Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:54 am
"I know he's Ulla's sister, but don't take everything he says seriously. Guy's as lazy as it gets, and he shouldn't be the deciding factor on what you do with your life. Nobody's going to make your team stronger but you."

"I think he's referring to himself as a channeler," I tried to correct Absinthe. "Rala is... well, probably was at this point... my channeling partner."

"That, too. Also, what is that supposed to mean?" Abby asked, as she was unaware how badly hurt Rala was due to my mistake.

"If Doc Owl would answer his door, I could show you," I huffed, staring at the entrance to the medbay.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:41 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
"I know he's Ulla's sister, but don't take everything he says seriously. Guy's as lazy as it gets, and he shouldn't be the deciding factor on what you do with your life. Nobody's going to make your team stronger but you."

"I think he's referring to himself as a channeler," I tried to correct Absinthe. "Rala is... well, probably was at this point... my channeling partner."

"That, too. Also, what is that supposed to mean?" Abby asked, as she was unaware how badly hurt Rala was due to my mistake.

"If Doc Owl would answer his door, I could show you," I huffed, staring at the entrance to the medbay.

"Hoo! Yes? I'm very- oh, Terashi." Doc Owl exclaimed, opening the door at first in a huffy state over being bothered, cooling down only when he saw who it was. "I take it you're here concerning your Gardevoir, Rala?" He asked, taking his glasses off to clean them as he remained in the doorway.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:48 pm
I sighed in relief as the door opened, but relief was the farthest thing from what I was feeling. Sure, the anxiety was gone, but there was plenty of gut-wrenching worry in its place. "I brought a couple of people with me, but they can wait outside if you prefer," I said, not wanting to make any demands on Doc Owl's time or patience, especially given his initial reaction to the state Rala was in when I brought her. In what felt like months ago.

Eh, that's probably just the worry talking, I thought as I stepped through the door.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:56 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
I sighed in relief as the door opened, but relief was the farthest thing from what I was feeling. Sure, the anxiety was gone, but there was plenty of gut-wrenching worry in its place. "I brought a couple of people with me, but they can wait outside if you prefer," I said, not wanting to make any demands on Doc Owl's time or patience, especially given his initial reaction to the state Rala was in when I brought her. In what felt like months ago.

Eh, that's probably just the worry talking, I thought as I stepped through the door.

The door would close behind Terashi, closing out anyone else with him. Doc Owl would say nothing as he moved over towards the bed of which Rala was still resting on, unconscious but alive and stable. He would seat himself in a chair next to the bed and slowly put his glasses back on, giving Terashi a long hard look, identical to the one he gave him when he first brought Rala to him.

"She'll survive, first and foremost." He began to say. "However she is weak physically and for awhile there she was experiencing very little brain activity, fortunately that has subsided. She pushed herself beyond her limits when she created that black hole, it's nothing short of a miracle that she is still alive." The hybrid said, looking from Rala back to Terashi.

"I am only a doctor of physical medicine, so before you ask I cannot speak to anything concerning Channeling or the sort. That said her recovery will be a long one and she absolutely must not experience any sort of stress for the foreseeable future. Be it she might want to protect you, save you, as her trainer it is up to you to keep her out of harm as well. If she ever attempts another feat like she did back there she will certainly not survive." He warned Terashi. "For the Gardevoir species that is meant as an absolutely last resort as most do not live to tell the tale."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:56 pm
I didn't know that. Somehow despite everything I learned in Pokemon Tech, despite all the time I spent with Rala, despite my constant search for new Pokemon information, I never knew opening a black hole was often fatal before now. I definitely wasn't going to forget that at any point after this, though. How could I?

"It was a heat of the moment thing," I started to explain. "We must have had tunnel vision or something. I'm not sure who had the idea first, but Rala and I agreed on it at the same time. I know why Rala didn't know better, since she was torn from her family at a very young age by poachers, or Cipher wannabes or... something. I don't remember exactly. For my part, despite my academic background and all the research I've done since, this is the first I'm hearing of the phenomenon, for lack of a better word, being fatal. I didn't say any of this when I brought her in because you were... well, rightfully incensed, and, if I'm being honest, I didn't really know what to think or feel at the time. My usual mental response to sadness is, well, to go numb, which I highly doubt is anything approaching healthy, but it is what it is."

I exhaled, and shifted my weight. "I can take her to the 'person' that we sought out when we first pursued Channeling. She should be made aware of this major screw-up regardless. Also, I should probably look for a doctor who's into human health. My mental process at the time was probably preventing me from feeling whatever my body went through when this all happened. I haven't felt any thing since, but a check-up isn't a bad idea in general, and with Rala being my primary channeling partner... yeah."

I stopped leaning on the wall, then dipped into a Kantonian bow, though I was unsure from which region the good doctor actually came from. And as tense as things were between us due to Rala's condition, I absolutely didn't want to make any assumptions based off his Pokemon half. "Please let me know once you've done all you can for her, or, if that's the case now, I'll take her off your hands. I give you my word I'll do all I can to keep her safe and help her recovery."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:37 pm
TerashiLeonGoken

I stopped leaning on the wall, then dipped into a Kantonian bow, though I was unsure from which region the good doctor actually came from. And as tense as things were between us due to Rala's condition, I absolutely didn't want to make any assumptions based off his Pokemon half. "Please let me know once you've done all you can for her, or, if that's the case now, I'll take her off your hands. I give you my word I'll do all I can to keep her safe and help her recovery."

"I shall." The good doc said, standing up from his chair, looking at Rala for a moment before turning to a nearby cabinet, examining the various bottles before pulling one out and presenting it to Terashi. "Medication for Rala, might as well give it to you now as I expect her to wake up as early as tomorrow, if not today. She is to take it daily. I'll save you the medical jargon and precisely how it works but in layman's terms it will suppress her Psychic powers, so long as she takes it. A Pokemon's Psychic abilities come from the brain, of course, and right now hers cannot take any unneeded stress and as you're certainly aware Psychics use their abilities instinctively. Keep her on the medication for at least a month to give her brain a rest."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:03 pm
"Alright," I said, taking the medicine and putting it in my duffel bag. I was tempted to say something like 'if I don't hear from you tomorrow I'll check in the next day', but he told me he'd contact me once she was ready, and saying something like that would betray any trust between us, aside from being rude. I took one last look at Rala before making my way out.

"So, what's the deal?" Absinthe asked, reminding me that the good doctor didn't let her or Kazu in.

"Right, sorry. I should have figured he wouldn't want anyone else in," I sighed. "Rala's... well, hurt. Bad. She's going to need to be on Psychic suppressants for a month to give her brain time to recover. I made a... well, Rala and I made a mistake, and we're paying for it. She'll be fine eventually, she just need to take time to recover."

"Must've been a serious screw up. Also, we? You seem fine," Abby huffed.

"Yeah, once Rala's clear to go back in her ball, I'm going to look for a doctor that specializes in treating humans. I need to check in with Maya, too. ...speaking of checking in, I should check on Keiko and Yuna," I explained, turning away from the two to head back up to my room.

Whether Abby and Kazu followed me or stayed behind, I entered my room to find Indie, my female Indeedee, holding my daughter. Keiko was nowhere to be found. Brunor, upon seeing me, immediately stood up and put a... hand? on my shoulder. "Gallade!?" he exclaimed, giving me an extremely worried look.

"She'll be fine," I reassured him. "She's going to be put on Psychic suppressants for a month, and may need further treatment after that, but she'll live," Brunor merely hung his head and sat back down. Without Rala's influence within the Betyl Stone, I couldn't tell if he was relieved or even more worried. With that taken care of, I knelt down in front of Indie. "Here," I said, holding my arms out. Indie gave me my daughter back without protest, and I sat on the bed, cradling her. Knowing Rala's fate made the turmoil that was my emotions manageable enough to prevent Yuna from crying out of sympathy, but no matter how much I suppressed them, the worry and fear weren't going anywhere.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:00 am
[At some point before all the appearance of Stakataka but after the World Champion Cup.]

It's that time of year again, where families and friends come together to be thankful for everything the year has given them, be it bountiful crops, good jobs, or perhaps success in other forms. This day is called many things around the world, Crop Over, Thanksgiving, or just in general a 'harvest festival'. Whatever you call it it's a special day for your special loved ones to pig out, well, not just about food but it is important. Speaking of pigging out, there is one Snagem that intends to do just that this year, and as usual this year, like every year, he's hunting for the main course. That illusive duck, that elusive delicacy, the unobtainable delectable, the one and only...

"El Pato..." Sub whispered to himself as he moved one dish from on top the stove to the main table in the kitchen. The more cooking inclined Snagems had been cooking all day, but not Sub. No, he was in the kitchen for a reason only adjacently related to the food and greater meal, to protect it from that dread duck from far off lands, the hated El Pato. Sol tells him he comes from his homeland, going by the duck's accent, though it was strange because the Wild Duck Pokemon isn't normally found there, especially since El Pato was a Galarian variant. The Snagem leader didn't even know Pokemon could have accents but he supposed it made sense and likely only hybrids could easily pick up on them. It didn't matter where he came from though, Sub hated that cursed water fowl, every year it ruined their dinner, all because of a fateful encounter many years ago.

You see, El Pato was not just a random Farfetch'd, no it was intended to be dinner for the team a long time ago. Some people are against the hunting of Farfetch'd for culinary purposes, however Sub grew up among the monks of the Tin Tower who adhered to the old was and one of the few things he looked forward to every year was the delicious aroma and taste of a roasted Farfetch'd, he understood exactly why the species was hunted to near extinction decades away. However now the ducks' population was increased and stabilized but he sees no reason why they can't be hunted again. Bah, bleeding hearts all of them, Pokemon have been hunted for millennia, it was only in recent times where people begun to lose their appetite for them, but not Sub. Give him roasted Farfetch'd, fried Clauncher, boiled Corphish tails, a nice Miltank steak. He was positively drooling at the idea of all these meats, so much so that he did not notice the eyes watching him from a nearby ajar cabinet.

"Fetch'd..." El Pato whispered to himself as he laid eyes on his most hated enemy, the duck adjusting its face mask and readying its leak as it prepared to engage in glorious combat against its supreme rival, its archenemy for all time.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:17 am
"Lewhatnow?" Absinthe asked, noticing the leader's solemn vigil. The young Deathrage was ignorant of the struggle of power between Sub and El Pato, having never encountered the hated beast, herself. "It's gonna get cold if you keep standing around," she warned, referring to the food that had already been cooked.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:33 am
"El Pato! Abby..." Sub at first shouted as he spun around to face the girl, then upon realizing he was shouting he quickly lowered his voice, then cleared his throat as he re-calibrated his volume and disposition. "It is a Farfetch'd, of the Galarian variety, that will stop at nothing to ruin our dinner, as it does every year. A vile cretin, the spawn of Giratina himself, a demon birthed from the most putrid pool of sludge you can imagine. I loathe that duck and I know for sure the feeling is mutual. And it all started many years ago when I rightfully tried to make that feathered monster dinner. It has alluded my culinary intentions for so long that it has only grown in power and evil. Now it has become an annual challenge to me and each year I fail to defeat it." Sub grumbled as he explained El Pato to Abby.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:42 am
"I'm surprised we haven't seen him yet this year." Lykas remarked, picking from the vegetarian-friendly plates around the table to make himself a meal, commenting on Sub's murmuring.

Odd nodded in agreement, grabbing a medium-rare steak for himself before hunting for a few sides to flesh out his own dish.

"El what?" Wren questioned, as he finished piling his own plate, having begun before the lovers had arrived.

"El Pato. He's a Farfetch'd with a vendetta against Sub." Lykas replied, glancing over at the Snagem leader. "He shows up every year."

Odd nodded again and continued. "He doesn't hate the rest of the team quite as much as Sub but he usually spends the whole week of thanksgiving tormenting us." He explained.

Wren looked confused and concerned for a moment. "Are you guys okay? Should I call the police or animal control or something?"

Lykas laughed loudly at this point. "No way. El Pato's annoying but harmless. It's actually pretty amusing to thwart his attempts to get even with Sub."

Odd nodded yet again. "I actually agree with that. You'll probably enjoy yourself if he shows up."

"I think I'll pass. Not big on bullying birds, even if they're world-renowned for being delicacies." Wren stated, taking his plate and heading out.

Nobody noticed Clare poking their nose through the door after he left, sniffing the air and almost drooling. Thanksgiving wasn't something they remembered experiencing before and all this food was definitely making them feel hungry.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:52 am
Absinthe leaned back, a bit put off by Sub's explanation. "You'd think I'd have seen it by now," she huffed. She wanted to brush it off as Sub being crazy, but the way Lykas off-handedly mentioned it made her take it a bit more seriously.

This would manifest in three balls being hurled from Abby's belt, releasing a Blaziken, Machamp, and Breloom respectively. "Set some traps. We've got a bird to bag," Abby ordered. As the three cooperative members of her party, Abby went back to the hibernating Bewear she'd left out, using it's sleeping form as a bean bag chair while she pored through her SNAG's Pokedex for information on Galarian Farfetch'd.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:11 am
"It steals our dishes every year! Forces us to hunt them back down! That thing is a menace to the entire team!" Sub snapped at Odd, huffing comically. "But I'm the only one that seems to face the wrath of that leek! I'll give you that..." He mumbled, folding his arms and pouting, his gaze shooting around the room all the suddenly, slowly unfolding his arms. "D-do y'all feel that?" He asked the others in the room as he scanned the area, paranoia quickly washing over his face. "El Pato..." He whispered to himself.

Before Abby's Pokemon had a chance to go about setting out traps one of the cabinet doors swung open, slamming against the cabinet on the other side of it and from the now open cabinet came a certain dark brown bird came flying out of the cabinet towards Sub, bringing its leek down upon him from overhead as he closed him, the large leek slamming down on the top of the man's head, promptly knocking him out cold as he hit the ground with a thud.

"Faaar!" Cried the duck, glaring down at Sub from behind its black Zorro-esque face mask. Throwing its huge leek over its shoulder to rest it on its back his head swiveled around to stare at the other Snagems, as if daring them to do something. Then, as if to show them it indeed meant to ruin their day it looked down at a nearby green bean casserole and slowly pushed it over the edge of the table with its foot, the glass dish shattering on the floor inches from the passed out Sub. "Fetch'd."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:18 am
Absinthe didn't notice the Farfetch'd at first, absorbed in reading its Pokedex data. her Pokemon, Angela, Palladia, and Broly, would find it first, but it would fly out of their reach, not interested in them.

Oddly enough, the sound of a shattering dish is what it took to snap her out of her focus. Sighting the duck, she pointed at it and looked at her team. 'Kick its ~/~!" she shouted.

The three Fighting-types launched themselves at the foreign duck, Blaziken and Machamp going in close with Blaze Kick and Dual Chop, while the Breloom hung back and prepared a Toxic, waiting for a clean shot.

Fluffy the Bewear, however, was still unconscious, blissfully unaware of the warzone the kitchen would soon become.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:56 am
Clare stumbled backwards as El Pato burst from the cabinet door, aiming for Sub’s face. They’d cover their mouth to muffle the gasp of horror that tried to escape before stumbling back to their feet and glueing their eyes back to the scene unfolding as Absinthe’s Pokemon went on the offensive.

Odd would jump back a few paces, shadowy ribbons erupting from his shadow as he landed, thankful he kept his Pokémon out around HQ as silent sentries most of the time he was home. It made Channeling easy at home if not a bit weaker than he’d sometimes like.

Lukas’s ponytail split apart and his tentacles shot forward as well. Between the two, 8 additional arms with much greater mobility attempted to snatch up the Farfetch’d as Odd sent a message through Cadenza to gather his channeling partners nearby. “Does he look different?” Odd asked Lykas, curious.

“Maybe? I swear I remember him being lighter than that last time he showed up. Maybe he molted?” Lykas replied as he tried to catch the team’s annual troublemaker.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games