Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 537 538 539 540 541 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:25 am
SubonicXP
"Of course." As soon as Sol left the room, he couldn't help admiring the handiwork a second time as he thought about who'd work best for the demonstration. He wasn't much of a match for Sub's ingenuity when it came to the inventions the team had on hand, so it was usually a treat when things came to fruition like this. Normally he'd wager there'd be more of a field test involved, but the cheerful tone and excitement was practically infectious by time he and Sub had arrived on the field before the cave leading into Tohjo Falls.

For now, he waited alongside Sub for whoever else had decided to come and watch, seeing a few begin to arrive themselves shortly after.

---

"Hm? I'm sure you looked good in the dress, though?" Amaranth asked. "I'd even offer a similar picture, but I couldn't tell you the last time I bothered with one either-" Her train of thought would be promptly derailed by the message from Sub, both through the intercom and her SNAG to ensure she heard him in stereo. "Sure?" Curious herself, she nodded and headed out shortly after Aile. And Reno and Aria too, if they also followed.

---

Aden hadn't fully decided if he was going to wait in the training room or not, but he'd hear the message and pocket his SNAG shortly after. "That's... surprisingly cheerful surprisingly fast," he noted to himself. "Guess that's what dad was talking about before... yeah, I'm curious." He'd step out and join the others outside after a bit, curious about what Sub had been working on.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:58 am
Monique got the message and wondered why Sub was so darn excited. That was quite unlike him. But still, it was better than trying to brush up on her history of Orre... What was that place about? It seemed a bit like Aether Island in its development level, but without a big dome and with a big desert instead.  

MoniqueBrie

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:35 pm
Once everyone was gathered the Dark One, who had been positively beaming with pride, would excitedly step up and clear his throat. "Greetings friends, acquaintances and future identity theft victims! Today is a momentous occasion for our great team! I am privileged to inform you that a new model of Snag Machine is now available to the entire team, the Snag Machine V4.5!" He declared as he paced from side to side, pausing to give a moment for the assumed 'oohs' and 'aahs' that may or may not come. "Working with our friends in Devon Corp., particularly are fellow member Isaac, we were able to reverse engineer a Challenger's Band that I smuggled from the competition and unlocked the secrets to the Dynamax phenomenon! Macro Cosmos can eat my aaa-ahem...any who." For a brief minute there the Snagem leader was getting just a bit too passionate in his disdain for Macro Cosmos. Did he have something against Chairman Rose? Another question for another day.

"Thanks to this tiny bit of relatively minor intellectual property theft we were able to add to the Snag Machine the Dynamax function. Now with just your Snag Machine you'll be able to Dynamax your Pokemon once a day, at will, at any Power Spot!" He announced, though expecting not much of a reaction considering the limited use. "Now, I know what you're thinking, this limits this function completely to Galar, however you'd be wrong to think that! Perish such insolent ideas! For we prepared a work around to that! Sol, if you would be so kind." The man said, turning to the hybrid, implying for him to activate the Dyna Beacon. "Don't pick anything too heavy, don't want to cause too big of a quake and scare the wildlife more than needed." He grinned at Sol.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:02 pm
"Don't think I can't sue," I warned Sub when he let out that little 'identify theft victim' remark. I trusted Sub with a lot. Honestly, more than was probably wise. My identity, however, was NOT something I trusted him with. Or anybody other than myself, honestly. Not that I needed to stick around to argue that, because the second the word "Dynamax" left Sub's lips, I turned around and headed back indoors. I had no interest in the inflation fetish that dumpster fire of a region had, and I didn't need the new technology demonstrated to me. I'd heard enough.

I silently headed back to the kitchen and sat opposite Keiko. "What was it about?" she asked, looking confused that I'd come back so quick. I knew she didn't care for my family's disdain for Galar, and I didn't enjoy arguing with her, so I swallowed my Unovan pride and spoke plain. "Sub's added Dynamax functionality to the Snag Machines."

"Oh," Keiko replied, not that surprised. She didn't think all that much about Dynamaxing herself, so I didn't expect her to have any real interest in the process. Therefore, I was a little surprised when she spoke up again. "Can you hold her? I need to..." Keiko trailed off, motioning Yuna gently toward me.

"Right, right," I said, assuming she needed to use the bathroom or something. I took Yuna from her and focused my attention on my daughter, who reached out for Keiko as she started to walk away. "She'll be right back, it's okay," I told her gently. It was kind of sweet that she was so worried about her mother, but Keiko couldn't realistically hold her all day.

Keiko didn't actually need to go anywhere. She trailed off because she didn't like lying to people, especially those close to her. She wasn't sure why, but she didn't feel comfortable admitting to me that she was curious about how Sub got Snag Machines to work with Dynamaxing and wanted to see for herself. She knew I wasn't going to berate her for being curious or anything, but the anxiety was still there. So, she headed outside, taco in hand as she hadn't had a chance to eat with an active baby in her arms. She didn't say anything as she joined the gaggle of Snagems surrounding Sub.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:20 pm
Lykas and Odd were just finishing eating when the declaration of a tech demo regarding new upgrades to the Snag Machine. "I've already got a couple upgrades to mine." Lykas announced aloud. "Yeah, I've got one or two of my own..." Odd agreed, both looking over to Wren and Clare. "Why don't you two go check it out? You might be more interested than you think." Odd suggested when the two looked up at him, feeling his crimson eyes burning into them.

Wren nodded but didn't say anything. He knew the other channeler was probably right about this and he had no Snag Machine upgrades of his own anyway. And he could use this opportunity to give the young Clare a bit more comfort in the area. The hybrid had seemed to feel out of place(for good reason from what he had learned of them) practically everywhere around HQ despite the attempts others had made so far to make them feel welcome in the same way as Monique had been. Standing up and offering the hybrid his hand, he'd show them the way.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:30 am
Sol gave a slightly stealth sideeye to Sub when he mentioned the identity theft bit in his greeting, but this wasn't the time or place to talk about what exciting secrets (and debt!) the team members might have in store sometime in the future. The Macro Cosmos remark had him wonder a little too, but then again, things were a little awkward in Galar... besides, there were things to make far bigger than they had any right to be and people to either impress or terrify. Or both, both was always a valid option.

"Right," he remarked as he took the Wishing Piece he was given earlier and gripped it in the same hand as the Snag Machine itself, briefly tapping at the touch screen. "From the cursory glance, believe we do this and-" At once, he'd see the screen light up with what could be described as the Galarian league symbol at home, with Snagem's telltale twist of purple and black highlights added for flavor. But between that and the soft reddish glow of the Wishing Piece, he could tell it was seemingly working as intended.

"Good, it didn't explode," he added with a chuckle. "Now then, observe!" Tightening his grip on the Wishing Piece as the glow intensified, its energy would be siphoned into the Dyna Beacon, eventually causing the Snag Machine it was attached to to take on the same glow in place of the now-spent stone. Knowing the gathered Dynamax Energy wouldn't last for too long, he'd quickly swap the Wishing Piece out for Inigo's ball and let the energy travel from the Snag Machine to the ball. With a final toss, the normally baseball-sized device would grow closer to a beach ball in size. Somehow still light enough to catch in one hand, he'd take it in both hands only a second later.

While there was little fanfare to his tossing the ball immediately after, he figured to let the actions speak for him. The ball would still open like any other even with its larger size and red glow, the gathered energy dispersing a little as his Scorbunny came out. And grew. And grew again. When the glow finally dissipated for a moment, Inigo would be shown to tower over Sol and Sub- let alone anyone else- with relative ease. Though surprised, he still let out a deep cry that sent some of that Dynamax Energy outward, causing the wind to pick up briefly and the sky to darken as a few red clouds formed over his head.

"This, is the Dyna Beacon! With this," Sol finally added, "We can make our own Power Spots and won't be tethered to Galar's homegrown solution! Give thanks to Ambrosia, her help's also been invaluable in making this a reality and letting more of them be alchemized!"

Inigo would try to add to the overall scene by jumping and letting out another cry, causing a second quake until Sol turned around. "Careful, Inigo. Don't want to shake the ground too much."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:31 pm
It was some time after Sub and Sol performed his demonstration outside with the new Dynamax upgrades for the SNAG Machine. For those who didn’t go outside initially, it came to pretty much a shock after getting a quake made by a giant rabbit making impact on the ground. When Freth, Tristen, and I went outside to find out what the hell happened, thinking that yet another Ultra Beast paid us a visit probably, we sighed pretty much in relief…and then a sigh of disgust out of me, though not really unsurprised at any rate. I still remembered when I tried it the one time in the Galar tournament…and I really didn’t like it. I don’t know, call me old fashioned. Regardless, Mega Evolution, Z-moves, Dynamax…anything a weapon to save the world as it were. Though I had to question if there was really any good time, let alone any practicality, to even use it anywhere other than the Galar region. And even in the Galar region, they had designated areas for such a thing...at least as far as they were aware of. Imagine a giant Blaziken or something of that sort smack in the middle of Hoenn for some weird reason. Not like you could use it in a gym or anything of that sort. At least that was one thing Mega Evolutions and Z-moves had going for them…

The time there after wasn’t uneventful at all. At least for Freth. After going off for another contest, which it was to my surprise that she even went to one again, she was hard at work on something. Stated something off-the-wall happened…things that was probably relevant to the events which has been going on all this time since Galar. She apparently had to do a bit of research real fast, revisiting her roots in delving into apparently long forgotten history. Primarily information from the library located in Canalave City in the Sinnoh region. Once she had her information though ready to be accessed with a couple of touches with her SNAG, she went back on the hunt for Sub. He had to know about this...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:56 pm
[After the Dynamax demonstration. (Will post at that later.)]

Freth would find Sub at his typical haunt, his office, the man making some notes on observations of the Dynamax function of the Snag Machine and the optional Dyna Beacon. He didn't tell anyone but that was the first time it was actually used out on the field and not in a controlled so he was just a little bit nervous but nothing bad happened, no oversized eyeballs or giant head tiny body kind of deal...this time. The man would perk up as he heard the knock on his door and would call out for whoever it was on the other side to enter.

"Oh, Freth, hey there!" The Snagem leader said as the door opened and Freth stepped in. Not that he was hiding anything but he would remove his papers and folders from his desk and stash them away in one of the drawers, out of respect, a sign that she had his complete attention and nothing else was around to draw it away. "Isn't it nice to be back home? No primitives, no new inter-dimensional invaders...yet...it's been nice." He commented as he put the last of his work away. "So, what do I owe the offer?" The human asked the hybrid.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:07 pm
SubonicXP

"Oh, Freth, hey there!" The Snagem leader said as the door opened and Freth stepped in. Not that he was hiding anything but he would remove his papers and folders from his desk and stash them away in one of the drawers, out of respect, a sign that she had his complete attention and nothing else was around to draw it away. "Isn't it nice to be back home? No primitives, no new inter-dimensional invaders...yet...it's been nice." He commented as he put the last of his work away. "So, what do I owe the offer?" The human asked the hybrid.

"That depends on your definition of inter-dimensional invaders." she said, entering the office and closing the door behind her. "Are we talking strictly or loosely speaking?" she then walked over towards his desk, setting her SNAG on Sub's desk. She gave a couple of taps on it and a small holographic projection eminated from it for Sub to see. It was a scan apparently of a page of Pokemon not known to exist anymore straight from a book from the Canalave Library. Sub would see an image with a bit of non-descript text, but the more important was the image with that text. A picture of a Sneasel of long ago. "See this? This is a Sneasel. I doubt I need to tell you that. Straight out of the Hisui region, you know the region we just came from. Tell-tell signs from the ones nowadays, lavender-ashen body, but purple face and claws, generally. Not that you can really tell from a old black-and-white book, but anyways. Not a single documented case of one existing in over two centuries. With me so far?"

Freth would then take out the Ultra Ball and released the Pokemon out on Sub's floor, then bends over long enough, making the Pokemon yelp out as she picked up the Pokemon and sat the Hisuian Sneasel on his desk, on top of whatever paperwork and such. "...Hisuian Sneasel. Out of Galar. No more than...eh, couldn't be any longer than 24 hours ago."

"Nyyao." The Hisuan Sneasel looked back, staring at Freth in irritation for a second then looked forward at the new stranger before it.

"By the way, don't touch the claws unless you want to be medicated by Doc Owl for poison affliction." she then mentioned.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:28 pm
Blizzard120

"By the way, don't touch the claws unless you want to be medicated by Doc Owl for poison affliction." she then mentioned.

Sub wasn't really following Freth at first, why was she talking about a Sneasel and why to him? Of course he knew of Sneasel, besides him Blizzard was probably the only other member on this team with a plethora of knowledge on the species. Was this related to a Sneasel she had or something? The answer to that question of course would be yes, just not in the manner of which Sub had originally envisioned.

The man would jump as the Hisuian variant was sat on his desk, the Snagem leader surprised, shocked, and utterly befuddled by this thing that Freth had just pulled out from Darkrai knows where. Trying his best to pay attention to Freth while staring at the strange looking Sneasel he heard her mention this was caught here, in the present time, and not in Sinnoh either, the modern Hisui, but how was that even possible? If he didn't know this was the Hisuian variant, as Freth explained, he'd think it was just some sick or deformed Sneasel, or heck, even one of Ein's experiments seemed more plausible than a Sneasel variant apparently out of time. Did something happen when they traveled back?

"Okay so...clearly something is uh...very wrong..." Was all he could say for awhile as he continued to stare at the Sneasel, not yet comfortable enough to touch it, especially if it had the personality of modern Sneasel. "It can't be a coincidence that you find this just days after we return from Hisui, there has to be a connection. Otherwise this is the biggest coincidence in all of history, that you find an extinct subspecies after a time traveling trip to the time it existed."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:38 pm
SubonicXP

"Okay so...clearly something is uh...very wrong..." Was all he could say for awhile as he continued to stare at the Sneasel, not yet comfortable enough to touch it, especially if it had the personality of modern Sneasel. "It can't be a coincidence that you find this just days after we return from Hisui, there has to be a connection. Otherwise this is the biggest coincidence in all of history, that you find an extinct subspecies after a time traveling trip to the time it existed."

"You're telling me." Freth said. "You're the first person I brought this to. I don't know if it has any relation to our trip, or even just the whole Ultra Space chaos we've been having as a whole. Something is going on here, Sub, and I don't know where to start."

"I know you're not going to like this suggestion, but you could try to get in contact with the Recon Squad."
the hunter chimed in. "I might know a way to do that."

"Oh you would like that." Freth said, forgetting a second that Sub couldn't hear the Hunter as she could. "Not happening."

"Regardless of what you think, this is an event much bigger than you, or Snagem as a whole. You know that. I never even seen such a thing happen. Or thought it could happen."

"We'll figure that out." she said "Ugh, the sooner I can get her out of my head the better..."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:43 pm
Blizzard120

"We'll figure that out." she said "Ugh, the sooner I can get her out of my head the better..."

Sub perked up when Freth began to speak to the other person in her head, he had seen it happen a few times so he wasn't too taken back by it. Once her conversation appeared to be done he spoke. "...what did she say?" Sub asked, taking a sudden interest in the bounty hunter, his gaze intense as he looked Freth in the eyes, as if searching for the other consciousness in there. Of course Sub wasn't psychic and definitely couldn't do such a thing. For now he was resigned to looking for signs that the bounty hunter was speaking.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:55 pm
"She suggesting to reach out to the Recon Squad, that is to say the guys that allowed her to come here. And for that matter, the people that Crystal wants no business with." Freth said, emphasizing the last part of her sentence. "I would rather not deal with those guys myself. I can't imagine it going any way well..."

"That isn't provided they don't already know oddities happening to this world to begin with. You're not going to be able to hide it forever."
the hunter stated to her. Freth rolls her eyes at the thought of it.

"In any case, I am hating to think on what else might be out there that shouldn't be. I kind of wonder...Hisui had those temporal distortions that we ended up having to use to hopefully luck out and find our way back home, right? What if our reality had something similar to that back centuries ago." Freth then suggested. "What if this thing got caught up in one of those distortions and ended up here in this time...though I guess that would then leave the question would the distortion take them to Sinnoh or just wherever it bloody well pleases. Conversely...if anything from our time ended up back then...God, is Dialga and Palkia sleeping on the job? Is this a prank?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:11 pm
Brian and Amber both watched the demonstration, each having mixed emotions about it. Amber wasn't sure if any of her Pokemon would be interested, although Spooky seemed rather intrigued by the whole process. Brian, on the other hand, while impressed, felt like it was too much to ask for, and decided that while it did look interesting, it wasn't for him. He felt it unfair to his opponents, especially if they didn't have the same ability. So while he would probably get the upgrade at some point, he wouldn't use it unless he was up against an opponent that had the same ability.

When Brian walked back into the HQ, he felt one of his Pokeballs shake slightly, and he smiled as he tossed said Pokeball to let Sparx out. He liked spending time with the Yamper; the Electric-type's almost boundless energy was refreshing from the more serious natures of Lu and Firebrand. Grace still needed to be purified, so there was that, and Randy seemed more lazy than anything else, now that he'd been captured. As soon as Sparx was outside his ball, he looked around for a moment, then sat down where he was. Brian knew what he wanted, so he pulled an Electric-type poffin from the case he carried on him, holding it out to the Yamper.

While he would normally take it right away and scarf it down, this time, Sparx actually ignored the treat. Brian was confused by this; what was going on? He got his answer a moment later when the Yamper stood and threw back his head, letting out a short howl before his body was enveloped in a bright blue light. Brian leaned back, surprised as much as happy at the event happening right in front of him. The last time he'd witnessed an evolution, it had been Lu evolving during the tournament, battling against the Striation Trio. It only took a few seconds for Sparx's evolution to finish, and when he was done, a Pokemon he'd only seen in the Pokedex on his SNAG stood in his place.

"Boltund!" the new Pokemon exclaimed, happy with his evolution and his new form. "Sparx, ye've evolved!" Brian said, ecstatic that the Yamper he'd raised from an egg was at his final evolution. He'd done some research on Sparx's evolution, wanting to find out as much as he could for when Sparx finally evolved, and he was glad he did. At least now, he had some idea of how to train with the Electric-type, as well as what his mannerisms and habits might be like. True to what the Pokedex said, once he'd finished evolving, Sparx looked at Brian and gently took the treat from his hand, gobbling it down within a few seconds. "Ah, so ye're still a glutton, then," Brian said, laughing as he rubbed the newly-evolved Boltund's head. "I'll have to come up with a new training regimen for ye, but we can worry about that later."  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:07 pm
[One month since the last Ultra Beast sighting.]

Things had died down for Team Snagem in the last month, with nary a blip on the radar of any Ultra Wormholes or Ultra Beasts, the longest peace they've had since all this started up. Crystal had her theories over why things have died down but truthfully couldn't give any certain answers simply due to the nature of Ultra Space. Sub had spent much time shoring up their detection systems and creating contingency plans since he returned from Hisui, hoping the next time any of these beasts cross over they'd be ready. There was one thing that really drove him to prepare, more so than he had originally intended, something that really sat wrong with him. It was something the bounty hunter had relayed through Freth that kept him up at night, this Ultra Recon Squad. The more he learned about them, most via Crystal, the more it troubled him that they hadn't reared their faces yet. It was like he was holding his breath, waiting for disaster.

Reprieve from his stressful days would come just a few days ago in the form of a certain red-feathered hybrid. Someone had suggested they take a vacation, a real one this time, unlike the disaster that was their one in Galar. When Sol caught wind of his idea the Ho-oh hybrid immediately had an idea for a location, one of which took Sub by surprise. "Paldea!? Wait...wait wait wait! Over thirty years, Sol! Over thirty years you spoke of your home region and not once have you mentioned its name! Are you being serious right now or is this like the Girafarig thing?" Sub and Sol were in the common room, discussing this idea for the team to vacation in Sol's home region of Paldea. Sub knew Sol was from some far off region, a place he himself had never set foot in, but in all his years of knowing Sol he barely ever spoke of the place, besides the rare arguments they'd get into concerning certain species of Pokemon some claims exist there.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 537 538 539 540 541 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff