Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
What's your favorite Epic Destiny? (4e D&D)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:09 pm
With a lack of entertainment as of late, Merc has spent a good deal of time reading the various 4e books, more specifically, the variou Epic Destinies contained within them. A good deal of them are rather interesting from fluff perspectives, power-gaming, as well as interesting abilities. Which are your favorites?

Personally, for divine classes, Chosen is amazing on a multitude of levels and it's tied for Merc's favorite along with Eternal Defender, mor Martial classes. Dark Wanderer comes in at a close third simply because Dark Road and Not My Destiny are rather interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:17 pm
Demigod is a fine choice, and it ranks pretty high on my list. For character effect, I like Exalted Angel.

Haven't really dabbled into the other EDs though...  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sephiro-sai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:11 pm
In personal perspective, I'd say Bahamut's Vessel (from Divine Power) has to be the most interesting of all the epic destinies. Not only is it cool to have the power to change into a platinum dragon upon first death in one day, but the ways your character's story might end are very interesting. Either you become Bahamut's immortal avatar or the god has been destroyed and for him to be reborn, you must unlock the secrets of the shard that Bahamut has placed in you and sacrifice your mind, body, and even your very soul to bring birth to him again.

My second favorite is prince of hell (from Dragon #372) for some pretty cool powers also, but more of all, the story implications it could have as to how you become the prince of hell. A third favorite would have to be Immanence from Arcane Power in which your character becomes more powerful then a god itself, you become the very energy that makes up the cosmos. It has awesome powers, fairly good story implication, it's more of the thought of BEING ultimate power that awesome more than anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:23 pm
I think most of them are pretty cool, but I think the Keybearer from Dragon has some amusing implications. I also really like eternal seeker. It's a non-destiny, but free multiclass powers can be fun.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:54 pm
Dark Wanderer is sweet. I haven't spent a whole lot of time with EDs, but Doomspeaker looks cool  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games