Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The start of the Rest of you life: Chapter one; Betrayal Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:26 pm
Poe, An ancient city built into and on the side of a mountain. Impossable to assault, and thanks to a link to the Elemental Plane of water it was impossible to starve out the residents. But the hardest thing to believe, is in the course of 8 hours nearly 5,000 plus people died, with no rhyme or reason.

That event was six years ago, The King of the Dori kingdom, had taken over the city after the instance but had keeped the city gates locked and manned to keep people out. Though he has opened the ruins to exploration. He said you can keep anything of value you find. He is just wants to know what happend, worried that it would come to his kingdom.

You and your group has been given the first chance to explore the city... After a long trip up nearly five thousand feet up a set of stairs.

When you reached the top, where the only entrence is and where the guards was, The gates was open and the guards was no where insight. Written on the floor a few feet inside the gates was, 'Forfeit your quest or forfeit your life.' in blood.... Enter or leave your choice...

(Occ/Character/Rule page)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:10 am
"3 gold says they didn't both go inside and empty there bladders at the same time"

The commnt came from a small figure. One would be forgiven for thinking the small figure was a child. Though the Bright stone around his neck and the chain shirt under his tunic went against this very quickly.

Looking arouind the others around him, he patted the many facted gem around his neck, a perfectly cut stone. a flicker of light could be seen at all times in it.

"Anyone else still want to go in?" The gnome asked as he made his way over to the words on the ground, inspecting the scrawl of blood.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

gamingguru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:02 pm
The silent man looks over the words infront of him then straightens himself before proceding into the door. The warning doing nothing to shake his resolve. This scourge would not plauge the rest of the lands as long as he drew breath.

He waved for the others to follow as he passed over the writing. Some thing evil dwelled here and he would destroy it!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:24 pm
The half-elf looks at the scrawl of blood, looks at the ruined city, and fingers the weapons on his back. He hopes that three spears, two clubs and a quarterstaff will be enough to tackle whatever is in the city.

He looks at his money pouch, wondering if the king would find out about him taking anything, or the members in his group saying anything.

"Well, if everyone else is doing it..."

The half-elf edges past the blood scrawl, fearing that something might be set off.  

Slave Xaccheus

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:56 pm
The tall man, brown hair loose aside from a leather bandanna, eyed the words for a moment, appearing to read them, just so he didn't seem left out. Sure, he couldn't read, but that didn't mean he didn't like to seem as if he could.

Drawing the longsword from it's shoulder harness, he gripped it in his right hand, the cloth wraps of the big fist dirty. His left came over in front of him, leather and metal groaning as the spike gauntlet flexed. Korac moved in slowly, determined to be near the front should trouble arise.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:02 pm
Idly braiding the tips of her hair, Isaz plants her shoe on the start of the warning and drags it across until everything is illegible. With a cold and emotionless voice, "If they die then they weren't diligent enough to be guards."  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Drugged Lolli rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:46 pm
Tik'tek'tok, "Tik" to most humanoids, clicked a few times to herself and glided forward, easily moving ahead of the rest before slowing to search the ground ahead for any signs of recent activity.

((Survival check +10 to find tracks
...for a total of 11... this seems like a very bad start.))

Slave Xaccheus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:09 pm
((Alright, as a heads-up, I've prepared Light, Create Water, Resistance, Cure Minor Wounds, Flare, Shillelagh, Produce Flame, Summon Nature's Ally 1, Bull's Strength, Flame Blade, Bear's Endurance, Cure Moderate Wounds, and Call Lightning))

Laucien drew a spear from his back with his right hand, holding his quarterstaff in the left. He felt it would be better to have his weapons drawn now rather than wasting time when he really needed them out.

His heartbeat began to quicken, the adrenaline beginning to wake him up to his combat instincts. He reigned it in; there was no need to rage right now. He would save his limited whirling frenzies until he desperately needed them.

((EDIT: I was originally going to do a survival check, but then I found out that I'm untrained. I was going to look for tracks, too. But, now just ignore the roll.))  

Slave Xaccheus

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:38 am
[You can perform Survival untrained... just so you know.]

Thy'lis breathed heavy as the trek up the stairs took a lot out of him. He braced himself against the wall looking down at the message on the ground, as he wiped the sweat from his brow. He listened to the others comments or their silence in some cases. He couldn't help but wonder if the King of this city wouldn't have been more smart to send an investigation party before he moved his troops in. Now there may be sense less deaths or worse innocents in the way. And it maybe hard to tell them from the enemy.

Thy'lis made his way through the gate inspecting the blood for a moment trying to determine how long ago it was that the blood was written, by when or if it had dried.
He said nothing as he inspected the blood, he seemed rather focused on what he was doing.

[I would take a wild guess and say a heal check could help tell me how old the blood is? Or if you have another skill in mind I am all for it just let me know.]  
Slave Xaccheus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:52 am
((However, I am trained in spot)).

Laucien looked around, trying to see if anything was following him or nearby. The whole place screamed Necropolis, or something along those lines. Laucien was bracing for undead, but he knew that he could take no chances.

Laucien looked over his traveling companions, trying to see which ones would be the biggest asset in a fight and which ones he could let go. If combat erupted, Laucien knew that he wouldn't be able to keep healing everyone.

((Okay, five added to nine is fourteen... geez, this dice roller is designed to suck, isn't it?))  

Slave Xaccheus

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:26 pm
From a small pouch on his waist, the gnome pulled out a hooded lanturn and a pint jug of oil. Setting the lamp down and opening a small cover, he carfully poured the viscous oil in with a steady hand.

Draining the last few drops he corked the bottle and placed it back into the small bag on his side. A little flame began to burn in the lanturn as the gnome lit it. A turn of a cog on the side caused it to fill the area with a steady glow.

"May as well see everything we can" he said holding the lanturn up.

"Anyone else think it would be a good idea to report this to the rest of the guards?" the gnome more surggested than asked. Though still in a polite tone.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:50 pm
"I don't agree with you at all gnome. What possible reason would be served in telling the other guards? ... Other than thinning out the incompotent ones. Actually that fine by me. In the end, all that's gonna happen is they will either do nothing or they will commence a search. Neither outcome will help us in anyway. I say we press on and get this job done." Pulling out a small iron rod with a gold-color tip, Isaz taps it on her hands while waiting for the others.  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:13 pm
Laucien looked back at his comrades, still only just in front of the blood markings. He wanted a fight, or something. But, as it stood, everyone was just standing around waiting for something to happen. Laucien decided to try and strike up a conversation.

"What I want to know is why we can't keep any of the stuff we find. You'd at least think some reward would be in order when we find out whatever caused the whole silent village cliche. Why are we even out here? Do we have an incentive?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Tik glanced back at Laucien. "You need to clean those ears out half-snack," she said in a clicking voice. "We can keep what we find. The King just wants to know what caused the deaths here."

Drugged Lolli

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:13 pm
Laucien winced at Tik's comment. He was inwardly cursing his role-player for his astigmatism that seemed to start working at the worst of times. He decided that he should just try to salvage the situation.

"That's another thing, though. Why bother going into some busted up ghost town to loot the place when there's a ton of other cool places? I mean, think about this. There seems to be more adventurers in the world than there are people who don't give a crap about fame and fortune. I guarantee that if we just went to the nearest town and said, "Hey, there's a recently living town that isn't now up over yonder. The treasure is yours if you can take it and report back to the king to find out what in Pelor's name caused it." we'd be able to go off somewhere else, get some real spoils, and everyone's happy. The King has his info, the adventurers have whatever cool item is around here, and we have whatever relates to what we took on."  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff