relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 39: Spirituality.
Fact, or Myth? (read, pleez? ^_^ ) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do You Think Astrology, or in Other Words, the Zodiac, is real?
  No
  Yes
View Results

--MaLiCioUs-Contempt-- I

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:49 pm

Well....
I've always asked myself
"is astrology real?"
astrology is like zodiac, the sign that supposally makes you up, and defines your charestaristics.
like virgo, libra, leo
stuff like that
well, as I was saying,
im in a little bit of doubt.
people say its true because the charestaristics that the sign specifies, makes up, or is their personality.
People say that the zodiac is the work os satan of evil
and a sin to believe in
but im not sure about it....
I think its real
The symbols are very detailed, the stories make sence and its almost always very accurate.
The fortune telling (the horoscope thing)
doesnt seem to convince me,
but the astrology is VERY convincing.
does anyone have any ideas, or opinions?
Please try to prove you opinion in a polite and mature manner
i dont like fights.......
Thankiez!!
^_^
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:42 pm
I used to be big in the zodiac...until I realized how really vague the descriptions to each sign were. So one day, to test its validity, I decided to start believing I was a Capricorn vs. a Libra (my real sign)...and after a month, I started assuming the qualities of Capricorn.

So I think the zodiac is just a guideline...created by people who wished to know who they were. You can be whatever sign you want to believe you are- doesn't matter.

Also...consider that the Libra, the 7th sign of the zodiac which is suppose to represent "the high point of the seasons, when the harvest of all the hard work of the spring is reaped," is only true in the Northern Hemisphere.

In the Southern Hemisphere, the Libran sign will fall during the spring seasons, so it wouldn't really work as the sign of 'harvest.'

candyripper

--MaLiCioUs-Contempt-- I

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:27 pm
im a libra too
and i never noticed that
hmmmm....
thanx for answering
^_^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:33 pm
I believe it x3
I'm a gemini and what I have noticed is my personality skims that of a gemini
I do like to talk, a tad bit too much
I've actually started calling everything I say a rant just so people know I'll be going off topic alot xD
see, theres us geminis :3
http://www.astrology-online.com/gemini.htm  

SayGee

Dapper Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200

BluJayWay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:42 pm
While I don't take them as law, I have to admit that the personality traits described with each sign are pretty accurate.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:27 am
I'm on the cusp of gemini and cancer, more so on the cancer side, and I fit right in with both categories. But then again, look at the traits the zodiac describes, we all have at least one or two qualities from all of them, so you're bound to fit somewhere.  

RPM Osbourne

1,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

malkavia esoterica

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:24 pm
Reality is a projection of your frequency upon a given level. To truly find out you should study astrology yourself. It's a big subjects there are many possibilities and words can only explain so much. It's real to me, I dont' let it rule my life however, I've never done so well with the Libras that I knew.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:22 pm
Everytime I was in a relationship it ended pretty much exactly the way the little astrology thing said it would, and I read the descriptions after the relationship was over so it wasn't a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't put a lot of stock in the zodiac because I think that humans determine their own courses, sometimes it's eerily accurate, but it is always so vague that it's pretty much useless.

A lot of people exhibit characteristics of their sign, some exhibit none.

So yeah, I don't consider it much more than a diversion.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

ax77xa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:09 pm
I dunno really.
I believe in the Zodiac...I have for quite a while.
The Horoscopes are different, in essence, from the Zodiac.
I'm a Scorpio, and the traits listed for it match well with my own.
My element is Water; I've always felt a sort of attraction towards water.
But I don't also just go along with the Zodiac..
I follow Numerology as well, and although it contradicts the Zodiac a lot, my Numbers fit me as a person as well.
I think it's up to whether or not you believe, really.
Like in the old tales, they say if you believe, it works for you; if not, it's just another aspect of life.
But the thing is, despite whether or not you believe in it or not, it has definite origins. The planets do affect our personality changes and the such, so at least that part of the Zodiac is correct, if not everything else.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:37 pm
ok, lets see if i can do this...

i believe the zodiac is basically false. dont know if many people have ever seen it, but the anime fruits basket states that the zodiac was origionally a time-keeping method based on tens and twelves. the animals and personality thing were added later.
i myself am capricorn, but i barely have any of a capricorns traits. RPM, i do think i have a few traits from some of the other zodiacs, both chinese and american. (in china im a dog)
while i have complete disregard for the zodiac itself, and little faith in fortune-telling, dream interpritation is a bit accurate- though the interpritation differs from person to person.
tarot cards only work if both the person using them and the person theyre being used on truly believes in them. but if both do, you had better heed them. things like this are powered by faith, will, and words.  

Raine Wildheart

Atrophic Soliloquy

Sparkly Fatcat

8,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:28 am
Honestly, I don't beleive the part about who you should stay away from. I'm a pisces, and I'm supposed to get along with scorpios. I know a few people that are scorpios that I don't get along well with.

Me and my mom read our horoscopes sometimes and they're accurate about most of the stuff going on. So, its kind of a so-so with me.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:04 pm
Astrology is much more complicated than most people realize. There are many numerous things that you have to factor regarding your sign and possible future readings regarding your sign as well. That's why astrologists existed in the first place--to interpret such things, to give meaning to the celestial bodies that float above us.

I'm a little like my sign, but not so much. I'm a Taurus, however, I'm not that stable, or anything like that. I'm sure I have too much Air in me which probably conflicts with the Earth that's supposed to be there instead. It's all so weird for meh... :/  

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Blazing Phoenix23

Dapper Werewolf

7,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:04 am
Personally, I think that both the regular and chinese zodiac are indeed real. In fact, I'd say that sometimes the things that the zodiac says about a person are spot on. But thats just my opinion. In reality its up to the individual to decide whether the zodiacs are real to them or not smile .

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:50 pm
Considering that zodiac is a form of divination, would tarot go here, too? I don't practice, but I'm getting into it. smile  

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

She-who-loves-hyphens

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:15 am
I used to believe in the zodiac relgiously, but now i kind of... dont so much. I dont check horisocpes, or any thing like that.  
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff