Reply 11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters
illegal immigration

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the_forgotten_thought

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:15 pm
ok, so i heard that illegal immigration could be stopped, but the reason that the government hasn't done much about it is because of economical purposses? is this the truth? what are the pros and cons of illegal immigration?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:07 pm
Economical? lmao, illegal immigrants take jobs and then we have millions of poor citizens who can't get a job because some s**c took it for half the wages. Or a bunch of illegal Asians are hired by a family member who owns a store.

Illegal immigrants should be outlaws. Like how we used to have outlaws -- if you want to be outside the law, then you can also be outside the protection of the law. I really don't get the logic of our legal system sometimes. If someone comes here ILLEGALLY, completely disregarding our laws, why do they even get the same entitlements that legal citizens do? They should be completely outside the law. If an illegal immigrant is murdered, it's done and over with and we'll probably benefit from it anyway. He didn't come here as a respectful PERSON, he came here illegally, it's like breaking into someone's house and sitting in their kitchen eating their food, and then when the homeowner comes down in the morning and finds you in his living room, what are you gonna do? Just sit there and claim you have a right to be there and that you should be treated with the same respect as the guests?  

NOCTVRNVS

WrathofCronos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:20 am
Okay, first and foremost, I have to say that my friend who posted before me should first read a little more into the actual issue of immigration before he decides that racists ideal make for a logical argument.

Illegal immigration is a serious problem, and yes, no one benefits from this situation. Contrary to the belief of my predecessor immigrants which come into this country illegally DO NOT have the same rights as those who so through legal means. This is the very reason why the "s**c" and the asians get the lousy paying jobs, they don't have someone to watch there backs, so they can't complain when an employer gives them lousy wages for a job that could have given to a legal resident/citizen for much more.

The problem arise when these immigrants have children in this country, those children are now citizens, and THEY ARE entitled to the same rights as the rest of us since they were born on American soil. But because the parents are not legal and therefore do not pay taxes, the children, though it isn't there fault, are getting a free ride through the system forcing the rest of us, legal tax payers to pick up the tap.

Unfortunately, the way that the system is now there is no clear and safe way to report, legalize and ultimately successfully deport unwanted immigrants out of these country. By "unwanted" immigrants, I mean those individuals who have broken our laws, have no job, and are being supported by the system and not by there own hard work. The other problem is that every single time that a solution to these problem is proposed, somewhere in the discussion it stops being a immigration problem and turns into a racial one. As long as our fellow Americans look at this as a racial problem, and not just as purely a problem of immigration the problem is never going to be solved.

It is my belief that the first real step towards a solution of illegal immigration is to severely punish those companies which hire the undocumented workers, and not place the blame solely on the undocumented worker. If companies stop hiring them, we might be able to stem the tide.

Here is there where the problem of money comes in, why hire a legal worker for $5 an hour, when you can hire a illegal immigrant for $1 and hour, and not have to worry about paying taxes, not to mention all the benefits you don't have to pay for?

So as much as I would love to see an end to the problem, I don't think that it's going to happen anytime soon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
I've had this idea swimming around in my head for quite some time; why not send all of them to Mars in a big spacecraft? Along with our convicted killers, rapists, dictators, rebels, coup leaders, and the other scum that go through life hiding behind the system's closed doors. Like NOCTVRNVS said; why continue to let them in our boundaries through legal means? I'll tell you why, and it's for the same reason you just said; because they're cheap, they're efficient, they don't lack motivation, and most of them work harder than legalized citizens simply because of the lifestyles in their own crummy country which pays s**t, gives them nothing but s**t, and treats them like s**t. We can't stop illegal immigration unless we take a violent action, which in today's society, would be impossible, sheerly due to the human rights watch. What we NEED to do is electrify the fences, or perhaps set up a perimeter of snipers and some signs a mile back that say, "Trespassers into the next country will be shot upon attempts at entering via illegal means."
But then again, that violates their 'Rights'. You're right; it's an issue that needs to be halted, but won't be any time soon.

Lord Drago

Dapper Explorer

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sliph

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:16 am
What you do is move the fence and signs (that say you'll be shot if you trespass) a mile back and classify all the land up to the border as private property so it would technically be legal to shoot them.

Or possibly set up a military base along the border where it is legal to use lethal force on trespassers.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:25 am
I agree that illegal immigration is a problem. That's not to mean I am unsympathetic.

I don't like the idea that people are breaking our country's laws. Not only are they able to get jobs, they do not have to pay taxes as citizens do. It is also a huge problem about children being born here becoming automatic citizens. That gives the parents right of passage to stay; who's going to send away parents to a citizen?

However, it makes me wonder why so many flock from Mexico. Surely there is a reason people are willing to make such a strenuous journey. I would say they are not finding their own country suitable for decent living. Another way to look at solving the problem is somehow encouraging Mexico to better take care of their own people so they wont feel the need to live illegally somewhere else.  

criffer

KityKatt27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:41 pm
im sorry, whoever said the jist of 'lets just shoot them all', why are you on the intelligent forum?
illegal immigration really isnt as bad as people make it out to be. im by no means saying its fabulous, but its not the worst thing ever. those 'millions of poor citizens who can't get a job because some s**c took it for half the wages' arent all out of a job because an immigrant took it. the jobs that the illegals do are dirty, difficult, backbreaking jobs that americans as a hole, even most of those 'poor citizens' dont want to do. because americans dont want to do the jobs, and immigrants will, the ecconomy actually sees a plus outta this. that would b why the government is attempting to make laws that say workers cant be treated like s**t nemore.
the reason the come here illegally in the first place is because that $1 an hr they make by slaving away, living in shitty conditions, moving back and forth to wherever theyr needed, and never getting to hav a day off, even if theyr sick, is because that one dollar is more than the can make if they stay in mexico. that one dollar an hour is barely enough to get their family by, but its more than they can make out of america  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:40 am
Some on you claim that illegals hurt the economy but they don't. Illegal immigration is filling a gap of labor for low skilled jobs.
This research include many resources and give details of how the investigation is done.
http://www.cfr.org/content/publications/attachments/ImmigrationCSR26.pdf

Illegal immigration, is it a problem? absolutely. Should it be stopped? yes of course .
Is it a huge problem? Definitely not. It is clear that the media and many anti immigration (SOME linked to racist, bible thumping groups) are taking this issue completely out of proportion, blaming and demonizing a group of people for many current issues in the US with no good reason at all.

I think illegal immigration issue is a deep problem that will only have a solution in the long terms and that a bilateral and concurrent work should be done to slow the flow of immigration. Discouraging illegals should be tried to do.
Making legal access cheaper, faster and easier.
Fining business that hires them.
Promoting progress in Latin American countries.
Making temporal or seasonal work programs.
Securing the border.

Maybe in that order, but definitely securing the border (since it has a great negative cost/benefit) should be tried to be avoided.

Also, to even consider shooting down human people... To compare them with murderes and rapists; this only shows the ignorance and fear many have for a group of people that their only goal is a better life.  

Deute

11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff