Submit

would you help?
  yes
  no
  maybe, but I will think about it first.
View Results

Motoko Kitari

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:15 pm
um... I need a little help. My family is a mix of different religions and they all clash. My grandparents are catholic, my mother is wicca, my father is peagan, my sister is norse, but I am agnostic ,and I would like to at least know the difference between these clashing religions. just so that I can choose the right one. Can some one please explain the differences?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 pm
Catholics are against Wiccans and Paegans. Norse and Agnostic- I don't even know what they are. My family is Baptist, but i personally like a mix of the Catholic and Protestant religions. That's just me, my mom isn't exactly happy i like Catholic stuff. That's the best i can describe it.  

xKayoko_scissor-heartx

Motoko Kitari

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:41 pm
xKayoko_scissor-heartx
Catholics are against Wiccans and Paegans. Norse and Agnostic- I don't even know what they are. My family is Baptist, but i personally like a mix of the Catholic and Protestant religions. That's just me, my mom isn't exactly happy i like Catholic stuff. That's the best i can describe it.
ok thank you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:15 am
stare  

Motoko Kitari

Motoko Kitari

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:26 pm
ಠ_ಠ  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:47 am
ಠ_ಠ ....  

Motoko Kitari

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:54 pm
Hmm, I'd like to help, but I don't think I can tell you the difference between Norse, Wicca, and Pagan. I had kind of figured they were basically the same thing. :/  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:12 pm
http://www.religioustolerance.com

I'm sure that can help you
if you're ready to do alot of reading sweatdrop

SayGee

Dapper Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Motoko Kitari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:00 am
Thank you for the help.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:35 am
Yeah, the honest truth is, THERE IS NO RIGHT RELIGION! It's just whatever you feel comfortable with. Follow your heart, and it'll lead you down the your right path. Everyone's path may be different, but there is only one path for you. smile  

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

o-o_TeaThyme_o-o

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:53 pm
Maybe I could give you a quick overview of the religions? That link up top should help you, but for a quick source...

Catholics- Christians, sometimes can be pretty strict, follow seven sacraments and led by the pope, in Rome...Eh, they tend to believe good works will send you to heaven....Lots of history to the Catholic church. You should learn about it in history, though it won't exactly be flattering. xD But don't worry. They aren't all terrible. They are, however, against pretty much every other religion, even if they do (usually) tolerate them. Nowadays. I think their services are beautiful, but that's just me. Some might find the church services too strict and stuffy.

Wicca- I know sadly little about this one. I know it's not witchcraft, anyway. Perhaps you should ask your mother to share some of what she believes, to get a clearer picture? I believe it's somewhat similar to pagan...Somewhat. Pagan's a little more general, I think. You should probably do some research on these too, because though I have friends who are both, my brain's going blank on the details.

Norse- I didn't even realize people still believed in this. o_O It's Norse Mythology, as far as I can think of. Lead god of Odin with his many sons and daughters and various other relatives/women around him...Eh, that would be Thor, Loki, Freyja...There's quite a few. Lots of fascinating stories with this one, but again, I thought it was an extinct religion, much like Greek mythology...Except from the Nordic lands, like Sweden and Norway.

I'm guessing you know what agnostic is, since you consider yourself one. wink

Me, I'm Episcopalian. Which is similar to Catholic. But Protestant. But I'll try not to confuse you anymore than absolutely necessary. XD

Just ask if you need anything else explained. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:38 am
Here are a few definitions to keep in mind:

RELIGION: An organized system of beliefs and rituals centering on super-natural being or beings.

SPIRITUAL or SPIRITUALITY: Of the spirit. Sacred.  

Nancia

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Citizen 200
39: Spirituality.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items