Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 74: Hogwarts, Hogwarts, and more Hogwarts
Problems with the movies Post 'em here!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addykaye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:53 am
Okie This has probably been told before but I need to get it out...

I love the movies but they often leave some important stuff out...

For example the very first MOVIE!!! Snape was sopost be one of the teachers protecting the stone right? Well then why didnt they show it when the children went down there.. Hermione was sopost to do potions but they left it out..

Okie im done but ill probably post again about something else in the movies...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:13 am
I don't have that much of a problem with the first movie. It captures the spirit of the book all right. Te second is also quite good.
And then Christopher Columbus stopped making them. And everything turned worse. They're leaving out what's improtant: Character development, the mysteries that have to be solved, the magic around Hogwarts, and instead they add five thousand battles or so...  

Mianio

xXWitherWingsXx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:22 pm
Same here. People take out some of the parts, that makes me angry sometimes.

Like the 5th movie in the department of mysteries they left out the different rooms.

But they have a reason: They dont want to make a movie thats too long . It makes it a little more boring, and it takes money to make a movie.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 pm
Hm. Good reason. :S

I disliked the fifth movie, even though Luna & Umbridge were pure awesome, cuz they left out a lot of parts. I can't really blame them though. And I think they should focus more on the plot... I heard that the fourth movie was bad, but less so than the fifth movie. *has watched all current movies except the fourth*  

Riceycake

Plague Mule

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:42 pm
what the heck is with the fifth movie? I mean, harry and cho.... nothing ever actually ends between them! plus the fact that they could have added a lot more action in the time it took for the SUPER LONG KISS that nobody actually cared about! i mean, whoopie flippin doo! yeah, so they kiss! you don't need to make it 5 FRICKING MINUTES LONG.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:51 am
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone-
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets- THE DEATHDAY PARTY!!!
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban-
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- NEVILLE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO GIVE HARRY THE GILLYWEED; DOBBY WAS!!!
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- NEVILLE DOESN'T FIND THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT; THAT WAS DOBBY, TOO!!!
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince-
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-
EDIT THE LAST 2 WHEN THE MOVIES COME THIS FALL AND THE SUMMER OF 2K10  

tortugaoverlord

Lonely Kitten

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Millionaire 200

sesshomarudono365

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:27 am
Keisei_Doku_Hana
what the heck is with the fifth movie? I mean, harry and cho.... nothing ever actually ends between them! plus the fact that they could have added a lot more action in the time it took for the SUPER LONG KISS that nobody actually cared about! i mean, whoopie flippin doo! yeah, so they kiss! you don't need to make it 5 FRICKING MINUTES LONG.

Yeah! They were SUPPOSED to go on a date...but NOOOooo...
I think they didn't make it long enough though, it was only about an 1 hour and 30 minutes, or something like that. The other movies were what, 2 hours or so?! They really cut a lot out so it was so short....
I think they should've added some more into it so it was longer and so they didn't miss as much, like the date, and at least some of the different rooms.....but that's just my opinion.

Problem: 5th = tooooooo short crying (by a LONG way)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:15 am
I am shocked that no one has mentioned Winky from the Goblet of Fire (or lack thereof) she was vital in illustrating the relationship between wizard and house-elf! Also, the reason they didn't have Dobby give Harry the gillyweed is because they hadn't established that House-elves work at Hogwarts. Also, they didn't have my two favorite parts of the book in that movie: When Harry is sneaking on the stairs and Snape trys to catch him, but "Moody" laughs and says there's nothing there even though he can see Harry through his invisibility cloak with his magic eye... And the part right before/after Crouch's death, where he's "going insane" but laterthey find out that he was actually fighting an imperius curse... surprised  

Kerosene Helix

Aged Rabbit

11,250 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50

Softball_Hoops_Fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:24 am
I was upset in the 5th movie how they cut out most of Snapes Worst Memory. That was my favorite chapter in the WHOLE series!!! It made me very mad!!!!! I was sooo looking forward to seeing Lily tell James off!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:56 am
newstevesteph3
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone-
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets- THE DEATHDAY PARTY!!!
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban-
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- NEVILLE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO GIVE HARRY THE GILLYWEED; DOBBY WAS!!!
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- NEVILLE DOESN'T FIND THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT; THAT WAS DOBBY, TOO!!!
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince-
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-
EDIT THE LAST 2 WHEN THE MOVIES COME THIS FALL AND THE SUMMER OF 2K10

The deathday party was pointless. It didn't forward the story.  

Jade-Bloom

6,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
74: Hogwarts, Hogwarts, and more Hogwarts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items