Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:55 am
Potential Business Partner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:28 am
Feeling the Size of a Mammu

Eira settled down at the bar, resting a hand against her swollen belly, giving a sighing sound, "Phew... I feel like I'm the sound of a Mammu these days..." She muttered, giving Branko a glance as he came to flop down near to her, tail swishing fro side to side in a lazy manner. Eira starred at him, giving a laugh, before she slipped a foot out of her slipper and used it to pet him on the head, "Well, at least I know that it won't be that much longer before I am free of all of the weight and able to move normally again."

After a thoughtful moment she gave a laugh and said, "Well, more like I will be able to move at all. How I miss getting to dance up on! I feel as though I am going to be so terribly rusty by the time I am recovered from having my little one." Though she meant to get herself healed up fro that as soon as possible, just as she was taking care of herself to keep from getting any marks on her belly from the pregnancy. Between salves and healing sessions she was doing well, but she had a few more weeks to go before she was due to give birth. One of those things she was looking forward to for various reasons but at the same time she knew that she needed to find herself a healer to be there at her side. As much as she loved her brother she wasn't really up for having a blind man deliver her son... and she wasn't sure if Sinny had enough training in healing to do the job. Perhaps the two of the working together could work? No, wait... just no... it was possible that Sinny could end up distracted with Makani and that wasn't she could risk.

An outside healer seemed as though it would be the best idea, meaning that she was going to have to seek one. She gave a little huffing sound before she pushed to her feet, grumbling about how long it took her to regain her feet, "I used to be so agile." She told Branko as she went around the bar, getting herself some paper and a writing utensil, "I am going to see about writing a letter, one that I will send to Dernd, seeking an experience healer who also does midwife work. I only want the best for my baby after all." No matter what she would make sure that her baby had the best start possible, so that meant sending a note to Dernd with the merchant she dealt with that was from there. He often timed carried letters for her and this one would be the most important one.

"Come, Branko, I want to go to my room to lay down." She glanced over at Gyuri who was just coming inside, the bell announcing his arrival, and she called out, "Gyuri! Please keep an eye on things, I need some rest. You don't have to worry, Branko will be with me." After she was sure the big man was alright with taking over she headed toward the door behind the bar, allowing Branko to go first, then followed after him. The door was closed behind her and she headed for her room, settling onto the comfortable bed with the pile of pillows, and set to work on the letter.

As she worked on that Branko plopped down at the edge of the bed, giving a deep, baritone sound, a friendly one, that said he was right there at her side. Reaching over the bed she patted him on the head, then returned to writing out the letter once more. Once she got to work on it the words came out quickly, giving a description of what she was looking for. She wanted only the best and she felt that with the help of her merchant friend that she would get just that. Here was to hoping that said person got here before her baby decided to come along or else that left her with Sinny and Makani working as a team. One with the skills, one with the eyes, and the option that she saw as being the very last one that she wanted to take. While she loved them both she didn't want them working as a two headed midwife.

Shifting slightly she finished up her letter, folding it up, and set it on her nightstand. Once it was there she laid back and let her eyes close for a moment, "Phew... it's pretty bad that just writing a letter is something that can exhaust me this much! It's just me moving my hand about!" She sighed a bit before laughing back, letting her eyes close, hands resting on her belly gently. Once she allowed herself to relax she was able to feel the little one moving around within her belly, something that caused her to give a little smile before she opened her eyes, glancing to once side, before sighing a little bit.

"I know its silly to say now, especially to a beast like you, but it is a little bit of a shame that the father isn't about. Not that he was meant to be permanent of course." She was happy with the way that she lived her life, she didn't require a husband, though she did find that it would be nice in this instance. She could order him about to go and get her a drink, help her to sit up, and various other chores that a husband was meant to do. She found that she kind of envied Sinny a bit. Not that she would admit such a thing, not wanting anyone to think she was questioning her choices. She was happy with everything she'd decided, was happy that she was going to have her baby and heir, but a man would be nice too. If she could find one that was good enough and wouldn't be intimidated by who and what Eira was.

Giving Branko a look she said, "If you were a handsome Earthling and had a slightly less stalker like demeanor you could have been a good choice. You're pretty devoted at least." She joked, patting him on the head again before letting her eyes close again. Lifting her hand she gave it a little wave and said, "I'm going to take a nap, you guard the room, Branko." With that Eira rolled over onto her side, shifting until she was comfortable, and was soon asleep.

(( Word Count: 1098 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:29 am
Barter and Haggle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:33 pm
Remembering the Past

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:40 pm
Pour Another!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:26 am
Welcome to the Inn

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:55 am
Future Plans

Eira was sitting at the bar, some papers in hand, humming to herself. She was going over the finances, something that was boring but necessary, and much to her delight it would appear as though the inn was doing well. The fact that it lay between two towns helped out a lot, it meant that travelers would be tempted to stop by. It helped that they had good entertainment as well. The stables had been a good addition as well, giving travelers a place to keep their beasts since they weren't allowed in unless they were a certain size. Anything bigger then Eira's forearm was considered as being too big for her tastes. Not to mention that they would make far too big a mess no matter how well trained they were. Even Branko drove her crazy on occasion due to the fact that his claws left marks on the floor of the inn. If she let a lot of big beasts inside then the place would be torn up in no time.

The fact that they had the stables though made up for the fact that beasts weren't allowed inside. People couldn't really blame her for not wanting giant, toothy beasts inside, and they really didn't bother to complain when they looked at her given the fact that she was a woman with a cute little kid. Why would they bother to fight with her since it would make them look bad. A thought that made her smile before she looked down toward her son for a moment, watching him as he was playing with Branko. It was due to the fact that the snaptrotter seemed to be so protective of her son, while always allowing him to crawl all over him, that made it so that she allowed him inside. That and because she couldn't exactly chase him off... he'd started to grow on her after all.

The only time that the beast drove her crazy was when he popped up next to her, watching her while she was out in the river bathing. That Oban Beast Master made it seem less like he was watching her and more like he was just trying to protect her, it didn't make it any less strange... but she let it slide. So long as he did what she wanted of him, keeping Li safe, then she was happy. Giving a smile she called out, "You be careful, Li, don't pull on Branko's tail too much!" She called to her son before her attention went back to the papers before her.

Reaching over to pick up a writing quill she set to taking a few notes. There were still things that she wanted for the inn, but she wasn't sure if they were yet at a place where she could start up construction anew. It was something that she should run by the others, meaning that they would need to have a big group meeting with the original members of the troupe, those that she went to whenever she had thoughts about where she wanted to upgrade the inn. Well, she said the group but she tended to run most of her ideas by Sin'qua though. Borra tended to be quite agreeable after all and Gyuri didn't talk a lot... so Sin'qua tended to be her partner of choice. It was sort of her major part in the troupe, keep Eira grounded so that she didn't run off doing everything willy nilly without thinking it over. The only thing to this point that she hadn't consulted her over was Callistos, since that would have been very odd. When it came to everything else though it was best to talk to her.

The next thing that she wanted was to build better bathing facilities. The bathe that they had built alongside the river was functional but it wasn't what she wanted. She wanted something bigger and better that would be sure to bring in that many more people! If she could think of a way to have nice, warm bathes for use year round it was sure to draw in a lot of people, especially during the colder months. People would come by just because they wanted a nice, warm place to soak their tired bodies and that meant all that many more people coming to the inn. Not to mention that Eira herself would just love to have a nice, hot bath to soak in.

Giving a sighing sound she shook her head. Not yet, she didn't feel as though they were quite ready for all of that, but soon. At least she hoped that it would be soon. The more that they were able to add to the inn the better, but she didn't want to spend too much on new things and cause the ones they already had to suffer. As the one in charge of the inn it fell to her shoulders to think about the big picture and how best to keep things running smoothly. The big picture included so very much so she had to think over everything very careful making sure that nothing was forgotten.

Due to this she knew that only once she felt that they were in a stable place and that they were really ready for it would they build the more elaborate, warm baths. Despite knowing this she still very much wanted to sit down with the others to talk with them about it. While it was one of those ideas she felt would do the inn good Eira still felt that getting their input was the best idea. They might have ideas how to best go about the baths, they might know the best locations, how they should go about it, and even when they should go about it. They might have ideas that she didn't even think about after all and she trusted them.

Closing the ledger that she was looking over she then reached over to pick up another of her journals, this one taking note of how many rooms they had and who was in them at the moment. Another thing that she was thinking on doing was expanding the inn itself. More rooms, bigger rooms, as well as connected rooms that had a sitting room between them when groups were visiting would be nice. Not to mention that it would bring in more money renting out the big rooms to the big groups. She had so many ideas about what she wanted to do! Again though she knew that she was gong to have to run all the ideas by the others.

Glancing toward the window she could tell she had a little bit of time before people started to really trickle in. It was toward late afternoon that they started to really show up since they were would be looking for food, entertainment, and a place to stay. As such that meant that they had some time. Pushing to her feet she put her ledgers away behind the bar where they belonged before she called out, "Calliostos! Branko! Come on, we are going to go outside for a little while." On a walk to stretch their legs as well as doing a bit of recon for a good place to put the baths. Information she'd need when she sat down with the others to lay out her idea.

Taking her son's hand in hers she headed out the front door and into the warm afternoon air with Branko bringing up the rear.

(( Word Count: 1249 ))

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:19 am
Working the Bar

Eira glanced out the window of the inn, giving a little smile as she spotted her son outside playing with the twins that belonged to the Huyana and Eirlys, a pair that often times came to her inn. It was good to see her boy playing with the two of them because it was just good to see him playing with other kids in general. Given that he was the only one that lived at the inn he was often times hanging out with adults instead. It had caused him to mature quickly, learning to speak quickly, but being too mature wasn't ideal. He should be able to play if he wanted to, though more often then not he seemed more eager to work on his training or do things that would help him out as far as being her was concerned. It was a good thing, of course, she wanted him to be ready for what was his future but that didn't mean that he shouldn't have fun. The twins were a blessing from Chi for more then just their parents she thought to herself before her attention went back to the trio of Sautian hunters that were sitting at the bar, pouring them each another drink at their request.

"So, you were saying that you had interesting news, my dear hunters?" She had to focus on her job, she couldn't let herself get distracted from the hunters when she knew that the little ones were fine, they had Gyuri to look after them. There was nothing to be worried about when they had the best bodyguard around to protect them.

One of the men, a guy with an interesting scar over one eye, gave a nod of his head, "Yeah, we only heard about it recently but it would appear as though the Obans are holding some sort of big tournament in Oba, inviting everyone to come and fight." He gave a toothy grin at the thought, sounding as though he was quite eager to get to the tournament to test out his skills against the others that were waiting in Oba for everyone else to arrive.

One of the others, this one marked by his cleanly shaved head, said with a nod of his head, "We were gonna head out that way, no reason not to sign up when there is glory to be had. Not to mention getting to show off in front of the Obans sounds like a fun way to spend some time."

"Come on, not just glory but prizes as well! That is what's really important if you ask me." The third hunter said, not seeming as though he was as easily lead by glory but he was all for the prizes that would come along with battling in a tournament.

This was from the youngest of the hunters, in his early twenties if Eira had to guess while the other two were likely either late twenties or early thirties. She found herself for a moment sizing them up before giving a slow nod of her head, "I see, well, from the looks of the three of you I bet that you will do quite well. Nothing better for training then hunting from what I've seen." She crossed her arms under her chest, giving them all an appraising look before she said, "I would love for you to return here after the tournament, to tell me all about how things went! I have too much holding me here so I can't go myself, but I will definitely be cheering for the three of you."

The youngest hunter gave a laugh, cheeks coloring a bit, before he said, "Heh, I will definitely return here Mistress Eira, I will tell you all about my exploits and how awesome I was in the tournament! I suppose I'll tell you how these guys do too." He motioned at them with his thumb, and got himself a thump on the head from his friend for his trouble.

Eira blinked a couple times, then lifted a hand up to smother a giggle, "Oh my, well, I look forward to your return, as well as all of your stories." She glanced over at the other twin, giving them both a wink, before looking back once more, "Do be careful on the trip though, it would be a shame if you got hurt on your way there and found yourself unable to compete." Something that had the other two laughing and nudging their younger friend, obviously amused by Eira's teasing words.

Puffing up a bit the younger hunter said, "Don't worry, I will be careful so that you aren't disappointed by my lack of stories." He picked up his cup, finishing it off before he looked at his buddies, "We should get going soon, I want to make sure that we aren't late! I need to get signed up for the tournament and win in Mistress Eira's honor since she isn't able to come along with us."

His words had the men laughing again before the scarred one said, "Alright, alright, how about you let us at least finish our drinks before you drag us off." The man reached out, picking up his cup, and drank it down quickly. He was acting as though the youngest member of the group was threatening to drag them about but Eira could tell he was excited too.

Once all three had emptied their cups, giving Eira payment for the drinks as well as a generous tip, they were heading for the door. Eira lifted a hand, waving after them, "Have fun! Do your best and make sure to show them the power of Sauti, my dear hunters!" She called after the trio of the men. The three turned to wave, with the youngest nearly running into the door jam on his way out due to being distracted waving at Eira.

It was something that had her giggling a bit before she turned to look out the window again to once more check on the little ones. From the looks of it the three kids, Gyuri, and the twins' parents were on their way back. Taking in the position of the sun she realized that it was nearly time for Li's dance lessons, so it was good that he was on the way back. It meant that, once he got himself cleaned up after his play, they would be able to jump into their practice while Gyuri watched the front door.

"Alright Branko, you keep an eye on things and don't let strangers behind the bar. It's time for Li's lessons." She said, scratching the snaptrotter under the chin with the toe of her shoe before going to meet up with her son as he came in the front door.

(( Word Count: 1127 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:19 pm
Growth Solo: For the First Time in a Long Time

(( Eira's decided that it's time to expand the inn and make it a possible travel destination. To do so though she needs to meet with the craftsman that helped her out with the initial build of the inn, the only problem being he's too busy to come to the inn. Eira decides that she's going to do something that she's never done before, she's going to travel (mostly) on her own to Dernd, leaving the others behind to tend to the inn without her. While she's fretting over the idea of leaving others in charge when she's never done so before, for a couple weeks possibly, she reassures herself that she can trust them! The inn is now in the capable hands of the other members of her troupe while she sets forth on her first solo adventure! ))

Eira had made the decision to start the preliminary work to expand the inn so that it would have more rooms and include more amenities for her guests. She felt that the bigger it was, the more interesting it was, the more guests that they would get among those that were traveling around through Sauti. If the inn was interesting enough it might even draw the attention of those who decided to just come visit the place just to say that they had. If her inn became a place that people visited just because they wanted meant that it was more then just a place for people to sleep.

She had it mapped out in her head how she wanted everything to look, where she wanted the new building to be set up, and various other plans. The thing was that she had to talk it over with the man that had aided her in making the blue prints for the initial build. A meeting with him to talk things over, as well as get him to make a new set of blue prints, had been set up but the problem became that the man was busy with other things. The only want to meet with him was for Eira to head to Dernd herself and meet with him between his other jobs. To do so meant doing something that she hadn't done in a long time, that being leaving the inn behind. She had considered the trip on a few occasions now, even packed her back once before, but always talked herself out of it each time the date she was supposed to leave got close. She would also need to travel on her own for the most part because it would be impossible for them all to go and leave the inn alone with nobody to protect it. She'd leave the others to guard the place, save for her younger brother, who had gone to Zena to help out Huyana by taking care of his injured daughter. At least Sinny would still be present to hold things down in a magical manner, right?

It still felt really weird to her though, to leave the place that had been her home for so long and rust that every one else would be able to take care of things in her stead. She had to admit of the many things that she'd done in her life it was this one that seemed the most... terrifying. The idea of having to leave behind the thing that she'd dreamed of for so long, saw built under her direction and with her own hands at times, and that she ran for the most part. She'd be leaving the other main members of the troupe, her 'baby boy' included behind, so that she could head for Dernd. After a bit of planning she decided to bring one other with her, that being Branko. Not only was the big beast rather intimidating and strong, a good bodyguard for certain, he could also carry her bags and herself to Dernd making it so that the journey would be a little bit shorter and a whole lot safer.

The time she spent in her room was a rather extended amount of time as she packed a bag with the clothing that she felt she would need for her trip, the various supplies she'd need to keep herself beautiful like her brush, comb, and make up, as well as everything else that she thought she might even possibly need. That gave her one big, heavy pack that she lugged out to the main room, sitting it behind the bar. Once there she set to filling a second pack with rations so that Branko and herself would have plenty to eat and drink on the way... not that the snaptrotter was one that could be described as picky when it came to food. He was the one that seemed to always be right there ready and willing to pick of any food the patrons dropped on the floor. Inconvenient given his size but good given that he was a helpful stand in for a maid where food was concerned.

The last thing that she packed was her hand written and sketched ideas for what she wanted to do with the inn. She'd been working on the details for a some time and while she knew that she wasn't the best artist in the world she felt they were good enough. The man would understand what she wanted, just as he had the last time she'd had something done with the inn. The inn itself, the stables, the extra building for temporary staff, it was all built by the same person. The new additions would be as well provided of course the man would be able to build a bath house. She felt that he had the skills for it but if he didn't then she was certain that he would know who she should approach when it came to getting that particular project underway. Not matter what she would go forth and meet with the crafts master so that things could get underway.

After everything was packed and she saw to it that everyone knew where she was going, what she'd be doing, and an approximate time frame for how long she would be gone. It was really strange to be the one doing this, to be heading out away from the inn instead of seeing guests off. How long had it been since she'd gone on an adventure? Not since they found this plot of land and settled down here she thought to herself, giving a little humming sound. Well, no time like the present to act like she was a young woman again! She'd go on an adventure to Dernd, chat with the crafts master, flirt with some cute young men, and otherwise make sure that the trip was the trip of a life time! Hm, well, maybe not the trip of a life time because that made her sound like an old woman going out on one last adventure before she hopped into her grave. It would just be a very enjoyable a trip, one in which she made the most of her time off... even if the moment she stepped off the porch and got onto Branko's back she was already fretting about every last thing.

Had she explained well enough how too assign rooms? Was there enough wine? Would there be enough food? Could she trust that the place wouldn't burn down without her being there? Would her baby be alright without her? There were so many things to worry about but she had to remind herself that the others in the troupe were people worth her trust. They wouldn't allow everything to fall apart just because she wasn't there supervising! No it would be alright if she left, she knew that! Even if it was still something she might fret about during her trip. The dancer gave a smile as she nudged Branko, the two of them starting forward toward Dernd. Eira couldn't help but to be... excited despite all her various worries. It was as though for a moment all the worry and stress melted away and she was just face to face with an adventure of her own.

It wasn't as though this was a long trip, she'd be gone a couple of weeks at the very most, but for someone like Eira who hadn't left the inn for a while, it was still going to be quite the adventure. It was something she was looking forward to and hey, maybe she'd find some more talent to bring back with her while she was in Dernd! That would be a bonus.

(( Word Count: 1294 ))

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:18 am
WE: Creepy Crawlers

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:51 pm
Crossing Paths

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:15 am
Chapter 8: The Grand Market

Orpheus Solon