they retire to Florida
  we ignore Rome and keep honoring them
  they become an artifiact of culture and not a real person
  they may be un heaven somewhere and we still get chocolate
  dunno
View Results

chessiejo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:20 am
i guess saint Valentine is now an ex-saint?

and so is saint Christopher...

where do these guys go after retirement?

and what do we do with their medals and holidays and stuff?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:11 am
Interesting. What did they do to get demoted? XD  

Uadzit
Crew

Ghostly Shapeshifter

Tambergal

Blessed Elder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:15 am
O.O i didn't know that was possible.......  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:29 am
yeh they review there status every so often

if questions have been raised about the historical record

i spose it is like a job performance review?

i'm sorry, that was not very respectful.

this is just a blog but according to her Valentine is still a saint but we are told to ignore him these days
"in 1969 the Catholic Church struck Saint Valentine's Day from its liturgical calendar as part of a series of multicultural reforms that de-emphasized Roman or Italian saints. The saints were not de-canonized or declared nonexistent but merely suffered liturgical demotion and more or less disappeared. "

http://mouseski.blogspot.com/2010/02/valentines-meme-comment-and-my-reply.html

but then there is this, from a more official seeming source:
"St. Valentine, strictly speaking, is not a saint.

That’s because there is so little known about the third-century priest or bishop, Valentinus, who came to be regarded as the patron saint of lovers, says the Rev. Peter Rogers, pastor of St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Newman Center."

http://4thepriests.wordpress.com/2010/02/12/st-valentine-strictly-speaking-is-not-a-saint/

as for Chris,
"The one-time Catholic patron saint of travellers, Saint Christopher -- whose name means "Christ carrier" -- is not mentioned in the Bible. While there may have been a 3rd century Greek martyr named Christopher, the story told of him is now generally acknowledged to be a 12th century addendum to the Christian canon. Christopher is typically depicted as a tall, middle-aged, bearded man with a staff who wades across a river carrying the Christ child on his shoulders....

Christopher was a widely popular saint, and was especially revered by mariners, ferrymen, and travellers. HIs feast day was July 25th, except in Greece, where it was celebrated on March 9th. In modern times a major center of his cult was in Italy and among Italian-Americans, a fact that did not stop the Vatican from de-canonizing him during a late 20th century purge of the list of saints. Saint Christopher medals and holy cards are more difficult to find now that his status has been downgraded to that of a mere legend, but they are still being manufactured ..."

http://www.luckymojo.com/saintchristopher.html  

chessiejo

6: Pansophic Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces