View Results

Lostt Eviie

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:01 pm
Starmica
I have to say Eragon was the worst fantasy movie I've ever seen. I mean- they couldn't even handle killing one of the characters at the right time. And they totally left out an important town that is critical in the second book. I don't see how they can even make a second movie to it. I loved the books, but they needed to try and follow the books.

I hear you. I made a big mistake watching the movie before I read the book. At first, it seemed OK, but then when I read it, I was really disappointed. I can't wait for Brisingr!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:43 pm
Yeah, I couldn't believe what they did to the Eragon movie. It totally destroyed the book. The books are awesome though and I'm already saving for Brisingr Though I've heard they are doing a fourth book because they needed to cut down the third one. No matter what, I'll get my paws on it. ^_^  

Starmica

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:28 am
The Eragon movie was the worst fantasy movie ever. They left out so many parts from the book. Some of the characters that are very important to the story aren't there. How does a dragon mature into a full grown one in 10 seconds? Why didn't Eragon go to prision like he was supposed to and then rescue Arya? I mean you can't fit a good 400 to 500 page book into 2 hours of film. You think Hollywood would know that by now. I can't wait for Brisingr either. It now has a subtitle. The Seven Promises of Eragon Shadeslayer and Saphira Bjartskular. He is making a fourth one to. I think he already started it from what it said somewhere on his website.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:52 pm
Eragon. Eragon. Eragon. Everyone's said it already. It is truly shocking. Mind you, no offence or anything, people, but I didn't like the books all that much. sweatdrop I thought Eragon was good. But I found Eldest boring.  

Lady Heatherington-Smythe

Alaleila

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:25 am
Non the less, the Guy who made Eragon the movie should be shoot.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:08 pm
ok, everyone said it all: Eragon was the absolute worst (although Dragon Wars also sucked. the guy gets screwed over in every negative way possible! i mean, srsly!) i love the Inheritance books, (BOOK FOUR PLEASE! yes there will be one) and if another movie should be made, remake the first one

"Blood and Chocolate... But that's only if you compare it to the book. The book was SO much better, but I think the movie was awful. The only thing that made it even resemble the book, were the names of the characters. They were the same as the book and the title of the movie was the same as the book. Other than that, it was awful. Completely and totally awful."

(someone on page three ish said that. im not good with the quote system or remembering names, so sorry!) and that basically describes Eragon. actually, i think i said the exact same thing to my friend the other day.

they basically slaughtered everything that made Eragon great (added to giving Saphira Feathers! Who's "Mentally Challenged" idea was that? [haha, sry, trying to stop swearing XD]) and focused on all things that turned the plot from great to "omg hollywood, tears of pain from watching, and blown out eardrums from the crap."

speaking of, whoever was defending Eragon being ripped from Star Wars and LOTR, THANK YOU!!!!! those people piss me off so bad. (Skiota, im gonna be blunt, i officially think very low of you now)  

Zyv Dreya

uPrincess Bubblegum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:22 pm
Eragon's really that bad? wow. thanks for the head's up on that crapola. I guess I'll save my time from watching it '

To me, blood and chocolate was pretty bad. I haven't read the book, which would probably strengthen my argument, but I still found the movie to be cheesy and extremely predictable. I found the girl to be so "self righteous", and full of herself (she runs through an alleyway, and using her powers, she jumps and bounces off a wall of a building. Was there really a need for that...? ) .

75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff