❧ San'thari

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:11 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Lines by kaname423, Color by jayoku)

Inventory

Weapons
None

Items
None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:16 pm
Name: San'thari
Species: Earthling: Leaf
Height: 4'2''
Personality:
Reserved: She doesn't share the intimate details of her lives with those she's just met. Her private life is hers and possibly her partners, if she ever has one. She doesn't talk about anything inappropriate, doesn't like listening to crude talk and she's a very tense individual if you try to get her out of her comfort zone.

Understanding: Again, she's a listener. Others can come to her about their problems and she'll sit there and listen. If she does speak, it's to give you advice or try to boost the other's spirit if they seem really upset. She understands the need to talk, understands that there is no such thing as perfect and that people often make stupid mistakes and then regret it. She does it herself. She tries not to be too judgmental.

Respectful: San tries not to do anything disrespectful be it cussing, sitting a certain way, moving certain ways. Her tone is always careful, thinking about what she says before she actually says it. This gives her the appearance of being slow, but she's very mindful, not wanting to offend.

----Flaws:

Absorbed: She tends to get absorbed in what she's doing. One task at a time and that task takes her whole attention. San'thari isn't slow or anything like that, but she just... It's basically like tunnel vision. She will relax once her task is complete because she really doesn't like taking on more than one thing at a time.

Easily stressed: Because she likes to do one thing at a time, San'thari is an easily stressed woman. Talking to big crowds, trying to handle more than one person at a time.. She often has to drink tea to calm herself down or just hide away for a while to get her stress levels down. However, when the stress becomes too much, she will explode on the person that is closes to her, even if they don't deserve it. Of course, she apologizes and feels bad, but it doesn't happen often.

Cold: Her over all personality makes her seem really cold and stand-offish. She isn't. She loves being around her friends, as long as they respect her reservations about topics of conversation and gestures. She doesn't mean to come off as cold, but it.. just happens.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm
As a youngling San never talked much. She was a quiet child, often thought of as odd. She never asked for anything, hardly threw a fit. It seemed like she was hard hearted, uncaring of those around her when the opposite was true. She just wasn't as expressive as some.

This carried on into her prentice age. Now she comes off as stand-off... ish and tends to live up to that. She doesn't get herself involved unless she absolutely has to.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:23 pm

☼ | Ongoing
                  ☀ | Complete
                  ✖ | Abandoned

. : . Stage 2 > Stage 3 . : .
                  ✓ 2 Month's Time
                  45 Growth Points
                  1 Completed Class Quest

26/45

.::. Prentice RPs .::.
✖ - 11.07.13 - Unfortunate beginning - Nadhiri
✖ - 01.25.15 - Tangled Webs - Ceyede
☀ - 02.09.15 - I shall protect you!... Not! - Ingwe
☀ - 03.15.15 - The Warrior meets a healer... - Xarnith
☀ - 03.29.15 - Oh A Coward He Will Be - Dezani
✖ - 05.08.15 Same old, same old - Maya

.::. Stage Two RPs .::.
☀ - 08.11.16 - I like big butts and I can not lie
☀ - 09.30.16 - The urge to herbal
✖ - 01.05.17 - A bear in the woods
☀ - 02.20.17 - A Guard Down
☀ - 03.15.17. - Hungover
☼ - 03.31.17 - Finding home
☼ - 03.04.18 - Comeback
☀ - 03.04.18 - Too many thoughts  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:28 pm
                  Shop owner & Concept Ⓒ kaname423, Satin Doilee
                  San'thari's Art Ⓒ kaname423
                  San'thari's Journal Ⓒ Saint Sergio

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:10 am
. : . S O L O 1 . : .
In which San'thari agrees to a date?

San'thari's day started like any other. She woke up from her room at the inn and did some morning stretches before she even fixed her hair. It was down and about the middle of her back now.

As the morning sun fell over the tan skinned girl, a smile came to her face. It was easier to smile lately. She had done nothing but study for months and she felt confident she could help with most of the normal wounds you get from wandering all over Tale. Right now she didn't sell medication, she just made it if someone asked her if she knew how.

As she pulled her leg up, standing balanced on the other, San'thari's breathing stayed deep and even as felt the burn of the muscle being pulled and woken up. She did the same to the other side and then shook her limbs out before grabbing her day clothes. After a quick change, the now woken girl headed downstairs for breakfast and morning tea.

She greeted the owner and gave a wave and a soft hello before she took her usual spot. She'd been in this little area for so long the owner had memorized her orders for every meal.

When her tea was brought to her, it snapped San'thari out of a trance like state she didn't realize she was in. Green eyes blinked before she gave an embarrassed smile and flushed.

“Thank you,” she whispered out as she picked up her tea first. A dainty sip was taken with a content, pleased sigh.

“What are your plans for today, San'thari?” The pregnant woman asked, a hand resting on her stomach. “You go out all the time but you haven't left yet!”

Her plans? San licked her lips slowly and then thought about it. “I actually didn't have any. Maybe going to go gather more herbs and see what I can do about odd jobs to pay for more room time?” She looked a bit helpless at the woman. San'thari really did have to figure out how to get more coin to stay at this inn longer. At the same time, she felt like she needed to move on. It was the weirdest feeling of being torn yet.

“Perhaps there's something I can do for you?”

The owner shook her head a little and then let out a soft laugh. “Oh, no! No. I'm fine, sugar. Thanks for the help.” She rested her hands on her hips now and just laughed a little more. “Listen, San'thari. I don't usually butt into people's lives,” a total lie, “but I think you should think about dating! I know this guy. He's a real cutie and he's a good boy. I've know him since he was yay high.” She motioned with her hand to her knee or under it.

San'thari hesitated and resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Instead, she put a soft, fake smile on her face and just sighed. Might as well. She was planning on staying here longer.

“Okay,” San'thari said softly, almost immediately regretting her decision. “...What's his name?”

“K'dan! Oh, I think you'll like him. He's always reading and sometimes he collects feathers. I don't know if you like that, though...”

That's because you don't know me, San'thari thought to herself. So pairing me up with some child of a friend of yours isn't a good thing.

But she'd never say that out loud, oh, no. Instead she'd say, “It doesn't bother me. I'm sure… he's a good guy?” Way to sound sincere. Even her best fake smile couldn't make this any less awkward. The Leaf woman just pushed a hand through her hair again and then just tugged at her hair very quietly.

“He's a very good guy! He's sweet. I honestly think you two will hit it off.” The innkeeper laughed and rubbed her stomach a little more. “So. I'm going to get back to work. Why don't you just relax and do your own thing until dinner? I'll bring him over and make you two something really nice.”

The girlish giggle that left the fully grown innkeeper made San'thari cringe and let out a really awkward laugh. “Ah… Yes ma'am..”

From there, San'thari was left by herself and was able to fully relax. She was also fully able to wrap her brain around what she'd just agreed to.

She agreed to a blind date, basically. Uugh. Quickly getting up, not even finishing her breakfast or coffee and just went back to her room.

Maybe if I can just sleep this all off, it'll be better? Maybe it didn't happen. Maybe, maybe it was a dream.

One could only hope. Unfortunately she knew the truth.

Her slender frame fell upon her bed gracelessly. At the same time her hand grabbed hold of her pillow and dragged it back over her face to hid the light. Nothing was going to make this date good. Nothing at all. Not even if he was good looking, because honestly? San'thari didn't want a relationship. I mean, sure. She thought about, she sometimes wanted it, but deep down…. San'thari knew she was better suited for a life alone. At least right now.

She wasn't even a full medicine seller yet. Why would she be thinking about a boyfriend?!

Everyone thinks it's normal for a girl her age to think about dating. That actually made her really angry and defeated all at the same time.

“Well,” she started talking to herself. “….It could be worse. She could be setting me up with one of her brothers.” Here she was trying to put a twist on this. There was no saving her.

Honestly San'thari would rather deal with the Witu who attacked her a while ago.

“Maybe I should have stayed in Oba,” she muttered bitterly to herself. “No one was trying to set me up there.” She also didn't know anyone. So it was more lonely and not quite better at the same time. Oh well.

Word Count: 1,000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:16 am
. : . S O L O 2 . : .
In which San'thari goes on her date.

The rest of her day was actually okay. She managed to score some herbs that were a bit harder to find, and she spent hours just making powders and pasts, some salves to pack up and take with her when she finally left this settlement.

Doing this, San'thari was able to clear her mind and calm herself down. She almost, almost forgot about the fact she agreed to a blind date with someone her innkeeper set her up with until her stomach started cramping from hunger. Out of something similar to spite, the Leaf girl ended up skipping lunch. Coupled with the fact she really didn't eat her breakfast, it was no wonder she was feeling nauseous from not eating.

“Time to make myself presentable,” she said with a sigh.

After a shower, a clothes change, and leaving her hair down to fully dry, San'thari gave herself a one last look over in the full length mirror and dusted off the skirt she chose. It was tight around her hips and then went completely loose around her ankles. She wore a top that ended just under her breasts and the sash was ever present to make her feel not quite as naked. At least emotionally she was going to be completely covered. San'thari somehow always managed to bury her feelings deep inside herself and never really let them out.

Of course San'thari did not attribute burying emotions to the headaches and illnesses she often had. Some days San'thari didn't feel like getting out of bed, or even opening her eyes.

“I should have stayed in bed today,” she murmured to herself, pushing some of her hair behind her ears and then gave a shrug.

As good as it was going to get, honestly.

With that, and butterflies in her stomach (not the good kind), San'thari wandered down stairs again. She had a pair of soft leather shoes on her feet, so her footsteps were light and almost inaudible. Enough so they scared someone she ended up walking behind so hard they jumped and dropped their glass of spirits.

“I'm sorry!” She apologized hard, bowing, shifting to squat down.

From there she was promptly stopped and guided away. “Don't worry about that!” It was the innkeeper. “It's fine. We have a boy to help with these situations. Come, K'dan is here! He's waiting for you.”

Ugh. She put on a fake smile and tried her best to look sheepish. “I'm sorry, ma'am,” she whispered softly. “I didn't mean to scare them. I was just trying to get around and just...” They jumped because she made no sound.

“Think nothing about it. It's fine! It happens every night here.” The innkeeper's hands were on San'thari's shoulders, guiding her, pushing her this way and that way around people all the way to a secluded table with only two chairs. One of them was full of what looked like a half Oban man.

He wasn't… bad looking by any means, but San'thari wasn't going to get her hopes up about this date just yet.

When he noticed San'thari, he stood up fully, in all his glory and towered over her as he pulled out her chair for her. He said nothing as he waited for her to sit down, and then sat down himself.

Neither of them spoke very much. When they did, it wasn't...bad. They didn't have too much in common besides both being single and constantly on the move. K'dan was a sword smith, San'thari had no interest in swords and weapons.

They got on the topic of where they've been, and surprisingly, that's where they had the most common interests. They've been to the same settlements, especially when she did her traveling in Oba. Granted, she didn't know how many settlements there were in Oba, but she imagined there to be a lot.

Eventually they got on the topic of what San'thari did.

“I make powders, salves, balms, pastes… For pains and infections. I'm not a doctor. I just make what people think they need and give them that. I can offer recommendations, but...” She let her voice trail off then. “They don't work for everyone. Everyone's body handles these medications differently.” San'thari spread her hands and clicked her tongue.

“So how would you treat a healing stab wound?”

She stopped a minute and thought about it. Pain, possible inflammation. “If it's in an ideal area, with this powder you mix with your drink or I can press into a pill format.” Basically aspirin. “For infection I would rub a salve on it that'll handle the puffiness.”

K'dan looked intrigued and just nodded slowly. “So you'd be good to have around after a scuffle.”

“I've… been told that a few times,” San'thari admitted after a moment. “But I'm not one for staying in one place to long, if.. my list of settlements I've traveled to says anything. I'm actually going to be packing up and moving along soon.”

The half Oban man nodded a little and then took a deep breath. “I see. I can understand that,” he said, rubbing the back of his neck. “I don't want to be here much longer, either. I came to see her,” he motioned to the innkeeper and then looked back to San'thari. “Perhaps we can travel together.”

San'thari cringed at that mentally and just swallowed and took a deep breath. She didn't want to travel with anyone. “Ah, we… can see if we're leaving around the same time.”

The night had been going so well, too. Come to find out he was really clingy. Well. That was a turn off wasn't it? She took a breath and then just gave a fake yawn.

“Unfortunately,” she said through fake sleepiness, “I am exhausted. I had a very early and long day.”

K'dan nodded and moved again to stand up. He moved behind her with some awkward movements and pulled her chair out. “Alright. I hope to see you around?”

The Leaf girl shrugged then and pursed her lips together. “We'll see.”

With that, she bowed her head a little and headed back up the stairs. Well she'd be getting out of here first thing in the morning.

Word Count: 1,033

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:23 am
. : . S O L O 3 . : .
In which San'thari gets a kiss?

Once morning came, San'thari was serious about leaving as soon as she could. It wouldn't be for a couple more days. There was plenty left to be done before she could actually walk out of the town. She had to make sure her clothes were clean, she had the proper shoes, back up shoes, and everything to prepare her for any kind of weather.

San'thari liked to be on top of everything. She liked being reliable and prepared. Being surprised by a storm when you weren't packed for it was a serious damper on your life and travel, thus she put herself an umbrella in her bag.

Mental list to buy a second one soon. The one she's using now used to be her back up. The main umbrella ended up with a giant hole in it when a branch decided to fall as she raced toward the inn one day. Luckily for her, the umbrella protected her head. Otherwise she'd either be dead or still in recovery.

If you were in recovery you wouldn't have had to have your date with K'dan, she thought bitterly to herself.

When she finally wormed her way out of the inn, it was midday. She'd lost half a day because the nosy innkeeper wouldn't stop hounding her for questions about the date.

“But how did it go?” She got asked.

“Fine,” was the reply, coupled with a shrug.

“...Just fine?”

San'thari stared hard for a moment and pursed her lips again. “It went fine, ma'am. We talked. We ate. It was… a date.”

“So you're not interested in K'dan?”

A shrug that seemed slightly sheepish. “Honestly, ma'am? No. He seems like a nice guy, but we have little in common.” Which was San'thari's way of saying she would rather eat paint than go out with him again. “Besides. I'm leaving in a couple of days.”

That ended up shutting the innkeeper up, much to San'thari's chagrin. She hadn't meant to embarrass the innkeeper…

But what was done was done. They chatted more, about where San'thari was heading, what she was going to do.

“You know,” Inkeeper said. “K'dan travels a lot. You should go with him.”

The smile on her lips was thin. She barely bit back some harsh words before taking a deep breath and shaking her head.

“As much as that sounds nice,” San'thari said evenly, “I'm not sure that's wise. I'm not much company. I would rather travel by myself.”

“Oh but you can't be by yourself! There's bandits, thieves, ruffians on the road!”

San'thari had had it by this point. She just smiled harder and shrugged. “Either way? I need to go before the shops close.” Just like that San'thari moved around the pregnant innkeeper and headed out the door before another word could possibly be said on this subject. Why was her love life so interesting to other people? Who cares she didn't have a boyfriend and never had?

Why couldn't everyone realize she just wanted to do her own thing. San'thari wanted to be her own person, make sure she did the things she wanted to do rather than what everyone else wanted her to do.

“I want to be independent,” she muttered as she looked around this one quaint shop. Automatically her eyes moved before her hands, glancing at things, trying to figure out what they were and what she needed for her trip. San'thari licked her lips slowly and then shook her head a little.

Her feet shuffled past the clothes, she needed some of them, but not at the prices in this shop… thing. Heck, she wasn't sure this was a shop.

There were family photos on the wall, and some of the rooms looked like they were honestly someone living here. They were arranged in such a way, like this living room. Slowly San'thari sat down on one of the stools before smiling quietly. It felt nice.

Maybe some day she wouldn't mind living in a nice house like this.

Working from home… Selling medication out of a house she bought or had built. That's what she wanted, eventually. Where would she want to live though?

It wasn't until someone cleared their throat did San'thari remember she was shopping. With a red face, she got up and shuffled toward the exit.

Nothing in that shop she wanted.

As she walked through the little outside market, she found herself staring at some herbs she hadn't seen before. She was pretty sure they were for cooking, but in all honesty, most of the cooking herbs had other things you could do with them. With a critical eye, she thumbed through some of the leafy things, smelled them, and even tasted them.

"Excuse me," she murmured to the owner, not wanting to be too loud. "This plant... is it common? Can it be found just growing around or is it specifically planted?"

The owner explained to San'thari that it was just a common herb found in most gardens. It was used mainly for desserts, coupled with chocolate. Like mint, but it gave it more of a punch. This was spearmint, not peppermint.

"I've heard," the owner said, "that it can be used for a digestive if you know how to work it."

"Which means," San'thari said a second afterwards. "Which means that it can be used for inflammation. Good for sore throats, colds.. Can I get a bundle of this? I want to see what else it's good for. Just.. ..One pound might be good enough."

"One pound of spearmint? What on earth are you?" The owner said with a laugh, starting to pack up the requested amount.

"Oh... I'm.. I want to become an herbalist, traveling medicine seller."

"Yeah? How did you get into that?" Asked the owner.

San'thari had never thought about it before. She tilted her head to one side and thought slowly. "...I guess it's just something I picked up. My mother did some of it at home. Simple things, home remedies.. Then.." She shrugged. "I learned from an older herbalist in my town. She taught me things and sent me traveling to pick up new techniques. She wants.. well, I guess I want to improve and make new medications that will help with even more illnesses. There's only so much we can treat and help."

"Aaaah, I see," the owner said with a nod. With the spearmint in hand and paid for, San'thari waved the owner off and continued on her way. As she walked away, San'thari couldn't help but realize how easy it was to find a new herb to experiment with. It made her curious what other herbs were out there she hadn't seen. The old herbalist was right; there was a lot out here for her to discover. Coming down this path she would end up creating something new and unique, wouldn't she?

"I could really help a lot of people being a wandering herbalist instead of just one that stays in a settlement..." Once again she felt very validated in her choice. This was what she wanted to do with her life. What she enjoyed and loved to do.

Eventually San'thari found herself at a place for lunch and she looked around.

There was K'dan. She looked back to the menu quickly enough and tried to hide behind it.

It didn't work. He'd caught her and was making his way over. Uuugh. She looked up at the half Oban and just let her brows knit a little more.

The lunch they shared was a very awkward impromptu second date that San'thari had no interest in continuing.

“To think I almost missed you,” K'dan said as he sipped at his hot coffee.

“Yeah, what a shame that would have been.” She was trying her damndest to not be a snobby person, but here it was. “I mean. It would have been a shame if you missed me. I couldn't tell you how much… I enjoyed our conversation from yesterday.”

Well to a point she enjoyed it, so she wasn't lying per say.

“Unfortunately, though. I don't have a lot of time to linger. I have to orders to fill out,” K'dan said, voice almost too loud for this kind of quiet cafe.

“What a shame...”

San'thari couldn't muster up any actual sympathy for him. “It was nice seeing you again. I need to get going myself. I have a few things to do, too..”

The two parted ways after lunch, but not before K'dan ended up kissing her on the cheek.

Well that was a turn off.

As quickly as she could, San'thari ran to the inn and buried herself in her room to continue packing.

This makes two days in a row she had regrets about walking outside the room.

Word Count: 1488

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:58 am
. : . G r o w t h S o l o . : .
San'thari prepares to leave the inn and the settlement she's been staying in. However, the innkeeper's surprise early labor made her stay. Severe bleeding happens and with San'thari making coagulating pastes and salves, and the midwife's efforts, the mother was safe and bore a healthy baby boy.

With the last of her things packed, San'thari pulled her packs on her back and headed towards the door of the inn, having already squared up her payment and talked to the innkeeper.

What she didn't expect, was K'dan to rush in with said innkeeper in her arms and looking like she had seen a ghost. The woman was pasty and looked like she felt clammy to the touch.

“What happened, K'dan?” San'thari asked, dropping her bags to follow him. He brought her to the back room, her personal bedroom and laid her out on the bed. Innkeeper just grabbed her stomach and that's when San'thari saw the wetness of the pants the woman was wearing.

O-oh. Oh Gods above.

“I'm fixing to have the baby! San'thari...” The keeper sounded scared and reached her hand out, gripping the Leaf girl's hand tightly by her fingers. “You have to help me.. Something… Gods, something for the pain? S...Get the midwife, just..!” The woman panted and nearly screamed as another contraction racked her, the first one San'thari's seen.

Okay, San'thari's head was swamped with images and memories. She tried to remember what she's read about child birth before realizing, absolutely nothing. Wonderful.

Gods how was she going to do this? San'thari licked suddenly dry lips and pulled her hands away to get officially ready. She pulled her hair away from her face completely, bangs getting swept up in the messy ponytail. She'd have to figure this out on the job and pray she saved both of their lives. With that done, she moved grab her bag, pulling out her bag she had full of her mixtures, labeled in her own shorthand for what they were mixed with and what they were used for.

“K'dan. I need.. I need some water. Get lots of it. This is going to be messy. I need towels. We'll need a lot of them.” Gods did she know if any of her mixtures could be used on pregnant women? They were all natural and some were used for children, but infants? Well, she'd just have to try. “Get a midwife if you can find one! I'm not sure what I'm doing here.”

With that, K'dan was out the door to get the things asked of him.

San'thari cleared her throat as she grabbed some of the pain killer she made and poured it into a leaf that had a bitter taste and would also act as more pain killer. “Okay. Okay, ma'am. I need you to take this leaf and chew everything inside of it.” Her nimble fingers worked the leaf into a pouch that was bite sized and she put it to the innkeeper's lips. “It's going to taste bad, but it'll hopefully help.”

Stalling is what her goal was, really. Keeping the innkeeper as alive and trying to make he comfortable and as pain free as she could manage. Hopefully nothing… started coming around the mountain before the midwife showed up.

The innkeeper chewed the leaf and gagged.

“D-don't spit it out. Eat it. Let it help. It'll hopefully ease the contractions and you can focus on breathing.”

She had no idea what she was saying, really.

Still, the innkeeper did as she was told and San'thari nodded before getting her water pouch and pushed it against the woman's lips. She let her drink the powder and taste down before taking a breath and putting her hands on the other's stomach.

San'thari was no midwife. Never trained in the ways, she didn't hear stories from her mother about anything like this, so the young Leaf girl was scared and shaking as she just stroked the stomach.

“Well, I can feel the baby squirming in there, so that's a good thing.” San'thari smiled a little helplessly and shrugged as the innkeeper groaned again, and grabbed her stomach. “Was it as bad? It should be a fast activating formula because it's a powder.”

The innkeeper just bit down on her lip and glared at San'thari like this was all her fault.

“S-sorry,” San'thari ducked her head and just rubbed at her cheeks and ears before K'dan came back with the water and towels and someone else in tow. “Oh gods, thank you,” she said with a low noise and sighed hard before the midwife took over.

“I gave her a powder of pain killers wrapped in a leaf. It shouldn't hurt the baby at all...” San'thari swallowed as the elder woman with a broad build sort of shouldered and muscled her out of the way.

“I've got it from here. But..” She looked at San'thari with a look of judgment on her face. “Stay close. I might… need you to make something to stop the bleeding. Her family has a history of… tragedy..” They both looked at the innkeeper who looked a little more relaxed but grim at the exact same time. It was kind of impressive, really.

Hours went by before the baby was born. There was a lot of screaming, blood, and cursing. San'thari was little more than a nurse at this point. She was handing the midwife towels and letting the mother-to-be squeeze her arm, hand, leg, whatever the woman could get her hands on. Bruises blossomed on her skin, and San'thari ignored the pain.

With the healthy boy born, now was the time for San'thari to shine.

The bleeding didn't stop. “We're going to lose her if you can't do something fast, girl!” The midwife was doing her best to stop the bleeding while K'dan cleaned of the child with instructions being screamed at him. The poor man was shaken to his core from witnessing this birth. He never wanted to see this again.

Right. San'thari had to figure out something to stop the bleeding, coagulate the blood, basically.

“I-I know how to do it for cuts, but major bleeding?” San'thari was basically talking to herself at this point. She was stressed out to the max and pretty sure she had gray hairs from this experience. She looked down at the flowers and leaves in her bag and her mind went completely blank.

Crap.

Crap, crap, crap. Being put on the spot like this…

The girl was shaking as she reached for a clump of purple pedals and grabbed her mortal and pestle. Maybe if she could make some sort of salve they could get it in the area? She had no idea. Okay, best make a salve and something to take by mouth.

The purple flower pedals were mushed down into a paste and some grass was added along with a tree bark she knew would be good. Normally his mixture would go directly onto the wound. She knew that much. “This mixture should work if you know where she's bleeding exactly. If not, I've made enough to just… hopefully cover the whole...” Vague hand gestures were made as she washed her hands and the bowl out before starting to make another powder. San'thari didn't have the luxury to worry about much else right now.

Her tongue came out and swiped at her lips as more bark was grabbed, some different grasses, and an oil of some sorts just to make it smoother to go down. When it was done, she turned to the innkeeper, who was pale at this point and sweaty, and just pushed the paste (it was supposed to be a powder, but San'thari realized the mother wouldn't be able to take it) into her patients mouth and worked the throat to make her swallow it down. “Is it working? Is the blood clotting?”

The midwife's hand went back and forth from the bowl to the woman. She'd currently been working on sewing the tearing up and trying to apply pressure inside as best as she could. But now the bleeding seemed to be slowing down with the mixture of both women.

Once the mother's bleeding stopped completely, San'thari worked with cleaning up her kit and just took a deep breath. She was no healer. She was no midwife, but… she helped save a life or possibly two today.

The midwife came to San'thari and put a hand upon her shoulder before offering her a tired, pleased smile. “...With out you she ..wouldn't have made it. It wasn't planned she'd have the baby so soon, so I wasn't prepared. I didn't...”

San'thari shook her head a little. “Don't worry about it, ma'am. ...Prepared or not, the mother and child are alive. I've made more coagulating paste she takes by hand if she experiences any abnormal bleeding. We know bleeding happens after child birth.. Ah.. I might end up just sticking around to make sure things are going to go well. She lost a lot of blood… She needs iron rich foods, supplements..” She could make the supplements for sure.

“I wouldn't mind the help, honestly. I do after care as much as I can. Of course I have a few deliveries to make during the next couple of months, but I'll be here as well,” the midwife chimed slowly. “Thank you again. I am just amazed.. amazed you knew that.”

“It's what I've been studying since I was small. I learned from someone in my home village and I'm trying to pick up more information,” San'thari said with a low noise. She finally pulled her hair free and let it fall around her.

With that said, the two just cleaned up before heading their separate ways. The midwife stayed with the innkeeper, and San'thari just went back to her room. She'd talk to the innkeepers husband when he came back tomorrow from trying to buy supplies in preparation for this. It was honestly a surprise early birth.

But, today proved San'thari was in the right field. She loved helping people and feeling like she mad a difference.

Word Count: 1,639

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:05 pm
. : . S O L O 4 . : .
In which San'thari is pissed.

When San'thari woke from her drunken slumber, the leaf woman's head was pounding and she felt like she had cold sweats. She shivered and pulled the blanket over her head before curling up into a tight ball. It was cold, by the gods. Her toes curled and she let out a miserable sounding moan before she realized she really had to get up and get to the bathroom. Her stomach was very uneasy. However, when she pulled the blanket back down and opened her eyes, she let out a very feline-like hiss and slapped her hands over her eyes.

So she was hungover. This is what it was like. This was a miserable existence and she didn't know who would willingly do this to themselves day in and day out. Drunks were odd and she would never really understand them.

Either way, it took a while for her eyes to adjust to the too-bright light of the sun of a clear morning, and she made her way to the bathroom attached to her room where she immediately started to balance herself out. She had gotten sick, but felt better after. She brushed her teeth slowly and quietly before deciding to soak in the tub provided. Thank the gods for hot water.

It took a few moments, but with the bath filled with warm, steaming water, San'thari stripped herself down and just soaked in it. Her chilled skin sang with pain as she lowered herself. It was a shock to her system, further waking her up and making her head pound in time with her heartbeat.

If she was this bad, how would Warren be?

She thought back to their time downstairs and smirked. He wasn't a drinker and yet the big man had kept up with San'thari and how much she had. So if he was feeling like this, it was probably her fault.

I should probably go tend to him, she thought to herself, sighing outwardly as she dipped low so her chin was submerged up to her bottom lip. Tend to us both, honestly. She would nurse both of their aching heads, change his bandages and make sure he didn't pop stitches. The healers wouldn't like having to restitch the giant man. She should also order something salty and greasy for them both to eat. Eggs and sausage for breakfast, with bread or toast to soak up whatever alcohol was left in their systems.

She bathed herself in that warm water, slowly, so she could savor being warm. San'thari stayed there until the water was cold and reluctantly she got out and into the cold air. She wrapped herself up in a towel and dressed herself in layers. Over her usual tops and tight pants, she put on a long sleeved shirt, and then a coat over that and wandered down to go ask which one was Warren's room and to order breakfast.

“Ah, you won't need two breakfasts,” the woman at the tavern said. “That big brute left way before you got up. Guess people got scared of him.” She pushed her wiry hair out of her face and fixed San'thari with a look. “What's a girl like you doing with someone like him? He's so …. strange.” She wrinkled her nose.

San'thari's brow arched briefly before her look flattened out to an unimpressed and very pissed off one. “Then I'm leaving now. I want a refund for the rest of the days I booked. Two weeks, I believe?” She was not in the mood. What kind of inn let their patrons be run off? What kind of settlement ran someone off because he was larger than usual and rough around the edges?

It took the woman by surprise and she looked offended. “Excuse you miss, but why would you leave early?”

“I'm not talking about it. If I don't get my coin back for the fourteen days I'm not going to be here, trust me, you won't have patrons again once I spin the tale of how this place treats people. Chasing someone out? What did you get pitchforks and torches and march on him while the man fled? He was injured for gods sake! How could you?” She turned around to the rest of the tavern, looking at the patrons and staff. “How could you all?”

“That wasn't a man, that was a beast,” came a slurred voice from the back.

“He did nothing. You're the ones assuming how he is.”

Oh she was mad. San'thari stormed upstairs and quickly packed all of her things. She'd be damned if she stayed here. She had to find Warren. His wounds were bad and honestly, she wanted to make sure he wasn't going to further hurt himself or reopen the deeper wounds.

When she came back down, the owner was there himself to stop her from demanding her coin back.

“We don't give refunds,” he said simply with a smug grin on his face.

She worked her jaw and stared at him, bags on her back. She was a strong one, San'thari was. “Listen to me,” she said carefully, each word clipped. “Refund my money or you won't like what happens.” She was not a push over. “I can destroy this little inn you have. I know enough people who will be horrified to stay in a racist place who runs paying customers out because of the way they look.” Her eyes narrowed hard as she stared at the fat man.

He opened his mouth and then closed it. “...Very well,” he said, motioning to the till. The woman from before calculated it down to the last coin and refunded San'thari. With an apologetic look, and their eyes downcast in shame, San'thari left them without even a thank you.

She was going to tell people about this inn, this.. She looked around for the sign. “Howl?” She rolled her eyes. That didn't sound like a tavern name at all. Ugh, she would definitely never come here again. This business would maybe not close, but she was definitely going to spread their treatment of her new found friend by word of mouth.

“Disgusting.”

With that, and still hungover, San'thari had no idea where to go, so she just picked a random direction and started walking.

Word Count: 1047

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:57 am
. : . S O L O 4 . : .
In which San'thari has a lot of thoughts.

This past year wasn’t her year in the slightest bit.

After she helped Warren get to his dad’s place and the advice, somehow they got separated for a long time. San’thari found herself wandering all of Tendaji to get herbs, plants, special water, special earth, and found a place to call her base for a full year. She’d settled in a little area between two larger towns where people were friendly and didn’t seem to care she wasn’t trying to get married and settle down. They didn’t look at her like some witch either, since she was surrounded by plants all day and quite often smelled, not fowl most of the time, just not great. San’thari found a place that felt comfortable and for her, that was a huge feat.

She’d become something of a recluse even more than before. She only spoke to the inn keeper and one or two other people. Mainly she just shared small talk and that was it before continuing on her way if she was in town. It wasn’t that San’thari made herself hard to approach, she was just far more focused on expanding her knowledge of herbal medication.

Recently she got asked about medication for a snaptrotter. Perhaps she needed to branch off into animal medication as well? San’thari didn’t even know how to start researching that. Well, talk to a vet would be the first thing. They knew how to take care of animals where San’thari was pretty sure a lot of her mixtures were dangerous to them.

She pushed her hair to the side as she sat in her inn room. The Leaf girl felt really stiff and sore from her day yesterday of walking and pulling her cart with her. She was aching something fierce, but it had to be done. Otherwise she’d be in that same village when she just felt like she had to move on. It was time. Spending nearly one year in one spot was so unusual for her. There had been emotions when she left that made her cry, and she was trying to protect herself from that kind of emotion.

Of course it didn’t help when she remembered her best friend Warren and the fact he was probably still trying to find that animal to get revenge for basically a lot that went wrong with the poor man’s life. He was alone right now, or maybe Gaddok had found him? Thinking of him made her chest hurt. It was tight and uncomfortable and honestly San’thari didn’t understand why she felt this way. No one else made this pain happen when she thought about them. Green eyes settled on the sheets she was sitting upon and just stared. This was way too many serious thoughts for having just opened her eyes.

She got out of bed and stretched herself out before changing out of her night gown and into her normal clothes. Pants slid over her hips, her shirt settled into place, and her sash went around her middle.

Opening her door, San’thari was happy to see they brought her breakfast. She told them to if it was busy down stairs. The keepers had looked at her funny, but she explained she was focused on her research and didn’t need any distractions from anyone trying to talk to her and fill her head with ideas and things like that. So she took her tray back into her room and settled the tray down at the wooden table, and herself in one of the lightly padded matching wooden chairs.

Breakfast was eaten slowly while sipping at the still steaming cup of coffee. They must have just brought it. Either way, the Leaf girl was more than happy with enjoying her morning.

Her thoughts wandered back in time. She climbed mountains to gather flowers rich in color and medical purpose. She waded rivers for moss, climbed trees for specific fruit pits and leaves, while enjoying the flesh of the fruit.

San’thari had gotten into Oba for a short stint so she could collect key ingredients in almost all of her medication. Oba was so much different than anything she’d experienced before. She’d love to drag Warren there once his life was more together than it currently was.

All in all, she had a pretty good year. It was lonely, traveling like she did, but she had missed it. No, she wouldn’t trade her experiences for anything in this world; traveling with people, actually making a few friends along the way, but… This was the only way she felt relaxed.

Maybe in time she would learn some different way of enjoying herself, but this is what it was right now.

She’d fished on the shores, thought about traveling to Matori, but ultimately thought against it. Matori was a long way away, just like this new place where these new races were coming from. They were still new to her. She hadn’t met anyone from Belrea, but she had a feeling they’d be very different in their medical knowledge. She’d have to go there for over a year or more, probably, to really learn what they knew. Maybe she could branch off.

Maybe they knew more precise ways to measure things! That would be exciting. Right now she didn’t have a scale so every batch was a little different. If she could get an accurate scale that wasn’t a pain in the rear to use, maybe she could finally make consistent batches more often and not have to fluctuate her prices.

“That’s living the life,” she murmured to herself, finishing off her coffee. Her plate and bowl were cleared next and San’thari settled. She was full, still not quite awake, but over all she was happy. Maybe soon she could go figure out where Warren was. It’d be easy to ask: Have you seen this giant guy with a lot of spiky crystals on his face and odd eyes? No he’s not a demon, why would you think that?

It was decided then. After her three day stay in this town, she would set off and find Warren. He was around here last time she’d seen him. Maybe he was still close by.

Word Count: 1034

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
◈ Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers