Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Guild: Akumu Academy

Back to Guilds

A dark Pokémon RP guild that is literate for the most part. 

Tags: Pokemon, Team Rocket, Dark pokemon guild, Roleplay 

Reply Sanctuary
The Tree of Dreams Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The world around you is hazy, lids half open and a yawn on your lips as if waking from a long dream...but as you take in the sight before you it is clearly not over just yet. Towering taller then even the most preposterous skyscraper is a tree, clouds swirling around it like flowers, the leaves giving off a faint glow as small glittering balls begin gathering in the branches. Clear even from the distance, each contains a Pokemon, the one's you encountered upon your journey....but only some, those whom left with a positive opinion of you...yet not all these beasts are your own...the other students perhaps? Yes, you get the odd feeling you aren't the only human here...yet you can see no one. A shared dream, seen by all, but impossible to see one another. The mind is a tricky, easily twisted thing...

Suddenly the sky is torn asunder by black lighting, the blue above turning a start bloody red. The grass at your feet has turned to a barren waste, and the tree before you has become gnarled and riddled with thorns...a nightmarish mockery of it's original beauty. >Hehehehe...<" A high pitched laugh echoes across the trees personal island, a sinister shadow shifting through the branches ">Welcome to the Nightmare lil'Saviors<" The voice mocks. the source still remaining unseen ">Come to give your bodies to the cause? My children still need to eat!<" The voice turns deep and sharp, almost hysterical before swiftly returning to a much lighter tone ">I suppose not.<"

">Then I'll say it again...<" The figure lands upon the ground, stepping forward from the trees shadow ">Welcome to your Nightmare<" What now stands before each trainer is themselves, or more accurately a twisted, nightmarish representation of their greatest fears. Them as they never wished to be. Them as they would rather die then be!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:56 pm
Falling asleep in a dream ...to get to a dream ...it was a confusing concept as Victoria would rouse underneath the tree. One hand would touch the top of her head lightly as the small Murkrow would flap her wings varies times to get off the ground. It would seem Eve had fallen asleep as well as she flutters up beside her ....as the girl would smile lightly before touching her head.

Smoothing down feathers with one or two fingers as the light chime in from the tree ......it was there in the shadows that reddish eyes would glow. And a face that made her want to scowl appear, not because of who it was, but ...how she was dress.

A girl of her same height and exact same build would come out of the shadows. She would have cotton candy color hair, and she was dress in a bright pink dress. Her face was what one would call beautiful with the amount of make up she was wearing, and she twirls a umbrella in her arms.

Victoria felt sick as the girl smiles at her.

She was a girly girly ...complete with dimples and curly hair.

"Hello ...sugar and sweets."

She declares happily as she does a dance on one foot. Then she would make a quick dip as she curtsy"...please to meet you."

She smiles happily.

Lunarsun
Captain

Hilarious Informer

Jazzfox
Vice Captain

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:44 am
Jasmine would rouse slowly but surely, groaning as she sat up, a hand to her head as she would look around herself... Her entire team was out beside her Rotom... All of them floored beneath this strange and twisted tree when she would look up at it, the rest of her party me,bets rousing one by one also.

"I guess the Nightmare finally shows itself, huh?"

[Or got tired of you dragging your feet on every stupid game...] Muttered Burnut under his breath before he looked up... And saw Her.

The figure before them in this wasteland was Jasmine and yet not her.

She had the girls scarred eye, the albino skin and glasses.... But unlike the last nightmare, she wa not glass nor bandages nor anything else.

She was dressed in blacks and greys and her face never showed any emotion, in one hand she held a leash, a chain that climbed the tree and riddled with blades and spikes that dug into the Pokemon orbs above, creating a macabre Christmas tree look between the chain and bobbles.

All around them at once, they'd hear the cries of Pokemon as the chains pierced the orbs and tire into them.

But all the while, this Jasmine did not as much as look back, she just looked to the real Jasmine's one-eyed and horrified stare, shrugging impassively.

"Why should you care?" The Nightmare asked, before boredom pulling on the chain, tightening it upon each and every one. "You know it and I know it that they're not even real."

"So why bother?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:55 am
((Little more then I'd intended for you do on your own, but it does make the images all the clearer.))

Raven's eyelids would rise slowly, half open eyes taking in the sight of his black gloved hand and the swaying grass around it. Within an instant crimson orbs would snap open, the boy pushing off the ground and leaping to his feet. He would stumble only once, nearly tripping over the tail tip of the Steelix nestled against the ground. One hand hovering over the hilt of his weapon the child's head would snap right and left, searching for an enemy...and one he would not immediately see. Removing the ball from his belt the boy would recall Genn, and summon forth Fable...making it quite evident which of his great beasts he trusted foremost.

"Now why would you remove sub a magnificent stepping stool from your presence?" A calm, well mannered, and unfortunately very familiar voice would call down to the child from the branches of the tree. Raven's head would snap in that direction...and his eyes would immediately darken. It was a sight he'd imagined many times over the years, but hoped in all his life never to see...truly, his worst nightmare of them all...

With polished boots made of fine leather, shoulders draped with a cloak made of the finest materials and clearly having never see true use, a boy stepped down from the stop of the tree, using a battered and beaten Steelix like a staircase. When the Steel-Type shifted even the slightest bit the boy would jab his heel violently into the crevice between the creature's segments "Now what have I said about moving?" He stated in calmly, a slight cutting undertone evident in his voice "I suppose you'll need to be trained some more" The boy sneered before hopping off. With hair like fresh ash, skin as pale as snow, and eyes which sat in his sockets like two placid pools of crimson blood, it was an aristocratic mockery of Raven, everything he'd never hoped to be, and everything he had expected to become under his father's 'parenting'.

"What's the matter? Ashamed at missing out upon such glory?" The nightmare said with a smug look upon his otherwise dignified face. In response Raven actually spat on the ground, his face scrunching up as his usual calm mask was ripped away "More like disgusted you pathetic waste of flesh" He snarled, a low growl building in his throat. Fable for an instant would actually take a double take when glancing at his master. This was a side of Raven he rarely witnessed, one which only surfaced when faced with that which the child despised most in all the world presented itself...a pompous, conceited, pure-blooded 'true noble'. "Cut this loathsome display and fight like whatever the hell it is you are!" Raven barked, a vein seeming to throb in his head as his eyes almost seemed to ignite. His face read nothing but rage and disgust....and in response, the nightmare laughed.

The laugh was an unsettling sound, a voice which did not belong coming from the boy's throat, or even from the mouth of a human, but even as his voice returned to normal and he began to speak, that laugh would continue "Oh but this is how I fight! Let you wallow in your greatest fear. Allow the dread...the the terror...the hatred...the rage...the despair consume you, and then once succumb to your emotions...I stick you like a Tepig and roast you alive."

Raven's eyes narrowed at that, before spitting "The only one roasting today is you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So how are you liking this little world sweetie pie?" The phantom of Victoria asked sweetly, a sugary smile spread on her cheeks "Isn't the nightmare just lovely this time of year?" She went on, tilting her head to one side, the curled locks of her hair bouncing slightly. "Why don't you just give in? Join everyone else in sleeping forever; at least it will feel like a lifetime or two for you. Really you'll be turned into mulch to feed my kits" The nightmare said, the sweetness of her voice, the daintiness of her smile, never faltering for even a second even as she uttered such horrible things.

"No? Going to resist?" She asked coyly, tilting her head the other way. After a moments pause a hand would raise to her mouth, a childish giggle rising from her throat...before immediately turning into that same laugh which had greeted Victoria upon her arrival....yet the voice did not change "You humans...such stupid, destructive creatures. Justifying the slaughter of my kind for centuries in wars not our own. Power of friendship my furry a**!" She paused a moment, adjusting her arms behind her back and bending forward "...I mean...Power of friendship, what a silly billy idea!" The Phantom corrected itself in a sickeningly sweet and girly tone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why do you bother? You always fail. Bandage after bandage. Every time you heal you just go and break something else" The other Jasmine taunted in a near emotionless, almost ironic sounding tone of voice "Do you even know how to walk without crutches or a cast?"

The nightmare would turned back a moment, tugging on the leash almost hard enough to rip it off of it's charges, a faint smirk touching her lips before washing away. "Why don't you just give up? Your whole team is made up of gifts and utter flukes. You never really succeed; and every time you think you do, turns out you screwed up in the biggest way possible" Though her words were cruel, the other Jasmine spoke them in an emotionless, detached manner, as if it was a matter of observing the facts.

