Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(3.5) 2's company....(full) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

2_phatian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:07 pm
There isn't much of a game plot, deep background story, or even a world map for this game. Just an adventuring company, hiring out adventuring groups for odds and ends. I will be using Adventure mods for the missions. Because I am using adventure mods, I will accept up to 2 groups (for now, if people want to play and my time gets better then sure. I will go more) but 4 is the limit per group. So if you want to group up with your friends that is cool or if you want it to be random that is cool too.

This is my first time, trying to DM, so please be patient with me if I get some things wrong.

[ Character Sheets ]

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Complete books, Player handbook 1 & 2, Dungeon Master's Guide (for prestige classes only) Monster manual 1-4, Eberron player's handbook. Enhanced Psionics Handbook
Banned Resources: Anything not listed above

ECL: 1
Gold: Starting gold rolled out or average. Though, you can't choose the other if you don't like your roll.
Races: Anything from the listed
Ability Scores*: Roll 4d6 drop the lowest 7 times or 15 Pathfinder's point buy system. If you choose roll you cant go back and use the point buy. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores
Hit Points: Max at first then average or roll, and no take backs here ether. If you roll a 1. then you have 1 plus you constitution modifier.
Alignments: Open, just because you are evil. Doesn't mean you will kill off the whole town, or party. It just means that you place yourself above the well-being of others
Pantheon: Player's handbook
Backgrounds: Not needed but would like to have. I like reading, and it may give me an idea for an enemy you would have to face or a town to save.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]feats that give you a +2 in two skills, turn those skills into class skills from then on

2]....
3]....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:04 pm
I would be interested =3

Ahh the so easy to be killed level 1 =3

Wonder what I'll be =3

Oh if your thinking of house rules. One has been going around the guild latley.

Those feats that give you a +2 in two skills, turn those skills into class skills from then on.

I'm gonna put it in my games as well. Just started to be picked up around here n.n

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

2_phatian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:09 pm
I will use that one, thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:14 pm
Glad I could help n.n

Wonder what I'll be =/

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:37 pm
I might be interested in this game. Been meaning to get into a [4E] game, but beggar's can't be choosers. =P

Just looking through some previous character's, might bash out my Human Barb, Kamae. History is a little dark as she was invented for a reeeeeeeally gritty campaign way back when. I'll need to redo the ability scores though since I rolled for them before, and as you can see I rolled well. >.<

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:52 pm
I like it, but like you said. You have to redo the stats. But I would allow it, after  

2_phatian

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:01 pm
I'm tempted to go Wizard. But I always do =/ I'll nosey around. Maybe a psion. I never really play a psion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:16 pm
15 point stat buy? Ugh. I think I'll pass on this.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:20 pm
Damned. I missed that.

I may have to reconsider. Hard to work with such low points =/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:21 pm
You do know the point buy system is different than the one in the Dungeon Master's Guide.

And I knew, I was forgetting a book.  

2_phatian

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:25 pm
I know. I looked at the Pathfinder one.

a 16 and a 14 then the rest even tens unless you want to go into negative numbers on your remaining stats.

Seems limiting to myself =/ I'm considering Ardrant.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:29 pm
I always thought that was fun, to limit one's self. You know to play non-perfect characters. But, If I am the only one that sees it that way then I can up the points.  

2_phatian

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:30 pm
Damn, I thought it was point buy OR roll...

Those starts are pretty brutal, Kamae wouldn't work with the 15point system. I might make a new character later.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 pm
Oh I understand no charrie is perfect. That's why I usualy roll =3

I've had many charrie with bad stats which have helped shape them as charries.

Hell rolling is alot more chancy than point buy on getting a non functioning charrie XD

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:38 pm
When I point buy I usually try to include one 8 to incorporate the characters main flaw. Such as my 4E lvl 14 Wizard has 21int and 9str, so he can be arrogant and smart assed, but up close he's an absolute coward.

I also think it helps with backgrounds. Like my Fighter from a couple years back had an 8 for int, so I made him young with a really happy background. He's stupid because he's lived such a simple life. Such a funny guy to play though. >.<  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff