Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:32 pm
"Name's Terashi," I admitted, not sure how to respond to the situation. I was just as confused as Larrimore was at the moment. That's when I noticed the sword he was sharpening. "Oh, you a swordsman by trade?" I asked before wondering why I just assumed that he could use a sword from seeing him have one.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:40 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
"Name's Terashi," I admitted, not sure how to respond to the situation. I was just as confused as Larrimore was at the moment. That's when I noticed the sword he was sharpening. "Oh, you a swordsman by trade?" I asked before wondering why I just assumed that he could use a sword from seeing him have one.

"Larrimore." He simply replied to Terashi, turning his visual attention back to the hand in hand. "I suppose you could say I am, or was." The hybrid said, seeming to ponder the question himself now. "Why do you ask? Are you looking for a swordsman?"  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:49 pm
"Well, I was thinking I could use some formal training in swordsmanship," I explained, Before saying why, I focused my mind on the Betyl Stone and used it to connect to Brunor, causing two swords comprised of Psychic-type energy to manifest, one in each of my hands. "Now that I have this ability, learning how to use them efficiently would be helpful."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:08 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
"Well, I was thinking I could use some formal training in swordsmanship," I explained, Before saying why, I focused my mind on the Betyl Stone and used it to connect to Brunor, causing two swords comprised of Psychic-type energy to manifest, one in each of my hands. "Now that I have this ability, learning how to use them efficiently would be helpful."

Larrimore would just glance at the blades as they appeared and gave Terashi a little nod before he slowly turned his head back to his own blade which sat in his lap. For a moment it looked like he would pick back up the whetsone he was using to sharpen it with but instead he grabbed his sword's handle and with one swift flourish positioned the sword to point directly at Terashi's throat before the Psychic even knew what was happening.

"Your guard needs work. That's what you need to learn first, how to defend yourself. Those blades are nothing but pretty lights in your hands right now." The Pinsir hybrid said before lowering his sword and standing up. "Fine. I'll teach you."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:17 pm
He wasn't wrong, I was taken aback when his sword came about a centimeter form touching my throat. I took it in stride, though, especially when he verbally agreed to teach me. "Might be a good idea to do this somewhere less cluttered," I pointed out, gazing about the kitchen. The coliseum should give us plenty of room to work with."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:24 pm
"Mind if I tag along?" Kaya asked, a notable addition to his person being a second sword at his waist. This one appeared to be an epée compared to the longsword he was most familiar with. "I need to learn some new styles of blade work, myself." It was anyone's guess when he had arrived but the Klefki hybrid stood by the doorway, waiting and watching as Terashi and Larrimore interacted with one another. Regardless of their answer, he would follow along after them, keeping quiet and watching their training for a bit.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:45 pm
As Larrimore put the sword down he glanced over at Kaya then back at Terashi and nodded. "Fine. Follow me." He said to the both of them as he recalled Chesnaught and walked off, heading to the battlefield instead of the training room.

"We won't be needing any of that sophisticated technology which the training room provides. I prefer to do things the simple way." Larrimore informed them upon arriving in the battlefield room. "So, one of you utilizes twin blades of psychic energy and the other two different types of swords. Both of you I assume aspire to dual wield I take it."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:49 pm
"I can't speak for Kaya, but I do intend to, yes," I admitted as we made our way to the battlefield. I hadn't intended on using any of the training room's tech, though. This was to learn more the form of swordsmanship than anything else, though I'd take whatever Larrimore could teach me. I had no doubt that it would be useful information later on.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:52 pm
Kaya followed Larrimore to his preferred training ground but when he was asked about dual wielding, he shook his head. "Not at all." He assured. "I've come to learn that my abilities seem to be more focused when I use them through a blade but each one seems to respond differently to different foci." He explained. "I seek to expand my knowledge of swordplay in order to better utilize my abilities both with and without the blade."

Placing a hand on the hilt of the epée he had dubbed "Flourish", he waited to see Terashi's response. Once the man had given his answer, he waved a hand ahead of him. "Take the lead, my friend." He offered, choosing to watch for the moment and see what he could learn from Larrimore's teaching at the sidelines first and foremost.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:59 pm
"Very well then." Larrimore began to say as he took his own sword in hand. "Conjure up just one blade for now, Channeler, and prepare yourself." He said to Terashi. Once the man had created his sword Larrimore would come in swinging fiercely though not to slash or stab but instead he was sort of wielding it like a bat, the broadside of the sword swinging at Terashi's right side as it appeared he aimed to smack him off his feet. What was he saying about defending yourself first?  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:08 pm
Just one blade. Could I even do that? Any time I used Psion Edge, the energy sprung from both of my hands whether or not I intended that. The thought of putting my hands together before connecting to Brunor came to mind, as if preparing myself to hold onto a two-handed sword. Deciding to try it, I held my hands together before connecting to Brunor through the Betyl Stone. While I got the result I was hoping for, the result caused a bit more strain on my mind that I had expected. Not one to throw in the towel easily, however, I held the Psion Edge in that state. Larrimore's first strike came quicker than I was expecting, but I managed to position my weapon in time to hold his blade still, though I was still a bit disoriented.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:29 pm
"Not bad, but you're using up a considerable amount of mental energy just constructing that blade. I may not have skill in the Psychic department but to be a true swordsman you must be able to analyze the battle as quick as possible. How can you do that when you're already giving so much of your mind to making your weapon?" Larrimore asked as he spun around and went to kick Terashi, swinging his sword over the Channeler's head as a bluff.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:34 pm
Ignoring his words, I moved my Psion Edge to block his blade, not realizing the bluff due to the amount I was having to focus. As such, I got knocked on my butt by his kick. To my surprise however, once I recovered, I noticed that my hands separated when I was knocked off-balance - my left hand was flat on the ground to support me while my right hand was still holding an energy blade.

"Guess it's easier than I was making it out to be," I sighed, standing back up. I trained my weapon back on Larrimore, ready to continue my training.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:45 pm
"Good, at least you're making some progress." Larrimore said as he noted that Terashi was now able to hold just one blade in one hand. "Now parry my attacks, do not guard or dodge against them." He informed the Channeler before he began to swing aggressively at Terashi, this time with the sharpened side. If and when Terashi parried and bounced back the blows Larrimore would just keep going, his attacks becoming more and more aggressive as time went on. It was to see how long Terashi would last until he slipped up and dodged out of the way, the moment he did he would receive another kick.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:49 pm
"Tch!" I sputtered, focusing on deflecting as many of Larrimore's attacks as possible. I spent enough time paying attention in school to know that no two teachers have the same teaching style. Likely, Larrimore was taking a more hands-on approach to trying to educate me in swordsmanship. Which may mean he was expecting me to slip up at some point.

While I took measures to keep myself physically fit, I lacked Larrimore's experience with the blade. Thus, I did eventually miss my mark at one point, forcing me to dodge out of the way and get kicked.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games