Suddenly the roots of the tree would rip from the ground, moving aside as a section of bark and earth opened up to reveal a set of heavily spiked steel grinders, stained with splotches of blood and barring a distinct purpose. "Why don't you just make it easier on us all and give up now? Jump right in and at least be useful for once in your miserable little life. At least as slurry you can give my kits a full belly" The nightmarish phantom sneered slightly then, adding "If the stench of your failure doesn't give them indigestion."

??? [M]
The Nightmare King, Lv ???
Nature:
Impish
Stats:
HP:/PP:/ATK:/DEF:/SPD:/SP-ATK:/SP-DEF:
MOVES:
- Dark Pulse
- Snatch
- Spite
- Extrasensory
Item: Shard of the Night-Mirror - Allows the bearer to transcend their natural abilities within the dream world, pushing their Ability beyond it's limits [Dream World Only]. User becomes able to mimic their opponent perfectly, allowing them to Counter-Attack with exactly the same move their enemy is using. This item cannot be unequipped or stolen.

Lunarsun

Jazzfox

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Lunarsun
Captain

Hilarious Informer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Victoria felt a bit sick even looking at her self like this. This might have been her if she hadn't been born in the mountains and spent her entire life in a mansion of something. A waste of space as she would simply wait until she ...or it finished talking.

"Okay, finish ...let me make a few things clear. First off, I am not sleepy, so yes I am going to resist. Second, I don't want to be food for your kits ..umm..my kits or whatever the hell is going on here. And third, you are nightmare right, so I am going to kick your a** and get Animus back."

"Though I am glad to see you have a bit of guts about."

Victoria of course referring to the a** comment.

"But, pink isn't yours or mine color, and the power of friendship is a bullshit idea. It's the power of power that counts, so ...show me yours and I will overwhelm you with mine."

The girl declares sounding really proud of herself as even Eve hid behind a wing on her comment. No, she wasn't sickening sweet, but there was times ...Victoria can turn ones stomach as much as the cute version of her.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:45 pm
Jasmine went to speak and her mouth hung open when the Other her took voice and command... Her voice... Her manner... Everything uncaring, everything cruel and aloof... And every word seemed to bite at Jasmine, until she bit her lip and tried to keep a straight face as she ground words in Jasmine had been thinking all along, horrible things she knew were True that no one else would tell it.

Her lip would quiver, and finally would come the sob, the watering eye. "Stop it..."

Her voice was tiny, small as she gripped her hand into the dead earth and twisted the withered grass in her shaking grasp. "Just... Just stop it..."

Behind Jasmine, there her Pokemon would look to one another as they came to, looking at one another in confusion and disarray before this Nightmare Jasmine. Between the Chansey and Skarmory and Rotom, not one could step forward to think what to do when they saw Jasmine in this state, her head bowed downward...

Only Burnout was the one roused longest, having seen the whole thing, he was right beside Jasmine, struggling to think of the right words to tell the girl,to reassure her... [Jasmine-]

His words weren't necessary however, as suddenly Jasmine snapped her head up, tears flowing from her eye, scowling at the monotone Her. "I'd rather spend the rest of my life as a crippled urchin in constant pain, than walk around forever as a soulless, unfeeling husk like you!"

"If I'm really such a useless screw up, then why are you trying to talk me out of a fight, huh?"

She grabbed her crutch, and it was painful, maybe even awkward or less than flattering, but up Jasmine would rise, inch by inch, a bandaged arm brushing past her eye until she rid herself of her earlier tears, even if her eye still watered, the red glare she issued all the challenge she needed.

"I do what I think is right... And if that happens to mean slapping you down until you let go of that chain, that sounds like a good start for me!"

Jazzfox
Vice Captain

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:53 am
((With all due respect to you LunLun dear, I do ask that you refrain from posting for a character when you don't fully know what is going on...next post though, seeing as the battle's about to actually start. Sorry it's just that this is one of those slightly more dramatic 'plot' oriented moments.))

"The question is....why do you want me to talk you out of it?" The other Jasmine spoke clearly, her eyes not even flickering as she starred back at the heavily bandaged trainer "This is a dream, where the truth creeps out of the darkness. You can lie to yourself, but yourself won't lie back." With a gesture as simple as blinking, the other Jasmine would release the leash and it would simply disappear, fading "The chains were only there because you wanted them to be....now what does that say about you? Or rather....us?" The phantom asked with a quirk of an eyebrow. He was getting to her, he could see it, and he was more then happy to continue this farce a little longer to see if he could get that much closer to breaking her spirit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"HEhEHeEHEhEHeEhe!" That laugh again, echoing across the island and penetrating straight to one's own bones "You're an interesting one. Honest about what you humans really are...but...." The frilly 'nightmarish' Victoria would take a step back, her eyes beginning to faintly glow "This isn't a battle of light and darkness. It is dark against dark, and when black meets black the smaller is absorbed..." The phantoms body began to ripple, the frilly pink dress slowly disappearing like flecks of confetti on the wind, giving away to short black fur ">...and I assure you, I cast the larger shadow<" The voice was dark and malicious this time, but the source clear as day. Standing before Victoria, his body shimmering for the briefest instant, was a Zoroark.

This was where the dreams would begin to divide...

">I am Oberon, the Nightmare King. Last time we failed to cleanse the world of you humans, and for it my mate was taken from me, but this time....this time will be different<" The Dark-Type spat, and with this declaration would reach back into his mane, retrieving what looked like a particularly large shard of glass, and thrusting it straight into his own heart. Rather then blood however, a thick black substance resemblant of tar would gush from the wound, shadows beginning to radiate from the Pokemon's body. Yes things would be different this time...he wasn't going to take the humans one at a time...he wasn't going to build an army fed on the flesh of humans...he was going to create a monster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In response to Raven's threats the Nightmare would do something unexpected. Lifting one gloved hand he would cover his face as if averting his gaze out of fear or disgrace...but then he started laughing, that unnatural penetrating laugh...and when he removed his hand it would be to reveal a most unexpected sight "Tough talk for a child who can't even handle this!" It was a face...not Raven's or any humans face. With beady, soulless black eyes, it's mouth set into a permanent grin, it was the face of a Wooper on Raven's body.

There would be no retort to this act. No scream or cry. Instead Raven would react in a manner Victoria would have been all too familiar with...or rather that her Emolga was familiar with. Although his eyes hadn't rolled back, the young trainer had completely frozen up, his joints locking into place while his face showed nothing but dread. What he'd just seen could not be unseen, and it was liable to haunt him for the rest of his days.

"HeHehEHeHehEHe!" That laugh again, erupting from the nightmare's throat as his guise began to fade ">Such a wonderful and strange fear. If only all humans were this easy!<" The voice that had greeted him would say, the skin and cloth that made up Raven peeling away to reveal fur the shade of midnight, a faint glitter surrounding the creatures body. ">I am Oberon the Nightmare King, long a...<" The Zoroark began, but his words were cut short as a rock whizzed by his head.

"Your name is enough. I no longer care about your reasons, your actions have already condemned you" Raven snarled, gesturing with his head for Fable to step forward. As always this would break down into a battle, and it wasn't one he had any intention of losing.

User Image
Zoroark [M] -SHINY-
Oberon The Nightmare King, Lv ???
Nature:
Impish
Ability: Illusion [Nightmare Mode - True] - The Pokemon shall take on the form of whatever Pokemon they are facing, distorting their image and perception. -10 to opponents accuracy rolls, fades once hit.
Stats:
MOVES:
- Dark Pulse
- Snatch
- Spite
- Extrasensory
Item: Shard of the Night-Mirror - Allows the bearer to transcend their natural abilities within the dream world, pushing their Ability beyond it's limits [Dream World Only]. User becomes able to mimic their opponent perfectly, allowing them to Counter-Attack with exactly the same move their enemy is using. This item cannot be unequipped or stolen.

User Image
Starter Pokemon: Charmander [M]
Name & Level: Fable, Lv 8
[Temperament] Quiet
Bio: Raven first met Fable during his time living on the streets, finding the fire-tailed reptile in one of hundreds of alleys he'd been in. Battered, beaten, and bloodied, it was clear the Charmander had seen it's fair share of battles...and lost every single one. He bit Raven only five seconds after their initial encounter. Fable had lost all trust in humanity. Raven was never fully aware of the details, but the Charmander's former trainer had been abusive. He'd placed him in battles with impossible odds, expecting him to combat and defeat opponent after opponent with little to no rest...and when he lost, it was his trainer whom would personally add to the reptiles injuries. Finally tired of wasting his time on "some worthless newt" his trainer had abandoned him in the dirtiest alleyway he could find and just left him there. The boy hadn't even given him a name...at least not one he cared to repeat.

For days after that first encounter Raven returned to the alley, usually meeting with the same result; yet still he kept coming, sometimes he even brought food. It was generally scraps most likely out of the garbage, but it was food none the less. One day the Charmander finally asked why the child kept returning...not with words of course, but with his eyes. The curiosity at the boy's actions were clear in the reptiles gaze. Raven had said he saw a fire in Fables eyes that day when they first met, the desire to become truly powerful. More time passed after that, but the only thing which mattered after that point was the outcome. Even without a Pokeball the Charmander decided to follow the boy from that day forward, even earning the name Fable in the process. Raven would speak of spending the reward money on new clothes and a bath, but what was consistently leave out was the purchase of a single Pokeball. There was no need. Even without it, Fable would follow his trainer to the depths of hell and back.
Stats:
HP: 26/26, PP: 25, ATK: 15, DEF: 14, SPD: 15, SP-ATK: 18, SP-DEF: 15
MOVES:
- Fire Punch
- Growl
- Iron Tail
- Ember
Held Item: Coal
EXP: 494/700

Lunarsun

Jazzfox

--------

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
[50/50]

[]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:59 am
Jasmine watched, or at the least flicked an eye, watching the chain vanish... She tried to maintain her intense stare, but she couldn't help the confusion at watching the Other her seemingly back down...

There was that ominous silence that rolled awkwardly, her pokemon wouldn't move, not without her, they were waiting on her... And her... She in front of this creature... Even last time she hadn't managed to beat the nightmare, she didn't even understand it-

Wait! That was it!

"I'm not even a teenager. I don't have the skills to wax philosophical. And here's the thing... If you're Me? You're certainly far too smart for your own good!"

She reached back, out towards PKE and the Rotom suddenly zipped and zig zagged to her hand as she kept her eye focused ahead. "I don't get half of what you're saying and I don't even know what you're up to. But you know what?"

"All I do know is? You seriously tick me off... And? And? There's only room for one if us, and if I'm the only one of with a shred of emotion, then you won't mind me walking right over you!"

"I can worry about the small stuff later!" She called out, pulling the Rotom in hand back for a quick kiss to the forehead, earning a giggle from the childlike ghost and a staticy buzz to her lips before flinging him forward like a baseball to the field of battle! "Let's do this already!"

Well... With not much of any pride in her mental faculties, it seemed Jasmine had reverted to one basic ape instinct, if she couldn't fight her way out of an argument, she could fight her way out of a battle!

Rotom/PKE
Lvl: 5
Nature: Lax
HP:21/PP:26/ATK:11/DEF:15/SPD:15/SP-ATK:16/SP-DEF:12

Moves:
Thunder Wave, Trick, Astonish, Signal Beam  

Jazzfox
Vice Captain

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100

In the Garden of Monsters
Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:35 pm
The petite trainer would not rouse from her sleep, but jolt awake-- had she been properly sleeping, she would have no doubt catapulted up from her bed. Instead, she found herself standing, a rather ruffled-looking Growlithe at her side. Well, as much as she hated this random teleporting, Vanni couldn't help the surge of gratitude that rushed through her body. The knots in her stomach slowly untangled as she took slow, deep breathes. Culann could be grumpy, but all things considered, she was happy to get away from anything that shared the same evolutionary line as...

And then her eye caught the figure standing in front of her, and froze. It was Vanni, and it was not. Or rather, it was something Vanni had been, something she could have been, and the thing she feared she could be.

In theory, the girl was Vanni; same dimension, same height, same weight. But instead of the soft, pale small lady raised in the culture of Mossdeep and Lilycove, this girl had more than a hint of wildness to her, tanner and more toned. Her clothes were simple and ragged, a pair of pants and a shirt that didn't quite fit (and the last time she'd seen them they'd been filthy with gore she'd begged auntie to get rid of them why were they--). The girl's face could have been a twin for her own; perfectly symmetrical roundness, small nose, primarily unblemished-- but there were mistakes, deliberate brush strokes of wrongness. Her eyes were green, but a strange glassy pink marred the color, cutting a jagged path. Hair was the same; dark brown, but tainted with a strange streak of bright green.

And then there was blood. Kyorogue and Groudon, the blood. Blood was everywhere on the girl; the soles her her feet with a dark faded brown, her hands still dripping crimson, her clothes stained with-- and the smell. Vanni stumbled back, hand covering her face. Why hadn't Vanni noticed the smell before? The girl positively reeked of blood and sea salt; it hung over her like a mantle, like a war badge.

As if pleased by the affect she had on her doppelgänger, the girl's face split nearly in two with a huge grin, and she began to laugh. It started as a low giggle, tellingly childish, but grew. And grew. Higher and higher in pitch, until it could have broken glass, it became a maddened, shrieking crow of something neither Pokemon or human, but something monstrous in between. It was a sound that Culann wouldn't have recognized, but Vanni couldn't forget the sound her mother had made the day that woman had gone insane, taken her Gardevoir and killed her family. Had used those psychic powers to break open Vanni's mind, tear her to pieces, and--

Vanni's legs trembled as she took a step back, fingers tightening around her cane instinctively. Dimly, she could hear screaming, and she wasn't quite sure where it was coming from. There was nothing she could focus on but the numbness of her body and the very real fear that gripped her heart with icy fingers. "Not real, you're not real, you're not real, you're not real, this isn't-- I can't--"

[28/50]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Grey Moonfang IV rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:38 am
"Tch" A simple annoyed cluck of the tongue would come from Jasmine's double, her arms briefly crossing "Kits these days, too stupid for their own good" She muttered, her form beginning to ripple and fall away ">I guess I'll just have to break every bone you haven't already<" A declaration this time, and one in a distinctly male tone of voice. Like mist blown clear by the wind the form of the creature before her would drift away, leaving in it's place the stark image of a Zoroark.

">Now...learn the true meaning of DESPAIR!<" The Dark-Type barked, reaching into his thick purple mane and pulling free what looked like a black shard of glass. Claws grasping the end the Pokemon would swing his arm, but it would not be towards Jasmine. Instead the glass would pierce his own flesh, thrusting straight into his heart....but he would not die. A substance similar to tar would flow from the wound, sizzling as it struck the ground. Power began to radiate from the beast's body, a horrible bone chilling power...shadows wrapped around the Zoroark's body like a cloak, and his form grew in size. The average height of the species was 5'03...and now, this one was at least 7'0.

">I am Oberon...<" The beast began, his breath producing a shadowy steam ">...and today little human the dream ends, and the nightmare reigns!<" No further warning would be given. The Zoroark's claws would tighten into fists, and as he released a truly monstrous howl the shadows would ripple and cascade forward like when a stone is dropped into a pond. Dark Pulse. This Pokemon wasn't about to start playing nice!

User Image
Zoroark [M] -SHINY-
Oberon The Nightmare King, Lv 7
Nature:
Impish
Ability: Illusion [Nightmare Mode - True] - The Pokemon shall take on the form of whatever Pokemon they are facing, distorting their image and perception. -10 to opponents accuracy rolls when attacking, fades once hit.
Stats:
HP:27/PP:30/ATK:21/DEF:16/SPD:21/SP-ATK:20/SP-DEF:15
MOVES:
- Dark Pulse
- Snatch
- Spite
- Extrasensory

Jazzfox

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Jazzfox rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Jazzfox
Vice Captain

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:08 am
The greatest sigh of relief was Jasmine's inside her own head as a headstrong, stupid gamble paid off in watching the Other her vanish. But the relief was short lived as the form resolidified into this nightmarish beast before her.

Her pokédex tried to kick in with vital statistics, but the numbers wouldn't stabilise, it were as if the thing was exuding his own air of darkness, bending the world around it...

For all her bravado she'd given, it was hard to maintain it in the face of this Oberon, but Jasmine would hold herself where she stood, even if her body would tremble, even if her hold on the crutch was weak, it didn't matter.

Instead she focused ahead. Bravery wasn't the absence of fear, bravery was when you knew the danger, and still found the strength to act...

And as Oberon unleashed his Dark Pulse, it was clear that PKE was outmatched from the outset!

"PKE! Back to me!!" She would holler.

The ghost would look back and forth as the world was rent in dark ripples, the world reaching out toward him in that Dark Pulse... And head switching back and froth between the fight and the girl, the little Rotom about turned and zipped back to Jasmine!

He left electric crackles in his wake, but it was clear the ripple was catching up, he wouldn't make it, not at this rate!

That was when Jasmine moved, dropping her crutch, she threw herself forward with what strength she had, shielding herself over the Rotom, she wasn't looking for the dodge, she was going to take the hit for PKE herself!

Jasmine clenched her eye tight shut as her other pokemon would shout out, but be too slow in further response as she just hoped that she wasn't about to prove the Zoroark's claim true a out how many bones he would break!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:24 pm
((Seeing as this is a Nightmare, I hope you don't mind me having a little fun with this deary.))

The other Vanni's grin seemed to split wider, the pink in her eyes seeming to twinkle "Dear me, and here I thought we taught you better then that" The doppelgänger said...but not in Vanni's voice, nor that of the Nightmare. It sounded like "Didn't mother always tell you to look at someone when you talk to them?" She said with both sweetness and hysteria...and it would likely be about then it would click. Why precisely this voice was familiar. It was her mother's.

As if entirely ignorant of her present appearance the girl would step forward, a trail of half bloody footprints being left behind her "Don't think it's a lie. Don't say it's a dream..." She said, tilting her head with her smile and lifting a single blood soaked finger to tap Vanni on the forehead "I'm right in here. Deeper then her, just bidding my time" Her gestures were those of the simplest matters, but her tone was clearly that of someone far more then a little tilted in the head. "Come now, give mother a smile" She said, forcefully taking Vanni's chin in one hand, then using the thumb of the other to smear blood and gore across her face in a clownish grin.

Nightmare or reality, someone here was clearly out of their mind, and they were quite good at it...

User Image
Zoroark [M] -SHINY-
Oberon The Nightmare King, Lv ???
Nature:
Impish
Ability: Illusion [Nightmare Mode - True] - The Pokemon shall take on the form of whatever Pokemon they are facing, distorting their image and perception. -10 to opponents accuracy rolls, fades once hit.
Stats:
MOVES:
- Dark Pulse
- Snatch
- Spite
- Extrasensory

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Grey Moonfang IV rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Grey Moonfang IV
Vice Captain

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 pm
The rarest, faintest scrap of luck would belong to Jasmine at that particular moment, the waves of darkness lapping over her body...and doing nothing. Although the strength of the attack was tremendous, the effective range was only so far, and for the moment they sat at it's very edges.

After several moments the pulse would fade, but the black aura which surrounded the Zoroark would not. Once more his form would shift, a smirk playing upon his maw ">The flower reflected in the mirror...the moon in the water...<" He muttered as the shape of a Zoroark disappeared from their eyes, and once more this day Jasmine would find herself face to face with a perfect likeness of PKE....perfect except for the fact the Rotom was at least three times it's usual size! An illusion, obviously an illusion, but that would certainly make this a troublesome opponent to actually hit!

User Image
Zoroark [M] -SHINY-
Oberon The Nightmare King, Lv 7
Nature:
Impish
Ability: Illusion [Nightmare Mode - True] - The Pokemon shall take on the form of whatever Pokemon they are facing, distorting their image and perception. -10 to opponents accuracy rolls when attacking, fades once hit.
Stats:
HP:27/PP:30/ATK:21/DEF:16/SPD:21/SP-ATK:20/SP-DEF:15
MOVES:
- Dark Pulse
- Snatch
- Spite
- Extrasensory

Jazzfox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:15 pm
Jasmine would only look up slowly as the pulses waves would ebb and fade, only daring exhale after she was sure that she had survived somehow, PKE looking up as well... and it seemed they picked just the right moment for Oberon's show.

Out came the tricks as his body twisted and formed, the Rotom blinked away at the larger imitation, whilst Jasmine set her jaw, they'd both seen this trick pulled before as well.... But she had a feeling it was a bigger sting in the tail to come...

"PKE?" She said, slowly and deliberately, waiting until the Rotom turned back to her. "You've already dealt with this one before... just hold off for now, okay?"

She didn't give the Rotom much of a chance to argue to be fair before she'd recall the ghost, and still where she was on the ground, she spoke without looking back. "Ironclaw?"

A sharpened set of talons clacked into view, as the Skarmory sidled alongside the girl, eyes forward on the strange illusory Zoroark. [You called?]

Name & Level: Ironclaw, Lvl 5
Temperament: Hardy
Stats: Hp: 23 Pp: 19 Att: 14 Def: 20 Spd: 13 Sp Att: 10 Sp def: 13
Moves: Leer, Peck, Stealth Rock, Roost
Exp: 179/400
Item: Pink Goggles  

Jazzfox
Vice Captain

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100

In the Garden of Monsters
Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:05 pm
The sound of her mother's voice proper was more than enough to send Vanni spiraling over the edge. The screaming only she could hear grew even louder, clearly terrifying and begging for sanctuary, but she couldn't bring herself to move. Was this reflection really her mother? Some sort of that woman's soul, wandering around the world of dreams, wearing her only living child's skin? The girl's already fragmented brain seemed to snap further as she gave a childish whimper.

She found herself standing stock still as the thing cradled her heand in it's hands. The scent grew almost... nostalgic. It was warm and humid, like a blanket, like Pacifidlog Town on a summer night. When had the last time any guardian of her been close enough to touch? Auntie and uncle treated her like a glass doll, afraid she'd break with prolonged contact. Despite the roughness, the contact was almost pleasant. Jagged memories of her mother forcing her head up so that the Gardevoir could get a break grip flashed by, but soudns and noises were disjointed. Would it really be so bad to give in? If all that insanity was simply biding it's time, why shouldn't she give in? Sanity left her weak and delicate, made fettered to morals she never wanted. She was pathetic now. And hadn't she always had her mother's eyes? Her breathing was sharp and erratic. Something cold and poisonous bubbled up in her throat-- laughter or bile, she couldn't tell. Tears dripping down her cheeks, she felt the corners of her lips begin to twitch up.

CHOMP.

One would have been forgiven for forgetting Culann had be on the scene. Since the other version of Vanni appeared, the Growlithe had found himself hanging back, watching the supernatural scene with growing trepidition. He knew well enough of his trainer's oddities-- the Nidoran had briefed him on some of her more problematic habits-- but he'd never seen her quite like this. Certainly, the child was weak, but not... vulnerable. And even in her maddest moments, there was the hint of steely control. Here, she seemed prone to break at any second under the care of this... whatever the hell it was. (Her mother? Did human mother's look so young? And he was almost positive humans weren't supposed to look so identical.) The firedog felt his hackles rising; how dare this thing accost his poor girl? And wasn't a Pokemon's job to protect his trainer?

Which is while he'd suddenly lunged forward and bit down on Vanni's leg-- hard enough to break the skin under her bandage. Let it be said that Culann was not the best planner in the world. Perhaps he'd been hoping to shock her out of it? Still, he stood firmly at Vanni's side, onyx eyes furiously glaring up at the other. "Back off!" he barked. "If you are her dam, stop frightening her. If you aren't, leave."

A bit of blood seeped through Vanni's pretty white bandage, but it didn't hurt. She felt... empty, there was no better word for it. Her emotions had stopped cold for the time being. The screaming had cut off rather abruptly, leaving nothing behind to cloud her mind. Whether it was Culann's quick bite, or his voice, or something else left floating in her mind, she wasn't sure, but she didn't feel as under that tempting spell of blood and sea water. Which meant she needed to start reacting for once in her life. Vanni didn't move from her position, face to face with her mirror image. With an utterly blank expression, she reached into her pocket until to found the small square of white cloth. She lightly dabbed at her face, attempting to clean up the majority of the blood from her cheeks. When she spoke again, it was in a distinctly controlled tone. "That was fun. Now, who are you, really?" she said. "You're a bit too maternal to be my mother. And if you're another voice in my head, I'm afraid you're going to have to start paying rent."

[29/50]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sanctuary

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff