[IC] Wi Ile Anpo's Teepee Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soquili

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:07 pm
User Image
Welcome to the home of Wi Ile Anpo and her soquili!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dancer's Stats
Strength-100%
Courage-100%
Speed-100%
Intelligence-100%
Luck-100%
Stamina-100%

User Image

Wambli's Stats
Strength-100%
Courage-100%
Speed-100%
Intelligence-100%
Luck-100%
Stamina-100%

Hanhepi's Stats:
Strength-100%
Courage-100%
Speed-100%
Intelligence-100%
Luck-100%
Stamina-100%

Ksapa's stats:
Strength: 80%
Courage: 76%
Speed: 73%
Intelligence: 78%
Luck: 77%
Stamina: 74%

User Image

User Image

User Image

The Teepee
They live in a teepee located at the forest edge.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:29 pm
User Image

Post 1: Soquili Post
Post 2: Information, please!
Post 3: The Story Thus Far
Post 4: Look at us!
Post 5: Gotta have Friends
Post 6: Familiar
Post 7: Stuff!
Post 8: Prezzies
Post 9: Fan art

Rules
1. No god mode please!
2. Please don't post without asking! (unless you are dropping of a giftie!)  

Harperking

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:42 pm
User Image

User Image
Wambli Zikala ~ Sky Seeking Bird (Lakota Sioux) Wambli was gifted to Wi Ile Anpo, who raised the soquili and loves her dearly. Wambli is mated to Jewel the Unicorn.

User Image
This is Wi Ile Anpo, Wambli's human friend. Wambli refers to her as Talker, because Anpo told Wambli lots of stories when she was a foal.

Wambli's Stats 5/24
Strength-65%
Courage-62%
Speed-70%
Intelligence-71%
Luck-65%
Stamina-65%

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:48 pm
User Image

User Image
Dancer is a wild stallion, wary of humans. He came from the mountains in search of other soquili after tragedy befell his own herd.

Running over rock pastures
Under an autumn moon,
I stand on cliff's that peak at cloud's point,
I stand under winter's pale sun
And under the rains of spring
I am the Dancer!
And the scent of wild thyme floats from my mane!

Dancer is a cosplay of the Appaloosa God from Heavenly Horse from the Outermost West  

Harperking

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:54 pm
User Image

Name: Wi Ile Anpo (Sun Burning at Dawn)
Physical Appearance: Slender and tall, Anpo is physically strong from the years of hunting and travel. She wears simple buckskin breeches and shirt most of the time, but in her few possesions from her home she has a beautiful intricately beaded and dyed outfit made for her by Waniyetu Gi (her mother) and Hca Wanahca (her sister). Her long black hair is held back in a braid wrapped with a leather strip at the end. She occasionally will wear a feather hanging from the braid either at the top or from the leather binding. She sometimes wears two braids as well, both wrapped and feathered.
Anpo is Lakota Sioux, so she would have darker skin and native features. Being wicakte she wears men's clothing and uses hunting spears and bow

Ayita & Foalen - These were the first two that Anpo met when she came to the village. They have been good friends - Ayita especially likes Anpo's ready supply of sweet corn! xd

Rikka - the very first winged soquili Wambli ever met. Rikka was the one who showed Wambli that soquili could indeed fly, and helped the young mare find the skies.

Jewel - Ahhh... young love! heart Jewel is Wambli's mate. They met quite by accident and she was immediatly drawn to this pure white soquili with the odd "antler" in the middle of his forehead!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:00 pm
User Image

Right now, Wambli doesn't have a familiar. One day that may change! heart  

Harperking

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:07 pm
User Image

These are the official plushies and items we have gotten from the shop!

User Image User Image

User ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:10 pm
User Image

User Image This kachina was left by Princess Soquili as a gift!

This feather talisman was given by Foalen!
User Image

User Image
A rose that Jewel left for Wambli heart heart  

Harperking

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:12 pm
User Image

User Image
This is an Elemental Uni version of Wambli! heart

User Image
Jewel (and dusty smile ) had this made for us!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:19 pm
User Image

Harperking

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:26 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:27 pm
User Image

Harperking

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:28 pm
User Image

This is Anpo's first appearance: (Page 408 main thread)
Harperking
Wi Ile Anpo stopped at the top of the high ridge. Stretching below her she could see the plains, intersected by a wide meandering river. Hitching her pack a little further up her back, she worked her way down a faint trail, zigzagging along the hillside until he came to the bottom. Resting there, she took bearings of where she was. She took a long drink from her waterskin, made for her journey by her Ina from a cured deer's stomach. After a few moments of thought, she began to run in a slow lope towards the distant river.

Foalen
Down at the river's edge Ayita's long ears twitch as she heard someone approching from above and looked up to see if was someone she knew. Glad she wasn't interested in plunging into the river Foalen followed the little painted filly as she trotted over to investigate this new person.

Twiddle

Aiyana fianlly reached the river, looking down into the clear water she set the basket down a safe distance from it. Smiling she began to hum a soft happy tune. She sat down, sticking her bare feet into the rivers cool liquid. She laughed a little as she saw a few colored fish started to nibble at her toes, and she laid down in the grass watching the sky again. She glanced to her basket, lightly touching the little strings at the front, hoping the soul inside would come out to greet her soon.

Foalen
Ayita paused to look down at Aiyana as if torn between wanting to go and look at the sorce of the sound that had attrated her and staying to greet the woman before her. The brown and white filly settled on a compramise whinning at the newcomer and noseing the basket gently before heading up the slope.

Laughing Foalen bowed to Aiyana while keeping one eye on the foal's progress.

Harperking
Anpo slowed as she heard the soft sound of tiny hooves shusshing on the grasses ahead of her. SHe didn't want to frighten what sounded like a young horse, since hr love of the creatures extended even to those that she had never met. Thinking with the quickness that those she knoew would recognize, she dropped to the ground and sat, waiting for the young one to either go by or find her there.

Twiddle
Aiyana blinked as the small foal looked at her and she smiled at it. Looking up at Foalen she smiled and waved a little as she stood up, picking up her basket. "Hello." She said, a little bit shy.

Foalen
When the sound she had been following stopped suddenly, Ayita paused where she was to look around for a moment. Finding a lone stranger sitting in the grass she leapped forward springing up the trail happily to greet this new person as Foalen followed behind with a bemused expression.

Ayita stopped in her tracks to and glanced down to get a better look at this new person.

Harperking
Anpo wasn't startled by the filly's appearance. She had expected it, especially as the slight wind had shifted and had brought to her the earthy scent of horse right before her appearance. She reached out a hand in greeting, with an offering of a dry bit or frybread in it.
"Hau, wind sister!" she said in a soft voice.

Foalen
Ayita tilted her head to the side as she was addressed. She didn't know what the meaning of the words were, but she sensed it was a greeting and wickered at Anpo in greeting as Foalen came up from behind her.

The young man smiled in respons to Anpo's greeting of Ayita and bowed as he rplied. "Hau, may the spirits look kindly upon you."

Harperking
Sensing that there was more to this newcomer than she could see with her outer eye, Anpo offered her arm in the formal greeting.
"Ohan, Wicahcala," She said in a low voice. "I am Wi Ile Anpo. I have been led here by Wakan Takan on a quest."

(picking up a little later, on page 508 main thread)
Foalen
After examining the seated human for a moment Ayita looked back at the young man who had taken care of her ever since she had been placed into her basket. Foalen nodded reasureingly to the painted filly as he made his own greetingi.

Harperking
Anpo slowly stood and gathered her carrysack and water skin from the ground. Looking around, she broke into a big smile.
"This is the place I Dreamed of!" she said with a laugh. turning around slowly she took in the surroundings. After a moment, she gave a loud whoop of joy and threw her arms aout wide like she was embracing the whole earth.

Foalen
Ayita really didn't understand why the human had jumped up and suddenly seemed so happy but she certianly could sense the happyness behind the action and the feeling was catchy. Rearing back a little she danced in place whinning in a falling cadence that sounded very close to human laughter.

Foalen moved back out of the way so his excitable friend wouldn't accidently step on him in her enthusiasim a bemused smile on his sun burnished face. Though his attention deepened when he heard the word dream. "I'm glad you found what you were seeking. I too am a dream seeker. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Harperking
Before composing herself again, Anpo shared the laughter of the young filly.
I was on my vision quest, as Inyan, our shaman had bade me when he declared me to be the son of my father though I am a female. In my dreams I saw this place, and the magnificent creatures here as well. Inyan said that I must find this place and then Wakan Tanka would reveal my Way." She grinned as she finished. "I hope your people will accept the humble assistance I may offer and allow me to stay."

Syrran
Lequoia sighed. She hated to do this but she didn't want to leave the bear here any longer. Scavengers would come soon and then it would became a disaster. She leaned down and smiled at Taima who was still nudgling and nuzzling her, biting at her clothing to get her to move away from the dead bear. " Come on"
Tai was glad to see that she was finally listening to him. He turned on his haunches and bolted back down the path straight towards the village. After a few moments he realized that Lequoia wouldn't be able to keep up the same pace so he slowed to keep with her. When they reached the opening to the village he could hear Lequoia breathing heavily and he finally turned back and looked at her. He could tell she was still upset about something.
Lequoia looked about and saw Foalen with his filly and some other women near him. She didn't know any of them. She recovered her breath and walked up to them. " Hello, my name is Lequoia and this is my colt Taima. Unfortunately him and another foal got into some trouble which resulted in a slain bear. I would really hate for such a creature to go to waste. Can either of you help me bring it back to the village so that it can be put to some sort of use?"

Foalen
Foalen was a little surpised to hear that somone else had been sent out on vision quest by their shaman had come wandering here. Though that was where their stories differed, he wouldn't be confirmed as the cheifs son if he had his vison and returned but as the shaman's heir. He was about to explain that he wasn't from this area himself when Lequoia came running up with her colt along side of her. The shaman in training bowed to the pair. "I'd be glad to offer any help I can. One mustn't waste the bounty given by the spirits."

Harperking
Seeing the newcomer and her colt, Anpo quickly gave a quick bow. "Ohan," she said in greeting. "Though new here I am willing to help you."

Foalen
Seeing Tai Ayita pranced over to the younger foal with a neigh and nuzzled greeting. She hadn't seen many soquili as small or smaller than herself before and she was intriged.

Syrran
Tai had forgotten all about the bear and was focusing on the filly now. Perhaps he could make another friend? His tail flicked this way and that and his ears were straight forward at full attention
She nodded. " Thankyou." She turned swiftly on her heal but didn't run on the way back as she had been exhausted by the whole ordeal. Her normally sleek straight black hair was tousled and messy. Her face was blank from expression but her posture was a bit more lax than normal. She had gotten so worried about Taima that it drained all the energy out of her.
Tai, who had been inching towards the filly realized that Lequoia was walking back to the forest. He didn't want to go and was very reluctant to go back.

Foalen
Ayita watched as her human friend turned to follow the new human she started to fall in behind them when she noticed that the handsome young colt seemed reluctant come along. Looking back at him she wuffled reasuringingly swishing her tail playfully.

Harperking
Looping her waterskin and sakc over her shoulder with the long thongs on htem, Anpo began following Lequoia. She laughed inside as she saw the young colt trying to decide if her wanted to follow or stay and play with what could be a new friend. He reminded her of her sister's son the way he couldn't decide!

Syrran
Tai gave a playful snort and pranced over to her. Sniffing her by the muzzle. He liked meeting new foals! He reared up and leaned over her back nuzzling her playfully before sliding back off again and kept walking.
She kept walking until the reached the clearing where the bear stil lay. " Okay now here would be the difficult part"

Harperking
Anpo stared at the slain creature. She had heard tales of such beings, but had never seen one up close before. Bears really didn't dwell on the plains of her home.
"You killed this yourself? You are truely blessed then!" she said in amazement. "Such a hide is a fair prize among my people. Do you wish to keep the meat as well, or offer it back to Wakan Tanka?"

Syrran
"Hiabi did. You see the arrow in its neck? That was hers. I was here but I doubt my daggers would have done anything to stop it. I'm not from around here and while I have seen bears and been on hunting parties for such beasts I am much more acussutomed to my homelands creatures. I am not sure what we will do with it to be honest"

Foalen
Kneeling down next to the bear Foalen dug around in his ever present medicine bag. Taking out a small skin of water he poured it over the bear in offering to the spirit that had departed. Speaking words of thanks for it's great sacrifice that would enable others to live on.

Harperking
Anpo watched as the young shaman thanked the spirits. It was good, she thought, to see that no matter where they lived the People remembered to thank those who allowed themselved to die for them to live. Setting down her stuff, she reached down and untied her longknife from its sheath on her leg. It was strong and sharp - a gift from her father for the journey.

Syrran
Lequoia stood by silently. Her hair shrouding her face as the shaman in training did his ritual. Even now such things seemed unfamiliar. Her own tribe did such things after all, yet it wasn't the same. As much as she loved this place. She was pained by the fact that she would never see her own people again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:31 pm
User Image

(p587 main thread)
Harperking
Anpo watches the antics of the people around her. It was good to see such a celebration fro new life.

Foalen
Seeing Anpo Ayita stops her dance and races over to greet young woman, the draw of the new baskets loosing to a friend who the soquili knows might just have treats hiding somewhere on her person. Whistling gleefully she starts a new dance around Anpo stopping to give Anpo a hopefull look as she reaches out her head for a scratch.

Syrran
Tai spotted Ayita. He remebered her. She was much more outgoing than Kourin. He bounded over to her and sniffed her in greeting. His tail swishing this way and that and his feet stomping at bit as fly began to agitate him. The flies were finally dying down for the season, but they were still a nusance every now and then. His small whiskers brushed against Ayitas flank as he continued to sniff.

Harperking
Anpo laughed at the brightly coated filly's antics.
"Greetings there, wind sister! I bet I know what you are looking for!" she said brightly. Reaching down into her belt pouch, she pulled out a bit of sweetcorn she had put in there for just such a purpose. She held out her hand to the filly and offered it to her.

Foalen
Looking down at the touch, Ayita wuffled softly at Tai, a sound like laughter ringing warming in the cooling air. Lowering her head closer to his she looked her smaller friend in the eye her own sparkling merrily.

Harperking
Seeing the other colt appear beside Ayita, Anpo took the corn and divided it between her two hands, offering one to each foal.

Syrran
His peircing blue eyes met her gaze and he gave a soft low nicker. He nipped at her muzzle playfully and shook his head, his mane now strewn all over the place and his forelock caught on his ear. His ear swiveled to get it out of the way before prancing about her wanting to play.EDIT: But not before happily munching on anpo's sweet corn. He nudged her in thanks before continuing to trot about, flicking his feet out in a gracefully, almost girlish manner.

Foalen
Wickering in glee Ayita accepted her prize with fairly good maners for one of her age and even offered a gentle head butt in return giving Anpo a good nuzzling in the process.

Foalen
Following Tai, Ayita sped up just enough for a quick nuzzle against his flank and then turned tail heading away from her friend as quickly as her legs could carry her while she glanced back over her shoulder to see if he was going to accept the invitation to chase her.

Watching the foals antics Foalen wandered over to Anpo and nodded a greeting to her. "Do you mind if I sit with you for a while?"

Syrran
Lequoia looked up from her book and saw that Taima was playing with Ayita. She scanned the horizon for Foalen and found him next to another girl. She smiled and stood. Closing her book and dropping it to find at another point in the evening. She walked over to the two and her smiled warmed. Her necklace bounced against her clavicle before settling into the crook of her neck again. " Hello there Foalen. " She looked over to Anpo " Hello there, I am Lequoia." She extended her hand in greeting.

Harperking
"Ohan, Lequoia, I am We Ile Anpo," Anpo quickly stood and offerend her hand in greeting. Gesturing to the two frolicking foals, she aded "Looks like they have caught the feel of the wind in thier blood!"

Syrran
She embraced the other womans hand in gretting and laughed. " Yes well I think Tai is just happy to do anything that involves others. He has been doing very well with his imprinting and I am very proud of him. Despite all his playfullness and the trouble he gets himself into, he always knows when its time to be serious. That little colt surprises me everyday" She was very proud of her foal. He was everything she ever could have wanted and he gave her a tie to this place, making it home. Something she hadn't had in a very long time. She sat down and held her legs close to her chest, thumbing her pendant as she watched the foals.

Harperking
Anpo dropped back to the ground with the others.
"It is always so with the young. They learn so fast, and sometimes seem to have knowldge beyond what their elders posess"
She fingered the sheath to her knife as she spoke. Her young nephew was one such, she thought. It had been to no ones suprise when the Wise One had claimed him as an apprentice.

Foalen
"All the soquili amaze me. Ayita is a little knowlage seeker. She wants to know about everything, right now if not sooner." Foalen laughed as he looked over at the the two frolicing foals and the larger stallion who had joined them. "I have a feeling I am gowing to learn a great deal more about the world and its workings with her to watch over. It is one of the great truths that you can not teach another without learning a few things yourself. "

Syrran
She nodded. "That is quite true." She laughed as the two foals met up with Chev and shook her head. " Tai is such a fun colt" She dropped her hand from about her neck and ran a finger down a long blade of grass near by.

Harperking
Anpo looked from one companion to another, and listened. SHe was still adjusting to the ways of this tribe and knew the best way to learn was to observe. She let her mind wander a bit as she watched the foals play, surprised a little when a stallion joined them. She knew that these were not ordinary horses, but scenes like that really reminded her that she was far from the plains of her home.

Harperking

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:32 pm
User Image

Teepees

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items