Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:52 pm
"Get up, we're not done yet." Larrimore said as he looked down at Terashi. While the man was stern and 'to the point' he wasn't the least bit angry and you couldn't call him aggressive either. He wanted to teach Terashi and in fact was enjoying himself, however he didn't physically show it. "Now come at me. Swing to kill."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:59 pm
I smirked as I got to my feet. It was a bit surprising how much I was enjoying this. Despite Larrimore's stern attitude, I didn't detect any malice from him, so I didn't bother reacting verbally. I clenched the fist holding the single Psion Edge and advanced. I thought to leap up and add my weight to my strike, but assuming he had the strength to push me back, I'd just end up on my rump again. He was a hybrid, after all, and had a far greater propensity for strength than I did.

I decided to run to his left, as if to strike at his side. At the last moment, though, I turned and bolted to the right to strike him at his other side. I had a feeling he'd sense the bluff, but it seemed the better strategy than rushing head on. Sure, this was just training, but if I didn't take it seriously, I wouldn't learn as much, and he DID say strike to kill.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:05 pm
Larrimore detected this bluff rather easily, the man stretching his left arm around to his right side, holding the blade upside down with the broadside to shield himself from Terashi's blade as the psychic construct clashed with it and threw sparks of energy. "Not bad, you seem to be learning quickly." The hybrid commented as he shoved Terashi's blade with his own and without warning tossed his sword into his other hand and took a horizontal swipe at the Channeler. Even if he caught Terashi off guard it wasn't close enough to actually harm him, maybe slash open his shirt though and at worse nick him but Larrimore was careful not to wound. He just wanted to see how quick his 'student' was on his feet.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:19 pm
I was unsurprisingly pushed back once Larrimore deflected my actual strike. I knew that if he did catch my 'surprise' attack, another of his would be coming soon. Fortunately, I was able to get my Psychic blade in a defensive position once I caught my footing and block his next attack. "This must just be a good day for me," I quipped with a smirk, remembering my mistakes while training in Mossdeep.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:29 pm
"Good indeed." Larrimore complimented Terashi before pushing against his blade with his own sword to put some distance between them again before the hybrid resumed his aggressive assault. Just like before he would swing at Terashi wildly, his blows increasing with strength and aggression as they went on. He would assume Terashi already knew what to do; parry them as long as he could. But there was a second hidden goal behind this and that was for him to not just parry but counterattack. It was up to Terashi though to figure that out.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:36 pm
Kaya sat by the sidelines, giving a wide berth to his his pair of allies. He wanted to watch and potentially learn on his own what he could, of course, but he certainly had no plans on interfering with the pair while Terashi tried to be taught. As the duo continued, he sat by the wayside and practiced something. Normally, he used Fairy Lock by firing it from the tip of Rise's blade. But...what if he didn't? He could faintly recall using the ability without the sword in hand at least once but how had he done it? As he fought to recall the distant memory, he tried shaping the energy of the move into something useful. After several long moments, during which he ended up missing several traded blows between Terashi and Larrimore, he finally gave up for the time being and returned to watching.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:37 pm
Once again, I focused on deflecting Larrimore's attacks, having to put more and more effort on blocking his attacks. Before long, I was putting just as much strength into making sure my weapon was moving where it needed to as stopping each attack. Knowing I'd eventually be pushed to the point where I'd have to dodge again, I decided to make a risky move. The next time Larrimore made an overhead strike, I put all my strength toward not only blocking it, but pushing him back, leaving him open to a counterattack, upon which I struck at his midsection. In the instant after Psion Edge passed through his body, I used Psion Split to teleport behind him, hopefully making it look as though I went through him as I attacked. I hadn't intended to do much damage - the fact that he wasn't a Fighting-type hybrid helped, but hopefully it'd be enough to catch him off-guard.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:00 pm
Larrimore would indeed by caught off guard as the tip of Terashi's psychic blade cut through his shirt and just barely scratched his carapace underneath. Upon realizing he was hit the hybrid would look down at the cut and then at Terashi and smile. "Well done." He said with a nod before sheathing his blade. "That's enough for today. You've done well for yourself and learn quick. I expect to see a brighter fire in your eyes the next time we spar." Larrimore told Terashi before patting him on the back and heading out.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:04 pm
I let go with my connection to Rala almost immediately letting the energy clone dissipate before I was pat on the shoulder by the Pinsir hybrid. I then let go of my connection with Brunor also, dispelling the energy blade in my right hand. "Thanks for the practice. I'll be sure to take you up on that sometime," I offered. Before I could let Kaya know he was next, however, Larrimore left the training room. Did the hybrid forget? I could only shrug.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:18 pm
Kaya watched Larrimore and Terashi finish up their training session and then the Pinsir Hybrid departed. "Hm. Hopefully you learned a bit from that?" He asked of the channeler with a hidden grin. Not like he was one to speak at the moment.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:31 pm
"I did, at that. Though, considering how well I did in such a short amount of time, I suppose I have some talent as a swordsman, as well. Or I'm just having a good day," I told Kaya, smirking and shrugging. "Sorry he ran off, though. I suppose we could spar if you're up for it, since you didn't get the chance to train with him."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:10 pm
Kaya nodded to Terashi in silent agreement then considered his offer. "I suppose I could train with you. It would be good for you to practice against more than one person, after all." He noted, stepping a bit away from Terashi and drawing his new blade. Recalling how he had seen some of the Kalosian Royal Guard use their blades during the revolution. Taking a stand with his sword hand forward and his rear leg back, relaxed but steady, he kept his hand low and the tip of his blade pointed slightly upward.

"I'm not particularly well-versed in fencing, mind, so this may not be long before I resort to my normal style." He warned. "Don't think I'll be afraid to use my own abilities should you pull something like what you pulled on Larrimore. Now... Come at me."  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:25 pm
"That was just for show," I reassured him, assuming he was referring to my use of Psion Split, "but that's fine." I reconnected to Brunor through the Betyl Stone, and summoned a Psychic sword with my right hand. "Since you have more experience with this, I'll let you advance."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:12 pm
Kaya nodded to Terashi and dashed forward, moving his blade in much smaller motions than Larrimore had. Each strike came with a bit more lunge and stab than proper slashing. The hybrid was careful to pull his blows just enough that, should Terashi fail to parry one, he wouldn't be skewered. While Larrimore was teaching him to defend, Kaya's aim here was to teach him to think quickly.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:18 pm
While Kaya didn't put as much force into his blows as Larrimore had, the different types of attacks definitely did keep me on my toes, making me have to find new and inventive ways to parry or block. I saved dodging for a last resort, as before, but thankfully, I managed to keep from resorting to that this time around.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games