View Results

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:35 am
What to do when we are feeling sad, gaians? I thought comforting others who are also depress might be a good idea to make me feel less depressed. But it has been nearly 14 hours now. I am feeling more sad and down sad

bush meat hunters, people without knowing say bad things to others people, being who I am, sleeping so late at night, games turned into duties.

sad sad sad any suggestion please? I am not emo, never has been. I always try to look towards bright sides. But yesterday and till now today I still feel shaken by all the things I have read, watched, heard, done.

I know this feeling might gone soon, hopefully soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:51 am
WTF? It shouldn't matter if you're emo or not. You're unhappy and need some cheering up. If the weather's nice, they say you should try to immerse yourself in it. Sunlight tends to help brighten to moods a bit. Try some bike riding or something too. that could help. Or you could call a friend over and watch a cheesy old movie. Making fun of those is always fun.

When I get depressed I wind up playing videos or when I'm worse, I do nothing. But That usually adds to it, especially over WoW, where I get killed by other chars at times and my bf is a jerk about helping me play the game. I usually try to do other things outside of video games for that reason.  

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:36 pm
Hmm...
When I am feeling sad I usually talk to my therapist.
But, you probably don't have one of those.
So...
When I can't speak with her, I find that drawing *Just grabbing colors or even a regular pen and scribbiling* helps.
Or, I write.
Writing is a great outlet for emotions.
Singing, and dancing like your on crack helps too!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:00 am
i think we're the same but... i didn't make it as a serious matter i take it as a normal matter i tried to relieved my stress by playing mobile or gaia games and it works rolleyes

now,now... am i an emo girl? sweatdrop

nurmedina

7,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lemon Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm
There, there. Sometimes we feel sad for the most random reasons. And when one tries to explain why it is they are sad to another, it comes out sounding extremely trivial. However, I'm pretty sure it happens to all of us.

Whenever I'm sad and no one wants to listen, I just go to sleep. It's a temporary quick-fix, but it works well. For as long as you're asleep, as long as you don't have any bad dreams, you'll forget all of your troubles. Though, I wouldn't use it on a regular basis. Sometimes it clears your head, but sometimes you end up feeling worse. Reading a book helps too. Especially if you can relate. Anything you can relate to will give you a sense of reassurance, knowing that others have gone through what you are currently experiencing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:26 pm
try listening to music ,reading,or watching tv-to get you away from youre problems.you can also try writing or drawing, and if you want someone to know how you feel-show them the drawing.its really helpful.  

dem0nicd0rk

Fallen Phantom

9,490 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Meii-Mo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:19 am
some of us might not even know the cause of the depression. It's as if it hits us randomly. If it's one of those, I suggest listening to music that calms you, or hobbies what make you happy and help you think more positive. Do something you love doing.
if there was a depression that was caused by someone, a situation that made you unhappy, death.. confront it. question it. or even talking about it to a close friend whose had gone through the same things once can help you get through it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:03 am
Go outside and ride a bike.

Do something to get exercise. It will make you feel better because your body is releasing chemicals (namely endorphins, chemicals released from doing things like eating comfort foods and having sex) that will make you feel better.

A few hours of feeling sad could just mean you are tired and haven't been getting that very important exercise.

Manly Fop

coquettejr

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:58 am
I think the most important thing for you to understand is that its okay for you to feel sad sometimes. I think the biggest problem people face when dealing with sadness and depression is the idea that they "shouldn't" feel sad or depressed. Which only makes the depressed person feel worse for feeling a way they "shouldn't". It becomes a vicicious cycle that is really hard to break.

I've spent many years in the depressive state. So much so that finally a couple of years ago, my doctor put me on medication and sent me to see a counsoler. Learning that I'm not "wrong" for feeling the way that I do made a huge impact on being able to overcome those feelings.

When I get down, I like to write. I find that writing helps me to express feelings I didn't know I had. Espcially when I write in a fiction-like mood. Give it a try; write a crazy story about how sad and miserable your life is, exaggerate to the max, and outdo yourself on the next page. You'll find once it's out, you feel a lot better.

My other advice is to maintain contact with the outside world. Whether you go out with your real life friends, or continue posting in this forum connections with other humans are vital in keeping you grounded in the reality of your life. When you lose that connection, you begin a dangerous slide to self-destruction. Believe me on this: I've been there.

Good luck and if you need to talk to someone, my virtual ear is always available. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:04 pm
I'm depressed just about all the time, so I'm constantly involved in or craving some form of escapism, like reading or what I'm doing right now.  

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

Milleia

Enduring Evader

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:17 pm
xxEternallyBluexx
I'm depressed just about all the time, so I'm constantly involved in or craving some form of escapism, like reading or what I'm doing right now.
To this, I can relate.

I sleep more than doing other things. And then I fume, and then I get more depressed. rofl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:48 pm
When I am depressed, meaning every single damned secound of my pathetic existance, I pass time by trying to not kill myself, making up storielines in my head and following them until day break is there and I am forced to do daily rituals of school and work, writing out meaningless psycobabble like this, and ending the day by watching tv and inventing ways of killing myself in artistic ways.  

Ganrlin

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

dbdarkseeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:35 am
once you start to think like that it wouldnt go away. at times it will leasen but it will come back. when you let your mind drift or even just a passing comment by some unknown person. ive been battleing the same thing for months now and no matter who i talk to or what i say it wont go away. i havnt really slept, lost a good amount of wight, have a hard time eatting, and run off of emptey batterys, coffe and energy drinks. the best you can so is get used to it and staying up days at a time because of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:06 pm
when Im sad...

I just lay on my bed staring at nothing and wait for my depression to pass. I have a counsilor but i dont like talking to her. I used to cut but what does that do, but only make my mom cry. So all i do is lay dead on my bed doing nothing.

Kikisaur

5,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
47: The Depression Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items