittles. One had stroking his lip, he cast Finn an expectant look as he walked to the cash register and dropped his things there with his back remaining turned until the male walked around the counter.

User Image

User Image
Estate #: 1504 Lumiere ┋Funds: $467.75』
TemperStressHappiness lvls:✎✎✎✎┋✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎
"My words are useless if they don't deconstruct the limitations that keep the creativity in you from flourishing." -TY Havens
Out Of Chamomile: True, I just got busy. xD Who in this guild isn't a stalker?
Lady Illusia

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Cho-Cho Twain"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:56 pm
INN EAGAN

User Image

With his head down, he continued to sweep the floors, a tune stuck in his head while his thoughts were filled with his pregnant wife. He would need to call her soon and see how she was feeling and if Jacob came to pick her up. He bite softly into his bottom lip even as his bobbed to the tune playing in his head. Consumed with his current work of cleaning his store, he only heard the heavy footfalls of someone approaching his store and walking inside. He heard their shoes scuffing along the floor and the sound of candy being picked up. He wasn't sure they were done until he heard the candy being set on the counter. Never once having looked up since they entered the store. Although they were giving off a depressing vibe.

Setting the broom aside, he walked around the counter and looked at the candy set down before him. "Is that-" he cut himself off as he looked up to see a very unexpected customer. His eyes grew a little wide and he stood there looking a little dumbfounded. What was Ty doing here? Did he say he wanted them to stay away from each other? Although that look on his face...He looked worse then yesterday honestly. His brows knitted together in concern. Even if they were mad at each other, Finn still cared about his best friend and would be there if needed. "What happened to you man? Looks like you got run over by a eighteen wheeler," he said casually, trying to make the mood a little lighter from his heavy aura permeating the store.

((OOC; True dat! ))
whiters4
Quote:

Lady Illusia

Lady Gatekeeper

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:13 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
✗ Finn
✗ Sucre's Refinements
✗ Is in human form
Wearing/Driving
✗ Today's deadline: Review email of latest suggestions and criticisms of book draft

Tyrese leaned into the counter, arm curling to pinch the bridge of his nose when his head dropped down, "What, are my eyes sunken in and my skin devoid of color or something? You're the second person who has told me that." Tyrese grumbled unhappily, having ignored Finn's dumbfounded stare. Did he really look THAT crappy right now? He should have gone for that drink first, geez! He looked back at Finn as his thumb stroked his lips. He looked at the male's worried expression before staring down at the candy.

Anytime someone asked him that he felt like he was being gutted all over again. He shook his head and took a pass to the question. "About yesterday..." He grumbled, gaze still locked into place, "Whether or not you told me about Lillian it wouldn't have changed anything. I don't like that you kept something from me but...none of it is really your fault." He inched the candy forward with one finger, silently urging Finn to ring it up so he could pay for it.

User Image

User Image
"My words are useless if they don't deconstruct the limitations that keep the creativity in you from flourishing." -TY Havens
Out Of Chamomile:
Lady Illusia

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Cho-Cho Twain"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:32 pm
INN EAGAN

User Image

Finn shook his head at his questioning his looks. "We've been best friends for five years man, I know when stuff's bothering you," he replied, slowly taking the candy at the man's heeding. "Plus, you're giving off a more negative vibe then usual. What happened?" He was doubtful the guy wanted to talk to him, but he would try anyways. While he didn't actually answer his statement about the things he kept secret, he acknowledged them slightly. He wanted to know what was wrong with his best friend first, before he went into the messy details of what he did. The man's well being was his concern, not his semi-apology. No matter how upset either of them got, mostly Ty, Finn would still be worried and ask what was wrong to try and help him. That's the kind of guy Finn was.

((OOC; ))
whiters4
Quote:

Lady Illusia

Lady Gatekeeper

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:50 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
✗ Finn
✗ Sucre's Refinements
✗ Is in human form
Wearing/Driving

Tyrese sighed at Finn's incessant ways, not that the wolf was surprised by it after knowing the meta human for five years. His chin fell into the palm of his hand, his gaze going between staring up at Finn for several long moments before dropping to the counter again. He then rubbed his hand up and down his face and through his hair, standing straight with one hand in his pocket. "I kept Sela for the day, mostly. I thought we were doing okay but...I don't know. She said she didn't want to be like me because I only hurt people." He shrugged, turning to one of the shelves and looking at the plastic containers filled with colorful variations of candy. "I know she said it out of anger and it's not entirely untrue, but..." He wiped his eyes as he played with the plastic baggie used to hold the candy.

User Image

User Image
Out Of Chamomile:
Lady Illusia

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Cho-Cho Twain"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 pm
INN EAGAN

User Image

Golden eyes watched his every move, not really making his own to ring him up just yet. If he did, he knew Ty would run. When he finally did explain what was bothering him, Finn rubbed his chin in thought, absorbing everything he was told. So he spent most of the day with his daughter and then she got mad at him and said something in the heat of anger. Sounds like their fight yesterday really. Taking a deep breath, he let his hand drop to the counter and exhaled slowly as he looked at him. "Ty, if you know she said it out of anger it shouldn't bother you. People always say things they don't mean out of anger," he said, watching him wipe his eyes. This was obviously something that was truly bothering him. His eyes were still a little red, indicating that he had been crying at some point today.

"You're right. You did hurt a lot of people," he stated harshly, not at all sugar coating his words. "And obviously you hurt your family the most; the people you're supposed to give your life for to protect. But, you're making the effort to change all of that right? You're here to mend those broken bonds and fix the mistakes you made. As long as you don't run away again, everything will get better. Ty, you're daughter, Lillian, they won't hate you forever. Especially Sela. She may be mad at you right now, but she finally has you in her life after all this time. Do you know how happy that makes her?" Slowly his lips curled into a smile. He may not be in the same position as Ty, but he can speak from experience that it would make him a thousand times happier to know who is parents were. To meet them and have them in his life once again. To be able to share things with them, like his marriage, or his first child. He could understand that from Sela's point of view and he had never met her. "I can tell you, even though she may seem mad for all the wrong you did, she's even happier to know that you're in her life and attempting to make everything right. To know that you love her and want to be there for her."

((OOC; ))
whiters4
Quote:

Lady Illusia

Lady Gatekeeper

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:21 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
✗ Finn
✗ Sucre's Refinements
✗ Is in human form
Wearing/Driving

Tyrese realized Finn wasnt scanning his purchase to keep him there, feeling slightly annoyed by it. He wasn't going to run away, that was what all of this was supposed to be proving. He groaned inwardly. Guess he hadnt proven it yet. But that was the problem too, as much as it was nice to think things would get better with time, the present made the future bleak. Things didn't always get better. Maybe he would be okay with time, but not necessarily better, not in the sense that he would have a nuclear family consisting of Lillian, Sela and himself in a house with a picket fence. Maybe not in the sense that he would have a wholesome relationship with Sela or Lillian. There was just no guarantee of anything with certaincy.

He left alone the candy bag and stood in place, forcing himself not to fidget more than he already had been. He grumbled. Yes, people said things out of anger but knowing that didn't stop it from hurting. It was more than what she said, seeing her hurt and angry like that kept reiterating the serverity of his screw up. It made the pain burrow that much deeper, and he worried that much more it was something his family wouldn't be able to come back from. He was thinking about whether he was the worse most of options for his family rather than the better. Things could always get worse instead of better. It was a fear for his family's well being and his own. Nevertheless, he still wasn't running away from the future, he was just terrified of it.

He looked at Finn, seeing his smile and laughing halfheartidly in response. That knuckle head. Ty was making an effort and would continue doing so, and Sela and Lillian would be happy regardless of the final outcome. So would he, eventually. For now, he was done talking about it. "Congratulations on being a father, Finn Teagan. So, how does it feel?" He asked, turning to the counter with a relaxed stance. Finn had a lot going on too and the wolf was happy for both him and Bree. He was looking forward to being involved, in what grotesque way that worked out between him and Jacob. Certainly it would be interesting.

User Image

User Image
Out Of Chamomile:
Lady Illusia

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Cho-Cho Twain"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:39 am
INN EAGAN

User Image

And just like that, the conversation had been changed. Even though he wanted to continue talking to Ty about it, he didn't press the issue like he always did. He really needed to understand how to open up more to people other than Lillian. Yeah, he understood that she was special, just like Bree was special to him, but they were best friends. They should be able to talk about anything. Finn rubbed a hand against the back of his neck sheepishly, taking the candy he wanted to purchase and began ringing it up. If he didn't want to stay then he wasn't going to make him any longer. "Honestly? It's nerve racking man. I mean, I work around a bunch of kids and all but I've never been around babies before. I'm scared I'm gonna screw up. I mean, there's only so much you can be taught about raising a kid," he replied, also hoping to show Ty that he wasn't the only one freaking out abut suddenly becoming a parent. Just because their circumstances were different, didn't change the overwhelming fear bubbling in the pit of his stomach. "But, I've got Bree to help me. I mean, I know she always wanted kids even though we never had a serious talk about it so when I mess up, I know she'll be there to help me."

((OOC; ))
whiters4
Quote:

Lady Illusia

Lady Gatekeeper

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:23 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
✗ Finn
✗ Sucre's Refinements
✗ Is in human form
Wearing/Driving

Tyrese had no more experience than Finn just because his child was four, he had no clue if Finn would screw up. He probably would! "Yeah well, you're probably better off since you're worried about it. Just means you'll be extra careful not to." He shrugged again and walked to the checkout, placing down six dollars to cover his purchase. "Sela doesn't need anymore bloody candy, but she likes sour patch kids." He tossed the bag in his hand and held it at his side. He combed his other hand through his hair and exhaled. "You'll have more than just Bree to help you." He clapped a hand against Finn's arm and opened his bag of skittles as he stepped away.

User Image

User Image
Out Of Chamomile:
Lady Illusia

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Cho-Cho Twain"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:33 am
INN EAGAN

User Image

Finn smiled at his words, "Thanks man. It means a lot to me." At least he knew that Ty would be there for them even though he thought he was screwing up right now. Parents screw up. They don't have everything right ad there was most certainly no manual on how to raise children or how to interact with them. From what Finn had gathered from not only watching kids, but talking with their parents, it's all based on instinct. What wouldn't you want your children doing? What would you want them doing? Even showing them affection. It's not something you think about. It's all just things you do without thinking. "You know you and Lillian aren't alone too ya know. Bree and I are there for you guys," he stated as he handed the small bag of candy to his friend. "Anytime you need anything, just call us."

((OOC; ))
whiters4
Quote:

Lady Illusia

Lady Gatekeeper

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:56 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
✗ Finn
✗ Sucre's Refinements
✗ Is in human form
Wearing/Driving

Tyrese nodded, rolling a red skittle between his pointer finger and his thumb. He glanced at Finn, tucking Sela's sour patch kids into his back pocket with the sour rope candy Bree gave her. Trial and error, that was the moral of the story. He hadnt yet thought of how Finn and Bree would be involved with Lillian and Sela. "Sure, I wouldn't mind that. We're still figuring things out, though. I'm supposed to give them space for a few days but after that something will work out." Maybe after he saw if he lived past seeing Lysander again, not today after what happened but sooner or later. "Maybe you can meet her next time."

User Image

User Image
Out Of Chamomile:
Lady Illusia

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Cho-Cho Twain"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:38 am
INN EAGAN

User Image

His face dropped a little. He was certainly happy that Ty wanted him to meet his daughter and everything but didn't he want him to stay away? The fact that he was even here, talking with him was baffling. Of course he would love to meet his best friend's daughter! He wished he could have met her this morning but this morning Ty didn't want to have anything to do with him. But now that he wanted him to be apart of it, he was more then glad to be so. His statement about being told to leave them alone was a little disconcerting. "When someone's mad at you, you try and fix it don't you?" he asked, his brow a little furrowed as he tried to make sense of the situation. "She's your daughter, what do you think you should do?" Finn leaned against the counter, using his arms to prop himself up. He wasn't trying to upset him any further then he already was, but it was obvious that Ty didn't know what to do about it. "Do you think it's wise to stay away even if Lillian told you too? To Sela, it probably seems like you're running away again."

((OOC; ))
whiters4
Quote:

Lady Illusia

Lady Gatekeeper

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:20 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
✗ Finn
✗ Sucre's Refinements
✗ Is in human form
Wearing/Driving

Tyrese was confused by Finn's expression, studying the brunette's face for a few moments. He already figured what in his statement must have bothered him, but Ty wasn't sure what Finn would say about it. He sighed inwardly when Finn voiced the question, folding off the opened part of his skittles bag and putting it away. He nodded, glancing at Finn then looking anywhere else. Ty wanted to fix it, but he didn't know how without causing more damage. He was having some kind of conflict with everyone in his life except Bree right now, that meant everything the wolf knew was shaken up and chaotic. He felt like he had no one today, almost no one, but Bree had enough on her plate she had to worry about that hearing the wolf cry some more.

When asked what he thought he should do, he paused his fidgeting as the answer froze itself at the forefront of his thoughts. He watched Finn lean against the counter, mind going to what Lillian had said. He shrugged and sighed heavily, "Lillian raised Sela so she knows a little better than me. Sela found out she was a wolf today and she wasn't happy about it. Having to keep Sela all at one today took it's toll on both of us, I guess. Still, I already decided to talk to Lillian once I left here about the best way to be doing this, it's confusing since we aren't together. I do what to be there for Sela but if she doesn't want to see me I just don't know whether that means I should stay away." Of course he didn't want to be away from Sela, whether she wanted to see him or not he still wanted to be there. However, things weren't that clean cut.

"Lillian let me stay over last night and we woke up like an actual family today, I started getting my hopes up as if things would settle into that from now on. It felt so natural, but it was only a taste of what should be but isn't. At the end of the day today I'm going to my house and they're staying in theirs, that's the reality of it: nothing really got fixed today and nothing is okay. I want a lot for our family but I'm not fooling myself: I was gone for five years, I don't have a right to ask for anything when it comes to Sela, or my relationship with Lillian, or our family. I can only go by this the way Lillian wants me to until we make it better. So if Lillian thinks Sela needs a few days to let it sink in, then I won't object."

User Image

User Image
Out Of Chamomile:
Lady Illusia

oOBookwormYumiOo"

Cho-Cho Twain"

● Downtown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items