Reply 39: Spirituality.
"Cafe" Religion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:10 pm
I've never believed in any such thing like that, but as far as I know, my brother used to believe in some strange mix of Islam and Buddhism, so I guess that counts. I'd rather label myself as an Atheist though, because I don't believe in any such thing as spirituality or gods, though I do acknowledge that Jesuit spirituality has some really interesting ideas about society and people.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:29 pm
i havent heard of it, but i guess it explains me, but i just dont know what mix i am emo  

War Resistance

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:07 pm
Efstathios
Hadn't heard the term before, but I know what you mean.

That's about how my beliefs are, I've come to the conclusion that just about everything is true and all the major discrepancies come from perception and interpretation.
I do tend to take specifics from different religions just to have something cogent to say.

I basically do the same thing. I mean, who's to say who is wrong and who is right? We could be ALL right... or maybe... we could all be wrong...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:15 am
Although I consider myself to be a Christian, some of the principles of Buddhism are applicable in my life, especially in terms of keeping a set balance in my lifestyle. Hey, it keeps me sane.  

BluJayWay

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:26 pm
Blaq_Quest
Although I consider myself to be a Christian, some of the principles of Buddhism are applicable in my life, especially in terms of keeping a set balance in my lifestyle. Hey, it keeps me sane.

Exactly.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:57 pm
there has always been a tendency in religions toward syncretism, borrowing from other sources.

just look at the Christmas tree, or the Easter egg.

some of these hybrids used to be condemned as heresy (although, or perhaps because, they were quite popular)

but in this internet age it is easier to borrow and blend than ever, and there is no longer one authority to declare what is and is not acceptable.  

chessiejo

39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces