Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
PHB3 I got mine, and It's pretty sweet Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:08 am
so apparently the PHB3 got released early at my FLGS. I am overall quite satisfied with it. I can dish if anyone wants, but I just want to put this right out front: I love the shardmind, this race combines a lot of things i like about other races with a pretty cool and defining back story that could still easily be messed with to make a unique character. I really think my next character has to be a shard mind, it just has too many features i've wanted to play with all in one package.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:14 am
Once i get my copy, i am SO abusing the monk class. xd  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:40 am
you got it early! Wha...Fl...bis...he...grrrrr lol, I'm happy for you... Ya rat b*****d... xp Any insanley cool things in there?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:17 am
i technically have a copy on the builder, but i'm in the process of getting the other core books on my person.

WHY must they make them so flippin' expensive?????  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:26 am
NayrVentess
you got it early! Wha...Fl...bis...he...grrrrr lol, I'm happy for you... Ya rat b*****d... xp Any insanley cool things in there?
I was surprised as anyone when they were on the shelf, but i'm not waiting another week or two to buy it. xp

Like I said, the shardmind really wowed me: living construct with telepathy, racial resistance (to psychic, but still fun), and a racial teleport power (that makes enemies grant combat advantage to boot). I'm in love.

superior implements, which basically combine superior weapons with masterwork armor (particularly the AV and PHB2 sorts). you need to take a feat for superior implement proficiency, and each of them have some bonus properties, like increased attack, damage, longer range, defense bonus, etc.

a few weapon-based heroic feats and overall the new feats looks pretty useful but nothing that jumps out and screams awesome. I didn't really dig the psionic classes in the DDI previews, but looking over them in all their glory I'm warming up to them, but not many surprises if you've seen the DDI previews. the seeker's second build is based around thrown weapons which i didn't see coming, even though it's strength-secondary. and there's a monk PPath that lets you turn into a dragon at lv20.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:28 pm
shardmind was exactly what I was thinking... but still a surpise considering they had Warforge already  

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:32 pm
SporkMaster5000
NayrVentess
I was surprised as anyone when they were on the shelf, but i'm not waiting another week or two to buy it. xp

Like I said, the shardmind really wowed me: living construct with telepathy, racial resistance (to psychic, but still fun), and a racial teleport power (that makes enemies grant combat advantage to boot). I'm in love.

superior implements, which basically combine superior weapons with masterwork armor (particularly the AV and PHB2 sorts). you need to take a feat for superior implement proficiency, and each of them have some bonus properties, like increased attack, damage, longer range, defense bonus, etc.

a few weapon-based heroic feats and overall the new feats looks pretty useful but nothing that jumps out and screams awesome. I didn't really dig the psionic classes in the DDI previews, but looking over them in all their glory I'm warming up to them, but not many surprises if you've seen the DDI previews. the seeker's second build is based around thrown weapons which i didn't see coming, even though it's strength-secondary. and there's a monk PPath that lets you turn into a dragon at lv20.

So...... Drehnach the dragonborn druid multiclasses into monk? >_>  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:50 pm
Hybrid Monk/Fighter comes to mind  

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:17 pm
Rain Yupa
So...... Drehnach the dragonborn druid multiclasses into monk? >_>
he could, the primal predator build synchs up with one of the monk builds. though the path has a feature that keys off strength. and the dragon power gives a bonus specifically to only powers from the monk or the path, so you'd be getting less bang for your buck, but if you try you could definitely get away with it, and do it in style. very dragony style.

edit: and for bonus points, you could use a Staff of Draconic power as the implement for both classes.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:02 pm
SporkMaster5000
The seeker's second build is based around thrown weapons which i didn't see coming, even though it's strength-secondary.

Awesome. >.< I made a seeker that used Javelin as a main weapon on CB, but it wouldn't let me use it for any of the powers. Though this makes the class awesome. Bow just makes the class seem like a slightly altered version of the ranger IMHO.  

joe-dude667

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:08 pm
joe-dude667
SporkMaster5000
The seeker's second build is based around thrown weapons which i didn't see coming, even though it's strength-secondary.

Awesome. >.< I made a seeker that used Javelin as a main weapon on CB, but it wouldn't let me use it for any of the powers. Though this makes the class awesome. Bow just makes the class seem like a slightly altered version of the ranger IMHO.
well it does still bear a striking resemblance to the ranger (especially given the MP2 builds), with a few melee or ranged powers that require thrown weapons.

then again, i'm cool with a magical ranger as a separate class.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:33 am
When you said that the Monk can turn into a dragon, my very first thought was:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

iDragow

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:30 am
joe-dude667
SporkMaster5000

Joe, are you going to get the PHB3? Coz I am interested, and will get it eventually, but if you get it straight away, ill leave it for a couple of months and just read yours xp  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:00 am
Haven't decided yet. I probably will, though not 100% sure. If I do it won't be till after Easter. Depends how my money is after the break.  

joe-dude667

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:05 pm
iDragow
When you said that the Monk can turn into a dragon, my very first thought was:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

... I'm disappointed in myself for not thinking of that D:  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces