Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:11 pm
Attack lowering moves, she'd screech. Unfortunately that would take a concerted effort that I couldn't contribute to. I didn't have anyone with such attacks. Defense killers, sure, but nothing of the sort, and we'd have to pray that this Ultra Beast doesn't tear us apart trying to do it, or if it would succumb to any Pokemon's charms. Tristen on the other hand did have another round about way of going about it. "Wait...Dragonite, return!" Tristen would shout, taking out his Dragonite's Pokeball before it could take any considerable damage from the likes of the beast.

"Wha!? What are you doing!?" I shouted to him.

"Cover me!" he said starting to stash the ball, pulling out another one.

"Son of a-...fine, Rotom, Flash!" I shouted. The Rotom would buzz about the burly otherworldly insect, unleashing a blinding Flash upon the Ultra Beast.

As Rotom tries to stave off the Ultra Beast for those few precious seconds, Tristen tosses out another battler to the field. "Xatu! Go!" As the ball lands, the ball flashes open and out comes the ever vigilant Xatu, unfurling its wings and cries out its presence. Xatu was ready for battle. "Xatu! Use Power Swap!"

"Oh now I get it..." I said. That would bring this things assault to a standstill. I didn't realize Tristen had Xatu on him, probably intending on using him against me if our spar went on its way as opposed to having to deal with this dimensional intruder.

The Xatu flies in, focusing its power, to rob the Buzzwole of its might.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:34 pm
There was a small moment of hope for Leslie when the Buzzwole was shot into the water, giving a vicious grin as she prepared to clean up whatever was left of this thing. It had gotten one good hit but that was element of surprise. Now they had a good understanding of the bug they were dealing with and it wasn't going to last a hot minute.

And then Grunt took a Drain Punch so strong that there wasn't even a chance.

Whatever anger and bravado had been fueling her charge and assault on this thing left at that sight. She had been assuming this thing had gotten the drop on Porygon 3 and had taken it out that way, but....it was way too powerful for that to have been the only reason it took out the Ice type. And after that demonstration that had just ruined two more of her Pokemon, two of Abby's Pokemon, and Leslie's jaw, she felt in her gut that they needed something to get an edge on this thing. Gritting her teeth and trying to steady the slight shake in her legs, Leslie would take off as Blizzard and Tristan took their shot at the monstrosity, returning her Pokemon to their Pokeballs as she retreated. She had to find a way back to the main HQ. There had to be something on hand that might make this work out, because there was no way anything the rest of them had (that Leslie knew about) was going to be able to save them.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:35 pm
Sol and Arnau managed to exchange a look of apprehension as the assault seemed successful at first, Buzzwole going through the stream, both of them backing up when it burst forth to make hilariously short work of Leslie's Onix and almost as short work of Broly. This was woefully equipped for the Breloom then being hurled straight at Arnau, the impact practically speeding him into a wall of the cave alongside and knocking him out too. "Right, it's going for the monster kill," the hybrid remarked, eyes wide and still yet to understand what they were up against. He did notice there was an awful lot of flexing in everything it was doing, though...

"Bugs do tend to have different ways of communicating... wonder if that's yours. Assuming you're a Bug-type looking like that." Rather than risk putting another Pokemon through the wringer, Sol just stepped forth and decided to approach the Buzzwole, blade drawn and wreathed in flame as he channeled a Flamethrower through it. After all, his weird plan wouldn't work if he didn't approach.

What came next from Sol wasn't an attack in the slightest, but some attempt at a sort of interpretative dance, his sword adding a dance of flames and a rainbow trail as he did. It'd end shortly after it began with him sticking it into the ground and the flames dissipating, the hybrid trying to meet Buzzwole's flexes with a couple of his own. He panted as he finished, looking at the Ultra Beast expectantly and hoping this wasn't about to end with his beak being dislocated because he insulted it by mistake.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:41 pm
The Charm would not seem to have much, if any, effect on Buzzwole, the Ultra Beast unflinching as it was 'hit' by the attack. Were Ultra Beasts immune to emotional manipulations? Maybe the Ultra Energy around them shields them from stat reductions. No, it wasn't any of that... "Wole..." Buzzwole seemed to gag, finding Fluffy's attempts at flirting to be completely disgusting.

It however wouldn't have time to vomit as the Flash went off, the bright light filling its compound eyes causing the Buzzwole to let out a shock gasp. For a split second it may have looked like it was caught off guard, dangerously blinded and about to panic. Maybe it was going to vomit after all. Instead of any of that the inter-dimensional invader would throw one pointed hand into the air and bend the other arm across its chest, hand pointed as well. With a grunt it struck another pose, flexing both arms in front of it to make its muscles bulge. It would keep striking pose after pose as if in direct response to the Flash, in fact it seemed positively ecstatic, thrilled even. It had mistook the Flash for the flash of a camera and was now ready for some pictures.

While it was striking pose after pose Xatu would swoop in and attempt to rob it of its strength, only to realize in that moment it was not just posing as the Power Swap failed, the series of poses actually a Taunt, though not intended as a battle tactic, it just really wanted to show off its physique for its audience. The Buzzwole however was quickly angered by this bird attempting to ruin its meticulously planned out series of flexes, it didn't even get to its favorite one. Letting out some more of its pent up hormones the Buzzwole would pick up a rock from the ground and Fling it right at Xatu.

Now angered and ready to fight again it let out a shrill buzz, power surging from it, its wings twitching as it ready to take flight. That was when Sol stepped up.

"Buzz?" The otherworldly insect stared at Sol in a mix of confusion and interest, watching Sol's dance with intense focus. After Sol was done it stood motionless, still staring at Sol but responding no further. Was it getting ready to kill him? No, that wasn't it. "Buzz buzz!" The Ultra Beast buzzed happily, striking several poses as it almost seemed to cheer for Sol, pleased with its dance. In the middle of its 'dance of approval' it would, once again unintentionally, begin to stomp on the cave floor with fierce might, executing a powerful Earthquake, chunks of the cave ceiling falling as the entire place shook terribly. This wasn't good, this could cause damage to HQ, especially with how suped up this thing was and while Sol, Blizzard, and his Pokemon were safe what of Tristen, Abby, and Bewear? They were about to get the rattling of their life.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:03 pm
Reno Vantas

"Why are you running from it?" A voice called out to Leslie, the hybrid turning to her left to see Ambrosia the Alchemist standing several feet from here, her Unown ? floating lazily beside her. "It's powerful, isn't it? I felt it all the way from my chamber deep within the mountain. The first two were strong, but this one has exerted more strength than either one of them did. Terrible strength." Ambrosia said as she approached Leslie, staring off in the direction she felt Buzzwole.

"It's okay to be afraid, I often aim. My abilities, while great, are not sufficient for battle, nor do I posses the skill as a trainer to create a team of Pokemon for such situations. As such I am often afraid. Each time all of you set off to save us all I slightly hold my breath and hope for the best, that I did enough to assist all of you, but I am still afraid." The Psychic Channeler continued, her Unown chiming softly.

"You know I can feel it in you, I am a Psychic like Reno so perhaps you are familiar with such incidental invasions of your emotions, your fear and worry, that is." She would reveal to Leslie, often times strong emotions were easily picked up by Psychics and those attuned to the Fairy type, even if they were actively looking to pick up on it. "But I also know one other thing, you want to help them." Ambrosia smiled. "That much isn't from my powers, instead we'll call it intuition, after all someone like me who only create things for others to use should know that look in your eyes very well."

Before she could say more the cave back to shake violently and while they were a good distance away from the battle the force of it was enough for Ambrosia to trip and fall, hitting the ground pretty hard, her Unown using its telekinesis to help her back up. "The battle is escalating." Ambrosia simply stated. "Tell me, Leslie, how badly do you want to help them?" An aura of seriousness would suddenly wash over Ambrosia, as if she had something in mind but needed to know where Leslie really stood.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:07 pm
The old Leslie would've snapped back how she wasn't scared of anything, that she was simply running back here to gather materials and Pokemon to take this thing down with ease and how Ambrosia shouldn't butt in. The Leslie from before her experience in the World Tournament would have made sure to never admit her fear but wouldn't have been so bullheaded to simply snub Ambrosia because the woman had pointed out one of Leslie's faults. Leslie as she was now would only stare at Ambrosia as she began outlining the hybrid's feelings, actually taking the moment she had here to process everything. She....wasn't good at that in the moment as she could easily point to a few moments ago, but she might as well try while she was getting the opportunity. Especially since Ambrosia seemed to be asking her to. "I'm scared because as much as I talk big about being the wall, my friend got taken down by this thing and all of my Pokemon and myself couldn't even pause it. And now I'm terrified because I know what we could attempt to do from everything I saw but it might be too late with how much strength it's showing." Leslie said, shakes slowing down as she spoke and her focus returned to the Buzzwole.

Her secondary mouth would give a toothy grin as she turned to look Ambrosia in the eyes. "I would give anything to have the strength or the space for me and my few other Pokemon to help everyone out." Grabbing one of her Pokeballs from her bag, Leslie would stare at the object. An idea was slowly beginning to form, something like the trick she'd done so long ago on that old man and his Heatran. "Even if all you have is words of encouragement, I'm going to go back and at least try."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:06 pm
There was a screech of agitation out of the otherwise stoic bird of Tristen's. The taunt, deliberate or not, broke off his attack and long enough at that to pay for Tristen's hubris. "XATU!" Tristen shouted. There was no standing up to a massive stone toss like that with so much power behind it. Tristen took out his Pokeball to recall his fallen bird but realized that between the massive rock and the Buzzwole itself, getting Xatu back to his ball was going to be a tall order. At the very least, he had to get that rock off of Xatu. Tristen rushed in, trying to stay out of reach of the Buzzwole.

"Tristen! Wait!" I shouted, but oddly enough things would turn out...fine, for the moment, if albeit absurdly strange. Sol showing off chest and flexing himself in opposition to the Buzzwole. "Uh...Sol, what in the absolute hell are you doing!?" Regardless of what physique Sol had, it was far and away nothing to what this bug was bolstering. But yet, for some reason, this Ultra Beast was having a time of its life. "...what am I watching here?"

Things took a turn for a worse when in whatever excitement or anger this bug had, it was unleashing a mighty quake within the cavern. I had to hop up some to avoid it, but Tristen on the other hand, who just had managed to force the rock off his bird and managed to get it back to the Pokeball, was getting rocked severely. He screamed out as the quake made him fall over and subsequently harshly dribbled him like a basketball. "Tristen! Blast it!" I would rush in with Agility myself, snatching himself up off the ground and rushing off to the other side. I then started to realize other damage other than just to Tristen, this whole cavern was taking structural damage, and for that matter so was the headquarters. "Sol! We got to get this thing out of here!" I shouted.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:14 am
Blizzard120

SubonicXP

"If I had to take a guess, whatever this is probably isn't any more thrilled to be here than we are. And our 'friend' here looks like an extremely muscular bug, so it was worth a shot," Sol explained, surprised that his efforts had been met with general approval. "Looks like I might've been right," he added with a slight laugh.

"They can be communicated with! ...er." Unfortunately, much as things seemed to work out in everyone's favor, Buzzwole was causing another problem entirely in the Earthquake it performed and the damage it was- likely accidentally this time- causing in the process. "Right, they're probably not as aware of their strength as we are. The rest of you, mitigate the damage all you can and make sure everyone's safe! I'll see if I can't lure them out of the cave; probably won't make it easier to deal with, but we won't have a cave in."

Plucking his sword from the ground and setting it ablaze again, he'd look to Buzzwole as he tried to keep his footing. "Hey! This way!" He called, resuming his earlier theatrics and occasional flexes, moving out of the cave as he kept it up and hoping Buzzwole might get the same idea. He seemed to have some sort of communication open with it; he just hoped he could keep it up a little longer.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:14 pm
While Absinthe was trying to think of a follow-up plan, Fluffy, her Bewear, was getting angry. She put up with her trainer's request for a gentler approach, and it basically gets ignored? No way she was putting up with that. Abby had a feeling Fluffy would feel this way, though, and pre-emptively recalled her, bringing Palladia, her Machamp, out in her stead. About one second after Palladia was out on the battlefield, she felt the starting tremors from Buzzwole's Earthquake and instinctively used Wide Guard, hoping to protect herself and the other Snagem's Pokemon from the damage of the attack.

It didn't change the shaking of the ground, however, and Abby started to panic as the full power of Earthquake kicked in. She looked up at the ceiling and started immediately freaking out. Was the Earthquake strong enough to cause a cave in? She didn't think her remaining Pokemon could do anything about it if it did. Panicking, she grabbed her SNAG and set it to broadcast. "If anybody's still in HQ, we could REALLY use your help!" she shouted.

~*~

I had to cover Yuna's ears when Abby's voice echoed over the intercom. Between that and the floor shaking a bit, yeah, I got the message. I started to turn to hand Yuna, over to Indie, but Brunor grabbed my arm, forcing me to look at him. Once he established eye contact, he let go and slammed his fist into his chest. "GALLADE!" he shouted in Pokespeak.

"Alright, I'll trust you with this. But you better come get me if things get too crazy," I told him.

With a nod, Brunor teleported away.

~*~

Absinthe scoffed at the lack of an immediate answer, but was quickly distracted by the air around her rushing oddly - the tell-tale sign of Teleport. Burnor nodded at Abby, then looked up at the roof. Thanks to Palladia, and the fact that he was showing up most of Earthquake's energy was used, he didn't have to worry about the ground, so instead he fixated his gaze upon the ceiling, ready to use Psycho Cut to carve any debris that fell into enough pieces to render it harmless, and if anything BIG fell, he'd leap up and shatter it with Sacred Sword.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:36 pm
Reno Vantas

Ambrosia smiled at Leslie's response, it was the exact response she was hoping to see. That was when the cave shook from the Earthquake, Ambrosia steadied by the Psychic power of her Unown. Once things had quieted the woman would turn around and prepare to walk away. "I have far more than words of encouragement for you. Follow me, quickly." She urged the Mawile hybrid as she and her Unown briskly made their way deeper into the tunnels of Mt. Silver. Anyone else might get lost in this place, however Ambrosia knew the place very well.

They would soon arrive in front of a large wooden door built into the cave wall, the Psychic Channeler taking out her own SNAG and tapping on the screen a few times, the door unlocking. Looks like Sub insisted the other denizens of Mt. Silver used their security and were connected to the SNAG Network. Wasting no time Ambrosia opened the door and entered, Unown looking back at Leslie for a brief moment to make sure she was following.

Inside Leslie would find a large open room, the walls made of carved stone, pillars made of the same material held up a stone ceiling, and the only source of light were the flickering flames burning in the numerous sconces dotting the room. This camber looked like it belonged in a medieval Galarian castle rather than the caves of Mt. Silver. At the far end of the chamber was a brown haired man and his Eevee, evidentially in training as the Eevee struck a small training dummy in front of it.

"Stuart!" Ambrosia cried out as she approached the man, getting his attention. "We're helping Leslie Mega Evolve!" The woman cutting to the chase, Stuart now staring at her, giving the Channeler a shocked stare. "What!? We don't know if that's even possible!" Stuart responded, his Eevee ceasing its training regimen, following its trainer as he approached Ambrosia, closing the gap between them.

"I see no better time than now to do a live subject test." Ambrosia smirked, Stuart's own expression the complete opposite of amusement. "Let me explain, Leslie." The woman said, turning her attention back to the Mawile hybrid. "Stuart and I have for some time been trying to come up with a method to empower the Hybrids and Channelers of Snagem, inspired by Sub's actions in Black City. With my alchemy to form catalysts and Stuart's Channeling to unlock latent potential we have performed many tests and theorized over concepts but have yet to try anything on a proper Channeler of Hybrid, not even ourselves. You can thank my friend here's extreme caution." She said, looking to Stuart who just rolled his eyes.

"You, Larrimore, Keiko and Tristen came up many times in our discussions concerning the prospect of forcing Mega Evolution as a way to empower some of you. If you don't know obtaining Mega Evolution is very difficult for Hybrids, more so than Pokemon who they themselves can require considerable training to achieve. Hybrids however require extensive training, complete mastery of the abilities they already posses, to even have a chance at Mega Evolution." Ambrosia explained.

"With my Channeling I could, in theory, forge a Mega Stone that is soul bound to you, latched onto your latent power, acting as an anchor, and with Stuart's Channeling her could help you reach in and draw out that power. Our research tells us it's possibly not without risk. Mega Evolution already puts a great strain on the body and we believe forcing it could put an even greater strain as your body is not completely accustomed to such power." Ambrosia went on, Stuart finally speaking up.

"It's possibly suicidal." He interjected, Ambrosia whipping her head around to glare at him for just a moment.

"Possibly." She sneered. "But I believe it's only a danger if you stay in that state for too long. A quick change should be relatively harmless, require some additional rest afterwards is all. My colleague should agree if we got by our findings." She shot back at Stuart, who just looked away, snubbing her. Rolling her eyes this time she turned back to Leslie. "So, want to try it?"

As if on cue the mountain would shake, another wave of Earthquake going off, as if to remind Leslie of why they were here in the first place.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:24 pm
SubonicXP

Leslie would follow close behind Ambrosia, doing her best to keep some idea of where they were going. She needed to remember the route if she was going to get back to where that giant bug was hanging out. And it quickly became apparent that this place she was being taken was somewhere in the base, but this wasn't a place she recognized. Or at least didn't recognize from her current perspective, since she had seen at least some rooms like this from her trips through the vents.

And as she heard the plan, Leslie couldn't help but feel a smile creeping its way across her face. They wanted her to Mega Evolve? And to be the first one to attempt something like this? Oh, she could already feel herself wanting to jump into the experimenting here.

"I became a hybrid from that crazy chamber we have. I am no stranger to potentially lethal experimenting because its the best way to fight something. Let's do it." Leslie told Ambrosia, cracking her knuckles as she walked to place herself between the two Channelers. It was time to see if she could fight back against that crazy bug if this worked. What was a little suicidally dangerous experimenting to get there?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:55 am
TerashiLeonGoken

Blizzard120

Darksol88

The Buzzwole's attention was again gripped by Sol, the Ultra Beast following it outside the cave. However Sol might notice something was wrong along the way, the way it was watching him was different before, its body movements more rigid. As they excited the cave Sol would discover what exactly was wrong as the Buzzwole gave one good hard flap of its wings and flew straight for Sol, aiming to deliver a Power-Up Punch to the hybrid's gut. It might be confusing to any observers but apparently Buzzwole took Sol's movements and 'retreat' as a challenge. Looks like Sol had more to learn on Buzzwole communications and this also meant it was back on the attack.

Inside the cave of Mount Silver the rumbling finally ceased and any rubble falling would as well. Those inside would likely head out to check on Sol and the situation with the Buzzwole, only to see the Ho-oh hybrid getting attacked by the beast, and to make matters worse Buzzwole was trying to increase its strength again. Their brief moment of reprieve was gone, they really needed to do something about this thing, the only good thing was it was now out in the open instead of the cave and there was more room to fight, though with what and how was still an unanswered question.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:20 am
Reno Vantas

"Fine. Let's get this over with." Stuart grumbled as he began to walk off, Ambrosia smiling as she waved for Leslie to follow.

-----

It would take just a few minutes for them to get ready, Ambrosia had to draw the circle on the floor and Stuart had to prepare Leslie with a few temporary markings on her skin. When everything was done and said Leslie would be sitting on the floor, at the center of an intricate symbol Ambrosia drew for her alchemy, some ornate markings on her skin drawn by Stuart with still warm charcoal. They had Leslie release her Mawile who was sitting in the circle across from her, markings on the Pokemon to as they faced each other. A Fairy Gem rested at the center of the circle along with three Snag Emblems, all which belonged to Leslie, Ambrosia explaining that it was important for the items to be earned or bought by Leslie, something to do with laws of possession in 'magic'.

Ambrosia would stand just outside the circle behind Leslie, her Unown slowly orbiting the circle clockwise. Stuart stood on the other side behind the Mawile, also outside the circle, his Eevee slowly walking the perimeter of the circle counter-clockwise. Unraveling her string of Floatstone tablets that was her artifact she would summon on it the Unown characters needed for the spell she was to read. Stuart would hold out his own artifact, a silver shield adorned with various Evolutionary Stones cut into beautiful jewels. "Are you ready, Leslie? There is no turning back once we start." Ambrosia asked and warned Leslie. Once she had confirmation from the girl they would begin.

Ambrosia would start first by chanting, reading the spell on her tablets, her tempo slowly picking up speed, Unown's speed increasing in unison. Stuart would follow right behind as he held up his shield with one arm and began to move his free hand in various directions across his face, drawing lines in the air, the gems on his shield lighting up depending on which way his hand went, his Eevee would begin to do little steps like a dance in response. As the two performed their chant and gestures the Fairy Gem and emblems would begin to glow and soon after the markings on the ground would begin to as well followed by the markings on Leslie and her Mawile.

The rate of everything would quickly accelerate, Ambrosia getting louder, Stuart faster, the glowing brighter. Before long the glowing would become so bright that Leslie would have trouble seeing and would be forced to close her eyes. While she couldn't see she could feel the warmth of the energy building up around her as well as her Mawile's presence, in fact it felt like her and the Pokemon were hugging, in spite of their physical separation, their bond never feeling closer. Energy would begin to swell in Leslie's body, first just a little and then it would come surging in, an almost painful amount was building up in the young girl, almost feeling like she would pop like a balloon. Leslie might scream from this experience however the two Channelers would not stop, they couldn't, doing so would mean certain death for Leslie, for now they could only finish the sequence and hope for the best.

The light would begin to dim for Ambrosia and Stuart as the energy amassed in the circle began to crystalize and form a dome of solid energy, Leslie and her Mawile inside of it. The dome would begin to shrink and become more compact as they continued their spell. Smaller and smaller it got until it only encased Leslie, the dome ejecting the exhausted Mawile. The ball of crystalline energy would then float up into the air and with a final word from Ambrosia it would explode in a bright flash of light, both Ambrosia and Stuart recoiling and looking away from the blinding display. Silence would fall over the room and the two would attempt to regain their sight to see what had become of Leslie who was now free of the crystalline prison, the ritual complete. Did it work?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:52 am
Any debris that did fall was swiftly dealt with by Brunor, the powerful Gallade sending waves of Psycho Cut toward them before they'd fallen even a foot below the ceiling, leaving nothing but effectively dust to scatter to the floor. As Buzzwole left the cave, Abby patted Palladia on the back and said "Good job," before recalling her and heading out, with Brunor following her.

Absinthe and Brunor got out to the open space in front of the cavernous entrance to HQ to find Sol getting gut-punched by the massive bug-type. Seemed like his ploy to control it only got him so far. "Okay, screw it," she huffed, letting Fluffy the Bewear back out. "Just go all out on it. Tired of beating around the bush. Abby growled. This was news to Fluffy's ears, but Brunor knew better. As much as he wanted to let loose on this monstrosity of a Pokemon, himself, he remembered what I told him, and wasn't exactly sure which angle to attack from, anyway. So, after a swift moment's deliberation, he Teleported back to me.

"Cow-

~*~

I wasn't surprised to see Brunor, again. Indeed, I handed Yuna off to Indie while he was gone, expecting him to come back soon. I gave Yuna a pat on the head, eliciting a giggle from the newborn, and told Indie to watch her carefully as I stood up. Brunor was quick to grab hold of me and teleport back to the battlefield once I was on my feet.

~*~

"-ard," Abby huffed when she noticed Brunor warped out, only to to see him immediately return, and with me in tow. "Okay, scratch that," she mumbled as she turned to focus on me. "This thing gets stronger whenever it makes a Pokemon faint, so watch out. It's also weak to fire, but that's the only weakness I've been able to snuff out," the young Deathrage reported.

I nodded as Brunor walked in front of me and prepared himself to continue the battle. "Keep your distance and wail on him with Psycho Cut," I ordered, wanting to play it safe for now. "Keep an eye on him and get out of there if he goes for you," I added, wanting to see how this monstrosity would react.

As Brunor charged in, only to stop a respectable distance and shoot psychic waves at Buzzwole via Psycho Cut, Fluffy the Bewear had closed the distance and was right up on Buzzwole when she used Giga Impact, putting everything she had into the attack. Fluffy knew she was likely as good as fainted once she landed a hit on this thing, and wanted to make sure she inflicted as much damage as she could in one go. Brunor had to make sure none of the Psycho Cut pieces hit her as he continued his barrage.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:55 am
I had to hang back for a second to put Tristen back down, now that this massive Ultra Beast was out of the cavern. I quickly sat Tristen down against the cavern wall and checked Tristen over. He was severely hurt...barely conscious, writhing in pain from the Earthquake attack just a moment ago. The problems with being an Electric type hybrid. Yea, he was done in this fight. Blast it, I didn't need that now. I quickly thought for a moment, trying to figure out how to drop this thing. The most that I can tell so far is that it had to be a bug type...and it didn't have anything that could help it resist a flying attack, even if it was another type. Either that or he just really didn't care too much for specialized attacks. Maybe both. I did have Articuno on me, a Pokemon I was really going to test Tristen with, but I have to admit that it would be me relying on Articuno's Hurricane attack and hoping for the best. Not exactly the best position to be in, especially with this out of control thing.

As I continued to play back the battle so far in my head, I realized one other thing. Absinthe nailed this thing with a Toxic earlier. Its been a couple of minutes now since the poison set in. However, with the way this battle is going, even with Toxic's fast acting effects, I doubted we'd be able to attrition this thing. That said, Absinthe may have inadvertingly managed to do something that I was trying to do initially anyhow. "Tristen. Stay. Here. Do not move. We'll be back for you in a minute." I said.

"Rotom! With me!" I said, rushing off towards the cavern entrance. We made the mad dash towards the front of the cavern, just in time to see Sol take the massive punch from the mighty space insect. "Ugh, I am not having this today! Rotom! Hex!" I shouted. Having to work on a few theories, I figure anything at this point was worth the shot. Rotom rushed forward, zigging and zagging once again towards the target then unleashed a spiteful power, hopefully to tear this Buzzwole from the inside out thanks to Absinthe's Pokemon's toxic attack.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games