Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The Fate Of All Things (Recruitment Status = 9/8) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:22 am
[ Character Sheets ]

Accepted Characters

• 1] Confusion, Tiefling Draconic Sorcerer (Played by joe-dude667)
  • 2] Gwen, Half-Elf Warlock (Played by Snuffins)
  • 3] Serke, Human Fighter (Played by Plainsfox)
  • 4] Malediction, Tiefling Invoker (Played by Arc Vembris)
  • 5] Simann Durra, Dragonborn Fighter (Played by SporkMaster5000)
  • 6] Odvukrio, Minotaur Shaman (Played by KytanaTheThief)
  • 7] Anji, Elf Monk (Played by Absolute Virtue)
  • 8] Aevon Clearwater, Eladrin Avenger (Played by Vampfighter1)
  • 9] Tordek Bluebeard, Dwarf Ardent (Played by Vorastrix)

Pending Characters

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]
  • 6]
  • 7]
  • 8]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

The highly devout worshipers of the gods have been receiving visions of what can only be described as a violent, turbulent lightning storm in the astral sea itself. Adventurers begin to quest to find out what this means, and what efforts can be made to stop this dark omen. However, panic seizes the populace as these revelations come to light, and these very same adventurers now have to face threats not only from without, but also from within. This game involves an adventure from thwarting the forces of evil on your home-front, before tracking down the source and taking the battle to theirs - and more is at stake than the heroes could ever realize.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

Welcome to the Kingdom of Rosales, the most prosperous kingdom in the northern continent. Like most of the world, except for the newly settled eastern continent and the farthest reaches of the western continent, the land is tamed. All the dungeons have been cleared out of hazards, all the dangerous monsters that used to roam the land are extinct. Peace and prosperity mostly rule this region, with the exception of a few token upstarts. It has been said that Rosales will lead the world into a golden age of intellectual and philosophical enlightenment, a spiritual renaissance if you will. It seems like that time is nigh.

However, a hurdle unlike any other has soon presented itself, originally in the form of recurring nightmares in a few spiritually heightened individuals, then visions amongst religious prayers. Some terrible force appears to be encroaching on the world and threatening to raze any hope for a peaceful future, and the rumors and speculations of what it might be and what anyone can do to stop it has the populace of the north on edge. Fear now has an icy grip over many, and the leaders of this region are eager to do anything to save the future everyone had been looking forward to so.

As prophecies become more frequent and more dire, the actuality of the threat makes itself more evident day by day. It is still uncertain the exact nature of the evil that moves against the world, but two things are now apparent: The threshold of being able to do something about it has now been passed, and the time left to act is quite limited. A call out to heroes has been made, and you are some of those heroes that have answered.

Idle, and your future will be lost. Act, and it can be saved. What will you do, hero?

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

You are one of the heroes that have answered the call to act, and have been summoned to the court of Queen Ulmace of Rosales. You have been screened and pulled aside from the rest of the rabble who consider themselves great for simply picking up a sword. She would rather not waste your time as well as not have you waste hers, and likely will send you right into the thick of things.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Rain special: PHB 1&2; AV 1; all 6 Power books.
Limited Sources: PHB 3 (no hybrids), FRPG (setting-specific options excluded), AV 2 & MME (DM veto rights for some magic item categories), MotP (Planar Characters section).
Banned Resources: Any online or homebrewed source; any Essentials, or Heroes of X book.

Starting Level: 5th
Starting Gold/Equipment: Standard for 5th level
Races: PHB1+2 races without restriction. You'll need to sell me on PHB3 or FRPG races.
Ability Scores: 4d6 (drop the lowest) x 7, drop the lowest score. If your total is less than a 22 point buy, turn your lowest score into a 16. If it's still below 22, reroll. (Update: Every score below 8/10 is a -1, based on the starting array of 10,10,10,10,10,8.) I will allow one reroll if you do not like your ending stats but they are above the 22 threshold. However, you must keep the second result, even if it's worse than the first set.
Alignments: Lawful Good, Good, Unaligned, or Evil. The world getting blown up will ruin EVERYONE'S day. CE characters are too unpredictable to be allowed to contribute.
Pantheon: Standard.
Backgrounds: Fluff-wise, required on your character sheets. Mechanics wise (i.e. PHB2), they must not be setting-specific. This is the only mechanic I will accept from online sources, though you must be able to link me to it.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Standard Rain philosophy on Action Points.
2] Standard Rain philosophy on ammunition.

[ Recruitment Rules ]

Also, I will accept players in the following order: Brand new players (not currently playing in any of my games) (P1), then 1AZ players (P2), then 1AZ and/or Merc Work players (P3), then players in any of my others campaigns (P4). First come, first serve, in each category.

Only serious players need apply.

I'm going to be away from home in the end of March so the game MAY not begin until afterwards, depending on how quickly recruitment goes. I suspect 1AZ might not survive beyond the first issue since I've lost over half the players (I've never gotten the "leaving Gaia" thing...), so this may be the game that ends up replacing it.

As such, I'm leaving all 8 slots open from the template, with the expectation that we'll lose a few. I hope you guys prove me wrong.

I plan on this being a long term campaign, but also a deadly one. You've been warned.

Recruitment stops when all slots fill up with finished sheets, or April 1st, whichever happens first.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:45 pm
A game for new players/people not in games? This has the Captain seal of approval. I also approve of your use of the colour blue. Very much. To the point where if I ever used that form I cooked up again, I'd switch all the darkred to blue myself!

Good luck, though, Rain. razz
8 people may be a little much though IMO, even for expecting dropouts... But /shrug. (Mostly lessons learned from my Vanguards of Corvale game).  

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:51 pm
It looks like a lot, but imho, most games trim themselves down to a point around four-five actives.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:55 pm
Captain Ragnar Devonin
A game for new players/people not in games? This has the Captain seal of approval. I also approve of your use of the colour blue. Very much. To the point where if I ever used that form I cooked up again, I'd switch all the darkred to blue myself!

Good luck, though, Rain. razz
8 people may be a little much though IMO, even for expecting dropouts... But /shrug. (Mostly lessons learned from my Vanguards of Corvale game).

Blue is my default color 3nodding

I'm not worried about the number. If they don't cull themselves, the monsters will. If they somehow exceed my expectations, they'll probably want all the help they can get.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 6, 3, 3 Total: 18 (4-24)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:06 pm
15; off to a good start  
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 2, 1, 1, 2 Total: 6 (4-24)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 2, 5 Total: 14 (4-24)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:08 pm
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 2, 2 Total: 7 (4-24)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 2, 6 Total: 14 (4-24)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:11 pm
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 1, 5 Total: 13 (4-24)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 5, 6 Total: 17 (4-24)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:13 pm
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:18 pm
No Essentials or Heroes books? You're killing me Rain, I'll have to sleep on it. I know I'm back-burner already, as many games as I'm in. I'm just trying to maximize my odds of being in another that doesn't stale out.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:06 am
Could I possibly sell you on a changeling Rain? I'd like to play a lower level version of my changeling warlord from arc's ill-fated planar game if I can. the gist was going to be social skills to the max + imposter's armor + change shape = good times.

if not, i'm still interested, i'll just have to figure out what other character idea in my stockpile of unused ideas i want to give a spin.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:33 am
I'm thinking of doing up a Tiefling Invoker, I'm really digging this concept  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Arc Vembris rolled 20 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 1, 3, 2, 3, 6, 2, 1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 4, 4, 6, 3, 2, 3, 4 Total: 65 (20-120)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:52 am
abilities  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items