Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 39: Spirituality.
Tarot, Divination of the Inner Self

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you Tarot?
  Is that a kind of dance move or something?
  I am a great divinator.
  It's evil because my religion says so.
  My psychic does that for me.
  I love Tarot!
  I dabble... =/
View Results

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:00 pm
Okay, I'm just here to open a discussion of tarot, its interpretations, and any experiences.

Personally, I've never used tarot before, but I'm reading about it, and I find it very, very interesting. I'm thinking about buying a deck, but I figure I should choose carefully, you know?

I've heard of people using a regular deck of playing cards before, but I've never actually seen it. The only problem is, a deck of playing cards has 52 cards while a tarot deck has... 72, or was it 74? So how do they fix that? razz

Anyway, feel free to post! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:41 am
I love Tarot but I don't do it myself, but I do think its interesting.  

Blazing Phoenix23

Dapper Werewolf

7,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100

uPrincess Bubblegum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:14 pm
My friend practices tarot reading, and sometimes does one for us... the problem is, there are many different forms of reading, but the simplest (That I know of) is the simple prediction and past present future cards.
what she has us do for our reading, is to shuffle all the cards, however we'd like, as long as we'd like. while we shuffle, we think of a question we'd like to ask (will I have a happy marriage, even with my particular past?, for example). when you're ready, you divide them into the seperate piles. the first pile represents the past, then present, then future. This all depends on the question you ask before, however. So, all the reader does is flip the cards over (it also matters if they are upside down or not. upside down=opposite). Also, depending on the cards you have, she or he will read from the info booklet that comes with the cards to see what adds up, and what the cards you got mean.
and there you have it, your reading.

and that's all I know of tarot cards!
3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:27 am
User Image

I actually own two tarot decks as of this moment, moving on to three. I use them quite frequently, and sometimes, the predictions are accurate. I've used Tarot to help layout certain aspects before, ones that influence my current situation, and they've always given me an answer. I trust my Tarot now so I'm beginning to use them more frequently.

I love Tarot! heart

User Image

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

RainbowIrisGuide

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:01 am
I have found that I'm gifted at Tarot. But it takes some time to learn to be a true master. Hopefully I will be one some day.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:33 pm
I have use the normal card deck and tarot cards.  

-Sky_Flames-

7raindrops

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:36 am
My mom used to do Tarot, and when I worked at a bookstore we would have to lock them up because people would steal either some cards or the whole decks. Get a deck that speaks to you and take it with a grain of salt heart I would love to have my cards read one day  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:09 pm
I do tarot card readings. Have been paid, but mostly do them for free.
You don't want to buy yourself a set. It is better if someone gives them to you as a gift. Also, don't do your own readings.  

Divom Deus

Alivvia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:30 pm
I have my own tarot set, it's a hand me down from my great great aunt or something, been in the family for a long time. I feel like they definitely have their own energy and my grandmother who gave them to me said she could feel it too. She refuses to touch them, she says future telling is a devil art.
I don't rely on them but I find they are very accurate, depending on how vague the question is of course but theres a lot to be said for the power of suggestion ...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:42 pm
I have a regular Rider deck and I use it with myself, my family, friends and classmates. It's fun and usually pretty dead-on accurate.  

Spooky Ames

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:55 pm
I still own my tarot decks, but I don't use them anymore. I think they are disappointed with me. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:04 pm
I use the Medicine Tarots, based off of the native american beliefs, so animals, woot! However, I absolutely envy my mentor, then again he owns his own mysticism shop ^_^. He got me into the Medicine cards, and I love giving readings. I haven't done any lately, but damn they are helpful when I'm depressed. I never really been able to connect to the spiritual plane, but when the deck is in my hand, I hollowed out and replaced with this ever, wholesome presence.
I give readings to my friends, though the Medicine deck is mostly related to diving into the human being, who they are, their personality, how are they hurting, how they can heal, and where are they in their walk through life. Great stuff ^_^  

MemorysGalleySlave

Toshi Shino

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:49 pm
Edit.

I had made a rune deck. On paper I drew the runes, wrote three characteristics of the rune on them, their element, and put them in card protectors I had used in the past for card games. It has been interesting, but I had made a rule not to read my own future for one thing.

Good readings so far.  
39: Spirituality.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff