Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Tomb of Horrors

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:22 pm
So, I was perusing Amazon today, and saw that WOTC have redone Tomb of Horrors for 4th ed, and are releasing it on the 20th of July. I was wondering if anyone was going to get this/would be willing to run this on Gaia. Since I am only 20, I never played the original ToH, but it was supposedly 'impossible to beat' or near enough because of ridiculous traps and such. The new version of this super adventure is designed to take characters from 10th level to 22nd level, pretty crazy. So yeah, thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:54 pm
10th to 22nd level? O______o'

Funny. I would have imagined it should have been 'designed to take characters from 10th level to the grave'.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:04 pm
I have yet to play it in either 3.0-3.x, and they're already making it for 4.0?! o.O;

LOL, they must of 'loosened' up the Tome since their last update if the characters are capable of getting lvl 10-22, considering the last one was lvl 9-14 'ish', and the original was about lvl 10-16.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:39 pm
*RAISING HIS HAND IN CAPS LOCK*  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:35 pm
I would do 3.5 of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:48 pm
i actually have 3.5 but i'd rather see what 4e does.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:45 am
Rain Yupa

Funny. I would have imagined it should have been 'designed to take characters from 10th level to the grave'.

xp Yeah I'd heard it was really really hard, have you played it before Rain? What do you remember most about it if you have?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
o.o I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it.  

5Crispy

Deadusernamelol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:01 am
Ha ha, Tomb of Horrors brings back memories. I'd be interested in playing in a game.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 am
[EC2] Carthinator
Ha ha, Tomb of Horrors brings back memories. I'd be interested in playing in a game.
i need to find 1e's version of it.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:16 am
I'd love to play Tomb of Horrors. >.< Death at every turn is a pretty exciting prospect. =P

If only so I can get the "I survived the Tomb of Horror's" bumper sticker!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:29 am
I think I'd want to try it. Play serious, see how long it takes my dice to get me killed.

Alternatively, synergize something insane that may or may not work with Rain. From the sounds of it this may be a little too much for the gnome-brothers to handle though.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
NayrVentess
Rain Yupa

xp Yeah I'd heard it was really really hard, have you played it before Rain? What do you remember most about it if you have?

Nope! With the exception of jumping in halfway through Arc's 'Keep on the Shadowfell', I've never ran nor played in a module or pregen game ever.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:50 am
Rain Yupa
NayrVentess
Rain Yupa

Nope! With the exception of jumping in halfway through Arc's 'Keep on the Shadowfell', I've never ran nor played in a module or pregen game ever.

No I steer clear of them too. The only one I've ever done was a 3.5 Faerun one, can't remember the name, but it was about Orc's in Thar doing some crazy s**t. We did two sessions and then were like, meh, this is crap razz  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out