Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 92: Skateboarders Unite!!! Shread here!!!
Trick Tips Thread! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ptr362

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:22 pm
So how about this for an idea: a thread for people who would like to ask for advise on tricks they are struggling to do? ideal for beginners, and handy even for more experienced skaters! even if you're not good at giving advise and wanna help, maybe you know where to find a good video tutorial on the web or something?

Anyway, if you've any trick related questions, how about posting it here? maybe someone here can help!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:53 pm
Thats a radical idea. im an amateur. ive been skating for 2 years, but never did anything trick wise. how about a little help with doing a kickflip??  

Innocence of a Shadow

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:33 pm
ptr362
So how about this for an idea: a thread for people who would like to ask for advise on tricks they are struggling to do? ideal for beginners, and handy even for more experienced skaters! even if you're not good at giving advise and wanna help, maybe you know where to find a good video tutorial on the web or something?

Anyway, if you've any trick related questions, how about posting it here? maybe someone here can help!

Nice idea for a topic. I'm glad I started this subforum I mean someone had to.
But anyway what's up with hardflips? Is their an easier way to learn thoses?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:46 pm
Innocence of a Shadow
Thats a radical idea. im an amateur. ive been skating for 2 years, but never did anything trick wise. how about a little help with doing a kickflip??

I would help you out but lately skaters have some certain ways to kickflip it's kind of hard for me to explain by words. Probably Peter (ptr362) could explain it better than I do.  

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ptr362

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:52 pm
hardflips are the biggest pain in the a** ever! i've only ever landed one properly in my normal stance and it broke my board at the same time. the only advise i could give is that if you can do fronside flips, you do that, but train your body not to follow. it feels really weird but that's how i managed to land the 1.

for some reason i find nollie hardflips relatively easy, and a hell of a lot easier than a normal stanced hardflip at least. i can do them as well as i can do my kickflips.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:56 pm
damn it! I suck at frontside filps. I find it easier to frontside heel. But since you put that way i'll probably find easier to do hardflips rather than F/S flips.  

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ptr362

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:12 pm
Some advise

kickflips are hard to explain, different people might tell you different things about how to do them. here's some tips before even trying the trick, may be obvious to some, but hey, it's free advice! lol

if you have a board that's not really professional, it's much harder. cheaper boards don't seem to be designed as well for doing tricks, i improved a lot faster once i bought my first decent priced board, it was one of the local skate shops own boards. if skateboarding is a major hobby to you, invest in a decent board

check you're trucks, ideally you want to go still be going in a straight line when preparing for the trick. steering side wards will put you off, also, if the wheels are sanding holes into the board, the trucks are probably too lose. try to have your trucks so they're not lose and will go in a straight line when you push it away in a straight line.

I'll do anther post trying to explain kickflips, although i don't know how good my advise on it will be  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:15 pm
Ghetto Thrasher
damn it! I suck at frontside filps. I find it easier to frontside heel. But since you put that way i'll probably find easier to do hardflips rather than F/S flips.

How are your varial heelflips? that would be worth a try if you can't do them already. i've never done a frontside heelflip, mayby once fakie, but not certain  

ptr362

ptr362

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:28 pm
i've tried to explain how to kickflip but i'm just really bad at it. so instead, here's a youtube link of a kickflip tutorial taken from tony hawk's trick tips:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s1VPSipLt5k

sorry i can't explain, hopefully the link can help you out  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:31 pm
funny, about varial heels, i haven't tryed those in a while (too busy learning new tricks)last time i remember they're weird to do but easier to do fakie, to me. I'm not sure though i guess i'll try them 2morrow and i'll let you know then. as for F/S heel it's all depends on foot placement and if you can heelflip it early or delayed. I usually heelflip half-way thru rotation (in other words at 90 degress)  

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ptr362

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:47 pm
i don't think i'll ever do a front side heel any time soon, it's justs like a real big stretch for me, i think the footing i'm use to makes it difficult to get the full rotation. i can only manage 2/3 of the way roughly.

fakie backside heelflips feel nice  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:57 pm
Quote:
fakie backside heelflips feel nice

yes they do cool  

Ghetto Thrasher

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The_Retaliator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:04 pm
yea uhm.... I'm part of a skate team called F.F.B and although i haven't perfected every trick, i sure as hell know how to do them, so if you need any help then either post here (i may not check this thread often) or PM me, ill be glad to help

Please visit my site (check my signature)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:33 am
Kickflip Advise

1.Im pretty sure you got the stance one foot in the middle with heel hanging off edge and one foot in back for the pop.

2.Pop the board with your back foot and kick it with front foot. The problem I see most is kicking to much and only landing with one foot. Also remeber not to kick to lightly.

3.When you see the board come back around to its griptape just put your feet down on it. Most people say slam your feet down but when i was trying to teach my friend when he slammed down it broke my board. crying  

El Rapido

Uncanny Bus_

Wheezing Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:43 pm
XxART0xSK8ERxX
Kickflip Advise

1.Im pretty sure you got the stance one foot in the middle with heel hanging off edge and one foot in back for the pop.

2.Pop the board with your back foot and kick it with front foot. The problem I see most is kicking to much and only landing with one foot. Also remeber not to kick to lightly.

3.When you see the board come back around to its griptape just put your feet down on it. Most people say slam your feet down but when i was trying to teach my friend when he slammed down it broke my board. crying

Same thing happened to me, my buddy Kurt broke it.. a good board too, served me well... Good enough explanation, too. Way better than I could have said it. cool  
92: Skateboarders Unite!!! Shread here!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games