Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:36 pm
DraconicFeline

grasshopper pie

Stop being whiners and take what you're given... just kidding! Sorry, I couldn't resist when you're already trying to justify your question before I even see it haha

We know that it's solo heavy right now (and have been talking about this since we thought up the new system) and we're working to lighten the load a little with more RPs.

It's just still in the works since there are some differing opinions between staff. I'm hoping that we'll have an answer for that in the next couple of days (though it could take longer while we weight the pros and cons of each option) but we do generally want to make it more RP oriented since the quest is now mainly a solo.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:38 pm
Oh gosh, don't do that! I got that little panicky strike of hot-cold. xD

Good to know! Thanks as always, you guys are awesome. <3

bobaTJ

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:51 pm
Pidgeons Go Meow X3

I made sure to check before we made the change whether it would greatly effect Rastian, since you had mentioned you were almost done with his reqs. We're planning on changing the requirements for stages really soon, so personally I wouldn't wait too long before posting him up or you'll end up being a little farther behind (not much but a little), but the changes posted today do not effect Rastian. He's a stage 2 so he's allowed to have 2 RPs within the same owner, and enough of his solos are over 300 words each to count for the word total, so you're fine.

As long as you get the items required to ensure the changes you asked for, you'll be fine.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:00 pm
Pidgeons Go Meow X3
Suhuba

Thank you, that makes me feel better about this. I apologize if I sound rude or act like that, I think I need to adjust my medicines. I'm really off keeter.

Also, is there anything I need to change about Yaholo's requirements? I think I have enough rps to cover

Right now, Yaholo has one too many within the same owner. He's only allowed 2, unless the extra one reaches 20 posts each person. If you have one owner RPs that reach 20 posts each person, then it can also be counted as a requirement point.  

Suhuba
Captain

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:31 pm
Pidgeons Go Meow X3

I have rps with others, I think I can cover it, but I'm not looking to grow him soon. It was just for clarification.

Oh, speaking of that. Say if I were to have Yaholo, a character who has maxed the limit of self rps, and another character that hasn't, would I still need the 20 posts for it to count for the character without the maximum?

Yes you would. It would have to be 20 per character, but the one without the max reached would either be able to count it as a 2 point RP, or (if they only have one RP left within the same owner) you can count it as 1 RP point (like you were maxed out) and have another 10 post RP left that you can have within the same owner.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:04 pm
Suhuba

So I had a suggestion.

Between meta events things get very quiet in Tendaji, and it falls to a lot of users to rp and solo to pass the time.

I thought it would be interesting, and another chance to gain EXP or items, if we could introduce Quests or something.

For instance, what are the Oban troops up to? Maybe for a certain amount of time, people can get exp for rping Oba characters meeting with non-Oban characters, or writing solos about a fight with one, etc.

Just give some sort of reward and direction to topics for characters or races that either have something to do with the previous meta (without fully moving the story or anything), and give interesting prompts to users.

It could range from stealing supplies from Oban troops, to hunting to help a family, things that would normally be prompts for Character quests but are, instead, ungraded and simply a simple prompt for users to go crazy and have fun with.

Maybe prompts to help promote users to interact that haven't before!

To that end, it would be nifty to introduce some new stuff we could offer for exp, beyond character customization. Maybe hunting mini games, gathering mini games, designs for houses/homes to upgrade, stuff like that? I know that Tendaji is 'war-based' but between meta posts it also turns into social/tribe living, so mini game items and rewards would be interesting. I don't mind being responsible for these prompts and rewards, if it being a bother for the Managers is the concern. Just something to bring people into the shop beyond growing a character.  

scarlett arbuckle
Crew

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:45 pm
Scarlett Arbuckle
Suhuba

So I had a suggestion.

Between meta events things get very quiet in Tendaji, and it falls to a lot of users to rp and solo to pass the time.

I thought it would be interesting, and another chance to gain EXP or items, if we could introduce Quests or something.

For instance, what are the Oban troops up to? Maybe for a certain amount of time, people can get exp for rping Oba characters meeting with non-Oban characters, or writing solos about a fight with one, etc.

Just give some sort of reward and direction to topics for characters or races that either have something to do with the previous meta (without fully moving the story or anything), and give interesting prompts to users.

It could range from stealing supplies from Oban troops, to hunting to help a family, things that would normally be prompts for Character quests but are, instead, ungraded and simply a simple prompt for users to go crazy and have fun with.

Maybe prompts to help promote users to interact that haven't before!

To that end, it would be nifty to introduce some new stuff we could offer for exp, beyond character customization. Maybe hunting mini games, gathering mini games, designs for houses/homes to upgrade, stuff like that? I know that Tendaji is 'war-based' but between meta posts it also turns into social/tribe living, so mini game items and rewards would be interesting. I don't mind being responsible for these prompts and rewards, if it being a bother for the Managers is the concern. Just something to bring people into the shop beyond growing a character.

We definitely have plans for expansion of things to do in Tendaji in the works, but nothing that is ready to be released yet. We don't want the shop to get too crowded with too many different things going on, but we are working on it, if not rather slowly now that Kan (me ;D ) is on hiatus for a while.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:27 pm
I have suggestions pertaining to Class Quests.

Class Quests still seem to be sending a lot of bad vibes to both people inside the shop and outside the shop.

Suggestion 1: I would like to propose an option where we, as players, come up with our own ideas and send them in for approval at the time of growth, and then do our own solo or rp based on that.

Reasons to consider this change:

1. A lot of people aren't always happy with their quests and the grading system is a turn off.
2. It would still revolve around the player themselves, except the "prompt" is made up by them, not by the staff.
3. It could, potentially, eliminate headaches over making individual quests.
4. It would be far more personal and individualized, and might even make people more comfortable about growing their characters.
5. It's optional, and it still requires approval from staff.

Suggestion two: Rewarding some people with shop or super special items after the quest makes players who don't get items feel that they don't write well enough or are lesser than those who have been given items. This sends a vibe of inadequacy that should NOT be there. I propose we abolish the giving of items and put emphasis on the growth itself, which is the actual "reward."

Reasons to consider this change:

1. Not everyone can write an amazing response or know exactly what the staff is looking for. Rewarding one person with an item and not another when they've essentially accomplished the same exact task makes people feel awkward.
2. The growth itself should be the only reward. A class quest is there to test the character, not the player's ability to respond to a given prompt. It's a bit much.
3. While you might have gotten rid of the letter based grading system, granting items to some players still makes them feel lesser or better than the others. This is not something a healthy shop should have or want for their community.

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:11 am
Pidgeons Go Meow X3

Hello Pidge, and thank you so much for these suggestions!!

The first suggestion is a wonderful idea - we've had such suggestions in the past, and as of August 12 starting with Scarlett Arbuckle's Class Quest we added a spot to each Class Quest form. Here is a copy as it appears on the forms.

Suhuba
Preferred Quest Prompt: [If you have a preferred subject/topic or plot point you'd like used in this quest, please let us know! We may not be able to use it, but it gives us some ideas as to your Quest Prompt. Can be one suggestion or multiple suggestions.]

If this doesn't feel like enough of a change, please respond here and we'll be sure to edit the description, or make changes as our users need!

We definitely don't want to send the wrong message, and we appreciate the wonderful ideas of our users!

As for your second suggestion, I'll bring this up to the rest of staff and talk about it. We initially introduced this as a chance for users to obtain Fairground items, since these items are unavailable under normal circumstances.

But you're right and we definitely do not want to make anyone feel badly. Thank you for pointing this out, staff will definitely look into fixing these issues!

-Tendaji Staff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:25 am
Suhuba

I didn't notice that change upon the form! That's a wonderful addition, thank you! Did you guys announce that, though? Guild announcements have been wonky for me these past two months. |3

However, I would like to make one other suggestion, or rather, an additive. I still think having the ability to message a staff member or the mule about a personal class quest before the posting of the growth form would be something good to have. Someone may have an idea that they're really attached to and having it be their class quest would be an excellent way to present it, or it may be something they're unsure if they can suggest without staff permission, but still think it would be a great quest idea for their character. Could a line of communication like this be established?

And thank you very much for considering the other suggestion. It's been something that has not only bothered me, but a few others, and I don't think it has a place. You shouldn't have to feel pressure when responding to the prompt, maybe anxiety for your character and how they'll change because of this prompt, but never pressure about how well the staff will grade you or what sort of reward you'll receive afterward, if any. So, thank you. <3

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:41 am
Pidgeons Go Meow X3

It actually wasn't announced, but pending the results of staff talking about the Class Quest items we'll make an announcement regarding that and other recent changes.

I'll also add to that form, in the Class Quest, that a PM can be sent as well with questions regarding plots.

Thanks again, and thank you for your patience regarding recent Tendaji changes!

◈ OOC

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff