Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kaname423
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:04 am
Comments and Suggestions

We want to be able to make everybody here at Tendaji happy and excited to be here.

We also know that we don't always think of everything and that sometimes we might even make mistakes. This is where we want to hear them.

If you have a comment or suggestion - anything from being unhappy, being happy, wanting change, etc. - post it here. We'd love to hear it and while we might not be able to change and fix everything, we can at least try to make things even better here at Tendaji.

Don't hesitate to speak your mind, we promise our feelings won't be hurt :]

If you have a more personal comment to make, feel free to PM kaname423 directly. heart

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:55 am
I was talking to someone about the spell system, and I saw an issue.

As it is, I could have Nuawahn, when he grows, just take every spell out there.

This is unrealistic at his second stage.

I think that the magic classes should have a limit on the number of spells they can know by stage, making me really think about whether I should buy that defensive spell or not instead of an offensive spell, or whether I should get Haste or Shield.

I also think that nonmagic classes should have something at least analogous to spells so that its not just about hitting and dodging, or maybe be allowed to have either an ability (like +s to charging) or a first level spell.

Something that, like spells, is useable X times in battle and does something.

Just a thought. Don't hate me for it.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

kaname423
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:03 pm
DraconicFeline

I think that the magic classes should have a limit on the number of spells they can know by stage, making me really think about whether I should buy that defensive spell or not instead of an offensive spell, or whether I should get Haste or Shield.

I also think that nonmagic classes should have something at least analogous to spells so that its not just about hitting and dodging, or maybe be allowed to have either an ability (like +s to charging) or a first level spell.

Already ahead of you on that. Part of working over the battle system is to give physical classes something special to do besides attack and to make spells something to think about, though whether we enhance limitations or not on the spells have yet to be discussed.

As it is, offensive magic classes can only purchase up to lvl 2 defensive spells, and defensive classes can only purchase lvl 2 offensive spells. We are also going to enforce that you have to stack spells (like you must have a lvl 1 fire to buy a lvl 2 fire). But limiting the number of spells you can purchase is an interesting thought and will be considered. :]  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:15 pm
I've looked through the shop a couple times and noticed that there are a lot of items/weapons for those choosing battling classes or spells. However, there isn't any items for classes like Weaponmakers (Artisan class), Artisans, Gypsy's, ect.

So I was wondering if those classes do not get items and things from the shop(?) or do they just not need them? Or is it that there hasn't been a demand for things for those classes yet thus they haven't been made? c:

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:31 pm
kaname423
DraconicFeline

Already ahead of you on that. Part of working over the battle system is to give physical classes something special to do besides attack and to make spells something to think about, though whether we enhance limitations or not on the spells have yet to be discussed.

As it is, offensive magic classes can only purchase up to lvl 2 defensive spells, and defensive classes can only purchase lvl 2 offensive spells. We are also going to enforce that you have to stack spells (like you must have a lvl 1 fire to buy a lvl 2 fire). But limiting the number of spells you can purchase is an interesting thought and will be considered. :]

Thank you :3

~Kiana_Nala~

And I think that they can have knives but they don't need to buy it  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:00 pm
DraconicFeline
kaname423
DraconicFeline

~Kiana_Nala~

I was meaning more than knives. XD Like other carving tools or for instance with gypsys bells, fabrics, ect. c:  

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

kaname423
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:29 pm
~Kiana_Nala~
DraconicFeline
kaname423
DraconicFeline

~Kiana_Nala~

I was meaning more than knives. XD Like other carving tools or for instance with gypsys bells, fabrics, ect. c:

Those things if they were in the shop would only be for show, so we don't want to make you spend gold on things that don't add to anything except their profile. Items like cloak, fetish, and barette are along the same lines in the sense that they add to the art but if you really want them, you can enter them into more item contests (which we will be doing really soon)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:05 am
After trying two of the beast battles... I think you may need to nerf the exp they give.
3 bunnies just apparently gave Lash 90 exp. Thats... kinda a lot.
If you come up with an equation that gives me less than that, I'll gladly take it and edit it. Getting so much at once from a small animal fight when larger PVP fights only grant a little bit...? It doesnt seem right...

Otherwise, I do like the system itself. Its intuitive, like Magesc's system, and self propelled...

But I do think that it needs some tuning.

edit: I'm willing to delete both of them if you want.
Edit: sorry to bother you with this comment/suggestion... I just don't feel comfortable with that kind of EXP glut sad  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:23 pm
DraconicFeline
After trying two of the beast battles... I think you may need to nerf the exp they give.
3 bunnies just apparently gave Lash 90 exp. Thats... kinda a lot.
If you come up with an equation that gives me less than that, I'll gladly take it and edit it. Getting so much at once from a small animal fight when larger PVP fights only grant a little bit...? It doesnt seem right...

Otherwise, I do like the system itself. Its intuitive, like Magesc's system, and self propelled...

But I do think that it needs some tuning.

edit: I'm willing to delete both of them if you want.
Edit: sorry to bother you with this comment/suggestion... I just don't feel comfortable with that kind of EXP glut sad

As a side note: the parak's description needs adjusting, because it's more of an arctic fox. But it's small enough that it needs to bounce in the snow to maneuver. //end ridiculously pointless comment

But thanks for pointing it out. We will tweak the EXP to give a more fitting amount per animal. Give us a couple of days to come up with new amounts. (the difficulties were decided before we tinkered with how to distribute exp so I never checked each animal)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:29 pm
It just felt a lot like the thing I accidentally did in Magesc where Sulu suddenly gained 40 levels on weasel things. I didn't feel right about it there either.

I'll wait on completing Lash's beast battles until you manage the tweaking of the exp.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

kaname423
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:57 am
DraconicFeline
It just felt a lot like the thing I accidentally did in Magesc where Sulu suddenly gained 40 levels on weasel things. I didn't feel right about it there either.

I'll wait on completing Lash's beast battles until you manage the tweaking of the exp.

Alright. They've been fixed, and beast battles are ready to go. (if you think you're still getting too much, keep in mind that I've upped the pvp battle exp amounts)

edit - And make sure you look at the rolling numbers again because I've tweaked them just a teeny bit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:09 pm
With the new growth quest involved, could we have a RP to solo conversion fro the requirements? Like, if you're finding it difficult to write solos, you could do X amount of PRPs to make up for the lack? Sort of like how 2 beast battles = 1 regular battle?  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:13 pm

I was just going to mention something like that myself. There are a whole lot of solos required for growth, and then to grow you have to... do another. I like prompt-based quests as much as the next guy, but I much prefer interaction to forced solos. I write solos when they're necessary, of course (Bhima and Nyiim both would have had 2 anyway) but the requirements really make me drag my feet. If it was even like a 3PRP=1SOLO exchange rate I would be the very happiest of campers. xD;

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:16 pm
I dont think we're saying that solos could substitute for RP: interaction is necessary for character and tendaji's reqs are low. We're just asking if we could do more interpersonal rps to substitute for solos if we wish.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Right. There's definitely necessary solos too. Bhima wouldn't have had a reason for her journey in her next stage if I hadn't done her latest solo. Nyiim wouldn't have a working relationship with an archer. My concern is only RP to solo, not solo to RP.

◈ OOC

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff