Submit

Girl Power?
  <3
View Results

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:36 pm
        The Female Inspiration Movement~

"Everyone has a story to tell, a lesson to teach, and wisdom to share. Life is a beautiful masterpiece bound together by your experiences.
        Open up and share your story; become an inspiration to others. You can make a difference because you matter.
        You were created with purpose. Live your life with intention, go out there and make a difference by being the difference."
        - Melanie Moushigian Koulouris

~✿~

What is The Female Inspiration Movement and why was it created?

The Female Inspiration Movement is a place for every woman in this guild to encourage, inspire and give hope to one another.
        Therefore, we accept any stories of hardship and determination or even the happy and cheerful. Just be sure to obey the guild rules.
        No one should be judged in this thread. We all have our demons in life and some are worse than others. So all we ask is that everyone
        accepting of one another, because I know it is hard enough to talk about what you're going through without being judged.

This thread was created after I realised that many of the women in this guild have wonderful stories of faith and optimism to be told.
        In addition, as I listened to each of them, I began to realise that we all need a place to go to when our own purpose in life needs reassuring.
        A lot of you have made us cry and laugh and I believe that should be shared with everyone here, so we all have something to hold onto.
        So please come and share your stories whilst knowing that somewhere-somehow you have given hope and meaning to someone's life.

~✿~

What can we share here?

You may share the following below in this thread:

Your stories to inspire and encourage one another in life.
        Something that you have seen, read or heard that has motivated you.
        Someone who has inspired you in your life and how they did/why they have.

~✿~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:17 pm
Chetot_Ako

Hi Faith~ This is the thread I was telling you about. I finally got it up, so if you want to, you can still share your beautiful story. <33

Clasela
Crew

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:05 pm
        I guess I will face the situation and share my story first to make everyone feel comfortable about sharing their own. I used to be and still am an insecure person who is high-maintenance and suffers from anxiety. It all started when a girl who knew I was too shy to stick up for myself bullied me in high school. I lost a good friend and had to face horrible rumours that were not true. It was at that point that I tried to take my own life. One of my close friends saw what I was going through and told me I should go and see the school counsellor, so I did. I found it so difficult to open up to someone because I have always lived by the rule: 'if you haven’t got something nice to say, don't say it at all' and I had many nasty things to say about how I was feeling.

Once I finished counselling, I felt somewhat better about the whole situation, but my confidence still wavered. It was a huge relief when I graduated from high school and started to date the same man I am with now. I began to regain my confidence and pursued different jobs and hobbies to find out who I was as a person. I had completely lost myself in high school and had forgotten what it was like to be happy, so that year was probably the best of my life so far.

I found some good personality traits within myself, and I found the bad. One of the worst times in high school was when one of my teachers called me 'plain'. I became obsessed with looking my absolute finest and making sure that my surroundings were at their best. I became fussy, getting frustrated with people when they did not clean their mess up and I had to. Unfortunately, I have not beaten those habits and I still cannot leave the house without knowing what I have to do, making sure that I look the best I can and have everything that I need.

The bad accelerated the night that my mother came over and told me that my father has cancer. This was the start of my anxiety and the build up of years of pressure that I compressed. Then I lost the job I had – pressure. I decided to become my father’s carer – more pressure and BANG! I started to lose sleep, my appetite; got horrible chest pains that made me scream and my blood pressure (too high for my age and my health status) changed rapidly over a period of ten minutes. I visited my doctor who diagnosed me with anxiety as well as a dodgy nervous system and prescribed anti-anxiety tablets in hope that they would lower my blood pressure and help me cope better.

I started to enjoy my life a lot more and I felt a lot better about everything. It is so hard to pick your life back up when you have always been told you will amount to nothing and you are worthless, but things do get better after the bullying cycle ends. I find myself crying when I read that bullied teenagers have committed suicide because I am proof that things do get better. I am studying something I love in order to follow my dreams, I am in love and building a future with that person and people that care about me surround me. Yes, there are scars all over my body from times when I've been so upset that I've scratched and scratched at myself because I felt so numb. Yes, it has taken me years to get over the bullying I faced and to rebuild myself. Yes, somedays I do still get depressed and shut myself off from the world because I do believe it is unfair. However, the hardships that I am facing are a phase – a hard phase – of life and although I struggle every day, I always keep in mind that we have such a lovely life compared to those in poverty and that our problems, no matter how heartbreaking they are, are nothing compared to others out there.

We all have insecurities and deal with hardships, but all in all, you have to keep an optimistic mind that in the long run, you will find happiness and things will get better even if they seem like they won’t. I know my story may seem minute compared to some of you, but I do believe that every piece of triumph counts and that is the point of this thread, to share and give hope to one another! <3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:58 pm
        I feel so exposed... sweatdrop

Clasela
Crew

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:05 pm
Clasela

i'll put up my story too; however, i will do it later on c:  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:06 pm
tanqela

Yay! We can be exposed together! <3 Take your time~

Clasela
Crew

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:46 am

This is such a lovely inspirational thread. <3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:32 pm
o0Roxy0o

Thank you Roxy~ I just wish more girls would share their stories...

Clasela
Crew

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:54 pm
I have a bit of a story if your interested to hear. heart
At 16, I had my first serious boyfriend. I took birth control, and was very careful. However I got into a car accident and ended up on antibiotics. My mother answered my health questions and no one ever told me that they could possibly mess with my birth controls effectiveness...
Long story short, I ended up pregnant at 17, my senior year of high school, with a boy who, while I loved a lot, was too immature to handle that responsibility.
At about 4 months pregnant, I went in for a regular ultrasound, and found out I was dilated and contracting. They rushed me over to the Labor and Delivery unit. I was very lucky my OB/GYN was right across the sky bridge from the hospital.
They gave me a 40% chance of survival, and even with, very severe mental and health issues. They gave me the option to abort the pregnancy.
I decided he deserved a chance, if nothing else. I stayed at the hospital for 3 months, on bed rest. I was allowed 30 minutes of up time a day, including bathroom breaks and shower. I had a timer next to my bed at all times.
I had the most amazing OB/GYN.
She came over on her breaks to just sit with me. She took me to the NICU every week or so, to show me babies that were about where my son was size wise. She knew I was scared out of my mind, and took the time to help me, and teach me things so I felt more confident, with babies of every size. Even the 1lb ones I might well have ended up with.
I had an amazing support network.
I ended up having my son 6 days before his due date. He was 6lbs 9oz, and 19 inches long. He was perfect in every way. And now he is 6, in kindergarten, and the light of my life.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:58 pm
Clasela

You are very strong. : ) Its hard to open up like that to people. I am proud of you! Bullying is a terrible thing. One that I sadly know all to well myself. It is great of you to dust yourself off and try again.

EDIT:
Your story reminded me of a quote I had to google to find. : )
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.”
― Mary Anne Radmacher

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:08 pm
A Song Is Born

So are you! You're story made me cry.. I'm so happy everything turned out well for you and your son. I'm glad that you shared it with us~ I think it will inspire a lot of girls who are in the same position. I'm so proud of you too! <33
        EDIT: Thank you. And it is true, it was that little voice that's gotten me here and keeps pushing me to follow my dreams and prove that I have a purpose.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:20 pm
Clasela

So are you! You're story made me cry.. I'm so happy everything turned out well for you and your son. I'm glad that you shared it with us~ I think it will inspire a lot of girls who are in the same position. I'm so proud of you too! <33
        EDIT: Thank you. And it is true, it was that little voice that's gotten me here and keeps pushing me to follow my dreams and prove that I have a purpose.

I have dealt with just about everything, as far as I can tell sweatdrop
My childhood was... interesting. My parents were drug addicts. I was exposed to... too much, and the wrong people. Because of what I saw, and what happened to me, as a child, I swore to myself, that I would not turn into that. To this day, I have not drank, smoked, or tried any drug. Now I have my son to reinforce that this is something I need to keep up with, because I want better for myself.
Even when my parents got clean, my mother had cancer. I feel a lot of empathy with your father having cancer. I know how scary that is.
And the bullying. That one only showed up once I was pregnant. People are not always as... open minded as you might hope in this day and age.
Now I am a single mother. I work too much and sleep too little.
But I am happy.
And when I am tired and sad, I know I will survive. I have survived much worse. I am as tough as I make myself be.

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:40 pm
A Song Is Born

And yet you've remained strong enough to overcome those vile temptations. You have a lot of inner strength. It's horrible, but it has made the bond between my mother and I closer as we watch him fade away. The treatment's working, but he is depressed and wants to give up.
        No, they aren't. A friend of mine had her son when she was 17. Whilst I do have old-fashioned values, I am open-minded enough to know that life is unpredictable and you have to take it as it comes and accept what comes your way.
        And that is why you are an inspiration. Strength is in our minds, not our muscles and as long as we believe, we can achieve and survive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:55 am
I suppose my story is in order, then? Well, then, where should I begin?
Ever since I was young - and I'm talking early elementary aged - I've been very shy. Because I was shy, the children of my elementary school thought I was weird. I was frequently left out during recess, and other games, so much so that I automatically sat out of each activity. Now, no one teased me per say, until about the 4th grade, when I began getting a bit more... portly. No one talked to me. I was the quiet fat girl. After the 4th grade, my family moved from the Houston area to the Dallas area.

5th grade was basically the same. On into middle school, it got worse. The problem now was, as puberty set it, I REALLY began to get tall. I was now not only shy and chubby, I was very tall. And I was the awkward kind of "trip over your own feet" tall. I began hearing names like "Chewbacca" and "Sasquatch" and "Bigfoot". I became VERY self-conscience. My advanced from being shy, to flat out anti-social. I didn't want friends. I didn't want to try anything new. I just wanted to sit in my bubble by myself. I was afraid if I did anything to draw attention to myself, I'd end up getting hurt.

In High School, it didn't get any better. Because of my size, I was an instant target for bullies, and because I was used to small schools, the enormous High School I was introduced to had me in a bit of shock. I was almost always under a cloud of anxiety at school. My mother saw my discomfort, and decided to move schools. I was put in a much smaller school, that was absolutely wonderful. Everyone was kind and understanding. The teachers genuinely wanted to help. Very soon, however, that changed. A new student enrolled, and quickly formed a following among the "bullies" of this school. He was, easily, the meanest person I've ever met. He relentlessly teased anyone with even a single flaw. He even stooped as low as to tease the special needs students. Because of his constant verbal harassment, my grade quickly turned against me. No one wanted to speak out against him, for fear of being alienated, or so I'd like to believe. Coming up to last year, I dropped out of High School, to escape the constant fear I felt each morning. It was the same every day. I didn't participate in anything, because I didn't want to get laughed at.

But, even through it all, I wouldn't have changed a single thing. Being who I am has made me strong, it's made me humble, and wise. I traveled a longer path to realize who I was than most teens, but in the long run - no pun intended - because I fought so hard all those years, I hold more firmly to my values than can be said about other people my age. I don't see dropping out as cowardly as some might, but rather more as being relived of all the dead weight that was preventing me from soaring to meet my true potential. I have ambitions that I'd like to reach, and though those same old anxieties that I had all those years still have a home in my heart, I'll try as hard as I can to not let them defeat me. I've got all the support a person could need, and I feel confident I'll have a safe passage on my journey through life.

snoozing muses

Shy Bookworm

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100

Miku-Marmalade

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:02 am
I have one but it may be a bit much to type on my iPhone. But I like this thread idea~

:3  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces