Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[SR3] Shadowrun 3rd Edition Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you familiar with Shadowrun?
  Not at all! What is it?
  I've heard of it, and know a little ab it.
  I've played 3rd (or 2nd) Ed. before.
  I've played 4th Ed. before.
  I've played more than one version, chummer.
View Results

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:34 pm
Update - Now playing! See you in the subforum!

(Old) Update - Now recruiting! Please post if interested or if you have any questions. Details as follows:

I'm looking for 4 players, maybe 5 if there's a lot of interest. Characters will be provided; I'm going to go with my usual practice for convention games of making more characters than players. That way, no one gets stuck with the one character no one else wanted. I'd like to figure out who's playing so I can make sure people know the setting and rules.

Shadowrun is a game set in the near future, specificly 2064. Technology has produced cybernetic enhancements and computers that you control by plugging in to your brain, corporations have grown into looming giants that rival governments, and magic has returned to the world, along with 'mythical' races such as elves and trolls (not so mythical when they're riding the bus with you, eh?).

When corporations want something done but don't want the bad press, they turn to Shadowrunners (that's you), or 'deniable assets' as they call them, to do their dirty work. From sabotage to datasteals to espionage to 'silencing' unruly employees, there's a thriving demand for those cunning, powerful, or foolish enough to take the job.

Possible Characters:

[Raganui] Leadership, combat trained - A male ork with general street combat training and practical cyberware

Stealthy, British - A female human special agent, lightly cybered, recently out of work.

Thoughtful, Introspective - A dwarf with amnesia, cyberlimbs, and only 4 days of memories.

Quiet, disciplined - A blind female human adept, of the katana-wielding variety.

[possibly Plainsfox] Magical, independent - A male elf owl shaman, who knows the streets as home.

Risky, technological - A male human better at getting in to trouble than out, with vehicle and computer skills.

Convincing, inconspicuous - An obese troll used-appliance salesman, with magical powers.

Original post:
I've been batting around the idea for awhile of running an online counterpart of the Shadowrun 3rd Ed. game I'm running in real life.

Is anyone familiar with Shadowrun? Played it before? 3rd or 4th (or 2nd)? Anyone else have books? Anyone interested?

I'm not certain I want to try to run a game of it online, but either way I'm curious what people think of it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:40 pm
I have no idea what Shadowrun is, but If it is dnd 3.5e I will play.  

glitterboypilot

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:51 pm
No, Shadowrun is an entirely different game system set about 50 years in the future. It uses d6s for everything. It takes the cyberpunk genre and adds in elements from magical fantasy.

Cyberware, dragons, megacorporations, elves and trolls. And crime.  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:47 pm
I've only played 2 or 3 sessions of Shadowrun ever. It was... interesting sweatdrop

My orc used firearms as thrown projectiles. Does that make me a bad person?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:04 pm
Rain Yupa
I've only played 2 or 3 sessions of Shadowrun ever. It was... interesting sweatdrop

My orc used firearms as thrown projectiles. Does that make me a bad person?
no, but it makes for funny play-by-play commentary.  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:58 pm
I made a dwarven doctor before... he specialized in cybernetic implantation creation, maintenance, and surgery. He also wore a trenchcoat and had a concealed doublebarrel shotgun. He had an assault shotgun too, but it stayed in the car, which in turn had it's own shotgun, that did slugs instead of shot.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:56 pm
So is anyone interested in playing? I'd be willing to teach-as-we-go if people don't know the system, or have access to the books.  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:23 pm
You teach and I will play  

glitterboypilot

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:32 am
I guess I could try. What version?  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:55 am
I'm with tweedle dee and dum there.

Fox knows which one he is.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:07 am
*wonders how tweedle dum he can get*

I know! Troll Conjurer carrying massive gatling guns and can summon up spirits to carry more!  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:45 pm
Just running concepts through my head now. Night One, Oni, or troll? Hrrm....  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:36 pm
I'm mostly without internet at the moment, but that should change by Friday. In the meantime, don't mind my lack of posts here.

If I run a game, it would definitely be 3rd edition, with a bit of house-ruling in the interest of realism. I'd probably want to hand out a decent selection of pre-generated characters rather than have people make their own, for three reasons: so people who don't have access to the books will have an easier time, so the characters are not all to combat-focused, and because there's a lot of stuff from the varios expansion books that's just plain silly. I wouldn't feel comfortable allowing people to use anything but the core rules for character creation, because it's just way too easy to make utterly broken insane characters.

No promises yet on any of that; I'll figure it out once I get some players and some internet access. In the meantime, keep posting your thoughts!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:24 pm
Ok, I think I'm going to go ahead and start recruiting for this now. I'd like to know who is playing so I can explain the setting and game mechanics to anyone who's not familiar with them. I'll put further details in the first post.  

KamikaziFreak

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:30 pm
*throws his hat into the ring*  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items