Meetings with Lucifer

Sometime after Soske disappears again and before Mira leaves Hirano to his own devices, she 'happens' to run into the King of Hell himself. And by happens I mean it was all planned by Lucie because he has his own mission and Kale pisses him off. A lot.

The First Meeting

A nice walk was what Mira thought she needed to calm down after a rather heated argument with those in charge of the guild. Soske was not just some rogue demon but they had a point and that's why she had been angry. Lost in thought, she was only brought back to reality when a voice spoke to her. "Mira Young. Hmm... I thought you would look younger being an angel and all that." Mira turned on her heel to face a man sitting on a bench. Her stance was not friendly but the stranger didn't seem to notice.

"Who the hell are you and what do you want?" Mira questioned bluntly. There was nothing remarkable about him and he most certainly wasn't from the guild. He only smiled. "I see. You don't know? Can't figure it out?" He relaxed and Mira almost choked on the aura that spread out from around him. And just as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared. Her intense stare only deepened and her stance became more aggressive. "Demon. And not just any demon. Here I thought the King of Hell was supposed to be fashionable and good looking. And all I got is this lousy f*cker here" Lucifer only shrugged. "Again my question stands. What are you doing here and what do you want?"

Lucifer sat up, placing his chin on his hands. "You are aware of the status of the Makardi twins, yes?" Mira's guard dropped. Soske and Hirano? What did they have to do with this. Though as she pondered this she realized she did know what he was talking about. She crossed her arms with a glare. "Yes and you do know the one you keep trying to have killed has a child." Lucifer did not seem to change expression. "Its about image." He seemed to ponder for a moment before continuing. "That is not what I am here to talk about. I've heard so much about you. I even watched from the sidelines while to took care of the twins. I think you'll like what I have to say."

Only not much else was said before Lucifer bid farewell with a promise to meet in the same spot the next week. Mira tried to ignore it, wanted to forget, but curiosity is a funny thing so instead of ignoring him and going back to whatever it was she might have normally been doing, she made her way to that same spot the next week, just to find out if he was telling the truth. And as it turned out, he was.

The Second Meeting

Much to Mira's surprise, there Lucifer sat in the same spot as the week before. He was just as surprised as she was only he did not show it. He mostly expected her to ignore him and not show up. Yet here she was. "I see Soske's disapperance has had an effect on you. I hadn't expected you to be so willing to meet with me again." Mira glared at him, standing a few feet away from the bench Lucifer sat on. "You said you had something to talk about. Go ahead and spit it out then." Lucifer smiled. He could see why Kale liked this one so much. "Ah yes, that. Its a bit complicated and frankly I'm not sure you are ready for such a conversation. However your time has not been wasted." He spoke quickly as Mira had almost started to leave. Her glare was all he needed to continue. "I want to show you a spell. It takes a lot of work but it will make you practically invisible to any demons who might be searching for you. Including ones that might have a mental link to you."

All Mira could think of was Soske. To learn this spell would mean she could keep Soske safe when she found him. But she didn't trust Lucifer. "And what's in it for you." Lucie chuckled. Straight to the point, he liked that. "There is but one thing I want. It is something you also want. This is just the first step to getting us what we want." Mira snorted. "And what could we both possibly want that would make me trust you?" Lucifer smiled. "Well I guess you'll just have to come back next week to find out. I'm afraid my time here is over. If you want to protect Soske, you'll eventually come around." And with that he was gone. And Mira was left to decide if she was going to come back to find out what he meant or not...