Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uadzit
Crew

Ghostly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:18 am
Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for "fifth of May") is a regional holiday in Mexico, primarily celebrated in the state of Puebla, with some limited recognition in other parts of Mexico. The holiday commemorates the Mexican army's unlikely defeat of French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of Mexican General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín.

The outnumbered Mexicans defeated a much better-equipped French army that had known no defeat for almost 50 years. However, Cinco de Mayo is not "an obligatory federal holiday" in Mexico, but rather a holiday that can be observed voluntarily.

While Cinco de Mayo has limited significance nationwide in Mexico, the date is observed in the United States and other locations around the world as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride. However, a common misconception in the United States is that Cinco de Mayo is Mexico's Independence Day, which actually is September 16 (dieciséis de septiembre in Spanish), the most important national patriotic holiday in Mexico.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:09 pm
Too many people in USA think it's a really important holiday to all Hispanic people...  

Melita 999

chessiejo

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:35 pm
our local people have decided it is a fine time to get drunk.

on St Paddy's day we are all irish (i am 1/2)

and on May 5 we are all Mexicanos

or at least out searching for tequila.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:21 pm
I love how so many Spanish restaurants have CINCO DE MAYO! celebrations to whore in customers. . . and they seem to work.
I'm just waiting for Taco Bell to do a Cinco de Mayo celebration haha  

Idontexistdeleteme

chessiejo

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:39 am
yo quiero tequila bell  
6: Pansophic Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items