Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:12 pm
SubonicXP

Durable as the Snag Machines were, a toss like that wouldn't do anything to it. The declaration of its obsolescence might've been a different story, had the machine had any sort of sentience to let it care and feel. And while the toss was indeed jarring, it certainly wasn't the brashest thing he's seen out of Sub.

"Ah, so this is what you needed those Wishing Stars for a while back," he commented after his composure returned, seeing the touchscreen that the apparent 3.0? 4.0? He'd long since lost track of the Snag Machine iterations. "Normally I'd remark that being limited to Galarian excursious would be an issue, but it sounds like you've found a way around that already. And," he'd slip the Snag Machine onto his left hand in place of the one unceremoniously tossed, "Why you'd want it tested. So what's the upgrade you figured out alongside?"

He tapped at the touchscreen briefly, opting to instead leave it alone for the moment. He didn't want to do something like accidentally Dynamax a Pokemon in one's office.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:20 pm
Darksol88

"As sharp as ever I see." Sub commented in response to Sol's question of another upgrade. "Your Snag Machine comes with an optional upgrade, for the others, called the Dyna Beacon!" He declared with pride, mumbling something part through about how 'expensive' that upgrade is and he isn't made of money. "With a Wishing Star Piece held in your gloved hand you can draw the energies from the piece and activate the Dyna Beacon functioning, turning the Snag Machine itself into a Power Spot for a limited amount of time, allowing you to Dynamax anywhere! It of course uses up the piece and you'll need another next time you use the function but it's a mobile Power Spot! Think of the uses!" He went on. Sol could now Dynamax anywhere he wished, provided he had a Wishing Star Piece.

"Here, so you can give it a test run." He said, pulling a Wishing Star Piece out of his pocket and handing it to Sol. "I bet you wish I was here to give you this upgrade before facing Buzzwole, huh?" The man grinned.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:38 pm
SubonicXP
"That..." Taking the Wishing Piece, Sol couldn't help looking down where he'd been punched a few days prior. "Would've helped a lot a few days ago." He was sure the area was still bruised with how tender it still felt. "Though, Ultra Beasts and being hurtled into Hisui would throw a few snags... but Sub, this is some impressive kit, engineering a portable Power Spot like that! I didn't think the Wishing Stars would prove to be that strong of a catalyst." A few thoughts on its applications came to mind, the edge it might give the team with any future threats. Or the spectacle it'd make for if a couple of members decided to battle.

"My first thought would be to test this outside, let the others know about the updated functions. I would use Charizard for the test run, but purifying him's still been difficult. Not that I think the virus would stop the process, mind, but it'd be too dangerous. But almost anyone else should be just fine. Shall we?"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:42 pm
Reno would immediately crack back at Aile with his own smart remark. "You are totally stealing something. My look, right now. You one-armed bandit." He said, detaching his arm and placing it on his lap as he gestured between the two of them. ".....wait, again? I can barely envision you in A dress with how much you've lived in that green jacket. And you had the gall and charisma to outstyle someone else's prom dress? This I have to hear."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:42 pm
Reno Vantas

Aile laughed loudly when Reno stated that he could barely imagine her in a dress. While there was one time in relatively recent memory that she wore one, yeah, it was pretty much pants for the woman. Simpler, and you didn’t have to worry nearly as much about creeps while wearing them. “Yes, Reno, I have been known occasionally to show an actual feminine side. I understand that something like that’s rather hard to imagine for me. Mostly because it’s not nearly as practical to doll myself up like that most days.” With a chuckle, she’d lean back into the chair and close her eyes. “You want that story, though? Fine. Let’s get some background set up first, though.

“I was seventeen at the time, my brother and I were at this high end private school in Kalos, and he started dating this girl. By this time, I had managed to catch Tati as a Trapinch, and was already starting to get looked at as just a quiet wallflower. Mother had me in all of the AP classes, nose to the grindstone you know, so I didn’t get much time to do things I wanted, outside of any archery practice,” she’d explain casually, sighing briefly. “So, this girl my brother’s dating, she’s a narcissistic a**. Rude to anyone she deems beneath her, which equates to anyone lower than her, not in her little group of sycophants, so on and so forth. Standard spoiled noble elitism. Was rude even to me because I didn’t appreciate her attitude. I tolerated her at home whenever she came over to keep the peace, but Arceus did I want to punch her in the face. Just didn’t have the time most days.”

“So, prom season comes around, they’re still dating, they decide to go together. Cool. However, she becomes even more insufferable during this period. By this point, my brother’s practically wrapped around her finger, she’s acting like she’s one of the family, they think it’s something serious, yadda yadda. Treating our family servants like dirt, which I wasn’t going to tolerate, especially the old woman who helped raise us. Tough as nails, but gave a damn about how we were raised and did her best to treat us kindly but firmly. Apparently, she had gotten hired when my mother was a child, so yeah, she was practically a member of the family herself. Anyways, I hated how my brother’s girlfriend was treating anyone who didn’t bow down at her feet, practically, and, well… I was a bored teen with very few outlets to cut loose in.

“So, I did what any normal person wouldn’t have done in this situation. I found out where she was getting her prom dress from and went over there on one of our shopping trips. Talked to the people there, money might have changed hands before I found out what dress she was getting, and I get one ordered for myself. Talked to my parents, they find it a little odd for me to want to go to prom suddenly, and without a date, but it got shrugged off. Just said that I wanted to actually say I went, have the memories, that sort of thing, let’s gloss over the fact that I had said earlier that I would rather actually have some peaceful free time while everyone actually fawned over my brother and his date for a change. In the meantime, once the dress showed up, I worked on trying to figure out how to best pair it, eventually get some of the other maids in on this, including Amelie, the old woman I mentioned earlier. Though, she tried to talk me out of it, at first. Eventually, she decided that if I wasn’t going to back down, she was at least going to make me look my absolute best. Parents still didn’t know that the dress was a match for Evan’s girlfriend’s, though.” A giant grin would begin forming on her face here, as if the upcoming memories were some of her favorite.

“So, prom day gets here. A lot of the girls wind up calling out, or get picked up early for school, myself and brother's girlfriend included in this, mostly so we could get ready for the night. Eventually, my brother goes to pick up his girl, I’m staying in my room until she shows up and leaves. My parents know I really don’t like her, so they find nothing odd with that. Apparently, though, they did find it odd when Amelie greeted her, said her outfit was lovely, but made no comment that the two of us had the exact same dress. Thankfully, they played along until they left, but hoooo boy, you should have heard my father bellow once they had left. The both of them figured out what I was planning on doing once she showed up, but followed Amelie’s lead. Have I mentioned I love that woman? Arceus, she was one of the few lights in an otherwise mundane light. Anyways. This’ll be the only time I actually thank my mother instead of my father here, but he was so ticked that I would try to steal someone else’s thunder by doing this. Mother… she honestly looked a bit proud actually, before reminding my father how she was treating most of the staff, even after polite reminders that this was not her home, and she shouldn’t be treating our servants like she might hers. And mother never was really that demeaning to the servants. Maybe cold, but never truly treated them like they were expendable. Our lives wouldn’t have functioned like they did without them, and she at least recognized that. Father… He grew up as a commoner, so the whole general treat everyone with respect, decency, don’t be petty thing… yeah, that was how he was raised. And he remembered how much of a thing it was to find a unique prom dress for the girls. But mother stood up for me, said that if I was going to get back at her, ‘might as well upstage that harlot in the grandest way possible for a teen.’ Again, the only time you’ll catch me praising her.

“So, the dress… it was a spaghetti strap type of deal. Didn’t show any cleavage or anything.. Not like I have anything to show off anyways, but she had assets. It was light green, it had no back at all, and a slit in front of one of the legs about half way up my thigh, with the length of the dress reaching the floor with me in some… really high stilettos. Gold jewelry inset with emeralds and a few rubies, aforementioned stilettos, red gemmed clutch, hair done up just so… All of the maids did extremely well in helping me get all dolled up, I was so grateful for them. Anyways. The ride there, after getting chewed out by my father and then my parents eventually getting into a fight, it was nerve racking, I won’t lie. I was worried about her getting petty right back and sending her sycophants to somehow ruin things for me. However, the stares I got as soon as I got out of the car… ooh, those were fun. I never wore makeup at school, because I barely had time for myself, I did the absolute minimum amount of self care in the mornings. So, apparently people seeing me actually using make up and well on top of that, it just blew everyone’s mind,” she laughed, leaning back again. “That helped a whole lot, and I wound up having a great time. She got pissed, someone attempted to spill punch on my dress, she wound up getting punch spilled on her when she tripped over her dress, and then when she started yelling at my brother about my dress and ordering him to tell me to change, his rebuttal was that he wasn’t the heir apparent according to our family, so he couldn’t do anything. I heard they broke up later that night because she couldn’t stand that idea.” With a shrug, she leaned forward, a smirk on her face. “I’m honestly really glad that I was a senior, though. Less time to have to deal with her anger. Though, not really reacting to her own attempts at revenge really started making her a little less popular. It was starting to get boring for them, especially when her actions were beginning to get cruel… It is kind of fun to watch someone unravel as their set worldview is challenged for the first time, and they can’t handle it.

“So, any other questions? Other than the only photo of me dressed up like that would be at the family home, and I’m not getting it. I’d rather not return to Kalos if I have to.”  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:08 pm
Reno would just stare at Aile for a moment, eyebrows raised as he nodded his head along to the story as it ended. And then immediately shift to disappointment as his first question he had was immediately shot down. "Dangit. I was really hoping I would get to see that. But your story was really interesting. Man, was that what high school was like most days?" Reno said, scratching his chin in thought. "And here I all got was a GED and major mental trauma because of things I only learned later involved Sub. Dude really made me miss out on some regular childhood stuff."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:30 pm
Amaranth had found her way to Reno and Aile at some random point, bottle of water in hand and stopping when she started hearing Aile's story of how to make someone petty on a nuclear level. Confused as she was about the whole school thing- unable to recall anything of the sort herself- she did come to at least one conclusion. "Um. Sorry, I overheard the story and can you just remind me to never upset you like that? Thanks?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:41 pm
Another hearty laugh would come from Aile, turning to Amaranth. "That was something that had been brewing for a while, even before she began dating my brother. So it would take quite a lot to get there. But yes, if you really want me to, don't become a narcissistic brat to anyone and everyone. And no, I would have liked to have a more normal, less stressed out high school experience, Reno. But when you're the first out of a pair of twins to come out of someone's uterus...." The woman rolled her eyes before shaking her head. "That was really some of the most drama you could make, though. Noooot some of the crazier antics though. During finals, a group of guys wound up crawling around in the vents at school. That was odd."  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:49 pm
Reno continued to stare towards Aile as he processed what she had just said. "They went crawling in the vents? Just....because? At least when I've done it, I've had an idea of what I was going to do after I got through the vents. They aren't exactly exciting places, especially if they aren't cleaned regularly." Reno questioned, still befuddled over what would drive someone to consider just being in a vent something that they wanted to do after they had discovered that they could.

But he wasn't able to speak again before someone else came bursting into the small conversation that Amaranth, Reno, and Aile had been having. "Okay, I only barely heard the prom dress story and wasn't sure but the whole vent thing seals it. You're the crazy girl who got that snob so wound up her hair nearly combusted!" Aria said, throwing an accusatory finger towards Aile as she said so. "She tried to take out my guitar like a day after that because it was too loud and how dare I clutter her air with my inane racket. Which.....I got to see you in that dress, so I'd call it fair trade now but I woulda been pissed as hell back then."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:01 pm
"Wait, you two..." Amaranth looked to Aria when she spoke up, then to Aile, then to Aria again. "Went to the same school?" She knew it sounded pretty obvious, but it was a little surprising. "Small world, I think that's the saying? Not that I can fully relate. If I did go to any schools, I don't remember any of it." She thought about asking if stuff like going into vents was a normal thing, but she had a feeling it wasn't. Maybe.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:15 am
Darksol88

"My first thought would be to test this outside, let the others know about the updated functions. I would use Charizard for the test run, but purifying him's still been difficult. Not that I think the virus would stop the process, mind, but it'd be too dangerous. But almost anyone else should be just fine. Shall we?"

"Sure! One second though..." Sub said as he took out his SNAG, tapping on the screen a few times before holding up to mouth level and spoke. "Ahem!" He hacked into the device, the sound ringing throughout HQ over the intercom and also through individual SNAGs. "If anyone would like to see a tech demo of our latest general and optional Snag Machine upgrade please gather just outside HQ, got in the fields. We need plenty of room for this one!" The man declared, the cheer in his voice noticeable. With that he pocketed the voice and turned to Sol. "Let's go." He grinned.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:31 am
I was finishing the last bits of my taco when the intercom went off. The discussion about a new, optional upgrade to the SNAG got my attention, though I couldn't help but be a little bit suspicious. Out in the fields? Need lots of space? This wasn't some Galarian nonsense, was it?

"Could you check that out for me?" Keiko asked, a playful baby hybrid in her arms. I smiled, pushed the feeling my gut down, kissed Keiko, and rubbed Yuna's head a bit before walking away.

The further I got from the kitchen, however, the more my suspicions grew in my head. Despite that, however, I forced myself to try to keep an open mind. By the time I was out in the sun, I was pretty sure I knew what this was about. But I walked up to Sub and the small congregation that somehow got there ahead of me. waved to the lot with a small grin on my face, and stood back, waiting for Sub to start the demo. And, by proxy, for anyone else interested in seeing it to show.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

DeoLux

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:17 pm
Hearing Sub's command, he would get up and proceed to put what food has been out in the fridge and sealed it up too. Then he would head outside and tell Sub. "Hey, what's going on? I have made tacos in the kitchen when you are ready". Now outside, Deo was feeling good with his newly mended shirt and his black and gold fur shining in the sun as he took a bath the night before and combed his hair to a nice polish before the big meal. He felt the need to exercise now, given he has a full stomach and is active now.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:23 pm
Brian heard the announcement through the intercom, and since he was always curious about upgrades to any kind of technology, he decided to check it out. He walked out to the fields, eager to see just what kind of upgrade Sub could be talking about.

-----------------

Amber, too, had heard the announcement, though she was slower to follow than some of her fellow Snagems. She didn't know what kind of upgrade Sub could be talking about, but it had piqued her curiosity, so she decided she'd check it out. If it was anything that could give them an edge in battle against any more Ultra Beasts that kept appearing, then perhaps it might be something she would look into. That would remain to be seen, however, until the demonstration was over.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:41 pm
Aile blinked at Aria, not expecting her to jump in, especially not with her actually knowing the story, much less seeing her at that prom. Her eyes turned to the one spot where Golem had gone to tear up the tile, digging into her past as she tried to place her. The guitar would be the one thing to set her apart, as otherwise, she probably would have blended in, at least in her head. Most people at that school had. “I… Yes, Ammy. That would be the saying. And, well… I’m just amazed, at least. You’re the girl who always had her guitar with her. Sorry about that, I suppose.” She rubbed the back of her head, minorly embarrassed. “Holy hell, though. Seriously, small world. How could this have happened?... Also, if you happen to have any images of me from that prom, don’t show them around, please? I’d like to keep up the image of never dressing up to the nines like that unless I absolutely have to.” Her attention would then shift to the announcement that Sub sent out, raising an eyebrow. “Uh, okay?... Anyone else want to see what Sub apparently concocted?” Without waiting for an answer, Aile would get up and head outside, partially glad to get out of suddenly walking down memory lane with a former classmate, and genuinely curious about what’s going on.

------------
After breaking away from the group, Crystal went to find an open area to take a nap in, somewhere that was pretty open, and maybe had a wall she could lean up against. She had found that and managed to get herself comfortable only to hear Sub's voice though her SNAG. "You have got to be... No, just no," she muttered, leering at the device. "If they show up here, fine. I'm not moving, though." With that, she nestled herself into a comfortable position and closed her eyes, intending on taking a nap. Hopefully just a nap.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff