Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 72: Science & Astronomy Hangout
Anything good to see?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like looking at the night sky?
  YES! I go out on freezing nights if I must!
  Yes
  Kinda, Not alot, but every once in a while.
  Not really, once is enough.
  No, just isnt my thing.
  Dunno, havent really done it.
View Results

Kahalm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:22 am
Ever since I graduated from highschool I have been really too busy to go back to astronamy club. However I loved it, Expechally the once a month star party, where we brought out telliscopes we all had (and even made, our club made a fairly kickass 6 inch telliscope). I was great to be able to see all the cool stuff, I particularlly loved to see Saturn.

Anyway, Since I havent had that anymore im just itching to go out and probe around on my own scope... However I dont have a really good guide to go by. Sure books and stuff can tell you what there is to see, but they dont tell you about upcomming events like comets and stuff, which are fairly awsome to take a peek at.

So I wanted to know if you knew of anything upcomming that is good to see. I really want to get out there sometime soon because I really miss it. And I want to find something more than just the moon, saturn, mars, and all the stuff I see everytime I go out (although its always a pleasure).

BTW, Please excuse my spelling in this and other posts I have made. Although Im 19 (almost 20) and in collage, I have sevear dyxlexia (WHY THEY MAKE A WORD TO DESCRIBE A SPELLING DISORDER SO HARD TO SPELL IS BEYOND ME!). Often people peg me as being very young because of it. Thanks for your understanding.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:27 pm
It's ok, I have that also. It's hard at times, but we have to deal with it... I been tracking Mars lately, sunset for tonight is roughly 8:45. In order to get better tracking I use Starry Night Pro 6 in order to get the best results I can control my telescope wireless from my room and stay inside. I do know that tomorrow Jupiter will have a double shadow transit, should be good.  

UF6

Hydrangia

Obsessive Hunter

33,075 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:00 pm
It's overcast/hazy half the year where I live, and there's lots of light pollution, but I like keeping track of the moon and planets when I can. Getting out of the city is nice, but I've never been far enough out to see the Milky Way. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:53 pm
Hydrangia
It's overcast/hazy half the year where I live, and there's lots of light pollution, but I like keeping track of the moon and planets when I can. Getting out of the city is nice, but I've never been far enough out to see the Milky Way. sweatdrop
Depends on the time of year, half the year you can't see it in the northern regions. Though light pollution really obscurers it, the country is great for viewing.  

UF6

72: Science & Astronomy Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff