Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply ☼ [ Hidden Sand Village } Sunagakure
╥ Village Academy & University Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 296 297 298 299

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zak the Panduh

Dapper Partner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:32 pm
User Image
      H I K A R U - H A K E M O T O
      'A recipe has no soul. As a cook, you must bring the soul to the recipe!'

The 'mating' talk did not interest Hikaru enough to further engage in the conversation, but watching Theodin's reaction to most of it was amusing, to say the least. When her sensei created water from thin air to fill their cups, Hikaru was, for a brief moment in a state of shock. Not because of the water, but because she had forgotten all about the tea she was supposed to make the compliment the meal. She hid her guilt behind the cup which she raised to her mouth, taking a long, silent sip. The young chef tried not to be too hard on herself; after all, she had just prepared a fine meal for her friends... and talking animals. Something she never thought she'd ever be capable of doing.

Tin, the small red panda hopped up into her lap, asking for a scratch. It was hard for her to deny him, with him being as small and cute as he was. He even said please! "Oh? Of course, Tin." A finger tenderly scratched the small red panda behind the ear, while the other caressed the contour of his curled up body for additional comfort. "Yea... I suppose they aren't so bad. He's a cute little guy!" She'd respond to Theo, appearing relatively comfortable with Tin in her lap. She smiled, bowing to Theo-sensei and Yoshi in her seat without disturbing Tin too much. "I'm glad you enjoyed it. I felt really good making this meal for you all, even with some of the improvisations... I still don't know how that didn't melt." She'd gestured towards the makeshift kitchenette, made completely out of ice.

"B-but what I really want to say is, thank you. You both. I... appreciate you guys trying your best to help me. I-I know I'm not much now, but I'll learn how to be a good shinobi. I promise." The last bit was directed more towards Yoshi, despite her focus being on the panda in her lap. Hikaru did not want to fail the one person who had been there for her since she arrived here. The one person who willingly carried her through all of her struggles, and continued to, even when they could have turned around and left her to fend for herself.

║ CHAKRAx 225/ 225 x ║ STAMINAx 275/ 275 x D-ranked Geninx Sunagakure

[ Shinobi Profile ]

Stats
      Strength | -- tab Speed | -- tab Agility | -- tab Endurance | --

Techniques Used
      First Activation | Description
      Second Activation | Description
      Third Activation | Description

Passive Bonuses
      Passive | Description
      Passive | Description
      Passive | Description

Jenni Deer

Valbjorn

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
          User Image
          Yoshi rose her eyebrow when it seemed that Theo had disagreed that love wasn't a distraction. It was something they could argue about another time, noticed the hint in his tone that it was dropped for now. With Hikaru's comments and Yoshi's mention of his big gift he was blessed with, she could've sworn that he was redder than she was as she laughed softly. With a bright smile, she nodded towards Aioko, and fatigued suddenly hit her. She didn't sleep all night but being active and kept moving, it didn't really take effect. Now her stomach was full of amazing and wonderous food, she had to admit, she felt a bit sleepy. Aioko had mentioned that Yoshi might be the perfect mate as she smirked, "Not too sure if he wants to be with someone who has no concept of the time," laughed Yoshi as the cubs chimed in and even complain about Theo not wanting let their dessert first.

"I do understand. He just wants you to eat your protein and good food before the sweets! After all, don't you know the saying, save the best for last?" She said with a smile towards the cub as they seemed to have a sudden burst of energy they had been containing this whole time. Two cubs went to her when the third went to Hikaru. With a soft laugh, Yoshi nervously watched Hikaru but it seemed that she had warmed up to talking animals! Maybe soon, they should teach Hikaru what a threatening creature looks like. Yoshi smiled warmly towards Hikaru, happy and amazed to see her friend grow so much and she wanted to see her grow some more. When Hikaru pointed out that the ice didn't melt, Yoshi rose her eyebrow, how did she never notice that? Sideways glanced towards Theo as if she was expecting him to explain how that was possible. Hikaru continued so Yoshi went back to giving her friend undivided attention before nodding, "Theo and I watched you cook, Hikaru-chan. You have the ability. We just need to figure out how to incorporate what you do here..." She gestured to the kitchen. "And in battles. You may even become better than me once we figure that out." With a smile, she picked up both cubs and rubbed her faces in theirs. "I know! How about tag?" She said as she placed the cubs on the table. With a smirk, she tapped Rin with her free hand, and used the other, Yoshi became an ethereal black mist and it faded, she appeared outside of the window, having looked like a ghost that went through the walls. Her knuckles gently rapped on the window as she waved to the cubs.

[ Kūton: Shunshin [ Void Release: Body Flicker ]
          Description: Transports the user to a location up to one mile away that he/she can sense with Chakra. During this movement, the user becomes an ethereal mist and does not interact with any of the intermittent material. Counts as one use of Shunshin no Jutsu. Learned! ]

[ Vacant Clone to Void Whip in bloodline learned! ]

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
          「 CHKRA : :x340 // 340 」 tab 「 STM : :x220 // 220 」 tab 「 AC : :x000 」 tab 「 MNY : :x0000 」
          tab 「 Kuuton 」 tab 「 D-rank Genin 」 tab 「 Sunagakure 」 tab 「 Raiton / Fuuton 」

[ More Info / Profile Here ! ]

██████████ M I S S I O N S ███████████████████

[ Mission Title Here ] - Mission Rank
                  Mission description here, either copy-pasta'd or in first person
                    • Mission
                    • Objectives
                    • Completed
                    • Go Here

• Mission
                    • Objectives
                    • Completed
                    • Go Here

██████████ S T A T S + M I S C ██████████████████

Current Stats : :
                  STRENGTH :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab SPEED :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab REFLEX :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab FORTITUDE :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab

Current Bonuses : :
                  This is where bonuses from moves used go

██████████ P A S S I V E S ████████████████████

██████████ J U T S U - U S E D ██████████████████

Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Valbjorn

Demonic Raider

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:37 pm
size=15]
Theodin Poe
Sunagakure // Jounin / ANBU // A-Rank // Ninjutsu // Hyouton/ Ranton // Fuuton/Raiton/ Suiton // Chakra: 1845 / 1845 // Sage Chakra: --- / 615 // Stamina: 1465 / 1465

"Man and Spirit alike tell me I cannot withstand the storm…"

Theo would smile slightly as Hikaru stayed calm with Tin in her lap, chuckling as she scratched the young cub behind the ear before just calmly petting him in general. When Yoshi mentioned that he might not wanna be with someone with basically no sense of time, Theo would scoff slightly, “I mean, simple rule.... if the sun isn’t up, no waking me up unless someone is about to die....” he’d say with a slightly serious look at the white haired genin before smirking slightly and laughing. When both of them mentioned that the icy kitchenette hadn’t melted, even with the high heat of both their desert environment and the cooking, Theo would chuckle softly,”You girls haven’t dealt with Hyouton users, have you? .....” Theo would perform a handsigns and water would materialize out of the air and freeze partially, flowing in a sort of slush ring around his hand, “my ice isn’t quite as strong as my dad’s... but it’s still insanely hard to melt.... even Katon jutsu have a hard time melting it if the fire isn’t strong enough.”

When Yoshi mentioned playing tag, Rin and Jin perked their ears up happily, “That sounds fun, Yoshi!” They both chimed up in unison. Even Tin perked his head up from his spot in Hikaru’s lap. When Yoshi booped Rin on the head and vanished, all 3 Cubs would take off running after her. Seeing that she had phased through the wall, Jin called out “No fair! She can go through walls!” As the Cubs changed directions to run out after her.

Thinking through what both Yoshi and Hikaru had said, Theo would grab a chair and sit across from Hikaru, next to Aioko, “Like Yoshi said, we saw how you can move amd react with no real problem while cooking, we just need to work with you to bring that same level of calm and focus to your shinobi training...... so to start off, are you any good with ninjutsu or genjutsu or are you a primarily physical fighter... mostly tai and bukijutsu? And do you know your elemental chakra natures and any clan abilities you might have?” Theo would look at the girl calmly, a slight smile on his face,he was kind of hoping she realized that even if he can be harsh, and as much as he likes messing with people, he was there to help her learn and improve and would do whatever he could to help. Through this, Aioko would lean back in his chair, arms crossed over his chest as he watched and listened to his old friend and former student.

[

"What they fail to realize is, I AM the Storm! "

Physical Description

6’2”, 250lbs solid muscle,white hair to his mid back, held back by his Suna headband with heterochromic blue and green eyes. Wearing thermal insulated leather armor, dyed black, with patches of dull silver metal on the chest, upper back, and upper arms. A pair of steel arm guards and steel backed gloves,all painted black with a dark blue lining. Black boots, a pair of 30” broadswords hanging from his hips. The skin on the inside of his forearms, if visible, is covered in small seals. Over all his armor, generally hiding it,he wears a baggy sleeved black robe with dark blue trim and a black armored cowl hood.

Jutsu Used:

Items Used:

Passives:

Strength: 10
Speed - 0
Reflexes - 0
Fortitude: 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:53 pm
User Image

Theo went to explain that the makeshift ice kitchen was created by him, with an ability known as Hyouton. It was Hikaru's first time ever hearing about it, but watching him create ice from practically thin air, left her pleasantly surprised. This feeling was further amplified by Yoshi's words, "B-better than you? ...Oh, no. I could never-" How she might apply her cooking ability in combat was a dilemma indeed, and in Hikaru's opinion, a scary idea. Cooking came naturally to her because it was something she enjoyed. It was easy for her to let her creativity and passion take over; to enter a state of flow of which she has never experienced with anything else. This gift didn't manifest in any combat ability, for what little she did have. Yoshi initiated a game of tag suddenly, tapping one of the red pandas before vanishing in a strange black mist to a window. "Wow!" Hikaru exclaimed, truly in awe. Yoshi was already showing great promise as a shinobi and her skills currently were enough to impress the young chef.

Tin hopped off of her lap to aid his brothers in the chase for Yoshi, Hikaru turning his attention to Theo, who was now sitting in front of her. He wanted to help her transition the attributes that made her a decent chef, into her shinobi abilities. "Well... I wasn't really good at much of anything during my studies at the Academy." She admitted shamefully with a sigh. "I'd like to think I studied them enough to know how to use them on a basic level, at the least. My mom comes from a clan of monks who were known for their combat prowess against demons and monsters..." She trailed off, fiddling with the chopsticks in her hands. Talking about her mother or that side of her family in general made her kind of anxious. After all, they were the reason she was here in the first place. "She believes that deep down, I too have that power in my veins and intended on sending me with the monks to train. They are talented with the physical arts, naturally. B-but, monsters and demons aren't that common nowadays, right? ...Right?" She'd pause, getting herself back on track before she ended up regretting the answer to her question. "I just... I don't think being the aggressor in a heated situation is something I'd manage well." Hikaru didn't consider herself much on the physical side of things either. Sure, she was fast, but that was only when she was tripping over her own feet. The only 'weapons' Hikaru had become proficient with, was anything used to prepare food.

Speaking of food, "M-My dad's family were talented merchants; cooks especially. I inherited his love for cooking and am working on my people skills with the part time job I have here. They aren't bad, but I want to make sure when people meet me, they feel comfortable in their environment and will want to come back, always!" She giggled, "I'm fast, my dad says. We used to take runs every morning and evening together before I moved here... This was the only middle ground for me. Moving here, y'know. If I had been forced to train with the monks, I'd have to drop my cooking passion for good." Hikaru placed her chopsticks down, looking at Theo, "I want to make them both proud; make Yoshi proud. This shinobi thing is just... different and new to me." Hikaru didn't know how much of her spiel would actually be useful for her sensei, but this was a contributing factor to her anxiety overall. If she didn't somehow 'make it' as a Shinobi in Suna, the monks would come for her and train her properly at the temples. Hikaru only hoped she could find a balance between duty and passion, for her sake.

[ Shinobi Profile ]

Stats

Techniques Used

Passive Bonuses
      Passive | Description
      Passive | Description
      Passive | Description

Jenni Deer

Valbjorn

Quote:

Zak the Panduh

Dapper Partner

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:00 pm
User ImageUser Image
          User Image
          Her gaze softened when she noticed the trio of the red pandas were going after her. To help them a bit, she opened the window so they wouldn't have to find their way around the academy to get to her. Then it hit her. She could be cruel and just go through the academy but she wanted them to have fun and she needed this kind of energy to stay awake. With a laugh, she ran from the cubs as they chased her. Tin was it and ended up tagging Rin instead of Yoshi. Rin pouted so Yoshi decided to let herself be it. It was just constant back and forth and laughing. Yoshi was also using another technique of hers. Rin saw Yoshi's shin as she was distracted by Tin and attempted to tackle hug her shin, to the only phase through it and landed on the ground. "Not fair!" Rin called out as Yoshi laughed with a wink, "Life isn't fair. Wait." She stopped and frowned. She counted Rin. One. Tin. Two. Where was Jin? It was then the cubs had noticed that their siblings were missing. "Did Jin change it to hide and seek?" Yoshi asked towards the pair as they shrugged and sniffed around. Yoshi helped them and followed them. At the shade from the scorching sun, Jin was sleeping under the roof's shade, snoozing away. The cubs felt exhaustion washed in as they had a full belly and curled up with Jin and the trio attempted to sleep. Yoshi, now tired, glanced towards the window and it seems that Theo and Hikaru were chatting away. This was good. Decided to get a bit of shut-eye after having none last night, she laid down with the cubs and they used her as a pillow while they snooze underneath the blissful roof's shade.

[ Munashii Watashi [ Vacant Me ]
          Description: Turns the user ethereal for six of his/her posts. While ethereal, the user is not affected by any kind of physical barriers or attacks, and is unaffected by Ninjutsu or Genjutsu under B-Rank. Likewise, the user cannot use any type of technique other than Fuuinjutsu—provided the user has access to the proper seal—and healing techniques. If the user exits—voluntarily or involuntarily—the ethereal state while inside of something, he/she is shoved to the nearest available space and cannot use Chakra- or Stamina-consuming techniques for twenty of his/her posts. Learned! ]

[ This way, gives my shoulder a bit of break from posting and time to heal, ya'll can continue on without me till ya'll need Yoshi or something :3 I'll make this post bigger cause she needs to learn more techs, but this is the end post basically. ]

「 CHKRA : :x340 // 340 」 tab 「 STM : :x220 // 220 」 tab 「 AC : :x000 」 tab 「 MNY : :x0000 」

• Mission
                    • Objectives
                    • Completed
                    • Go Here

• Mission
                    • Objectives
                    • Completed
                    • Go Here

STRENGTH :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab SPEED :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab REFLEX :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab FORTITUDE :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab

Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:18 pm
size=15]
Theodin Poe
Sunagakure // Jounin / ANBU // A-Rank // Ninjutsu // Hyouton/ Ranton // Fuuton/Raiton/ Suiton // Chakra: 1845 / 1845 // Sage Chakra: --- / 615 // Stamina: 1465 / 1465

Theo would chuckle softly as the Cubs ran around with Yoshi as he listened to Hikaru’s explanations. “Hmmm... well, I can’t say for sure about monsters.... but so far I’ve known two jinchurrikki each for the one tailed tanuki and seven tailed kabutomushi... and I’ve fought the seven tails twice personally... so there are at least some demons still around.” He’d say calmly as she explained the situation with her family and their clan abilities. “Hmmmm....” he’d say as he thought through what the girl had said. “For now, I think we can focus primarily on your skills with something that could be considered a weapon.... maybe like your chef knife or something.... I have two ideas that I think could help you get started.... one is that you go back to that ice kitchen I made, and just go through the motions like you were cooking something again... and I throw relatively weak attacks your way, to start off at least. I think that could help you get used to shifting your cooking flow state towards something you could use in a fight as well...” he would think through another idea, “The other thing would be learning how to carve up a person the same way you might a side of beef or a pig while prepping ingredients for a dish... I’ve heard rookie medical shinobi use pig tissue to practice stitching injuries because of how similar human and pig tissue is.” Smiling softly at his anxious student, trying to be reassuring, even if he wasn’t exactly sure how good he was at it, “I think we can get you at least improving in how you handle shinobi work... it’ll take time, I’m sure, but you’ll get there, Hikaru-Chan.... So, which idea would you like to start with?” He knew what his teacher would’ve done... San would’ve just attacked out of nowhere and demanded that Theo do something to defend himself... but he had a feeling that would be counterproductive with Hikaru, at least for the time being. He might be able to try something like that on Yoshi later though.

[

Physical Description

6’2”, 250lbs solid muscle,white hair to his mid back, held back by his Suna headband with heterochromic blue and green eyes. Wearing thermal insulated leather armor, dyed black, with patches of dull silver metal on the chest, upper back, and upper arms. A pair of steel arm guards and steel backed gloves,all painted black with a dark blue lining. Black boots, a pair of 30” broadswords hanging from his hips. The skin on the inside of his forearms, if visible, is covered in small seals. Over all his armor, generally hiding it,he wears a baggy sleeved black robe with dark blue trim and a black armored cowl hood.

Jutsu Used:

Items Used:

Passives:

Speed - 0
Reflexes - 0

Valbjorn

Demonic Raider

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50

Zak the Panduh

Dapper Partner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:57 pm
User Image

Much to her surprise, Theo answered her inquiry anyways. She had no knowledge of what a 'Jinchuriki' was, or the two demons that her sensei mentioned, but the sole fact was that they still existed. Hikaru began to wonder if that was the reason why her mother was so insistent on getting training from the monks. If there were two, then there had to be more, from wherever they came from. "Oh..." Was the only reply she could muster. The young chef could only hope she wouldn't have to see either of them in her lifetime. The suggestions in training methods brought forth by her sensei left her just as concerned as the talk of demons did. Hikaru didn't like the idea of slicing up a pig and comparing it that of a human body. It just sounded wrong; on multiple levels. The former suggestion, wouldn't be as simple as Theo-sensei thought it might be. Though it was a little complicated to explain... "Um, I guess I'll just... go through the motions." Shrugging awkwardly, she got up from her seat and positioned herself into the makeshift kitchenette, playing around with the chopsticks she picked up, as if stirring contents inside a dish.

[ Shinobi Profile ]

Stats

Techniques Used

Passive Bonuses
      Passive | Description
      Passive | Description
      Passive | Description

Jenni Deer

Valbjorn

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:29 pm
size=15]
Theodin Poe

Theodin would watch Hikaru’s reactions closely as she responded to what he had said and came up with, scratching his head slightly as she went back to the ice kitchen before looking towards Aioko, “What do you think, brother?... seems like she’s not focused on the things she’s doing...” Aioko would nod slightly and whisper back, “Yes... one of your strengths when I was teaching you jing shen Jie fang was your ability to focus and put yourself in the situation where the training would be most effective...” Theo would think for a moment before getting up and walking over to stand beside Hikaru, placing his hand lightly on her shoulder. “You aren’t focusing... visualization is a huge thing when you’re trying to learn to fight... and it can be useful while learning to do just about anything.” His usually rumbling voice smoothed and softened as he spe, “I want you to picture yourself in your restaurant. It’s the dinner rush and you have an important political figure,let’s say the Wind Daimyo, in the house... for all you know, the fate of the village’s budget is resting on how satisfied he is with his meal while he talks with the kazekage. Hear the sizzling of the food in the wok and pans, smell the aromas of the spices and herbs.. feel the rush of the other cooks around you all scrambling to make sure everything leaves the kitchen on time and is just perfectly made.” Theo would pause for a moment and take a slow breath in and out, “Visualize all that in your mind, close your eyes for a moment if you need to, take a deep breath, and get to cooking.” When she would do as he said, Theo would remove his hand from her shoulder and step out of the icy kitchen and watch what she did, preparing to push her reflexes and reactions if his idea started to work.

[

Physical Description

Jutsu Used:

Items Used:

Passives:

Speed - 0
Reflexes - 0

Valbjorn

Demonic Raider

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50

Zak the Panduh

Dapper Partner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:55 pm
User Image

Hikaru nearly jumped out of her skin when Theo came up beside her and laid a hand on her shoulder, "H-huh!?" She thought that she was doing as he had asked: to "go through the motions", but he wanted her to visualize it. "Oh..." Hikaru nodded her head, using his example as a basis for her visualization. Her eyes closed, and she took in a deep breath, holding it in for three seconds before releasing. She focused on the imagery of her restaurant first; her very own restaurant. What she'd want the very building that she owned to look like. It took on a strikingly similar image of home, a place she sorely missed. The walls were lined with various pieces of art, tables and cushions - yes, all of her customers were required to sit on the ground as they ate, likely another influence from home - sectioned into groups of two, along a spectacularly clean floor. At one of the tables, a older man dressed in formal attire sat across from the Kazekage. The other table beside them was empty, as well as all the other groups of tables surrounding it. For the time being, all of the tables surrounding them were unavailable for seating.

With additional areas to eat outside, as well as a small bar towards the back of the building, Hikaru was certain it would suffice for any additional customers for the time being. A smaller woman came back into the kitchen, frantically announcing the arrival of the Kazekage and Daimyo, relaying what they ordered to the crew.

Outside of the visualization, Hikaru remained still with her eyes closes... the chopsticks in her hands tapping in a very slow, hypnotic rhythm.

[ Shinobi Profile ]

Stats

Techniques Used

Passive Bonuses
      Passive | Description
      Passive | Description
      Passive | Description

Jenni Deer

Valbjorn

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:42 pm
size=15]
Theodin Poe

Theodin would watch as Hikaru visualized what he had told her, nodding slightly. From the edge of the little ice kitchen he would call in his soft voice, “Good, good.... now, open your eyes, and make me see what you saw in your head. Do what you would do in that situation.” If this worked, Theo figured Hikaru would go into her usual cooking flow, at least to an extent, and could be more relaxed and fluid in her movements and reactions. As soon as she would begin the movements of preparing the super high profile, but imaginary, meal, Theo would give her a few seconds to get going, letting the visualization really take hold in her mind, then he’d make a hand sign. A second later a spike would extend from the icy counter top towards her shoulder. It wouldn’t actually be on track to make an impact, but would either stop just short of hitting her or would angle in a way to just miss. He just wanted to see how she would react. A split second later, the spike would recede and another would shoot out to just miss her cheek before moving back as well. This pattern would continue for a few minutes of spikes shooting out towards Hikaru, stopping short or missing by inches each time. If/when Theo thought she was ready, he’d speak out again in the same calm voice, “Now, enemy shinobi have kicked in the back door of the restaurant and are swarming into the kitchen. They’re after the daimyo. You’re the only chef that has any shinobi training at all. You have to stop them getting into the dining room while continuing to prepare the meal. If you can’t, then your restaurant’s reputation will basically be destroyed and the fate of the entire village will be at risk.” Theo would make three shadow clones and have them move into the kitchen with kunai at the ready to attack.

[

Physical Description

Jutsu Used:

Items Used:

Passives:

Speed - 0
Reflexes - 0

Valbjorn

Demonic Raider

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:43 pm
User Image

☽ Ҝaori & Ɲova ☾

Nin/Tamer ☽☾ Raigyo ☽☾ Chakra: 1,030 / 1,030 ☽☾ Stamina: 755 / 755 ☽☾ Sage Chakra: 52 / 595

Nova's Chakra: 227 / 227 ☽☾ Nova's Stamina: 495 / 495

Obstacles are like wild animals.
They are cowards but they will bluff you if they can.
If they see you are afraid of them...
They are liable to spring upon you; but if you look them squarely in the eye, they will slink out of sight.

Kaori walked into the academy and looked around, then found her way to the more secluded area that housed the more rare books. Once there, she set Nova to patrolling. Once that was done, she turned to the books. Kaori picked up a book and looked it over. It was crumbling, and the words were barely legible. But she could work with it. She made sure her claws were retracted before she began to turn the pages to get an idea of how many new pages she would need. Once she had that number in her mind, she carefully put it down and began to search for a book to rewrite the decaying one into. [1/6] The Cat-woman found a book with the needed number of pages and got to work. It was long, and tedious, but she had asked for a mission, and this is what she was given. So, it was what she would do. No rest for the wicked and weary and all that. [2/6] Nova was pacing the rows of books, silent as she prowled. They had both been told not to let anyone know what they were doing, since a lot of what she was transcribing was sensitive information. So Kaori had set Nova to guard the area. [3/6] Nova had not been happy, she hated libraries and similar places, because she hated silence and inactivity. If things were silent, it should be because they were on a hunt, not because of forced rules. But then, Nova never did do well with human rules. [4/6] Kaori looked up and watched her partner prowl for a moment, letting her hand rest. Nova was getting up there in years, and in truth it was only because of her bond with Kaori that she had lived as long as she had. Normal snow leopards would have passed on by this age. [5/6] Kaori shook her head and looked back down at the book she was transcribing. No point in thinking about such things. Being Eternal Partners offered Nova protection from such things like ‘normal’ age restrictions. At least in so far as a Leopard’s life span. She was still subject to Kaori’s life span. [6/6]

Kaori put away the finished book and moved to grab another one, still being careful of the crumbling and decaying pages and bindings. She would be so mad at herself if she scattered pages about and had to try and figure out what book they went to. And what order they went in. [1/6] She picked a nice looking leather-bound blank book to write in before she sat back down in her chosen chair. Kaori picked up her pen and began to write. Word by word and sentence by sentence the pages filled slowly. [2/6] Slowly, being the operative word in this situation. Nova was going stir-crazy, Kaori was going stir-crazy. When she had asked for a mission, Kaori had hoped for something a little more action packed. But beggars could not be choosers. [3/6] She focused on the book in front of her, slowly working to fill the pages. There was something beautiful about words on a page. Something about creating, rather than destroying. It was part of why she loved gardening. [4/6] She was a Shinobi of Sunagakure, but she was not all violence and destruction all the time. She had other interests. Gardening and writing being among them. It was a nice change of pace. [5/6] Especially considering she had barely been into her childhood when her parents had died. So most of her appreciation for art and creation had not been cultivated as of yet. So now, as an adult, she took joy in the simple things her parents had tried to have her enjoy when they were alive. [6/6]

Kaori rubbed at her eyes as she put her pen down. She sighed and stretched, popping her back with several loud sounds as she leaned backwards over the back of the chair she was sitting in. [1/6] She had already transcribed two other books. But there seemed to be a never-ending supply of ill-repaired books and scrolls that needed to be preserved. And since she had immaculate handwriting all throughout the academy and later in life, she had been voluntold to do the needed rewriting. She did not mind, too much, but some sunlight would be nice. [2/6] Kaori picked up her pen and got back to work. The previous book she had been working on was done, now the ink just needed to dry on the last page and she could put that one away. She simply moved it to the side to do so and started on another in her ‘to-do’ pile. [3/6] It all seemed never ending, and Nova was less than patient on a good day, so Kaori sent her partner off to terrorize someone else for a change. It they were lucky she would find Daichi and they would have a rip-roaring time. Or they would cause chaos and disorder and she would get yelled at. Again. It was a toss-up with those two. [4/6] Oh well, that was a bridge to burn when she got to it. Until then she would continue with her task. She was told not disclose what she read, since a few of these books were top secret, but it was nice to know she was trusted with something like this in the first place. [5/6] There were a few things that she did not think should have been learned in the first place, much less written down. But it was not her job to judge, it was her job to transcribe, so that is what she did. After a time, the amount of which she did not know the specifics, she put down her pen once more, and relaxed as she let the last of the ink dry. She was pleased, there were quite a few books and scrolls that she had managed to complete. [6/6]
OOC: Mission Completed: Transcription :: IV x3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:20 pm
To Zach:

Since it's been about a month, we're gonna keep going :/ Let us know when you are ready! So in this post, I'll have it be late afternoon/nighttime so that way you can edit your post with more training post when you return if you wish :3 Or Jon and you can come back here and do quick -flashbacks- stuffs when you return biggrin

User ImageUser Image
          User Image
          Not knowing how long she slept, she flinched slightly when she felt a kicked at her face. Woke up quickly, she went to see where the impact came from and saw the sleeping cubs as she started to remember where she was. Sat up, she felt two of the cubs rolled down as they landed on the ground with a thud, both of them complaining of the rude awakening as Yoshi stretched. Rubbed her eyes few times, she grimaced when she realized that her leg skin felt rather tight. "Aw crap." She muttered as she saw how red her legs were. Fantastic. No matter, being in Sunagakure, she started to tan very well, she just had the tendency to be red first and then darker skin-colored. At home, she had different herbs mixed with the godsend Aloe Vera to help her heal faster and quicker. She didn't realize how long she slept until she saw the sun peeking over the horizon, it was almost nighttime. "Huh?!" Why did no one wake her!? She grabbed the still awakening cubs and went into the academy. She didn't see Hikari. The cubs started to squirm against her in protest so Yoshi freed them. "Theo-sensei, where's Hikaru? Are we done training for the day?" She questioned him, wondering if he scared her comrade away or something. Her eyes glanced around and she doesn't see any tattletale signs of death such as guts, blood, and bones. Maybe even skin. So he couldn't have to kill her.

• Mission
                    • Objectives
                    • Completed
                    • Go Here

• Mission
                    • Objectives
                    • Completed
                    • Go Here

Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Valbjorn

Demonic Raider

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:40 pm
size=15]
Theodin Poe

Theo had been training with his spaz of a student for most of the afternoon, making some surprisingly decent progress before the girl had to leave. Theo was relaxing himself laying up in the rafters of the academy’s large training room, reading a book, when he heard Yoshi come back in. Looking down he’d see her put the Cubs down before they each disappeared in a small puff of smoke. Aioko had left hours ago. Rolling off the rafter, Theo would land lightly on his feet before his other student, smoothing his robe out slightly, “Yea... Hikaru split a while ago, I had kinda figured you had gone home too.” He said calmly, looking the girl over curiously before noticing the bright red tone of her skin. With a small chuckle, Theo would smirk, “Nice burn.... I take it you fell asleep in the sun somewhere...?” He’d hold up a single handsign and hold out his other hand, “Want some ice for that?” He’d offer as his hand coated over in ice. “Other than that, I guess we can be done for today.... Honestly, after everything with Hikaru today... I think I need a drink...” he’d say mostly to himself. Once Yoshi left, he would walk out of the academy himself and head towards the closest bar.

[

Physical Description

Jutsu Used:

Items Used:

Passives:

Speed - 0
Reflexes - 0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
          User Image
          Heard him chuckle and mentioned about her falling asleep, she shrugged her shoulders, "I mean, I didn't sleep at all. So that nap was nice." She tried to get a look at what he was reading but couldn't get a good view before he tucked it away in his robes somewhere. Yoshi squinted at him, wondering if he was reading some romance? Maybe fantasy? Nah. Theo seemed to be an action or adventure kind of guy. Were there any good action books? Hikaru did go home after training. Yoshi should check up on her but she figured to wait for a bit before bothering her classmate. Yoshi shook her head, "No thanks, got some herbs and aloe vera at home that I can use. See ya later!" With that, she was gone.

• Mission
                    • Objectives
                    • Completed
                    • Go Here

• Mission
                    • Objectives
                    • Completed
                    • Go Here

Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic